How to Watch Stranger Things Season 4 in 2023
Fans around the world have been waiting for the fourth season of the Netflix megahit – Stranger Things. With an outstanding cast of young actors in this supernatural horror drama, it’s no surprise that this new season is so highly anticipated worldwide.
|Season 4 premiere date:||May 27, 2022|
|Watch anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
However, thinking of those sci-fi lovers that can’t enjoy this show due to geo-blocks, we have have a solution to offer too. All you need is a great streaming VPN with a large server fleet and ability to unblock multiple Netflix catalogs.
With all this in mind, we have prepared you a guide on how to use a VPN to watch Stranger Things Season 4 from anywhere. Read on and enjoy new episodes in moments.
How to watch Stranger Things season 4 with a VPN
- Choose a VPN with great streaming performance. We recommend NordVPN, now at 68% OFF!
- Download the VPN and launch the app
- Connect to a server in a country where Stranger Things is available (US, UK, etc.)
- Create or sign into your Netflix account
- Get ready to stream the new season of Stranger Things!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Stranger Things
Due to distribution rights and copyright laws, Stranger Things is available in only certain locations. But geo-blocks apply to Netflix itself too, as it is available in 190 countries, but there are a few countries where this streaming giant isn’t yet available, like China and Russia. And the attempt of accessing Netflix from those countries leads to one and only error message:
Finally, Stranger Things is Netflix-exclusive content, so you won’t find its creatures from the Upside Down on any competing streaming platform that might work in heavily-censored countries.
Nevertheless, with a streaming VPN, such as NordVPN, you can easily navigate around geo-restrictions to create a Netflix account and access libraries with Strangers Things available. Additionally, a VPN will encrypt your online data, stop the ISP from throttling your connection speed, and benefit you in even more ways.
Best VPNs to watch Stranger Things Season 4
Not all VPNs have the speed and infrastructure to give you a smooth viewing experience. We put together the top 3 VPNs for a buffer-free Stranger Things watch party, that have large server fleets, are lightning-fast, and excel in bypassing geo-blocks.
1. NordVPN - overall best VPN for streaming Stranger Things
|🖥️Servers:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|🔥Current deal:||Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE!|
Out of all the VPNs on the market, NordVPN is our top pick for streaming Stranger Things. With over 5,800 servers worldwide, you can choose from connections in 60 different countries. NordVPN can unblock multiple Netflix libraries and also let you stream on Hulu, Disney+, and more.
You won’t be annoyed with load times or buffering – this VPN has NordLynx, its proprietary protocol that delivers incredible speeds. And a SmartPlay feature will let you enjoy Stranger Things even on those devices that can’t have a VPN installed.
NordVPN can be yours, starting at $3.19 a month. While a 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to test the service before staying for long.
Read our full NordVPN review for all the great details.
2. Surfshark - blazing-fast VPN for buffer-free streaming
|🖥️Servers:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|🔥Current deal:||Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE|
A close second on our list, Surfshark is another excellent VPN to access Stranger Things anywhere. It offers over 3,200 servers in 100 countries and allows you to connect as many devices as you want. It can access Netflix libraries around the globe and also unblock Hulu, HBO Max, and much more.
You’ll never worry about buffering with this VPN, as it uses the next-gen WireGuard protocol for exceptional streaming speeds. And the SmartDNS feature will help you watch Netflix on devices that don’t initially support a VPN connection.
Finally, for just $2.30 a month, it checks the affordability box as well. But if you have any doubts, you can use a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What else does this VPN have to offer? Visit our Surfshark review to find out.
3. IPVanish - Stranger Things VPN with unlimited connection
|🖥️Servers:||2,200+ servers in 52 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS|
|🔥Current deal:||Get 75% OFF IPVanish!|
If you want high speeds and unlimited device connections, IPVanish is a good pick. This VPN has over 2,200 servers in 52 countries and also uses the speedy WireGuard protocol for great performance.
IPVanish works with Netflix and can unblock a few different libraries, including the US and UK, that, most importantly, have Stranger Things included. Apart from Netflix, this VPN will also help you enjoy BBC iPlayer, YouTube, and more in full HD.
Lastly, the starting price is as low as $2.99 a month. And you can use a 30-day money-back guarantee as a free trial!
Visit our full IPVanish review for all it has to offer.
How to watch Stranger Things from any country
No matter where you are, a VPN can help you get around geo-restrictions and start streaming. If you want to know how to watch Stranger Things Season 4 from anywhere, just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a VPN that’s great with Netflix. We recommend NordVPN
- Download the app on your device and open it
- Choose a server in a country with Stranger Things in a Netflix library (US, UK, etc.)
- Open up Netflix and sign in
- Start streaming Stranger Things 4!
How to watch Stranger Things on your devices
Whether you want to watch the new season of Stranger Things on your laptop or mobile device, it’s easy to set up your VPN. Here are a few step-by-step guides on how to watch Stranger Things Season 4 on top operating systems.
- Watch Stranger Things on PC
- Watch Stranger Things on phone
- Watch Stranger Things on streaming devices
Watch Stranger Things on PC (Windows/MacOS)
Have some spare time and want to watch Stranger Things on your PC? Follow the steps below and make it happen in seconds:
- Pick a reputable streaming VPN. NordVPN offers excellent desktop apps
- Download and open your VPN’s app on your computer
- Choose and connect to a server location that has a rich Netflix library (try US or UK)
- Open Netflix in your browser and log in
- Start streaming Season 4 of Stranger Things
Watch Stranger Things on phone (Android/iOS)
You can always enjoy Stranger Things on the go. Just download both Netflix and VPN apps to your mobile device. But here's how to set up your VPN:
- Choose a VPN that works for Netflix. NordVPN worked great for us
- In Play/App Store, download your VPN’s mobile app
- Open the app and connect to a Netflix-compatible server (try US or UK)
- Log in to the Netflix mobile app
- Click on Stranger Things and start watching season 4!
Watch Stranger Things on streaming devices
Unfortunately, only a few streaming devices can have a VPN installed directly, the rest, such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Kodi, and others do not support VPNs. Nevertheless, keep your head up, as we have a solution for you: you simply need to connect your router to a VPN.
Here’s how you can stream Stranger Things on streaming devices:
- Pick a VPN that has a large server fleet. NordVPN is the best choice for this
- Download and install the application and connect it to your Wi-Fi router
- Connect to a server in any of the countries that has Stranger Things
- Insert your streaming stick into your smart TV via the HDMI port
- Turn on your TV and search for Netflix on your streaming stick’s home screen
Why can't I watch Stranger Things on Netflix with a VPN?
Still having trouble with how to watch Stranger Things Season 4? Here are a few things to check if you’re having trouble streaming the new season.
- Clear the cache. To clear out any stored information that might give away your real location, simply clear your cache, cookies, and browser history. Once it’s cleared, reconnect to your VPN and try opening Netflix again.
- Check the app. If you’re using the Netflix mobile app, you can clear the cache and data in the app itself. To make sure it hasn’t stored your real IP address, simply go to the app settings and clear out this information. You can uninstall/reinstall the app after.
- Switch servers. Still not connecting? It might be the server. These top VPNs have thousands to choose from, so simply try another. Sometimes individual servers go down or can even get blocked by Netflix.
Where to watch Stranger Things for free
Netflix isn’t free and doesn’t offer a free trial. No matter what, you’ll need to pay for a subscription to see what’s happening in Hawkins.
Luckily, you can test out any of our VPN picks for free. With your VPN free trial, you’ll get to try all the features that make for a great streaming experience. If you want more than a few days for free, you can always take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantees.
Here’s a quick guide to VPN free trials and refund policies:
|VPN||Free Trial||Money-back guarantee|
|NordVPN||Only on Android (7 days)||30 days|
|Surfshark||Android, macOS, iOS (7 days)||30 days|
|IPVanish||Android, iOS (7 days)||30 days|
All you need to know about Stranger Things
Stranger Things continues to be one of the biggest hits ever released on Netflix. When the first part of season 4 premiered, it raked in 286.7 million streaming hours. This broke the weekend premiere record of any English-language show in Netflix history.
If you’re ready to join fans worldwide in streaming season 4, here’s everything you need to know about Stranger Things:
|Number of Seasons:||4 (with Season 5 on the way)|
|Available on:||Exclusively on Netflix|
|Netflix libraries where it’s available:||The US, UK, Germany, Australia, Lithuania, and more|
|Watch anywhere:||Get NordVPN, now 68% OFF!|
Stranger Things has become a global sensation since its premiere and the fourth season does not disappoint. To stream all the new episodes, all you need to do is log onto Netflix and start watching.
If Netflix isn’t available in your area or Stranger Things isn’t showing up in your country’s library, just connect to a reputable VPN, like NordVPN. With it, you’ll be binge-watching the whole season in no time. Not to mention other benefits that come along, like complete online security and privacy.
And what’s also great is that you can try out best VPNs for Stranger Things using a free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s even possible, that you will finish the season right before the trial ends.
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How do I watch Season 4 of Stranger Things?
You can watch Season 4 of Stranger Things on Netflix. Season 4 of this Netflix Exclusive premiered in two parts, the first installment dropping on May 27, 2022, and the second part on July 1, 2022. Seasons 1-4 of Stranger Things are available now on Netflix.
How can I watch Stranger Things 4 without Netflix?
Stranger Things 4 is exclusively available on Netflix. You need a Netflix subscription to stream the exciting new season of this hit show. If you live in a country without access to Netflix, you can use a VPN, such as NordVPN, to get around geo-restrictions and create an account.
How can I watch Netflix for free?
Netflix is not available for free. It doesn’t offer a free trial. You need to purchase a subscription to begin watching. If you need a VPN to access your favorite Netflix libraries, you can try out several premium VPNs, like NordVPN, without paying a dime through their free trial options.
When does Stranger Things Season 5 come out?
Stranger Things Season 5 has been confirmed and is currently in the works. Unfortunately, there’s no official release date yet. According to the actor who plays Will, Noah Schnapp, filming is expected to begin in May 2023.