Best VPNs for Mobile Legends in 2022
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB) is a mobile game for Android and iOS which is gaining global popularity. Since more and more players are joining, servers often become overcrowded and players experience ping issues. Additionally, there are other challenges, such as bandwidth throttling if you don’t have a VPN.
A Mobile Legends VPN can help you avoid these issues and enhance your gaming experience. Also it serves for better matchmaking – avoid stronger players and connect to opponents based on your skill level. In this article, I will help you select the best VPN for Mobile Legends and explain how to use it for a seamless playing experience.
Best Mobile Legends VPNs:
- NordVPN – best VPN for playing Mobile Legends
- Surfshark – top and wallet-friendly VPN for MLBB
- IPVanish – excellent Mobile Legends VPN
- Atlas VPN – VPN with user-friendly mobile apps
- PureVPN – solid Mobile Legends VPN choice
Why do I need a VPN for Mobile Legends
It may sound unnecessary, but getting a VPN for Mobile Legends is actually useful. Here are the main reasons why you should use one:
- Avoid overcrowded servers. Since Mobile Legends is a popular game, some players may experience game lags if servers get overcrowded. Luckily, you can change your location with a VPN and connect to less crowded servers for a better gaming experience.
- Matchmaking. VPNs that offer a large fleet of servers can help you connect to players with a similar level of skills and avoid stronger opponents. This way, it’s easier to improve your rank in the game.
- Exploit lags for a competitive advantage. If you connect to a server with a large lag spike, the games of native players are frozen. So, you can quickly kill your opponents and gain advantage.
- Avoid speed throttling. Some ISPs can throttle your Internet speed because of excessive bandwidth usage. A VPN hides your activity from the ISP, so you shouldn’t experience any speed throttling.
- Protect against DDoS attacks. It’s not new that angry players might attempt to perform distributed denial of service attacks or hack your account. Top-notch VPNs include essential security features for protection against such threats.
- Stay safe online. Leading VPNs are not only good for gaming but also for online security. They often include ad blockers, anti-tracking technology, and traffic encryption for maximum protection from online threats.
Best VPNs for Mobile Legends – our detailed list
Finding the best VPN for Mobile Legends might be challenging. However, we’ve tested at least a dozen of different products for you and below you’ll find the list of our top choices.
1. NordVPN – best VPN choice for Mobile Legends
|Servers/countries:||5400 servers in 60 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 60% OFF! 🔥|
NordVPN is definitely the best VPN for playing Mobile Legends. That’s because it has user-friendly and feature-rich apps for Android and iOS. You also get a large server selection, so you can easily play ML from different regions.
Apart from that, this VPN has its own take on WireGuard — the NordLynx protocol. So, you get a stable, secure, and fast connection for the best gaming experience.
When it comes to security, NordVPN uses an unbreakable AES 256-bit encryption. There’s also a kill switch on both Android and iOS apps to stop all Internet traffic if the VPN connection drops.
What’s even better is that you can use this VPN not only for gaming, but also for accessing global content. It unblocks most popular streaming services, like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney Plus, and others.
The subscription prices start from $3.29/month and all plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you want to get even better prices, check out our NordVPN deals.
Read our full NordVPN review to find out more about its features.
- Large server fleet
- User-friendly mobile apps
- Kill switch
- Fast speeds
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Auto-connect available on Android only
2. Surfshark – top Mobile Legends VPN with affordable subscriptions
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200 servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get up to 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE! 🔥|
Surfshark is also among our top VPN options for Mobile Legends. It has an impressive server fleet and allows unlimited simultaneous connections. So, you can easily play ML with a VPN on any of your devices.
It has intuitive mobile apps for iPhones and Android devices with WireGuard support. You will get blazing-fast speeds and security for uninterrupted gaming marathons.
Apart from that, Surfshark employs AES-256 cipher to encrypt traffic and help you protect your privacy. There’s also a kill switch to immediately block all Internet traffic if you disconnect from a VPN.
Also, if you want to use a VPN not only for playing ML, Surfshark is great with unblocking popular streaming websites, such as Netflix, Apple TV, YouTube TV, and others.
The subscriptions cost from $2.30/month and include a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can always get your money back if you change your mind. However, it might be quite hard to find a better product with such great price and quality ratio. Especially when you can get discounts with Surfshark coupon codes.
Learn more about this VPN in our comprehensive Surfshark review.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Fast speeds
- Kill switch
- Wallet-friendly subscription prices
- Gives access to popular streaming sites
- No split tunneling on iOS
3. IPVanish – great VPN choice for gaming Mobile Legends
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get up to 63% OFF IPVanish + an Antivirus! 🔥|
IPVanish also stands high on our list of the best VPN for Mobile Legends. You can install it on as many devices as you need and choose from a wide selection of servers. It has dedicated apps for iOS and Android, so it’s easy to use this VPN for playing mobile games, like ML.
If you seek a seamless gaming experience, this VPN offers great speeds with WireGuard. This revolutionary tunneling protocol allows you to enjoy a stable, secure, and fast connection.
What’s also worth mentioning is that IPVanish has an On Demand feature. You can use it to automate your connection and turn on a VPN in predetermined cases. For example, set it up to always use a VPN when playing Mobile Legends.
Furthermore, this provider operates under a strict no-logs policy and has been recently audited by an independent firm. The examination concluded that this VPN indeed doesn’t keep any user-related data.
If you’re interested in trying it, you can get a subscription from $3.99/month. It’s not the cheapest option, but there are amazing IPVanish deals. Additionally, each plan includes a 30-day money-back guarantee that can be used to get a full refund.
Read our full IPVanish review to learn more about this provider.
- On Demand feature
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- AES-256 encryption
- WireGuard support
- No-logs policy
- No kill switch on mobile apps
4. Atlas VPN – good VPN option for MLBB
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers/countries:||750 servers in 38 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get Atlas VPN, now 81% OFF! 🔥|
Even though Atlas VPN can’t boast about a massive server fleet, it’s still a good VPN choice for Mobile Legends. This provider has very user-friendly Android and iOS apps that are also rich in features. Both of them include a kill switch and other useful security attributes.
This VPN also uses the WireGuard tunneling protocol and AES-256 encryption for fast speeds and strong security. So, you can enjoy protection against potential attacks and gaming without any delays, all at the same time.
It’s worth mentioning that Atlas VPN mobile apps include a SafeBrowse feature that blocks malicious websites and helps you avoid a wide range of online threats.
Additionally, you can use this VPN for other entertainment options, such as streaming platforms. It unblocks popular sites, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube, and gives access to global movies and TV series.
What’s even better is that you can get a subscription from $2.05/month or even use a free version. Keep in mind that the free plan comes with certain limitations, so it’s better to get a subscription and use the 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind.
Learn more about this provider in our detailed Atlas VPN review.
- Kill switch on Android and iOS
- User-friendly mobile apps
- WireGuard support
- SafeBrowse feature
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms
- Small server selection
5. PureVPN – solid Mobile Legends VPN for gaming
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||6500 servers in 78 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PureVPN 82% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
PureVPN is also a good pick for playing Mobile Legends safely. It has a huge server fleet and offers strong encryption. Thus, you can boost your gaming experience and security at the same time.
Your traffic will be encrypted using the unbreakable AES-256 cipher. Also, this VPN supports the WireGuard tunneling protocol for fast speeds and a reliable connection. It’s useful when playing ML if you want to avoid delays and buffering.
With PureVPN, you can also avoid data leaks in case you disconnect from a VPN. There’s a kill switch feature for protection that terminates all Internet traffic if any interruptions occur.
What’s also worth mentioning is that this provider works well with unblocking popular entertainment sites. You can use it for accessing global content on Netflix, Hulu, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
All of these perks cost from $1.99/month which is a truly wallet-friendly price. If you want an even more affordable option, seek discounts from our PureVPN deals. Additionally, all subscription plans include a 31-day money-back guarantee.
Read our PureVPN review to find out more about its features.
- Impressive server selection
- Affordable price
- Kill switch
- Unblocks streaming websites
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- No WireGuard on iOS
How we selected and tested these VPNs
When it comes to choosing a great VPN for gaming, it’s important to note that not all providers are equally suitable. We aim to provide only the top choices and these are the criteria used for selecting the best VPNs for Mobile Legends:
- Encryption. Leading VPNs for Mobile Legends should employ strong encryption ciphers for security. Our chosen products use military-grade AES-256 encryption for maximum protection.
- Mobile apps. Since you play Mobile Legends on your mobile device, it’s essential that your chosen VPN would have excellent mobile apps. For this reason, we’ve selected providers with feature-rich, user-friendly, and intuitive apps for both Android and iOS.
- Speed. Fast VPN services are key to a great Mobile Legends gaming experience. So, we’ve selected only the speediest VPNs that support the WireGuard tunneling protocol for reduced latency while playing.
- Extra features. Top VPN service providers also offer additional features that can help prevent bandwidth throttling when you play. Our picked VPNs include perks, such as a kill switch or split tunneling.
- Price. You shouldn’t pay a fortune to get security and an enhanced gaming experience. In fact, our listed VPNs are not only affordable but also include a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the services.
How to use a VPN for Mobile Legends
Using a VPN for Mobile Legends is a relatively straightforward process. You only need a VPN, like NordVPN, Internet connection, and a Mobile Legends app. However, if you’ve never done it before, we’ve made a simple step-by-step guide.
Here’s what you need to do to play MLBB with a VPN:
- Install a VPN on your mobile device. NordVPN has great Android and iPhone apps.
- Sign in and connect to a server.
- If possible, enable the auto-connect feature on your VPN app.
- Open Mobile Legends and start playing!
Still can’t play ML with a VPN? Maybe your chosen provider is not suitable for mobile gaming. We recommend switching to a different VPN with more servers and more advanced mobile apps. Check out our list of the best VPN services in 2022.
Which VPN server is best for MLBB?
The best VPN servers for Mobile Legends should be located in Europe or North America. These regions are not so crowded, so it’s easier to rank higher in the game.
Meanwhile, playing ML while connected to a VPN server in the South East Asia region would reduce ranking possibilities due to a large number of players. Additionally, SEA players report experiencing a 100-300 ms ping and rude playing peers.
So, we recommend picking VPN servers in the EU or North America for the best Mobile Legends gaming experience. Furthermore, you should choose whichever server within these regions is closest to your location for the best speeds. NordVPN has a large selection of servers across the globe.
Can a VPN reduce MLBB ping?
Yes, a VPN can reduce Mobile Legends ping if you’re connected to a server which is close to your location. For example, European citizens who connect to a VPN server within the EU should be able to minimize the network latency and avoid any delays while playing ML. However, let’s say an Indonesian player connects to a server in Spain, then it’s unlikely that a VPN would reduce Mobile Legends ping.
Additionally, it’s important to take into account the VPN speeds. Speedy VPNs implement fast and secure tunneling protocols for a speedy and stable connection when gaming. Therefore, you should also choose a VPN with a large server fleet and WireGuard support, like NordVPN.
Will I get banned for using a VPN for Mobile Legends?
No, your ML account won’t be banned if you’re using a VPN. Mobile Legends only ban players that use plugins to get advantage in the game. A plugin is a third-party software that’s used to cheat in the game.
A VPN is not a plugin but a security tool which is also known as a Virtual Private Network. So, if you don’t use it to exploit game mechanics or gain competitive advantage, your account shouldn’t be suspended.
Can I use a free VPN for Mobile Legends?
Yes, you can use any of our listed VPNs for Mobile Legends free of charge. All of them include a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can use to try the services for free. You are entitled to a full refund at any time until the 30-day period ends.
Additionally, NordVPN allows using its services for ML free of charge for up to a week. You just need to claim a free NordVPN trial on your Android device. Similarly, you can claim Surfshark’s free trial on either Android or iOS as well.
But if you intend on playing Mobile Legends for more than a month, Atlas VPN has a free version. However, it comes with a 10 MB data cap and access to only three locations. So, it’s not an ideal option for the best ML gaming experience.
In case you want to explore more options, check out our list of the best free VPNs. All of them come from reliable providers, so you can be sure that your data won’t be shared with outsiders and you won’t be lured into downloading malware.
Which VPN is best for Mobile Legends?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Mobile Legends. It offers a large server selection, fast speeds, and a stable connection. Additionally, this VPN has excellent security features to protect your privacy.
Is VPN usage allowed for Mobile Legends?
Yes, using a VPN for Mobile Legends is allowed, as long as the player is not exploiting game mechanics to gain advantage over other players. You can use a VPN for ML to prevent speed throttling and potential DDoS attacks.
Which free VPN is best for Mobile Legends?
NordVPN is the best free VPN for Mobile Legends. You can use its 30-day money-back guarantee to enjoy free services for up to a month. Alternatively, this VPN offers a free 7-day trial for Android devices.