Best Las Vegas VPN services in 2023
The old adage 'what happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas' is no longer correct, as Nevada was deemed the most cybercrime-infested state in 2022. Identity theft is the most common cybercrime type, as hackers target unprotected tourist devices and gamblers fully focused elsewhere. Moreover, some of the most famous fantasy sports companies, including DraftKings and FanDuel, are banned in Nevada, restricting access to the desired content. Yet, a VPN can help you protect your data and bypass online restrictions.
A robust Las Vegas VPN will not only protect your devices on public Wi-Fi networks and neutralize spyware, but it also grants tourists and locals the ability to access streaming or other type of content that isn't natively available in Las Vegas.
Below is our list of the best 5 Las Vegas VPNs to protect your online identity in the world's gambling capital. They ensure unbreakable protection, fast connection speeds, strong unblocking capabilities, and a great price-to-quality ratio.
Top 5 best VPNs for Las Vegas
- NordVPN – best overall VPN for Las Vegas
- Surfshark – speedy Las Vegas VPN with advanced features
- Atlas VPN – Las Vegas VPN with free US servers
- ExpressVPN – robust and time-tested cybersecurity tool
- CyberGhost – VPN with the most servers
What makes best Las Vegas VPN?
Because Nevada's cybercriminals are the most active, the best VPN must have extraordinary cybersecurity features. Furthermore, Internet connection speed is no less important for streaming services and having a pleasant travel experience. Here's what to look for when picking the correct option:
- Advanced encryption. The globally approved AES-256 encryption standard is mandatory to remain safe on public Wi-Fi or hotel networks.
- No-logs policy. What you're doing in Las Vegas is nobody's business, and your VPN shouldn't log any browsing activities on their servers. Ensure the provider follows a strict and independently audited no-logs policy.
- Up-to-date tunneling protocol. The VPN apps were significantly improved speed and security-wise with the WireGuard protocol update. Noteworthy Las Vegas VPNs should either use WireGuard or their own improved version, like NordVPN's NordLynx.
- Connection speed. Sacrificing speed for security is not an option as most tourists would rather turn off VPN than suffer massive lags. Make sure your VPN leaves little to no impact on your actual connection speed using our speed test tool.
- Server fleet. A diverse server fleet is crucial if you want to have full online freedom when staying in Las Vegas. A geographically diverse server fleet will help you enjoy streaming content and websites that aren't available in Las Vegas.
- Cross-device compatibility. Nowadays, people connect to the Internet from various devices, and your chosen VPN should have an efficient mobile app as well as allow multiple simultaneous connections.
5 Best VPNs for Las Vegas – our detailed list:
We have scrutinized dozens of VPNs to identify 5 that provide the best security-speed mix for Las Vegas. We checked their speed, logging policy, security performance, streaming capabilities, and more.
1. NordVPN – our top choice for Las Vegas VPN
|Servers/countries:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥 |
NordVPN is the best Las Vegas VPN with an outstanding price-value ratio. It outshines the competition by providing fast connection speed without sacrificing security, much obliged to its proprietary NordLynx protocol. With 5,800+ servers in 60 countries, top-notch additional features, loads of unblocked geo-restricted content, and affordable prices, there's little that NordVPN lacks.
Security. NordVPN uses the proprietary NordLynx protocol, an upgraded version of the widely acclaimed WireGuard protocol, which doesn’t violate your protection while ensuring great performance. Meanwhile, AES-256 encryption and an independently audited no-logs policy ensure you are fully protected from snoopers.
Speed. We ran our tests on different server locations and times of day to verify how well they perform under different loads. NordVPN shows exceptional results and a minimal speed drop on further servers, retaining around 84% of your actual connection speed.
Additional features. Apart from crucial security features, NordVPN includes the kill switch that protects your IP at all times, obfuscated servers to mask your VPN connection, SmartDNS to stream on all devices, and even more features.
If you need an all-around Las Vegas VPN, look no further. NordVPN is the best you can get today. And its prices start from as low as $3.19/month with the addition of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To learn more, visit our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – advanced and affordable VPN for Las Vegas
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥|
Surfshark is an excellent Las Vegas VPN choice for those who travel with friends or family. The service allows account sharing between unlimited devices. Additionally, you get to use top-notch security features and unblock all popular streaming services, including Netflix libraries.
Security. Surfshark runs on WireGuard protocol and uses the AES-256-GCM encryption algorithm, currently the strongest available. Besides great security and speed combo, you receive complete privacy, thanks to the audited no-logs policy.
Speed. This provider has 3,200+ speedy servers in 100 countries that ensure uncrowded and speedy servers at all times. During our tests, Surfshark retained over 80% of our actual connection speed, which is just great for uninterrupted browsing.
Additional features. Surfshark bravely stepped into the antivirus market, and you can get its lightweight antivirus with Surfshark One security bundle. Its VPN suite also offers a functional kill switch feature, obfuscated servers, and a SmartDNS that allows you to unblock content on non-VPN devices.
Surfshark is one of the cheapest VPNs on the market, available for as low as $2.30/month. And a 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to test its next-gen features risk-free.
Our full Surfshark review reveals all the details.
3. Atlas VPN – fast Last Vegas VPN with efficient free version
|Servers/countries:||1,000+ servers in 42 countries|
|US servers:||In 7 US cities|
|Streaming sites: ||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|Current deal: ||Get Atlas VPN, now 85% OFF + 3 months FREE!|
Atlas VPN provides a sufficient free version to take a Las Vegas VPN out for a ride before fully committing. It also has free servers in New York and Los Angeles. Apart from the free version, Atlas VPN is a user-friendly, simple, yet robust VPN provider that's also a great fit for accessing streaming services and websites that aren't available in Nevada.
Security. Atlas VPN offers WireGuard and IPSec/IKEv2 protocols. It uses the industry standard AES-256 encryption. Additionally, Atlas VPN follows a strict no-logs policy, ensuring you are the owner of your privacy.
Speed. Even though seemingly a simpler VPN suite, Atlas VPN delivers lightning-fast connection speed, maintaining over 90% of your actual network speed.
Additional features. Atlas VPN will block malicious websites with its SafeBrowse feature, and if you turn on SafeSwap, it will rotate your IP address for an extra layer of online privacy. You also get a kill switch, split tunneling, and obfuscation.
While the free Atlas VPN version is great, it’s quite limited too. Therefore, we suggest you try the premium plan for as low as $1.82/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here's our Atlas VPN review for more details.
4. ExpressVPN – streaming VPN with proprietary Lightway protocol
|Servers/countries:||3,000+ servers in 94 countries|
|Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get ExpressVPN, now 49% OFF the 1-year plan!🔥|
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular candidates for the best Las Vegas VPN list because it is renowned for its strong cybersecurity features. Additionally, the provider flawlessly unblocks gambling, streaming, and other restricted content.
Security. Depending on the tunneling protocol you use (Lightway or others), you are protected using AES-256 encryption or ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher. Your privacy is fully respected based on a no-logs policy that’s also been independently audited.
Speed. The connection to the server is nearly instantaneous using the Lightway protocol. The download/upload speed is excellent, maintaining around 80% of your real connection speed, although slightly behind the industry's fastest VPNs.
Additional features. This provider offers a Threat Manager to neutralize trackers and websites participating in shady activities. It operates a Private DNS and offers the MediaStreamer feature to enjoy streaming on all your home devices, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and more.
While one of the most loved VPNs, ExpressVPN is also quite pricey. Its starting price is $6.67/month. However, a 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to test the service first.
Check our ExpressVPN review to find out more about the features.
5. CyberGhost – VPN with the largest server fleet
|Servers/countries:||9,600+ servers in 91 countries|
|US servers:||In more than a dozen cities |
|Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+|
|Current deal:||🔥Get CyberGhost VPN, now 83% OFF + 2 months FREE🔥|
CyberGhost is a Las Vegas VPN that has a massive server fleet, making it perfect for streaming and accessing geo-blocked content. It’s a great option for beginners and advanced users who need a VPN for security and also leisure while staying in Vegas.
Security. CyberGhost offers a WireGuard protocol that combines security with great performance. It uses AES-256 encryption sufficient for safe and private browsing as well as a strict and audited no-logs policy.
Speed. CyberGhost's WireGuard protocol was the fastest during our tests. The speeds varied from medium to high (around 85% of the actual connection speed), with only the OpenVPN protocol demonstrating low speed on a few occasions.
Additional features. This VPN offers specialized servers for streaming, gaming, and torrenting. It also has an adblocking feature to avoid adware as well as other essentials like split tunneling or a kill switch.
CyberGhost is both reliable and very cheap. The pricing starts at as low as $2.19/month and a 45-day money-back guarantee is great for testing the application.
Read our CyberGhost review to learn more about it.
How we selected and tested these VPNs
Picking a high-quality VPN for Las Vegas is tricky due to Nevada's terrible cybercrime situation. It's essential to choose a VPN that has outstanding cybersecurity features and can protect user devices over public Wi-Fi. Here's what we considered compiling our list:
- Privacy and security. A genuine no-logs policy is a must. Online gambling is legal in Nevada, and it's best to use a VPN to avoid spilling credit card details and payouts all over the Internet. Furthermore, we only picked VPNs that provide nothing less than industry-standard AES-256 encryption and advanced protocol to retain excellent connection speeds without violating online security.
- Connection speed. Whether living in Las Vegas or traveling there, a high-connection speed is mandatory. Internet users will sacrifice security for comfort most of the time. Therefore, we tested both the download and upload times of each VPN connecting to the US, UK, and Canada servers to find pick only those VPNs that provide fast and stable connection speed.
- Server network. VPNs with limited servers quickly overload them and interfere with online activities. Additionally, a diverse server fleet is essential for accessing geo-blocked streaming and other online content. We selected only those VPNs that have a sufficient worldwide server fleet and could unblock multiple Netflix libraries, BBC iPlayer, ESPN, FanDuel, and other sites effortlessly.
- Price-value ratio. With so many VPNs to choose from, providing additional features without charging extra is a significant advantage. We looked for enhanced streaming options, specialized servers, and secure server structures and compared the candidates by price based on the market average.
Why do you need a VPN for Las Vegas
A VPN protects Las Vegas tourists and residents from rampant cybercrime in the region. However, there are more ways to benefit from this technology. Here are the reasons why you need a VPN for Las Vegas:
- Online privacy protection. Players who gamble often want to remain private about their details, be it payouts or play strategies. A no-logs VPN will erase all browsing activities from its servers after the browsing session, eliminating the risk of a data leak.
- Malware protection. Fully-developed VPN provides tracker and malware protection and blocks websites known for virus infections. It will also obfuscate the original user IP address preventing IP-based cyberattacks.
- Public Wi-Fi protection. Travelers often use public Wi-Fi, and hackers try to profit from it. A traveling VPN applies additional encryption to your online data flow preventing Man-in-the-middle attacks and third-party surveillance.
- Unblock streaming content. Tourists are often locked out of their native streaming services restricted to their home countries. Skipping an important sports match is an unnecessary frustration while having fun in Vegas. You can connect to a streaming VPN server in your home country, obtain its local IP address, and continue using streaming services as if you were there.
How to get a Las Vegas IP address?
Even if you've never used a VPN before, getting a Las Vegas IP address is very easy. To save you time, we have written a step-by-step guide.
- Pick a VPN service with servers in Las Vegas. Our top choice is NordVPN.
- Subscribe to it.
- Download the VPN app, install, and launch it.
- Find the US on your VPN's server list.
- Select a server in Las Vegas and connect to it!
Can I use a free Las Vegas VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN in Las Vegas. However, we highly discourage doing so. Free VPNs often lack the resources to implement sufficient cybersecurity protocols, which is mandatory for a Las Vegas VPN.
These VPNs will not provide a sufficient set of security features, protected data, nor complete privacy. Cybercriminals target Vegas public Wi-Fi networks looking for unsecured devices, and a free VPN can fail to protect you from a virus.
Lastly, there's always a chance your free VPN was set up by hackers luring unsuspecting users. It's especially dangerous relating to gambling activities because they involve large sums of money.
Instead, choose a VPN that offers a free version, a free trial, or a money-back guarantee:
- NordVPN – enjoy top-notch features while staying in Las Vegas with NordVPN’s free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. The pricing starts from $3.19/month.
- Surfshark – unlimited protection for all your devices using Surfshark’s free trial together with a month-long money-back guarantee. Further on, pay as little as $2.30/month.
- Atlas VPN – reliable free VPN version with servers in the US. Or you’re perhaps interested in a premium plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee? Afterwards, pay as little as $1.82/month.
You don't have to look far for reasons to use a VPN in Las Vegas. Nevada's cybercrime situation with an orientation towards identity theft begs for additional online privacy protection. Because Las Vegas is an extremely popular tourist destination, it has plenty of public Wi-Fi networks and hackers that target them.
We found NordVPN to be the best Las Vegas VPN because of its secure NordLynx protocol, an audited no-logs policy, and additional features that neutralize various online threats. Meanwhile, Atlas VPN is the top free Las Vegas VPN to trust that also has free servers in Los Angeles.
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Which VPN has a Las Vegas server?
All our listed VPNs have servers in Las Vegas. However, NordVPN is the best option, as it uses top-notch encryption, in-house built tunneling protocol, and unblocks all popular streaming services as well as other websites.
How to get a VPN in Las Vegas?
You can get a VPN in Las Vegas by subscribing to one of our recommended services. We recommend choosing NordVPN as it offers superb cybersecurity benefits, fast servers, and public Wi-Fi protection. Furthermore, its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try it out before committing.
Can you use a VPN to bet in Vegas?
Yes, you can use a VPN to bet in Vegas. However, online gambling sites do their best to ban VPN users for legal reasons. Your VPN must excel at undetectability to support a safe bet. Therefore, we recommend NordVPN, as it’s one of the top gambling VPNs.