Looking for a Weebly alternative? In this article, I discuss 5 excellent options. The main areas of focus are the builders’ prices, templates, editors, and other features that may come in handy for any specific needs.
Weebly is a pretty popular website builder that is best-known for its ease of use and a few user-friendly business features. It also has an extensive app library. However, nothing’s perfect. One of Weebly’s most prominent flaws is that it shifted its focus on eCommerce, leaving a whole lot of users with their needs unmet.
So why should you consider a Weebly alternative? There are a few factors at play:
- Prices – due to Weebly’s increased focus on the eCommerce sites, the builder has spiked its prices. There’s a number of cheaper alternatives.
- Design – Weebly’s design options are not the most extensive. Other builders can offer you more in this regard.
- Functionalities – with its primary focus on eCommerce, Weebly left out a lot of useful functionalities, while others, like blogging tools, are very limited.
- Editor – while Weebly’s editor is not the most complicated to use, it’s not the easiest either. Perhaps you’re looking for something simpler and faster?
Without dwelling on the factors above too much, let’s see which of Weebly's alternatives might suit you better, shall we?
Best Weebly alternatives: ranked
- Zyro – the best Weebly alternative overall
- Squarespace – a premium alternative to Weebly
- SITE123 – beginner-friendly Weebly alternative
- GoDaddy website builder – business-oriented Weebly alternative
- Wix – highly customizable alternative to Weebly
|Features||Drag-and-drop editor, AI tools, SEO and marketing features|
|Free plan||Free trial|
|Best for||Personal and small business websites|
Zyro is a cheap alternative to Weebly that brings in powerful built-in features. Its performance is better than Weebly, and the editor is incredibly easy to use. Plus, let’s not forget about the AI features and the pre-designed templates. It can surely meet a broader range of needs.
Why is Zyro a good Weebly alternative?
Zyro is a cheaper alternative to Weebly, and the editing process is far more streamlined.
Here’s what you need to remember:
- Cheaper eCommerce plans – Zyro is one of the cheapest website builders overall. The plans have prices ranging from $2.69/mo to $14.39/mo in comparison to Weebly’s $6.00/mo to $26.00/mo. At the same time, while Weebly’s prices for online stores start at $12.00/mo, Zyro allows you to start selling online at only $3.59/mo. Zyro also has more advanced features for less money. For instance, the $14.39/mo covers inventory management, while Weebly charges $26.00/mo for the plan that includes that.
- Modern templates – I’m not bashing Weebly’s templates, but Zyro’s look more put together and overall more modern. Besides, Zyro has over 130 design-crafted responsive themes, while Weebly includes only 40.
- Streamlined editing – Zyro comes with a simple and clean drag-and-drop editor that’s easy to use. You can build on a template of your choosing or let Zyro’s AI generate a website based on the answers to a few questions.
- Great marketing and analytics functionalities – Zyro comes bearing quite a variety of functionalities. The builder allows you to sell on Facebook and Instagram, includes good SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools, and many built-in AI tools like a heatmap or a writer. More so, you can link your Google Analytics account to see what works and what doesn’t for further optimization.
The bottom line? Zyro is better than Weebly because it charges less for more functionalities. I think it’s more suitable for small businesses and personal use. It’s simpler, the templates look more modern, and you get more marketing and analytics functionalities for much cheaper.
- Prices are lower, starting at $2.69/mo
- 130+ modern templates
- Streamlined editing process
- Great in-built marketing and analytics tools
- Low prices apply only for annual billing periods
- The grid system limits the editing options
|Features||Section based editor, business features, SEO and marketing tools|
|Free plan||Free trial|
|Best for||Small-to-medium business websites|
Squarespace is a more premium website builder than Weebly, yet it can help you create a professional-looking website. The editing process is streamlined, and the most essential tools you need for a successful site are already built-in. Additionally, Squarespace has pretty strong eCommerce and SEO features meaning it’s just as good for a business site as it is for a personal one.
Why is Squarespace a good Weebly alternative?
Squarespace gives your website a more professional look. Of course, there’s more to it than that:
- Prices – Squarespace comes with more premium plans. The former’s prices start at $16.00/mo for annual plans (the cheapest Weebly plan is $6.00/mo). If you want to sell online, you have to choose the Business plan, which is $23.00/mo. Even so, I think it’s worth it if you want that premium feel.
- Built-in business essentials – one of Squarespace’s fortes is that you don’t need its app library to get everything you need for your website. All essential functionalities like a blogging platform, SEO, scheduling, and many more are already built-in.
- Modern templates – Squarespace has over 110 pre-designed templates, and they all look stunning. They’re completely free and cover all major niches. You’ll find them grouped into 5 main categories.
- Simple and fast website building – the website creation process is very similar to Weebly one, to be honest. The editor is easy to use, and all functionalities are effortless to add. You don’t have a lot of design flexibility, but that can be said about most website builders.
In my opinion, Squarespace is a better alternative to Weebly if you want to create a professional business website. The majority of essential business features are built-in, and the premium themes look very good.
- Stunning professional templates
- A streamlined website creation process
- Essential business features are built-in
- Prices are higher than Weebly’s
- Design flexibility is limited
|Features||Section based editor, SEO and marketing tools, built-in features|
|Best for||Multipurpose websites|
Another website like Weebly is SITE123. It’s an excellent alternative for all those who seek something easier to use. Additionally, ease of use is accompanied by built-in tools and the ability to sell online even with its entry-level plan, which is pretty rare in this industry.
Why is SITE123 a good Weebly alternative?
One of the main advantage of opting for SITE123 is that you can create a fully functional site in few minutes.
Other factors are present, as well:
- Prices – SITE123 is not necessarily cheaper than Weebly, but its entry-level plan – Basic – allows you to sell online. That’s right, for only $12.80/mo, in comparison to Weebly’s $12.00/mo, you can start selling online. However, the Basic plan allows only 10 orders per month and payments via PayPal. In addition to premium plans, SITE123 has a free plan that you can be used to get familiar with the builder.
- Fast website building process – this is SITE123’s forte. You can have your website up and running in just a few minutes. There are 160 stylish templates to choose from, and you can mix the elements to create something unique. The templates themselves could use a revamp, but they still look good.
- Built-in features – SITE123 doesn’t rely on 3rd party apps. All you need to create and run a successful website is at your disposal. Whether you want to link your Google Analytics account or optimize your website, it’s all there in the editor and dashboard.
SITE123 makes an excellent Weebly website alternative if you’re looking for something easy and fast. It can accommodate a wide range of users – from bloggers to businesses.
- The entry-level plan comes with eCommerce features
- You can have a live website in just a few minutes
- All necessary features are built-in
- Prices are a bit higher than Weebly’s
- The templates could use a few touch-ups
4. GoDaddy website builder
|Features||Section based editor, business functionalities, SEO and marketing tools|
|Free plan||Free trial|
|Best for||Business-oriented sites|
Among the many websites like Weebly, we meet the GoDaddy website builder. It’s a business-oriented builder that offers a streamlined website creation process. The builder itself is very easy to use and very functional, especially in terms of marketing and built-in features.
Why is GoDaddy website builder a good Weebly alternative?
Some people prefer GoDaddy over any other website builder because of its great business features.
However, there are several factors at play:
- Prices – GoDaddy comes with reasonable prices, and there are options for all pockets. The plans start at $9.99/mo, which is slightly pricier than Weebly. Moreover, if you wish to open an online store, GoDaddy has only 1 eCommerce plan, which costs $16.99/mo. However, I think that all those marketing tools are worth the additional cost (compared to Weebly’s cheapest eCommerce plan for $12.00/mo).
- Built-in functionalities – since it’s a business-oriented website builder, GoDaddy comes with all the business functionalities already built-in. Whether we’re talking about online appointments, online booking, email marketing, or SEO advanced tools, you have access to them all free of charge. However, eCommerce features are available only with the priciest plan.
- Streamlined website building process – you don’t need any experience to create a professional website with GoDaddy website builder. The builder comes with an intuitive user interface where all options/features are located. Very beginner-friendly indeed.
So, if you’re looking for sites like Weebly and you want to run an online business, GoDaddy website builder might be the one you’re looking for. It's decently priced, easy to use, and its business tools are top-notch.
- Prices are very reasonable
- All necessary functionalities are built-in
- The website creation process is streamlined
- The editor is limited
- Only 1 eCommerce plan
|Features||Drag-and-drop editor, app market, SEO and marketing features|
|Best for||Any website with a wide range of functionalities|
Wix is a highly customizable alternative to Weebly. It comes with an abundance of stunning templates and tons of features. Wix also has an ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) that can create a website for you. This makes the builder that much more appealing for beginners.
Why is Wix a good Weebly alternative?
Of all the Weebly competitors, Wix is the most flexible. That’s what attracts most people. That, together with a few other things:
- Prices – Wix has spicier prices than Weebly but the variety of features is more generous too. The regular plans have prices between $16.00/mo and $45.00/mo and the business/eCommerce plans range from $27.00/mo to $59.00/mo. With 7 plans in total, there is a suitable option for everyone.
- Modern templates – not only does Wix’s templates look gorgeous, but there are 800+ of them, eCommerce templates included. The possibilities are endless, really. All templates are beautifully-designed and responsive.
- Editing choices – I cannot stress enough just how flexible Wix is when it comes to design options. There are more than 1000 design elements that you can easily add to your site. Besides, if such variety is a little overwhelming, Wix ADI can generate a unique website based on a few questions. Not to mention that you can edit the generated site as you see fit once you reach Wix’s drag-and-drop editor.
- Massive app library – Wix has an app market that includes over 250 integrations that come with all kinds of functionalities. It’s safe to say that you’ll never reach the limit of what Wix can actually do.
Wix is an incredible alternative to Weebly, and it’s all thanks to its design flexibility. With it, you’re given the opportunity to create something unique and beautiful. Chances are you won’t find a more versatile website builder.
- Over 800 modern templates
- Absolute design flexibility
- The app market contains over 250 plugins
- It’s more expensive than Weebly
- So many editing choices can be overwhelming
Best Weebly alternatives: final recommendations
While there are many top Weebly sites, the builder is not fool-prof. That’s why I’ve tested many builders and filtered the 5 best ones that offer good prices or incredible features. Here’s a quick recap of each website builder and its strongest points:
- Zyro is a cheaper alternative to Weebly and comes with ease of use and powerful built-in features like AI tools, SEO, and many more.
- Squarespace is a Weebly alternative that will help you create a beautiful and professional website with its many built-in features.
- SITE123 is a reasonably-priced and simplistic website builder that offers a quick and easy website building process.
- GoDaddy website builder is a business-oriented builder that delivers a streamlined creation process and has top-notch marketing tools.
- Wix is an incredibly versatile website builder that has a ton of customizable elements, gorgeous templates, and over 250 apps.
How to pick an alternative to Weebly?
There are a few key factors you need to consider when picking an alternative to Weebly. I’m talking about budget, the type of website you want to build, design freedom, and the necessary skills and time you have at your disposal.
- Budget – setting a budget is a great starting point. Weebly is not a very expensive builder, but if you’re looking for a better price-quality ratio, then a builder like Zyro offers great functionality for just $2.69/mo.
- Website type – Weebly shifted its focus on eCommerce, so if you’re not interested in building an online store, there are other more flexible builders out there. For instance, you can go for Squarespace. It can help you create a professional landing page or a small business site. At the same time, if you wish to build a simple blog or a personal site, SITE123 might be of use.
- Design and freedom – when you want to create a truly unique and stunning website, some builders can offer more than Weebly can. Take Wix, for instance. No other builder will give you more design flexibility, not to mention that it comes with over 800 templates for a unique look.
- Skills and time – the whole point of a website builder is to help all those who find website creation complicated. However, some builders are more complex than others. If you highly value simplicity, a builder like GoDaddy will help you every step of the way.
This is pretty much it. As long as you can establish your exact needs, you can make an informed decision over which Weebly alternative is best for you.
Best Weebly alternatives FAQs
What is the best alternative to Weebly?
The best alternative to Weebly is Zyro. It’s cheaper, requires almost no skills, and offers a streamlined website creation process. Not to mention that the templates look great and are responsive. More so, Zyro comes with a wide range of built-in features from blogging to AI tools.
Is Weebly no longer free?
Weebly offers 1 free plan. However, it’s incredibly limited and no longer offers custom domains for free accounts. All you get is a free SSL certificate and 500MB of storage.
Is Wix cheaper than Weebly?
No, Wix is not cheaper than Weebly. Wix’s prices range from $16.00/mo to $45.00/mo for regular sites and from $27.00/mo to $59.00/mo for business sites. Weebly’s prices for the same categories range from $6.00/mo to $26.00.