How to watch The Apprentice UK online in 2023
The Apprentice is a popular UK reality show that holds a series of challenges for contestants to win a huge money prize. However, it’s available on BBC iPlayer only.
The 17th season of The Apprentice aired on February 5, 2023, but the platform it’s streamed on (BBC iPlayer) is accessible for UK residents only. So how can you watch it from other countries?
There’s a simple solution – using a VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer no matter where you are. All you need to do is connect to a server in the UK.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to watch The Apprentice UK from any corner of the world. We’ll also provide you with a short list of the best VPNs to do it, so keep on reading.
How to watch The Apprentice UK abroad with a VPN
- Choose a VPN with reliable UK servers. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download, install, and launch the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Head to BBC iPlayer, search for The Apprentice, and start streaming!
Why do I need a VPN to watch The Apprentice outside the UK
BBC iPlayer is the only streaming service where The Apprentice is available. But due to licensing restrictions, the platform is strictly for UK residents. If you’re in another country, all you’ll see when opening BBC iPlayer is an error message like this:
|Season 17 premiere date||5 January 2023|
|Watch anywhere||Get NordVPN, now 68% OFF!|
|Watch in the UK||BBC iPlayer|
However, you can use a VPN to get a UK IP address in a matter of seconds. All you need to do is connect to a UK location, and you’ll trick BBC iPlayer into thinking you’re in the right location! Not to mention that, with features like data encryption, VPNs give your digital security a boost too.
Best VPNs to watch The Apprentice UK
- NordVPN – best VPN for watching The Apprentice UK from anywhere
- Surfshark – budget-friendly VPN to unblock The Apprentice
- IPVanish – solid provider with reliable features
If you connect to a UK server using a VPN, you’ll be able to access BBC iPlayer and watch The Apprentice in no time.
But you should keep in mind that not all premium VPNs are capable of streaming movies and shows. Aside from excellent streaming capabilities, you should look for very low speed retention rates as well as servers in the needed location. Security shouldn’t be overlooked either.
We continuously test dozens of VPNs and their speeds, security, and streaming capabilities. After evaluating dozens of VPNs, we whittled down the list to top 3 VPNs that will help you access The Apprentice.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for watching The Apprentice UK overall
|Servers/countries:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|Free trial:||Yes, 7-days|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
NordVPN is the best VPN for watching the Apprentice UK from anywhere due to its large server fleet and excellent streaming features.
Its server fleet boasts 5,800+ powerful global servers, including over 440 in UK locations. You’ll never have any issues unblocking The Apprentice on BBC iPlayer, or pretty much any other streaming platform.
Additionally, NordVPN uses a proprietary NordLynx protocol. That’s part of the reason why it’s the fastest VPN on the market. Combine this with the unbreakable AES encryption, and you have yourself a completely private and lag-free streaming experience.
NordVPN prices begin at $3.19/month. And if you love a discount, now is the time to check out our limited NordVPN coupons for superb savings on a subscription!
Our complete NordVPN review has all the information you need.
2. Surfshark – wallet-friendly VPN to unblock The Apprentice
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Free trial:||Yes, 7-days|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥|
Surfshark is a close second on this list thanks to great speeds, reliability, and the value for your money that it ensures.
The service provides you with hundreds of servers in 4 UK locations. During our tests, Surfshark managed to access The Apprentice on BBC iPlayer without issues.
The provider is also one of the top services in the VPN speed league thanks to its massive server network and the WireGuard protocol. This makes it a top-tier provider for buffering-free streaming.
With Surfshark, you’re protected with the market-standard yet powerful AES encryption. Plus, you get to connect as many devices to a single subscription as you wish!
Surfshark prices start at a wallet-friendly $2.30/month – you can save money using our Surfshark discount codes.
Read the in-depth Surshark VPN review for more detailed information.
3. IPVanish – solid provider with reliable features
|Servers/countries:||2,200+ servers in 52 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 75% OFF IPVanish!🔥|
IPVanish is a worthy choice for anyone who needs a secure VPN to unblock content, including BBC iPlayer.
Its server fleet spans 52 countries with over 2,200 connections. Not to mention that over 100 servers are in the UK. When testing IPVanish with BBC iPlayer, we easily bypassed geo-blocks and opened up The Apprentice.
The speeds of this provider don’t fall far behind the very top services. It uses the famous WireGuard protocol, so buffering-free streaming is a given. It’s also worth noting that IPVanish provides advanced settings like NASA-grade encryption.
IPVanish subscription costs from $2.99/month with unlimited simultaneous connections included. Plus, we have great deals for you with our IPVanish coupons!
Read the IPVanish review for a deep dive into this VPN’s features.
How to watch The Apprentice on your devices via BBC iPlayer
If you have a VPN, you can watch The Apprentice from anywhere and on many different devices, be it desktop, mobile, or other.
Keep reading to find quick guides on how to set up a VPN and watch The Apprentice on desktop, mobile, and streaming devices.
Watch The Apprentice on your PC (Windows/MacOS)
Windows and Mac users will find setting up a VPN a breeze. Follow these instructions, and you’ll unblock The Apprentice in a flash:
- Set your device's location to the UK.
- Download a VPN on your computer. NordVPN is our top suggestion for this.
- Install the VPN and connect to a UK server.
- Create a new Apple ID or Google account and set your country as the UK.
- Go to BBC iPlayer and log in (or make an account).
- Unwind with The Apprentice!
Watch The Apprentice on your phone (Android/iOS)
Streaming The Apprentice on your smartphone is easy with the BBC iPlayer mobile app. Here’s how to unblock the show:
- Set the location on your phone’s app store to the UK.
- Download a mobile-friendly VPN and connect to a server in the UK. NordVPN has the best apps for iOS and Android.
- Create a new Google account or Apple ID and choose the UK as your location.
- Download the BBC iPlayer app from your phone’s app store.
- Log in and watch unblocked episodes of The Apprentice.
Watch The Apprentice on streaming devices
Most popular streaming sticks – like Roku, Kodi, and Apple TV – don’t support direct VPN installation. The same can be said of games consoles and smart TVs.
Good news – you can connect these devices to your VPN with the router method instead:
- Download a VPN with a strong fleet of UK servers. NordVPN is our top suggestion as it has over 440 servers in the UK.
- Set up the VPN and connect it to your wifi router network.
- Pick a UK server location.
- Turn on your streaming stick, games console, or smart TV and find the BBC iPlayer apps.
- Stream The Apprentice unrestricted!
If you don’t have experience with setting up a VPN on a router, read our VPN installation guide for routers to find all the instructions in detail.
Watch The Apprentice UK from any country
If you live in (or are traveling to) the US, Canada, Germany, or anywhere else outside of the UK, you need a VPN to watch The Apprentice. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to do it:
- Find a powerful VPN with UK servers. NordVPN is our top recommendation, now 68% OFF!
- Download the VPN.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Load up BBC iPlayer and search for The Apprentice
- Kick back and watch the show!
How to watch The Apprentice: You're Fired episodes
The Apprentice: You're Fired interviews candidates who have lost the competition immediately after the main show. It airs on BBC 2 in the UK after every episode of The Apprentice and is available to stream on BBC iPlayer.
If you’re not in the UK, then a VPN is the only way to see the action. You can follow this quick method:
- Pick a recommended VPN with UK servers. We suggest NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Install the VPN on your preferred device.
- Connect to a UK server location.
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and find The Apprentice: You’re Fired
- Binge through all the episodes!
Why can't I watch The Apprentice with a VPN?
If your VPN can’t unblock The Apprentice or the streaming platform blocked your VPN provider, there’s a few commonly reported issues that may be at fault:
- You connected to a server that isn’t in the UK
- Your true IP address may have been exposed
- Your web browser settings have revealed your real IP address
- Your VPN has been blocked by BBC iPlayer
Now, here are some quick fixes you can try:
- Switch your VPN server to a UK location
- Enable your VPN’s IP leak protection setting
- Use a different web browser
- Delete your cookies and clear the cache
- Contact your VPN’s customer support team
If nothing seems to help, upgrade to a better VPN, such as NordVPN, which has over 440 servers in the UK and is known as one of the best VPNs for streaming content.
How to watch The Apprentice for free
BBC iPlayer is free, but if you don’t live in the UK, you’ll need a reputable VPN with UK servers to unblock the site.
Most (if not all) free VPNs aren’t capable of bypassing geo-restrictions. They’re also a pain to use thanks to pop-up ads and banners all over their apps. Your data isn’t secure either – some free VPNs may sell user info to earn income.
Freemium VPNs are a safer and more reliable alternative. That’s because they’re free versions of premium service providers. So, while you’re getting a very limited service that may not help access The Apprentice, you could give a shot to Atlas VPN or Proton VPN.
Alternatively, you can opt for VPNs with a free trial or make use of their money-back guarantee:
- NordVPN – with a free 7-day trial for Android devices and a 30-day money-back guarantee, you get plenty of UK servers to unblock The Apprentice costs for free.
- Surfshark – stream The Apprentice UK on unlimited devices for 7 free days on iOS and Android devices. Take advantage of the month-long money-back guarantee as well.
- IPVanish – watch The Apprentice free from anywhere using a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Apprentice UK has just aired its 17th season. However, due to licensing agreements, it’s only available to watch on BBC iPlayer for UK residents.
Anyone outside of the UK can simply use VPN to unblock the show. Our top recommendation is NordVPN as it provides you with 440+ UK servers, excellent buffering-free streaming, and effortless geo-restriction bypassing.
A VPN is also useful for keeping your personal information and browsing activities completely private from anyone’s eyes, including your Internet service provider and malicious actors.
Let us know if this guide helped you access The Apprentice UK in the comments section below.
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Where can I watch The Apprentice season 17?
The Apprentice season 17 streams on BBC iPlayer. If you’re not in the UK, you can unblock the platform using a VPN, such as NordVPN. Just set it up, connect to a UK server, and create a free BBC iPlayer account from anywhere in the world!
When does the Apprentice air?
New episodes of The Apprentice are currently airing every Thursday in the UK. You can watch them (and past episodes) on BBC iPlayer online. And if you’re not in the UK, you can simply change your IP address with a VPN, such as NordVPN, and you can unblock The Apprentice from anywhere.