Instagram music isn't available in your region: how to fix it?
Instagram music is a feature that allows you to supplement your picture or video stories with songs and their lyrics. While it’s already available in most countries around the world, users from some regions are still receiving an error message.
Luckily, you can simply bypass such restrictions using a VPN. Once you connect to a server where the feature is available (such as the US or the UK), you’ll trick Instagram into thinking you’re from that country. This will let you access the feature instantly.
Continue reading to find out how to fix the “Instagram music isn’t available in your region” error with a VPN and how to choose the right one.
Fix "Instagram music isn't available in your region" with a VPN in 3 steps
- Uninstall Instagram from your device and subscribe to a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 63% OFF!
- Connect to a VPN server where Instagram music is available.
- Reinstall Instagram, log in, and enjoy the music feature!
Why is Instagram Music not available in your region?
If Instagram music is unavailable in your region, the social network has not yet obtained a licensing agreement with it.
Due to copyright laws, Meta (the company that owns Instagram) must negotiate deals for each region. Instagram music was first launched in 2018 in eight countries and expanded to South Asian and Middle East countries in 2021. It's currently available in many countries, including Australia, Lithuania, New Zealand, France, the UK, the US, Germany, Sweden, and other.
However, in some countries around the world, the feature isn't made available yet. As with most geographically imposed restrictions, you can conquer them with your trusted VPN companion, such as NordVPN. Not only will you unlock this neat Instagram functionality, but you’ll also benefit from all the privacy features the VPN provides!
How to fix 'Instagram music isn't available in your region' with a VPN: a detailed guide
The process of unlocking the Instagram music feature is quite straightforward. Here’s a clear step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Uninstall Instagram. Upon installation, this social network marks the device's geographical location, bypassing VPN IP change.
- Download a VPN from Google Play or the App Store. We recommend NordVPN, currently 63% OFF!
- Subscribe to the service and launch the VPN app.
- Connect to a server in a country where Instagram music is available.
- Download Instagram from Google Play or the App Store, log in, and that's it!
What if Instagram music is available in my region, but I still can’t use it?
There are a few glitches that can produce the error code even if Instagram music is available in your region. Here's what you can do to solve the issues:
- Update the Instagram app. The music feature is unavailable on outdated Instagram versions. Go to the App Store or Google Play, and click the Update button to download the latest Instagram version.
- Reinstall the Instagram app. Even if the app is up to date, try reinstalling it. Hold the Instagram icon on the home screen and click Delete to uninstall it. Then reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play.
- Log out and log in. Your phone's cache may have some glitch interfering with the Instagram music feature. Log out of your Instagram and log back in to fix it.
- Switch to a Personal account. Instagram may not allow your business account to add music to your stories. Go to Instagram Settings -> Account -> click Switch to Personal Account. If that doesn't fix the issue, switch to Creator Account.
- Contact Instagram support. If none of those mentioned above steps help, go to Instagram Profile -> Settings -> Help -> Report a Problem to their customer support.
How to add music to your Instagram story correctly
Instagram makes it very easy to add music to your stories, here's how to do it correctly:
- Launch Instagram, open your account, and tap the + icon in the top right corner.
- In the pop-up, select Story.
- After finishing recording or taking a picture, tap the Sticker icon.
- In the pop-up, select the Music sticker.
- Select a song you want to play with your Story.
- Select which part of the song you want to use.
How to choose a VPN to fix the "Instagram music isn't available in your region" issue
Not every VPN is suitable for fixing the issue with Instagram’s missing music feature. Here are a few things you should consider when picking a VPN for changing Instagram location:
- Huge server network. The bigger the server fleet, the better. That’s because you have more opportunities to find servers that work with Instagram and still ensure optimal speeds. Plus, if Instagram bans your VPN’s IP address, you’ll have plenty of other connection choices.
- User-friendly mobile apps. Not every VPN has mobile apps, let alone intuitive ones. Make sure the mobile VPN of your choice is feature-rich and beginner-friendly.
- Advanced security measures. The VPN of your choice should provide you with advanced security measures. This includes the WireGuard protocol or its modern variations (such as NordLynx) and the unbreakable AES encryption.
Instagram music is an excellent way to make your stories more engaging. However, the feature is restricted to only several countries due to licensing agreements. And these legal intricacies take a while, so it’s hard to know when it will be available everywhere.
Luckily, you can bypass these geographical restrictions with a VPN. We found that NordVPN works seamlessly in the regions where Instagram music is available and offers comfortable smartphone apps. Until Instagram music becomes worldwide, you can use this method to enrich your stories with the finest tunes!
Why is my Instagram music not working?
Instagram music feature might not work because it’s unavailable in your region due to licensing agreements. You might also be using a Business Instagram account, which doesn’t allow adding Instagram music to your stories.
How do I fix Instagram music isn't available in my region?
You can use a VPN, such as NordVPN, to connect to a region where Instagram music is available. If the feature doesn’t work in the other region as well, try updating the app to the latest version or reinstalling it, and switch from a business account to a personal one.
How do I change my region on Instagram?
The only way to change your region on Instagram is to obtain a regional IP address. We recommend uninstalling the Instagram app, downloading a VPN like NordVPN, and connecting to a server in a chosen region. Once you reinstall Instagram, it will mark the new IP address as its new region.
Why are some songs not on Instagram music?
Due to copyright laws, Instagram does not have access to each and every song available. It has licensing agreements with Universal Music, Sony Music, and the Warner Music group and can only use a set of songs in regions they agreed upon.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked