Best VPN for Blue Protocol to play beta
Blue Protocol is one of the most anticipated free-to-play online role-playing games. However, it’s currently only available for Beta-testing and in Japan only. So, the rest of anticipating fans must wait at least until 2024, when the game will be released worldwide, to experience the exciting gameplay.
On the other hand, for those that simply cannot wait, a robust VPN is the perfect tool to change your IP address to a Japanese one and try your hand at this action-packed RPG. In addition to bypassing geo-restrictions placed on the Blue Protocol game, a VPN will enhance your online security and prevent speed throttling.
We tested out the top-rated VPNs to find only those that bypass geo-blocks placed on Blue Protocol. The testing criteria included abilities to bypass restrictions, security and performance results, and additional features to enhance the gaming experience. So, check out our best VPNs to play Blue Protocol from anywhere.
Top 5 best VPNs for Blue Protocol
- NordVPN – best overall VPN to play Blue Protocol
- Surfshark – speedy gaming VPN to access Blue Protocol from anywhere
- Atlas VPN – budget-friendly Blue Protocol VPN with robust protection
- ExpressVPN – versatile gaming VPN to bypass Blue Protocol geo-restrictions
- CyberGhost – reliable Blue Protocol VPN with gaming-optimized servers
What to look for in the best Blue Protocol VPN?
With so many high-valued VPNs on the market, picking the best one to play Blue Protocol can be tricky. There are several important features to consider to select the best service for your gaming experience, both security and performance alike.
|Servers:||Servers in Japan, specialized servers|
|Security:||AES-256 encryption, kill switch, no-logs policy|
|Speed:||WireGuard tunneling protocol|
|Additional features:||Obfuscation, split tunneling, ad blocker, Threat Protection|
- Servers. If you wish to play Blue Protocol while it’s still in the Beta stage, you'll need a VPN with servers in Japan. You should also pick a VPN with a vast list of servers in geographically diverse countries so that you can use it for more than just one game and instead access unlimited content libraries.
- Security. Gaming online can cause certain dangers to your data, like hacks or DDoS attacks. Therefore, pick a VPN with robust security features, like AES data encryption, a kill switch to prevent real IP leaks, and a strict no-logs policy to ensure your data isn’t collected.
- Speed. All VPNs affect your connection speeds, but the ones with well-implemented WireGuard tunneling protocol will allow you to barely notice any changes. Better yet, you’ll enjoy lag-free gaming and prevent ISP speed throttling.
- Features. Pick a VPN offering additional features to improve your gaming and daily browsing experience. That includes ad blockers, malware protection tools, and obfuscation to mask your VPN tunnel. More so, features like split tunneling can gal customize what sites and apps require a VPN connection.
- Price. You should pick a VPN that fits into your budget. Just because one service is expensive doesn’t make it the best. So weigh the price-to-value ratio to conclude which service is worth your investment.
The best VPNs for Blue Protocol in 2023 – our detailed list:
We tested the top 10 VPN providers to narrow them down to only the best ones to bypass Blue Protocol geo-restrictions. The criteria for testing involved capabilities to bypass geo-restrictions, Japanese servers, security, speed performance, and additional features to enhance the gaming experience.
1. NordVPN – best overall VPN to play Blue Protocol
|Servers in Japan:||130+|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
NordVPN is the best VPN to play Blue Protocol from anywhere in the world. This VPN has over 130 servers available in Japan, out of the 5,800+ servers in 60 countries in total. In addition, with excellent privacy tools, you’ll easily bypass the geo-restrictions to enjoy Beta testing the Blue Protocol game.
Security and privacy. NordVPN offers AES-256 encryption to hide your real data, a kill switch to prevent IP leaks, and various leak protection. More so, this VPN operates on RAM-only servers and has an independently audited no-logs policy, ensuring that your information stays anonymous while unblocking Blue Protocol.
Speed. This is truly one of the speediest VPNs for gaming on the market. We tested the proprietary NordLynx protocol, which retained 90% of the original speed. So, you’ll get to enjoy a lag-free Blue Protocol gaming experience.
Features. In addition to the security features, NordVPN also offers split tunneling, so you can customize to always require a VPN tunnel to access Blue Protocol. There’s also an obfuscation feature to mask your VPN tunnel and a Threat Protection feature to secure you from malware threats and block adware.
Compatibility. With a single subscription, you can cover up to 6 devices simultaneously. More so, this VPN works with all popular OS – Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS – and can be set up on various routers. So with the game development progressing, you’ll be able to play it on any device you own.
Get NordVPN for as low as $3.19/month. You can test this provider with a 7-day free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more in our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – speedy gaming VPN to access Blue Protocol from anywhere
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers in Japan:||62+|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Surfshark VPN offers a vast list of 3,200+ servers in 100 countries, out of which 62 servers are in Japan, so you can easily find the best server to play Blue Protocol while it’s availability is limited.
Security and privacy. Surfshark encrypts your data with next-gen AES encryption. It also uses RAM-only servers, has a customizable kill switch to prevent data exposure that we tested, has leak protection, and been independently audited to be completely safe for your personal data security.
Speed. With an excellent WireGuard implementation, Surfshark provides excellent Blue Protocol gaming speeds – during our in-house testing, this VPN has retained 86% of its initial speed.
Features. Surfshark offers a NoBorders feature that helps bypass heavy regional restrictions, which is perfect for unblocking Blue Protocol. Additionally, there’s a split tunneling feature, an ad blocker, GPS spoofing to change your device location, and even a Surfshark antivirus.
Compatibility. This VPN works with various devices, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and popular routers. So, you can choose the best platform to play Blue Protocol.
You can purchase this budget-friendly VPN for as low as $2.30/month and enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections. You can also test this provider with a 7-day free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Atlas VPN – budget-friendly Blue Protocol VPN with robust protection
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers in Japan:||Undisclosed number of servers|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get Atlas VPN, now 85% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
One of the cheapest VPNs on the market, Atlas VPN will easily help you obtain a Japan IP address to play Blue Protocol from anywhere in the world. With a list of 1,000+ servers in 42 countries and reliable performance results, this is one of the best gaming VPNs you can pick.
Security and privacy. This VPN packs a punch with AES-256 encryption, a robust kill switch, and secure tunneling protocols. More so, it has a strict no-logs policy, so you don’t need to worry that your data is collected for some ulterior motives.
Speed. Atlas VPN has stable connection speed results. With the market-standard WireGuard tunneling protocol, this VPN can ensure a seamless Blue Protocol gaming experience – during our tests, it retained 80% of the original connection speeds.
Features. This VPN has an ad blocker to protect online gaming from clicking on a malicious ad. More so, there’s a reliable split tunneling feature, that has never failed our tests, to ensure that you’d always have to be connected to a VPN to access Blue Protocol.
Compatibility. Atlas VPN is compatible with various OS, so whether you’re a Windows or a macOS user, you’ll be able to play Blue Protocol easily. Better yet, one subscription allows for unlimited simultaneous connections.
You can get Atlas VPN's limited version for free, but there won’t be any Japanese servers. The premium subscription has no limitations, includes servers in Japan, costs only $1.82/month, and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more in our Atlas VPN review.
4. ExpressVPN – versatile gaming VPN to bypass Blue Protocol geo-restrictions
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers in Japan:||servers in Tokyo and Yokohama|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get ExpressVPN, now 49% OFF the 1-year plan! 🔥|
ExpressVPN is another secure VPN to bypass geo-restriction and play Blue Protocol before the global release. With a vast server fleet in 94 countries, which includes speedy and secure servers in Tokyo and Yokohama, you’ll be able to get a Japanese IP and enjoy the Beta-testing of the game.
Security and privacy. All security bases are covered with AES-256 encryption, RAM-only servers, a functional kill switch to prevent IP leaks, and an independently audited no-logs policy.
Speed. ExpressVPN uses its own proprietary tunneling protocol called Lightway. And it’s truly a speedy protocol for playing Blue Protocol. During our tests, we retained 77% of the original speed. So, you can be certain of a lag-free gaming experience.
Features. In tandem with security features, you also get a Threat Manager to block adware and trackers, obfuscated servers to mask your VPN tunnel, split tunneling, and MediaStreamer, which worked great for us.
Compatibility. ExpressVPN works with various devices – from all the populous OS to routers and streaming devices. Additionally, you can connect up to 8 devices simultaneously with a single subscription.
ExpressVPN is costly, especially compared to other top-rated VPNs on our list, like NordVPN or Surfshark. The best deal comes with the longest 2-year subscription, and then this VPN costs $6.67/month.
5. CyberGhost – reliable Blue Protocol VPN with gaming-optimized servers
|Servers in Japan:||109+|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get CyberGhost VPN, now 83% OFF + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Another excellent option for accessing the Beta version of Blue Protocol is CyberGhost. This VPN has a vast list of 9,400+ servers in 91 countries; out of those, there are 109 servers in Tokyo, so getting a Japanese IP will be very easy.
Security and privacy. CyberGhost offers a comprehensive security package with AES-256 encryption, an independently audited no-logs policy, an automatic kill switch, and secure tunneling protocols.
Speed. This VPN has implemented the WireGuard tunneling protocol really well. We tested its capabilities with gaming, and it retained 86% of the original speed. So playing Blue Protocol lag-free will be a breeze.
Features. CyberGhost enhances the user experience with features like specialized servers for gaming, torrenting, and streaming to optimize connection speeds. More so, there’s an ad blocker, a dedicated IP, Smart rules to customize the user experience, and NoSpy servers.
Compatibility. You can set this VPN on various devices, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS systems, routers, and streaming sticks. So, not only can you game on any device you have, but you can use this VPN for streaming as well.
You can purchase CyberGhost for as low as $2.19/month, get 7simultaneous connections and an extra-long 45-day money-back guarantee.
For more information, check out our CyberGhost review.
How we picked and tested the best Blue Protocol VPNs
Not all high-rated VPNs are good for gaming, or can even access Blue Protocol. That’s why we performed detailed tests to narrow the list of providers down to only the 5 best ones that can help you access Blue Protocol from anywhere in the world.
Here are our criteria for testing:
- Servers in Japan. Since the Blue Protocol game Beta version is only available in Japan, we only selected those VPN providers that offer server options in that country. Additionally, we tested each provider by trying to play the game while connected to the Japanese server.
- Robust security features. To prevent data leaks, hacks, or bans from the game, we tested each provider's security features. We only selected those VPNs with the next-gen AES-256 encryption, secure tunneling protocols, and a strict no-logs policy. We also tested each provider's kill switch capabilities to ensure that they would prevent accidental data leaks.
- Speedy connections. High speeds and low ping are a must for an enjoyable gaming experience. So, we tested the providers on our list with their best-performing protocol to note their speed drops and whether they would be a good gaming VPN option for Blue Protocol.
- Good price-to-value ratio. High prices don’t instantly equate to the best service. Therefore, we considered the price point of each provider and the features the VPN offers only to pick the best deals for you.
Best Blue Protocol VPNs compared
|Servers/countries||5,800+ servers in 60 countries||3,200+ servers in 100 countries||1,000+ servers in 42 countries||3,000+ servers in 94 countries||9,400+ servers in 91 countries|
|Servers in Japan||Yes, 130+ servers||Yes, 62+ servers||Yes, undisclosed number of servers||Yes, servers in Tokyo and Yokohama||Yes, 109+ servers|
|No-logs||No-logs, independently audited||No-logs, independently audited||No-logs, not audited||No-logs, independently audited||No-logs, independently audited|
|Price||From $3.19/month||From $2.30/month||From $1.82/month||From $6.67/month||From $2.19/month|
|Review||NordVPN review||Surfshark review||Atlas VPN review||ExpressVPN review||CyberGhost review|
Why do you need a VPN for Blue Protocol?
You should consider using a VPN for Blue Protocol for several important reasons – from accessibility to security. Here are the most important ones:
- Bypass restrictions. The Blue Protocol game is currently in Beta and available in Japan only. If you don’t want to wait until the game is publicly released in 2024, you can play-test it by connecting to a Japan server and bypassing the regional restrictions.
- Secure your information. Hacks, DDoS attacks, and other threats are all connected with online gaming, including playing Blue Protocol. A VPN provides a comprehensive security package that prevents these online threats, hides your real IP address, and some premium providers even offer ad blockers or anti-malware tools to enhance your security.
- Prevent data leaks. With Blue Protocol currently being available in Japan only, a robust VPN with a strong kill switch can prevent accidental data leaks, revealing your real location and preventing you from accessing the game again.
- Prevent speed throttling. Gaming requires a lot of bandwidth which can leak to ISP speed throttling. To avoid latency, a VPN encrypts your data and makes your activity online appear completely regular.
Can Blue Protocol detect VPN?
Blue Protocol most likely can detect VPN use. Their Terms of Service state that using VPNs to play the game is prohibited, the same as playing the game outside of Japan.
Therefore, it’s very likely that Blue Protocol has some type of software to detect VPN use. In order to work around this issue, you can pick a VPN that can bypass strict restrictions and offers an obfuscation feature to mask your VPN connection, like our top-rated NordVPN.
Using a VPN on Blue Protocol: detailed guide
To access the Blue Protocol Beta version outside of Japan, you need a reliable VPN with Japanese servers. Luckily, we have prepared a detailed guide on bypassing the regional restrictions and enjoying this online action PRG game.
Here are the steps for you to follow:
- Purchase a reliable VPN and download the app. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Connect to the server in Japan
- Go to the official Blue Protocol website and fill out the registration form
- Important to select the Asia region when registering. You can use a browser extension/add-on to translate the form to English
- Confirm your email address to activate the account
- Follow further steps to download the launcher software
- In the installation window, uncheck the last box for auto-launch on startup and click the big orange button. Follow further instructions
- In the launcher, you will see the Blue Protocol game in the upper left corner. Click on it
- On the new pop-up window, click the big orange button to download and install the game
- Now you are ready to launch the game and play on Japanese servers
My Blue Protocol VPN is not working – what to do?
There are a couple of reasons why your VPN is not working with Blue Protocol. We prepared a quick guide on what to check:
- Your real IP address is visible
- The server you’ve picked has been banned
- You’re using outdated software
- Your VPN isn’t capable of bypassing geo-restrictions
Luckily, there are several ways to fix these issues:
- Clear cookies and cache
- Enable kill switch and leak protection
- Pick another server in Japan
- Update your VPN software or enable automatic updates
- Pick a better premium provider
Can I play Blue Protocol with a free VPN?
We don’t recommend using a free VPN to play Blue Protocol. The free providers usually come with limited server options and data caps, which is exactly the opposite of what you want. More so, with fewer servers, you might not be able to connect to the Japan server location, and, in turn, the game won’t be available for you.
Instead of a free VPN, we recommend picking a premium provider with a free trial or money-back guarantee, so you can test the service before committing to a long-term subscription. Premium VPNs have large server lists, reliable security, and performance results and are optimized for better gaming performance.
Here are our top-rated VPNs with money-back guarantees and free trials:
- NordVPN – has a 7-day free trial for mobile devices and a 30-day money-back guarantee. After that, the subscription costs $3.19/month.
- Surfshark – offers a 7-day free trial for mobile, and also has a 30-day money-back guarantee. After the trial, the VPN costs only $2.30/month.
Check out our video explaining how you can easily access and play Blue Protocol without waiting until 2024:
With Blue Protocol being restricted to Japan only, a lot of players are missing out on this exciting online RPG. With the game still in Beta testing, there’s still a long while before it will be available worldwide, with the planned public release day falling sometime in 2024. However, a secure VPN is a perfect solution to bypassing geo-restrictions and enjoying the Blue Protocol game right now from anywhere.
We tested and deemed NordVPN the best VPN to access Blue Protocol Beta from anywhere in the world. This VPN has over 130 servers in Japan, is known to be able to bypass regional restrictions, and comes with excellent security features and performance results. You can try this VPN with a free trial on mobile devices or use the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews
Is Blue Protocol region locked?
Yes, Blue Protocol is currently region locked to Japan only. This game is in a Beta version and will be released worldwide in 2024. So, if you wish to play Blue Protocol right now, you’ll need a VPN, like NordVPN, to connect to a server in Japan to access the game.
In what country is Blue Protocol available?
Currently, Blue Protocol is only available in Japan. A worldwide launch is planned for 2024.
Is Blue Protocol playable now?
Yes, Blue Protocol is playable right now. The game is in the Beta version right now and is accessible in Japan only. To play this game from anywhere else, you’ll need a reliable VPN, like NordVPN, to connect to Japan servers or wait for the game to be available worldwide in 2024.
Can you play Blue Protocol in the US?
Currently, Blue Protocol is not available in the US. However, with a top-rated VPN, we recommend NordVPN; you can connect to a Japan server and access the Beta version of Blue Protocol that is available.
Is it legal to use a VPN for Blue Protocol?
Using a VPN with Blue Protocol is against the game company’s Terms of Service, but it’s not illegal. However, keep in mind that your account may be blocked if you're not from Japan.