Best VPNs for Serbia in 2022
Serbia is an excellent example of a country that is obliged to protect freedom of expression and information. On the other hand, its citizens face the same content restriction inconveniences as a large number of users globally. Therefore, using a VPN for Serbia can ensure your internet freedom to the fullest extent.
What’s more, with a VPN, you will be able to access all major streaming services, such as Netflix or DAZN, whether you’re in Serbia or outside of it wishing to see your homeland content. Your online activity won’t be accessible to third parties that tend to benefit from it. And you will be protected from many cyber threats along the way.
To help you have a safe and comfortable browsing experience, we have curated a list of the best VPNs for Serbia in 2022. Read below and find the one that suits you best!
Top 5 best VPNs for Serbia – our shortlist:
- NordVPN – best VPN for Serbia
- Surfshark – best money and quality ratio VPN
- Atlas VPN – everyday VPN for Serbia
- IPVanish – security-oriented VPN service
- PrivateVPN – streaming VPN for Serbians
The best VPNs for Serbia - our detailed list:
Selecting the best VPNs for Serbia required us to responsibly pay attention to security features, value for money, ease of use, and more. Below, you will find the list of VPN providers that fulfill the criteria the best.
1. NordVPN – best overall VPN for Serbia in 2022
|Servers/countries:||5400+ servers in 60 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 60% OFF! 🔥|
NordVPN is the best VPN for Serbia. It covers everything you need for a Serbia VPN and even more.
With over 5400 servers in 60 countries, you have nearly the whole world’s content to browse. Serbian servers are also included in this server fleet. And you can unblock plenty of foreign libraries on Netflix, enjoy Disney Plus, DAZN, Hulu, and even more.
But putting the fun aside, we shall mention the top-notch suite of security you receive. NordVPN has implemented AES-256 encryption and an upgraded version of the WireGuard tunnel that’s called NordLynx. The latter is even faster and safer.
Furthermore, this VPN didn’t skip adding an obfuscation feature to its list that can help you with hiding your VPN connection. A kill switch feature, P2P support (obviously, we’re not saying that it’s great for torrenting), and a bunch of more crucial features.
NordVPN is also very privacy-oriented. That being said, it’s a Panama-based provider which offers you a strict no-logs policy. Additionally, you can use anonymous payments to pay for the subscription.
Speaking of subscriptions, NordVPN stands on the line of not too cheap, but affordable – $3.29/month. And it’s totally worth it.
For more information, check out our NordVPN review.
- NordLynx tunneling protocol
- Serbian servers
- Unblocks all major streaming platforms
- Obfuscation feature
- Audited no-logs policy
- No free version
- Doesn’t support port forwarding
2. Surfshark – top-notch Serbia VPN for the best price
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get up to 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE! 🔥|
Our second best VPN for Serbia, Surfshark, is a match for those who seek to have top-quality security features for a price that even seems suspicious.
Surfshark offers you a delicious amount of servers – 3200 servers in 65 countries. With them, you can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus (and more), or access global news that aren’t regulated by the government.
For assuring your security, this VPN uses AES-256-GCM, an even more secure, updated version of the popular AES-256 cipher. You can choose from WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2 tunnels. And your data will be stored on RAM-only servers which gets purged and it’s impossible to recover it.
Welove seeing that Surfshark has essentials such as a kill switch, split tunneling, traffic obfuscation, and additional ones. For example, an IP rotator that makes you impossible to track for your ISP and other sneaky bastards.
And since it is a Dutch-based company, you can be sure that your logs won’t be collected. Plus, its no-logs policy has been audited by Cure53 back in 2021 (it was flawless).
You would need to pay only $2.30 per month. And the best part is that you can use one subscription for an unlimited amount of devices.
Learn more about the features in our Surfshark review.
- AES-256-GCM encryption
- Strict no-logs policy
- IP rotator
- Excellent for streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- No free version
- No split tunneling on iOS
3. Atlas VPN – user-friendly VPN for Serbia
|Servers/countries:||750 servers in 78 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get Atlas VPN, now 81% OFF! 🔥|
Atlas VPN is a great VPN for Serbia and it’s even more suitable if you’re ready to take a step into the cybersecurity world but scared of jumping into a tech-savvy atmosphere right away.
With it, you get 750 servers in 38 countries. Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more will be served for you in addition to other worldwide content. Or Serbian if you’re feeling homesick.
Atlas VPN is both – a user-friendly app and a strong online protection. It uses military-grade encryption along with the WireGuard tunnel, so you basically become untraceable.
You’ll find all the features a VPN newbie should expect. A kill switch, split tunneling, dark web monitoring, and even some extravaganza, like an IP rotator. However, an obfuscation feature has been left out of this list.
And if we’re already talking about disadvantages – Atlas VPN is located in the US which means that it’s under the Five Eyes alliance watch. Yet, the company claims to rely on a strict no-logs policy which has also been audited.
Atlas VPN is also a great choice those who need a reliable free VPN. In fact, it’s the best free VPN in our opinion. But, if you’re going to pay for the service, the price is fairly friendly – only $2.05 per month.
Get to know more about this VPN from Atlas VPN review.
- Great free version
- Audited no-logs policy
- Unblocks Netflix
- Has an IP rotator
- Located in the US
- No obfuscation feature
4. IPVanish – secure all-round VPN
|Based in:||The US|
|Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 63% OFF IPVanish + an Antivirus!|
Now, considering that there are users who like to be on a more tech-savvy side, we are presenting you IPVanish. A feature-rich and secure VPN for Serbia.
As it offers (2000 servers in 50 countries), we couldn’t call streaming the strength of this VPN. But unblocking Netflix US, YouTube, or BBC iPlayer goes quite well. And accessing unbribed global news and content overall is very doable as well.
Now stepping to IPVanish’s stronger side, we’re rushing to note that it uses military-grade encryption (which is also used by the government). And the WireGuard tunnel will also protect you.
To warrant even better security, you will get a kill switch, customizable split tunneling, antivirus tool, and the obfuscation feature. And bringing the entertainment back to the spotlight – IPVanish offers a SOCKS5 proxy which makes this VPN one of the best VPNs for torrenting.
Unfortunately, IPVanish has picked to locate its company in one of the worst countries for a VPN – the US. Yet, the provider claims to respect users’ privacy as much as possible.
Finally, when it comes to paying for IPVanish VPN, the price might be on the rough side as it starts from $3.99 per month. Nevertheless, you can always take advantage of IPVanish coupons that we regularly update!
Check our IPVanish review and find out more.
- Rich suite of security features
- Decent amount of servers and locations
- Obfuscation feature
- Great for torrenting
- Has no-logs policy
- Located in the US
- Quite expensive
5. PrivateVPN – Serbia VPN for Netflix
|Servers/countries:||200 servers in 63 countries|
|Current deal:||Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF!|
This attractively looking intuitive VPN is a great option for those Serbian citizens who are striving to access Netflix and other streaming services. Other than that, it’s truly reliable!
Although VPNs are for online safety and privacy, this VPN stands out as one of the best VPNs for streaming. Not to mention the obvious of unblocking Netflix, it also bypasses DAZN’s restrictions and other major streaming sites. In addition to streaming, PrivateVPN doesn’t leave behind torrenting fans and offers port forwarding and a SOCKS5 proxy.
Hare, the fleet of servers and locations isn’t the biggest one we have seen today as it sums up of 200 servers in 63 countries. But this shouldn’t be a cause for concern as the OpenVPN protocol is implemented to ensure good speeds and trustworthy protection.
IPVanish also keeps up with the fashion and uses the same encryption as the rest of our favorite VPNs. Or you can customize your encryption level between 128 and 256-bit. Additionally, you can count on a kill switch feature that will protect you when the VPN connection drops.
Just like every other provider, this VPN also has its weaknesses. At this point, it is the country of jurisdiction which is Sweden. Unfortunately, it is a part of the 14-Eyes alliance.
Putting it all together, IPVanish is rather reliable and great for entertainment. And the pricing could be a selling point as it starts from only $2.00 per month.
Find out more in our PrivateVPN review.
- Great for streaming and torrenting
- Customizable encryption
- Kill switch feature
- Obfuscation is available
- Under the 14-Eyes Alliance watch
- No WireGuard tunneling protocol
How we selected and tested these VPNs
For selecting the best VPN for Serbia and overall, we build a list of criteria that fall into check-boxes and have to be filled. Suggesting you VPNs that fill the boxes best is our priority in order to deliver you the most seamless experience.
- Security and privacy. Whether you seek to unblock the Serbian Netflix library or just casually browse global content, security and privacy should be prioritized. Staying undetected is what you need for bypassing geo-restrictions and here, military-grade encryption with the WireGuard tunnel play the best.
- Streaming and torrenting. It’s no secret that a VPN is a major player in today’s streaming and torrenting world. Meaning, a Serbia VPN that unblocks the largest amount of streaming platforms and supports P2P traffic is the one that should draw your attention.
- Speed. A VPN that doesn’t offer the WireGuard tunneling protocol can be rarely seen among the best VPNs. Without it, your network speed would be more likely to frustrate your experience rather than improve it.
- Price. No matter what your financial situation is, a VPN should always offer a price that is equal to its worthiness. Even more, a good VPN will always offer its services for a price that’s affordable for everyone because staying secure is a priority.
Why do I need a VPN for Serbia?
Here are the reasons why you should consider getting a VPN in Serbia:
- Bypass content restrictions. Various reasons provoke content restrictions all around the world. Those might include religion, politics, owner rights, and more. Nevertheless, a VPN is a great way to bypass these bans and remain undetected.
- Ensure privacy and security. Back in the past, Serbia was known as a heavily-censored country. And even though the situation now is radically different, there are still factors that threaten your privacy and security. Trackers, hackers, governmental institutions – all of them can be stopped with the help of a VPN.
- Stay up to date with global news. Even though social media has no restrictions in Serbia, its local media is strictly regulated by the government. And worldwide social media platforms are being manipulated to share disinformation. Therefore, a VPN is crucial to access real news that the rest of the world sees.
- Improve connection speed. It’s possible that your ISP is throttling your network connection to specific services, such as streaming or gaming. Consequently, you end up having worse connection speed and spending more money on your data. A VPN hides your IP address from your ISP and solves the issue.
How to use a VPN in Serbia?
Gladly, there’s nothing special about using a VPN in Serbia. That being said, you just need to complete some regular steps to have a VPN ensuring your online safety and privacy. See below what steps are included:
- Choose a reliable VPN and download it. We go for NordVPN.
- Select your subscription and sign up.
- Open the NordVPN application. Log in if needed.
- Scroll the list of servers or use the map to find a country you wish to connect to.
- Click on the name of a country for a Quick connection or choose a preferred server by hitting three dots.
Are VPNs legal in Serbia?
Yes, it is legal to use VPNs in Serbia. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the primary purpose of a VPN is ensuring online security and privacy. Therefore, using a VPN for criminal activities might be a straight road to getting a fine or ending up in jail.
Also, if you’re planning to use a VPN in school, university, or a workplace, a VPN connection may be blocked. To sort this out, you would need to use an obfuscated server or a tunneling protocol such as Chameleon 2.0 to hide your VPN traffic.
Is it safe to use a VPN in Serbia?
Using a VPN in Serbia is completely safe. In fact, Serbia is a member of the European Convention on Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Meaning, you have complete freedom to use a VPN for staying safe and private.
Yet, keep in mind that just like any other country seeks to guarantee the safest life for its citizens, so does Serbia. That being said, if you commit a crime with the help of a VPN, Serbian police have the right to appoint you an appropriate fine.
Can I use a free VPN for Serbia?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Serbia. But are we suggesting that you should use it? No. A free VPN is rather an exposure of your security and privacy than a protection of them.
While we hope for a VPN to hide our online activity, a free VPN behaves the opposite way. To earn some income, VPNs that are free of cost tend to implement trackers to their apps, collect users’ data and sell it to third parties. Consequently, you are more likely to get malware on your devices, face financial losses, identity theft, and more.
If you still have an urge to use a free VPN, then we suggest using a freemium VPN. A freemium VPN is a regular VPN that offers a free plan for its users. You can find this type of subscription even among the best VPNs listed above. For this, we recommend Atlas VPN.
But, once again, we would like to note that none of the freemium VPNs will be able to offer you as much as a paid VPN does. That being said, without paying for the services, you will receive a limited fleet of servers and features, plus a data cap is included.
Each VPN service mentioned in this article is a great way to improve your online experience in Serbia.
But if you go for NordVPN, you will be able to access a large number of streaming services and watch the best quality videos. Your online activity will be protected using military-grade encryption, an improved WireGuard tunneling protocol, and a bunch of other top-notch features.
Overall, a VPN for Serbia is an essential tool to remain private, secure, and experience everything that the internet has to offer.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
What's the best VPN for Serbia?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Serbia. It not only unblocks a large amount of geo-restricted content, but it also has an audited no-logs policy and uses the best security tools that can be found on the market today.
Which VPNs have servers in Serbia?
How do I get a Serbian IP address?
To get a Serbian IP address, you would need to download a reliable VPN application (we suggest NordVPN), sign up for the service, and connect to a server that is located in Serbia.