Best VPNs for Cash App in 2023
Cash App is one of the most popular financial platforms that allows its users to transfer money, create a debit card, or invest in stocks or bitcoin. And all it’s done through a single mobile application. Unfortunately, Cash App could be more secure while handling users’ data and only works in the UK and the US.
With a VPN you can protect your privacy and secure your connection while using Cash App. Additionally, a VPN can help you work around the location blocks and help you access your account no matter where you are, for example vacationing in Nigeria.
However, with so many providers on the market, it’s difficult to pick the best VPN for Cash App. So we’ve tested five VPNs and here we present our findings on which of them is the best.
Top 5 best Cash App VPNs
- NordVPN – overall best Cash App VPN
- Surfshark – affordable VPN with unlimited connections
- IPVanish – reliable and secure VPN for Cash App
- Atlas VPN – freemium Cash App VPN
- PureVPN – security ensuring VPN
What features should you look for in the Cash App VPN?
It can be tricky to decide what exactly you should look for in the best VPNs for Cash App. So we’ve prepared a list of the most important features you need:
- Security. Phishing is considered the number one threat to your Cash App account, it threatens not only your funds in the app but also your linked bank accounts. So, you really need to seek out additional protection and a VPN with strong encryption and extra security features is the way to go. Like a reliable kill switch, secure protocols like WireGuard, and a no-logs policy.
- Features. You should consider what features are the most useful for Cash App. Split tunneling is a great way to pick which apps require to go through a VPN tunnel and which don’t, to prevent accidental leaks of your actual IP address. The obfuscation feature successfully masks your VPN usage from Cash App. Also, threat protection features will prevent malicious websites or ads from targeting you financial data.
- Servers. Because Cash App is only available in the UK and the US, it’s best to prioritize the providers with the most servers in those locations. So you have plenty of connection choices. Additional perks would be the providers with specialized servers since you’re probably getting a VPN for more than just Cas App use.
The best VPNs for Cash App – our detailed list
While there are dozens of VPNs on the market to choose from, we’ve picked the top 5 providers that meet our requirements. The criteria for the list of best VPNs for Cash App included meeting the best security requirements, enough server locations in the UK and the US, good speed performance, budget-friendly price, and more.
So here’s the list of the best VPNs for Cash App in 2023.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for Cash App
|Servers:||5,900+ servers in 60 countries|
|No-logs policy:||audited no-logs|
|Current deal:||🔥Holiday Deal! Get NordVPN with 69% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
NordVPN is the best VPN for Cash App. Not only does it have the most servers in the UK and the US – more than 2400, but also it has the highest level of protection and impressive connection speeds.
Security and privacy: This VPN provider offers you the highest level of security with its top-tier AES-256 encryption. Additionally, NordVPN has an independently audited no-logs policy, so your data is not collected and stored. And the reliable kill switch will prevent the leaks of your real IP, so Cash App won’t have a reason to ban your account.
Servers: NordVPN has a large fleet of servers overall, and out of those, many are in the UK and the US location. Therefore you’ll never experience any lags due to overcrowded servers.
Performance: Thanks to the NordLynx tunneling protocol, which is the variation of the industry standard WireGuard, you will experience blazing fast speeds without sabotaging your security.
Additional features: NordVPN offers the obfuscation feature that hides that you’re using a VPN, which is extremely useful for using Cash App. Double VPN puts your connection through two VPN connections. Also, the split tunneling feature will allow you to select that Cash App can only run through a VPN connection. And the protection against threats will prevent malicious websites or ads from targeting your financial data.
You can get NordVPN starting at $2.99/month and get 6 simultaneous connections. Additionally, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our full NordVPN review for more information.
2. Surfshark – affordable VPN with unlimited connections
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|No-logs policy:||audited no-logs|
|Current deal:||🔥Holiday deal! Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 4 months FREE🔥|
Surfshark is a really great option for Cash App VPN. Not only does it provide great data security, but the addition of a GPS spoofing feature will further secure your anonymity.
Security and privacy: Surfshark offers the industry standard AES-256 encryption, so your data is secured and your identity is protected. An independently audited no-logs policy ensures your data isn’t stored or collected for future use. Additionally, the reliable kill switch will prevent accidental IP leaks that can lead to your Cash App account termination.
Servers: Surfshark offers almost 1000 designated servers only in the UK and the US, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. And it will prevent lags and provide seamless use.
Performance: Surfshark offers many different tunneling protocols for you to choose from. One of them is the industry’s best WireGuard. Not only will you enjoy great speeds with no noticeable connection speed drops, but also won’t sabotage your security.
Additional features: The split tunneling feature included with Surfshark VPN will allow you to choose which apps need to go through a VPN connection, for example, Cash App, and which ones don’t need to go through it. Additionally, Surfshark has this great GPS spoofing tool that can hide your actual location and an obfuscation feature will disguise your VPN use, so no one can see it.
The price for Surfshark starts at $1.99/month with unlimited simultaneous connections. You can try out this provider with no risks with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Learn more by reading our Surfshark review.
3. IPVanish – reliable and secure VPN option for Cash App
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers:||2,200+ servers in 52 countries|
|No-logs policy:||audited no-logs policy|
|Current deal:||🔥Holiday deal! Get 81% OFF IPVanish + 3 months free!🔥|
IPVanish provides great speeds, reliable security features, and keeps your data anonymous and hidden. It’s great for Cash App especially thanks to the large UK and US location server fleets that you’ll be able to choose from.
Security and privacy: As any other top VPN provider, IPVanish ensures your data protection with AES-256 encryption. Also, for further security affirmation, there’s an independently audited no-logs policy and a reliable kill switch, so in case your connection drops your real IP address won’t leak.
Servers: For your convenience, there are around 1000 servers to choose from in the UK and the US locations. So you won’t have to encounter overcrowded servers or lags.
Performance: While IPVanish may not be able to outrank the first two providers in this list when it comes to performance, this VPN still offers some impressive connection speeds with WireGuard. So while streaming in HD quality may not be as pleasing of an experience, there won’t be issues while using Cash App.
Additional features: The split tunneling feature allows you to decide which applications need to go through the VPN tunnel, like Cash App for additional security. Also, IPVanish has an obfuscation feature that will mask that you’re using a VPN. On demand tool allows you to auto-connect to the VPN on predetermined cases, like certain apps or sites. Also, there’s an encrypted storage feature called SugarSync where you can store up to 500GB of files.
IPVanish price starts at $2.49/month and allows for unlimited simultaneous connections. Also, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee for its long-term plans.
To dig deeper, read the full IPVanish review.
4. Altas VPN – great VPN with a freemium option
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers:||1,000+ servers in 42 countries|
|No-logs policy:||audited no-logs|
|Current deal:||🔥Holiday deal! Get Atlas VPN, now 86% OFF + 6 months FREE!🔥|
Not many VPN providers can boast of having both a premium subscription and a good and reliable freemium option, but Atlas VPN can. It’s a great provider for securing your data and enjoying the fastest speeds for a mobile-focused VPN service.
Security and privacy: Atlas VPN ensures your data security with the market standard AES-256 encryption. Additionally, they have a reliable kill switch that will prevent your real IP address from leaking and therefore your Cash App account from being locked for breaking the ToS rules.
Servers: This provider doesn’t offer too many servers overall, and even fewer in the US and the UK locations. Therefore, there can be an issue with lags and overcrowded servers or connection issues. If you choose to use their freemium option, you’ll get even fewer servers to choose from, only Netherlands – Amsterdam, USA – Los Angeles, and USA – New York.
Performance: Atlas VPN doesn’t offer the greatest performance results and there are very few tunneling protocols to pick between. However, you can select the WireGuard protocol. With the freemium version you’ll get a data limit of 5GB, so downloading large files will be a challenging experience.
Additional features: With this VPN provider you’ll also get a split tunneling feature that will allow you to choose which connections or apps must go through a VPN. The SafeBrowser feature will protect you from malicious sites and ads, except this feature is included only with the premium subscription. And a data breach checker will inform you if your personal data has been compromised.
You can get Atlas VPN starting from $1.64/month for unlimited simultaneous connections. Additionally, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For any additional information head over to our Atlas VPN review.
5. PureVPN – VPN with great security measures
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers:||6,500+ servers in 65 countries|
|No-logs policy:||audited no-logs|
|Current deal:||🔥Get PureVPN, now 83% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
PureVPN offers blazing-fast speeds and great security features, which is why it’s a reliable option for Cash App VPN. And the impressively large server fleet in the UK and the US locations will provide a smooth user experience.
Security and privacy: PureVPN implements the industry standard AES-256 encryption, so your data is hidden. Additionally, they have an independently audited no-logs policy that ensures that your data isn’t collected or sold, and a reliable kill switch.
Servers: With a large server fleet overall, from which some are virtual and some are physical servers, there’s no surprise that PureVPN offers an impressive 2400 servers just in the UK and the US. So there’ll be plenty of locations for you to choose from.
Performance: PureVPN doesn’t offer the greatest performance results. There are multiple different tunneling protocols to choose from and the WireGuard is the fastest of them. However, downloading large-size files will still take longer than with other providers on this list. Additionally, connections on virtual servers will cause additional lags and speed drops.
Additional features: PureVPN offers the split tunneling feature, however, this feature is available only for Android devices. The obfuscation feature masks your connection to a VPN. Also, for an extra cost, you can get the port forwarding, which is useful for accessing your devices remotely, setting up gaming servers, or hosting small websites.
The price for PureVPN starts at $2.08/month for British Virgin Islands unlimited simultaneous connections. And there’s also a 31-day money-back guarantee.
For more information, head over to our PureVPN review.
How we selected and tested these Cash App VPNs
To provide you with the best VPN options for Cash App, we made sure that they meet these important criteria points:
- Servers and locations. To have the safest experience using Cash App, you should choose a VPN provider with a large server fleet in the UK and the US. So in case one of the servers gets banned, there are plenty of others that you can choose from. We’ve tested all of the providers in this article and deemed them as having enough options for a secure user experience.
- Security and privacy. Your data security is important not only while using Cash App, but whenever you’re browsing online. So, a reliable VPN with strong encryption and strong security measures, like a kill switch, specialty servers, or threat protection features. We’ve tested all of the providers and encountered no issues or accidental real IP address leaks.
- Speed. While the fastest protocols might not be the top requirement for Cash App use, you’re probably getting a VPN for more varied use, like streaming in HD quality, or torrenting. And the industry standard WireGuard protocol ensures that you don’t experience noticeable drops in speed while using a VPN and it doesn’t sabotage your security levels.
- No-logs policy. If you intend to stay anonymous online, then it’s important that your data isn’t collected and stored for any future use. The premium providers with independently audited no-logs policies are the most trustworthy since that ensures that you have not only security but also the privacy you seek.
- Additional features. With a VPN provider that has more features to offer you can also mask your use of a VPN, block malicious sites and ads, protect your devices from viruses, and more. This not only provides better security, for Cash App use as well but also unblocks global content for your enjoyment.
- Price. Just because a VPN provider is expensive doesn’t mean that it is the best on the market. So we’ve built our list by making sure that the security and additional features come for the best possible price.
Why do I need a VPN for Cash App?
There are a couple of reasons why you should use a VPN for Cash App. One of the reasons is the location restrictions – Cash App is only available for users in the UK and the US. A VPN can help you bypass these geographical restrictions, so you can use this app no matter where in the world you are, you’d just need to connect to a server in one of the two countries' locations.
Another very important reason is additional security and privacy measures. A VPN encrypts your data, so it cannot be hacked or leaked, which is a rather important point, especially when you are using a financial platform like Cash App. The security features that a reliable VPN can provide you with, like a kill switch, would prevent sensitive data leaks in case of a connection drop.
How do I access Cash App outside the US?
If you wish to access Cash App from outside the US or the UK, you will need to use a reliable VPN. Our top suggestion is NordVPN, since it has the most server locations in the countries that Cash App works with, and it does provide the best speed and protection.
Creating a new account with Cash App while outside of the US or the UK is risky, actually, the app’s ToS even goes against it. When you create your account, you confirm that you’re in the country in which Cash App operates. If you choose to create an account outside of the UK and the US, be careful and know that there is a risk that your true location will be found and your account will be frozen with all the money in it.
Once you’ve connected to NordVPN, you will need to create a new Google Play or App Store library in either the UK or the US location (you can learn how to do that in our article about changing your country in the Google Play store). Then you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Open NordVPN and select a server in either the UK or the US.
- Download and open Cash App.
- Confirm your country that you've chosen to use (make sure it matches the country to which servers you've connected with NordVPN).
- Create your cashtag.
- Enter your email address instead of a phone number if you don't have a UK or US number.
- Enter your zip code. If you're outside the UK or the US, then you can choose a random zip code on Google Maps in the location you've picked.
- Add your full name and surname.
- Now that you've set up your account, you can start using Cash App.
Can Cash App detect that I'm using a VPN?
Cash App can detect that you’re using a VPN. This app uses a few ways to identify the user’s geolocation, like the IP address, network provider’s approximate location, and even the device’s language.
A way to hide your VPN usage is picking a provider that has the obfuscation feature. This will hide that you’re using a VPN and only show as if you’re connecting simply through your network provider. One of the best VPNs with an obfuscator is NordVPN. Additionally, NordVPN has split-tunneling so you can select that your connection whenever using Cash App would always have to go through a VPN, therefore avoiding accidental leaks of your real IP address.
Can't login to Cash App with a VPN: here's how to fix it
If you find that you can't login to Cash App with your VPN, here are a few ways you may be able to fix this issue:
- Make sure you're using a reliable VPN provider. We suggest investing in a premium NordVPN for Cash App.
- You might be encountering issues due to crowded servers, so try changing between servers in the same country.
- The last possible option is to clean out the app's cache and storage, and then try logging in again.
Can I use free VPN with Cash App?
It is possible to use a free VPN for your Cash App but we strongly discourage it. However, here are some options that you may consider: Windscribe or Proton VPN. These providers are either free or have a free version of their VPN app. But you should not expect the same quality from a free VPN provider compared to the premium offers.
First, you’ll have a very little server fleet, so you’ll be experiencing overcrowded servers and constant lags. Additionally, free VPN providers don’t have the incentive to develop or better the experiences while using their servers, so you never experience better connections. Additionally, since Cash App is only available in the UK and the US, this will provide further issues and overcrowded servers.
Also, free VPNs don’t provide the needed security that a premium paid subscription can. You may experience your real IP address leaks, which will lead to you being banned from Cash App. Also, the free VPN providers can be collecting and selling your data to third parties, since they don’t make any profit from your subscription.
Therefore, we highly suggest investing in a secure and reliable premium VPN subscription, like NordVPN. So you get to choose from a large server list in the UK and US and truly secure your data while using Cash App.
Securing your personal information, especially while dealing with financial transactions, is a necessity. That’s where a VPN is a real lifesaver – a trustworthy provider will encrypt your data and secure your internet connection so there are no chances of data leaks or hacks.
Additionally, with Cash App’s geo-restrictions, a VPN with a large server fleet, especially in the UK and the US regions, will allow for seamless connections no matter where you are.
Our top pick as the best VPN for Cash App is NordVPN. This provider offers the best security and speeds, has a large fleet of servers in the UK and the US, and additional security features, like obfuscation or split tunneling, are great for Cash App users.
Which VPN is good for Cash App?
The best VPN for Cash App is . It is the most secure VPN, with blazing fast speeds, and has over 2400 servers in the UK and the US for you to choose from. So you won't experience any lags while connected and using your Cash App.
Does Cash App use your IP address?
Yes, Cash App uses your IP address and other features to determine your geolocation. Additionally, it checks your device’s language and the location of your network’s provider. So it is smart to consider these things when setting up your Cash App account.
How to verify Cash App with a VPN?
A VPN will not be able to help you to verify your Cash App account. When you create your account with Cash App there is no verification needed. But once you exceed a certain money limit in 7-day time, you will be requested to verify your account.
To verify your account, Cash App will request information that VPN wouldn’t be able to fake, like date of birth, Social security number for US customers, a selfie with your passport, or driver’s license. Additionally, account verification is required if you wish to receive a Cash Card, for this you’ll need to provide a mailing address, or if you wish to start investing in stocks or bitcoin.
How can I get Cash App in Nigeria?
To get the Cash App application in Nigeria you’ll need to follow these steps: create a new Google account, then connect to a VPN, we suggest NordVPN, download the Cash App application, and then follow our and register using a random address in the US or the UK.