School website builders – best website builder for teachers
In this article, you will get all the details you need to choose the best website builder for teachers and educators like yourself. From templates to editing features, functionality, ease of use, and budget – I got you covered with all the nitty-gritty.
Education websites are quintessential for schools, teachers, and students alike. Besides providing crucial updates about the school and curriculum, the platform helps teachers share class schedules, lesson plans, class homework, and helpful information with students and parents.
Whether you're running an online school or working in one, a professional website helps you build credibility in the online community. Even if you are a private teacher, creating an official website will help promote your skills and build a personal brand.
Even if you do not know how to code, you can easily create a professional-looking website with a high-quality website builder.
I have done the research and curated a list of the best school website builders bearing multiple customization options.
Best school website builders: ranked
- SITE123 – best website builder overall best
- Hostinger Website Builder – beginner-friendly website builder
- Wix – highly flexible website builder for teachers and students
- Weebly – best website builder for teaching eCommerce
- Webflow – best website builder for teaching web design
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get an additional 10% OFF Premium Wix plans using code 'CyberNews10!'
Use the list to quickly navigate through providers that interest you the most. More so, if you wish to know more about how to choose a good website builder, check out my list of tips at the end of this article.
|Features:||Testimonial sections, consultation booking, SEO tools|
|Best for:||Quick website building experience|
|Current deal:||SITE123 coupon 40% OFF!|
SITE123 is a power-packed school website builder with a simple interface for educators of all skill levels. This all-inclusive tool comes with ease of use, a wide range of functionalities, and even some advanced features like restricting parts of your website for teachers or students only. It is one of the best website builders for teachers in terms of its fast and hassle-free functionality.
Why is SITE123 a good website builder for teachers and schools?
SITE123 comes with a very intuitive section-based editor that enables you to create a professional-looking site in minutes. Here are some of the main SITE123 features:
- Variety of plans: SITE123 offers quite a number of plans to choose from. You can start your journey with its free plan (allows publishing a website with SITE123 subdomain and builder’s ads) and upgrade to any of the 5 paid plans. The prices for said plans range from $11.88/mo to $45.00/mo. Now, if you’re looking to run a professional site, the Advanced plan ($11.88/mo) is ideal for students, while teachers can go for the Professional plan ($17.28/mo) for maximum functionality.
- Responsive and customizable templates: SITE123 comes with more than 160 responsive all-purpose templates to pick from. The builder also includes a functional and easy-to-use section-based editor that enables you to customize the templates as you see fit. You can even mix and match these templates to meet your design needs.
- Advanced features: With paid SITE123 plans you can take advantage of advanced features like restricting access to parts of your site. This way you can make sure that some materials can be accessed by teachers or students alone.
- Many built-in functionalities: SITE123 is a beginner-friendly tool that offers useful built-in features like video and audio file publishing. More so, all paid plans include free email accounts, which make it easy to communicate with students or parents.
SITE123 is a multipurpose website builder for teachers that puts simplicity at the forefront of it all. You can expect reasonable prices, responsive and customizable templates, and many additional features that will help you build a school site the way you want it.
- Free plan for an unlimited time
- Ability to mix and match templates
- Allows restricting access to parts of the website
- More premium prices
- Limited design capabilities
2. Hostinger Website Builder
|Features:||Contact forms, consultation booking, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for:||Affordable website building for graphic designers|
|Free plan:||Free demo|
|Current deal:||Get Hostinger Website Builder, now 75% OFF + 3 months FREE!|
Hostinger Website Builder, formerly known as Zyro, is an affordable website-building platform for teachers that comes with a large suite of AI-powered premium features. Despite its low prices, the builder comes with all the necessities like a free domain, SSL, an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, and many other features that make educational website building as easy as possible.
Why is Hostinger Website Builder a good website builder for teachers and schools?
Hostinger Website Builder's biggest selling point is its beginner-friendly interface and cheap pricing. Here's a peek into the features that make Hostinger Website Builder worth the buck:
- Extremely budget-friendly: Out of all the best website builders for teachers, Hostinger Website Builder is the cheapest. The builder offers a single plan that retails just for $2.99/mo. Teachers and students alike can use it to create their websites with a custom domain name, free SSL certificates, and a professional email address. Best of all, if you wish to integrate some of the eCommerce functionalities, you can do just that, since the plan is eCommerce-ready.
- Appealing templates: The builder comes with more than 130 responsive and customizable templates. While there are no teacher website templates, specifically, teachers and schools can use these industry-centric, yet responsive, sleek-looking, and customizable templates, no coding skills are needed.
- Powerful editor: Hostinger Website Builder offers a very powerful and functional drag-and-drop editor. It’s easy to use and allows teachers or students to easily create websites using pre-made blocks, a variety of content elements, and an array of multimedia features.
- End-to-end functionality: Whether you're building educational websites or are teaching students to build one, Hostinger Website Builder brings you a combination of AI tools, analytics, a blogging portal, and SEO tools. Teachers can use this platform to teach students how these practices work.
On the whole, Hostinger Website Builder is an ideal choice for small educational businesses and freelance teachers looking for a budget-friendly builder. It's easy to use, resource-rich and can be used both for creating an impactful site or learning how to create one.
- Affordable monthly rate of $2.33
- Over 130 responsive and modern-looking templates
- Many built-in features like AI, SEO, and marketing tools
- Limited customizing options
- No school-specific templates
|Features:||Google My Business, online scheduling, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for:||100% customizable website building|
|Current deal:||Get an additional 10% OFF Premium Wix plans using code 'CyberNews10!'|
Wix is one of the most versatile and popular website builders out there that is great for school website building. It is mostly known for its easy drag-and-drop editor, flexible scalability, and powerful features to create a professional-looking website. This makes it perfect for both website building and learning how to do so.
Why is Wix a good website builder for teachers and schools?
Wix is a hassle-free solution for building an educative website. From music to elementary schools, you can create a stellar website to align with your institution's goals. Here's what makes it suitable:
- Convenient pricing plans: Wix comes with 8 plans priced from $0/mo to $49.00/mo. While the builder allows publishing a site on its free plan, due to limited features, the plan is best for learning purposes only. For best resources and functionalities, you should consider either the Combo ($16.00/mo) or the Pro ($23.00/mo) plans. More so, the builder offers 50% off for students.
- Extensive range of templates: With over 800 unique and responsive designer templates, Wix enjoys a competitive edge over other website builders. You can also find over 40 school and tutor-specific templates to choose from.
- Artificial design intelligence (ADI) and drag-and-drop editor: Wix comes with 2 editors to choose from. You can either get your site generated by an ADI automatically by giving your preferences to the system, or you can choose to build a site with Wix’s highly customizable drag-and-drop builder. The former will be a great help for beginners, while the latter will enable you to create a 100% customizable site.
- Pack of built-in features: In addition to necessities like a free domain or an SSL, Wix also offers a wide variety of features, like SEO tools, email marketing capabilities, and even an eCommerce suite for teachers to sell their video lessons and custom content.
In essence, Wix is a fully-featured and versatile website builder for students, teachers, and schools to build their online presence. This makes it a good learning tool as well as a highly flexible website builder for schools.
- Free plan for an unlimited time
- 2 functional and customizable editors
- Over 800 responsive all-purpose designer templates
- Slightly more premium prices
- Unlimited design freedom might be overwhelming
|Features:||Drag-and-drop editor, SEO, marketing, and eCommerce functionalities|
|Templates:||40 free all-purpose templates|
|Best for:||Teacher and school sites with an eCommerce functionality|
|Current deal:||Get up to 33% OFF Weebly!|
Weebly is a multifunctional website builder that enables teachers and students alike to create functional sites and explore site making process in detail. The tool helps teachers to build an online community of learners with added features like eCommerce functionalities.
Why is Weebly a good website builder for teachers and schools?
If you’re looking for a website builder to teach about eCommerce, Weebly has a great solution for you. Let's take a look at its beneficial features:
- Multilayered pricing: The platform offers 4 plans – 1 free and 3 priced plans with prices going from $6.00/mo up to $26.00/mo. Like a few other providers, Weebly allows to publish a site with its free plan on a Weebly’s subdomain, yet the resources are quite limited for professional use. Besides, you can also access eCommerce functionalities to teach students. Now, for professional use, check out the Professional plan ($12.00/mo) that comes with a free domain, SSL, and no Square ads on the site.
- Responsive design templates: Weebly brings a selection of 40 original templates unique to the platform. Besides these free options, you can also explore paid templates from third-party sources. What truly makes Weebly unique is that it lets users upload their own themes and make a customized website.
- Simple and efficient editor: Weebly comes with a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor that makes the site-building experience that much smoother. Add pages, create a blog post, modify the complete theme, and do so much more in just a few clicks.
- All-in-one functionality: Weebly comes bearing a variety of functionalities like sending emails, running marketing campaigns, and optimizing the site for search engine ranking. It provides a convenient way to teach students how to manage these functionalities smoothly.
Weebly is a go-to platform for many students aspiring to learn both about simple sites and eCommerce platforms. Its efficiency and ease of use trump many other alternatives. This website builder is the perfect choice for teaching website development for eCommerce.
- Free plan that with demo eCommerce features
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- Variety of business-oriented functionalities
- Limited customization capacity
- Limited variety of template designs
|Features:||Webflow editor, CSS editing, interactions & animations, custom fonts|
|Templates:||46 free all-purpose templates|
|Best for:||Unique school site or students learning about website designing|
|Current deal:||Get excellent website design tools from $14 a month|
Webflow is a fully-featured, no-code website builder ideal for teaching web design. Built with the aim to empower users with no coding skills, this intuitive tool allows teachers and students alike to understand the nitty-gritty of website designing.
Why is Webflow a good website builder for teachers and schools?
Webflow works well for people with prior design knowledge with a rather nuanced suite of editing tools. Here's everything you can expect from Webflow:
- Tiered pricing: Webflow has an abundance of options when it comes to plans (7 Site and 3 Account plans). You can get a plan for as low as $6.00/mo or as high as $212/mo. You can also try Webflow for free before locking in a site plan or an account plan. While the free version does not allow publishing websites, it can be used to get to know how Webflow works. Now, if you wish to publish a site, the Basic plan ($6.00/mo) is well equipped for running a school site.
- Modern and elegant templates: Webflow offers 500+ beautifully designed templates for a beautiful and unique website. All the templates are responsive and can be easily customized to fit your needs. However, do keep in mind that only 46 templates are free, while the rest cost extra. Among the premium themes, you can find 12 education-related templates.
- Loaded editor: Teachers and schools can expand their horizons to create the perfect website with Webflow's power-packed editor. Edit, add, and manage content across pages without any struggle.
- Advanced features: Alongside the standard features and tools the website builder is also equipped with advanced features like CSS editing, interactions & animations, and custom fonts.
Overall, Webflow is the best website builder to teach website design and for individuals with a prior design sense. Its strength lies in the seamless user experience it offers for everyone, irrespective of their level of expertise.
- Free plan for testing the builder
- Advanced website design features
- Powerful editors for designing different types of websites
- Premium prices
- Steep learning curve for new users
Best school website builders: final recommendations
Whether you wish to create a personal promotional website as a private tutor or an informational/educational site for the school or your students, there are quite a few builders that can help you out. While the variety of available builders is pretty wide, not all of them are equally functional.
Let me give you a quick overview of the 5 best website builders for teachers, along with the core features of each.
- SITE123 is a functional and beginner-friendly website builder for teachers with many useful built-in features.
- Hostinger Website Builder is a very budget-friendly and easy-to-use solution with a powerful drag-and-drop editor for both students and teachers.
- Wix is a highly flexible and entirely customizable website builder that offers a 50% discount for students.
- Weebly eCommerce-oriented site builder that will be good for both simple sites and eCommerce platforms.
- Webflow is a design-oriented website builder that enables you to create a visually pleasing and unique educational site.
What to look for when choosing a website builder for schools and teachers?
As there is an abundance of website builders on the market, choosing the best one for your school, teacher, or student website building might take a while. However, to not get lost among the choices, there are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- What is the purpose of the website? Do you wish to build a website to feature classroom details or teach students about website creation? Weebly and Webflow are great for teaching students how to build an eCommerce platform or design a website. On the contrary, if you wish to build an informative school website, publish video lessons, or simply advertise your tutoring services, SITE123, Wix, and Hostinger Website Builder are better options.
- Is a free plan enough or do you need a paid one? If you’re simply looking to explore website builders and learn about website creation and design, a free plan is great for that. Builders like SITE123, Weebly, and Wix not only offer free plans for an unlimited time but also allow you to publish the site. On the other hand, if you wish to build a professional website of any kind, free plans tend to be too limiting in resources and leave builder ads on the site. More so, the site will be hosted on the builder’s subdomain with no possibility of adding a custom domain.
- Are you eligible for any discounts? If you have chosen a paid website builder, you can still make your subscription reasonable through discounts and offers. As an example, Wix offers 50% off for students with all its paid plans.
- What features will you need? If you’re planning to create a simple site, chances are you won’t need too many additional tools. Therefore, builders like SITE123 or Hostinger Website Builder are more than great for the job. However, take features like eCommerce functionality, advanced SEO, or customization options into consideration when evaluating your options. As a freelance teacher, you might wish to sell online courses or simply rank on the search engine result page. Then again, if you’re using the builder for a student project, broader design freedom might be of use.
Best school website builders FAQs
Which website builder is best for teachers?
SITE123 the best website builder is best for teachers looking for budget-friendly and easy-to-manage solutions. At the same time, Webflow is the best-advanced website builder, while Hostinger Website Builder and Wix offer good features and functionality.
Are Google Sites good for teachers?
Yes, Google Sites is a great website builder for teachers. It lets you create websites without any prior coding knowledge. This tool also lets you add images, Google Sheets, links, and more. However, it has limited fonts and color options.
How do I create an online teaching website?
You can create an online teaching website in a few simple steps. Just choose a good website builder or hosting provider, install a preferred CMS, and customize the site by adding needed apps, plugins, or any extensions. Now, all that’s left is to add your courses.
Should teachers have their own website?
Yes, teachers should have their own website. If you’re a freelance teacher, creating a website lets you market your skills. At the same time, it could be an all-in-one platform for your existing students. It enables you to share crucial information with students and parents. Moreover, it helps expand your or the school's online presence.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked