Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 occurs when Netflix detects that you are using a VPN or a proxy server to watch region-restricted content. So if, for example, you’re using a VPN to access Netflix’s US catalog, or if you’re trying to watch your usual version of Netflix while you’re abroad, you might well see this error pop up.
In this guide, we’re going to talk you through how to fix a Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059, how to switch servers to prevent the problem happening again and which VPN providers are particularly good at bypassing Netflix’s restrictions. So read on for everything you need to know to enjoy streaming great content in peace.
How to fix the Netflix error code in six easy steps
Luckily, it’s really simple and easy to fix the Netflix error code m7111-5059. Just follow our simple step by step instructions and you’ll soon be back to binge watching your favourite Netflix content:
- Sign up to a VPN that can help you bypass Netflix’s security settings. If you need help deciding on which VPN to choose, check out our list below.
- Download and install the VPN software on your computer, tablet, smart TV or smartphone. And make sure you’ve got the right version for your operating system.
- Launch your VPN and sign in. Be sure to choose a secure password.
- Choose a server located in the country that has the Netflix content you want. So, for example, you may want to watch Netflix content from the UK or the US or Japan.
- Clear your cookies to make sure Netflix can’t see your location.
- Sit back and start binge watching the content you want to watch from anywhere in the world. It really is that simple and easy.
What is Netflix error code m7111-5059?
The Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 and m7111-5059 will flag up with the following message:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
The Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 message appears if Netflix identifies that you’re using a VPN to access region-restricted content. This means that the VPN you’re using isn’t able to successfully unblock Netflix.
This is likely because the IP address you’ve been given by your VPN has been blacklisted by Netflix. So, you could try using a few different servers to see if that resolves the issue. In the end, you may simply need a better VPN. And luckily for you, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite VPNs for bypassing Netflix restrictions. Simply scroll down to read about them.
How to fix Netflix error code m7111-5059
It can be really frustrating if you’re trying to watch Netflix and you get error code m7111-1331-5059. But luckily, there are some really simple ways to get around it.
The easiest and most reliable way to avoid the error is to switch to a more reliable VPN provider that can help you bypass Netflix’s restrictions. To help you find the right one, we’ve rounded up some of the best VPN providers for watching Netflix a little lower down in this guide.
Before doing so, you should first try to switch servers – just because Netflix has banned the VPN server you’re using doesn’t mean they’re all blocked.
And if you don’t feel like troubleshooting with your VPN, try looking for another way to watch the content you want. You might be able to find the shows or movies you’re after on YouTube or on another streaming service available in your area.
How to switch servers
A really easy way to get rid of the Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 is to switch VPN servers. This is really easy to do on most VPNs, but we’ll walk you through how to do it:
- Open your VPN app if you haven’t already and connect to a server in the country that has the Netflix content you want to watch. So if, for example, you want to watch Netflix’s US catalog, you could connect to a server in New York. If you get the Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059, you can move on to step two.
- Find another server that works with Netflix. Most well-known VPN providers, such as NordVPN, Surfshark, and CyberGhost, have thousands of servers across many different locations. Find another server in the same location or try a different location (e.g. the aforementioned VPN services have multiple server locations across the US).
- Click to connect. With most VPNs, connecting to a server is a one-click affair.
- Repeat this process whenever you get a Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059. Netflix blocks IP addresses all the time, so it’s unlikely that any server you connect to will work forever. So just switch to a new server any time you get this error message and you should be able to continue to stream geo-blocked content.
Note that some VPN service providers will mark which servers will unblock a certain streaming platform. To save time, you can also ask customer support – this is a popular question, which means support agents usually know the answer by heart.
What VPN works for Netflix in 2021?
VPNs that work for Netflix in 2021 include:
These VPNs all offer some important features that make them particularly good for using to watch Netflix in other regions. These include:
- Global server networks so you can connect to a large number of regions. This will give you more choice when you’re looking to decide which Netflix content you want to watch.
- A large number of IP addresses available to you. This means that you’re less likely to get assigned an IP address that’s been blacklisted by Netflix.
- Fast and reliable speeds to help you enjoy high quality, buffer-free streaming in HD and 4K.
- No data caps or bandwidth restrictions, so you can watch as much content as you like without reaching the data limit.
- Secure encryption, so you can watch whatever you like without any online snoops or hackers being able to see what you’re doing.
- Availability on a wide range of devices and operating systems, so that you can stream Netflix in whatever way suits you best.
- Good customer support, so you can reach out for help from your VPN provider if you have any issues.
Best VPNs to fix Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059
Luckily, switching to a VPN that can bypass Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059 can fix this issue. And we’ve compiled a list of some of our favourites to help you make the right decision for you:
NordVPN is ideal for bypassing Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059 because it has loads of IP addresses, so you’ll be very unlikely to end up with one that’s been blacklisted by Netflix.
In fact, NordVPN’s global server network has more than 5,200 servers across 59 countries worldwide. So, not only will you have a vast array of IP addresses to choose from, you’ll also be spoilt for choice when it comes to changing your Netflix region.
And NordVPN also helps you bypass errors flagged up by VPN use on other streaming services. So you can also watch Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and BBC iPlayer without any difficulties.
Besides all this, NordVPN delivers fast and reliable connections so you can stream HD content without any buffering. And NordVPN doesn’t impose any data caps or bandwidth restrictions, so you can watch as much content as you like without worrying about hitting your data limit.
And besides all that, NordVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption and DNS leak protection to keep your information completely secure. It even offers an automatic kill switch to make sure your data is never compromised, even if your VPN loses connection. And it operates a strict no logs policy, which means that NordVPN has no records of your online activity.
NordVPN offers 24/7 customer support via email and live chat. And it’s available on:
- Android TV
- Fire TV
Also, NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature will let you use the service even on devices that don’t support VPN. This includes game consoles and various smart TVs.
CyberGhost works really well at bypassing Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059, as it generates a vast number of unique IP addresses that Netflix is unlikely to block. The services has over 6,600 servers in as many as 89 countries worldwide. Which means that you can unblock region-restricted content in loads of popular destinations, including the United States, Japan, France, Germany and the UK. As a nice bonus, they mark the servers that unblock certain streaming platforms, such as Netflix US.
CyberGhost also offers extremely fast and reliable speeds, which makes it an excellent choice for streaming geo-blocked content. In fact, we’ve never really experienced any real buffering when watching region restricted content on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video when using CyberGhost, even when streaming HD and 4K HDR videos.
It also comes with a whole host of features to make it extremely user friendly, including an ad-blocker and simultaneous connections for up to seven devices. So the whole household can stream at once without it causing a problem.
And to keep your online activity safe from prying eyes, CyberGhost comes with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch. And it operates under a strict no logs policy, so not even CyberGhost will be able to see what you’re up to.
It offers 24/7 customer support via live chat and is available on:
3. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark’s 3,200 servers worldwide in 64 countries are great for unblocking Netflix. And although that isn’t quite as many as the other VPNs on our list, it still lets you access some of the world’s most popular Netflix catalogs, such as Netflix US, Netflix UK, and Netflix Canada.
And besides, Surfshark more than doubled its number of servers recently, so it’s becoming an increasingly competitive option.
As well as being able to bypass Netflix errors, Surfshark VPN also works on HBO Go, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. And it offers fast and reliable speeds that can easily handle HD content.
But our favourite feature of Surfshark VPN is that it comes with unlimited simultaneous connections. So this means that large groups can watch whatever they want on any Netflix catalog in the world at the same time. All on the one VPN.
Besides this, Surfshark VPN hides your network traffic by using 256-bit encryption and protection against leaks. It also comes with an kill switch, to make sure your data is never exposed. And it operates under a strict no-logs policy, so no one will ever be able to view what you’re doing.
Surfshark VPN offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, and is available on:
- Fire TV
You can even manually install Surfshark on supported Wi-Fi routers and Smart DNS will let you enjoy its benefits on platforms that don’t support VPN.
ExpressVPN is another excellent option for bypassing Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059. It has more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries across the globe. So it gives you plenty of choice for IP addresses, as well as for accessing foreign Netflix catalog and region-restricted streaming services, such as BBC iPlayer, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.
It offers fast and reliable speeds that can handle HD and even 4K HDR video streaming without any lagging or buffering. And there are no data caps or bandwidth restrictions, so you can binge watch as much as you like without the worry of exceeding your limit.
And it’s really secure too. ExpressVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch, and split tunneling to keep your traffic completely safe from online snoops. It also operates under a strict no logs policy, and it’s based in the British Virgin Islands where there are no data retention laws. So there’s no way anyone will be able to collect data on your online activity.
ExpressVPN offers 24/7 customer support via live chat and email and is available on:
- Fire TV
This service also has a Smart DNS feature, which they call MediaStreamer. This means, you can enjoy Netflix via your Xbox if you want!
PrivateVPN is another good choice if you’re looking for a VPN that can help you to bypass Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059. Although PrivateVPN currently only boasts around 150 servers worldwide, these are actually spread across 60 countries. This will let you watch Netflix as well as other streaming services, such as Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video.
PrivateVPN offers fast and reliable speeds and lets you watch 4K videos without any buffering. Better still, it doesn’t impose any monthly data caps or bandwidth restrictions. So you can stream as much content as you like, without having to worry about reaching a data limit.
To keep your traffic private and secure, PrivateVPN offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch.
If you have any problems, PrivateVPN offers 24/7 customer support via live chat. And it’s available on: