The Major League Baseball (MLB) World Series is one of the biggest sports events of the year that is set to begin on October 28, 2022. Unfortunately, while it’s called the World Series, you’ll find it hard to watch the championship in some countries online.
|Dates:||October 28, 2022 – November 5, 2022|
|Stream in the UK:||BT Sport|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
|Stream in the US:||ESPN, Fox via Sling TV|
Luckily, there’s an easy fix for this problem, and all you need is a VPN. A VPN will mask your actual IP address and issue a free IP address located in the US or any other country where you can watch the games, which will let you bypass all region restrictions and catch every MLB World Series game.
In this article, you’ll find out exactly how to watch the MLB World Series with a VPN from anywhere in the world. Let’s jump right in with a quick and easy step-by-step guide.
Watch MLB World Series online with a VPN
- Pick a fast and reputable VPN with reliable servers. NordVPN is our first pick – get 68% OFF
- Download and install the VPN.
- Create an account and connect to a server in the US.
- Head to the streaming platform that shows MLB World Series in the US, such as Sling TV.
- Search for MLB World Series live stream and enjoy the baseball games!
Why do you need a VPN to watch MLB World Series?
If there’s one event that baseball fans all over the world look forward to each year, it’s the MLB World Series.
American viewers, for example, can watch the World Series for free on Fox, which has the exclusive right to air the championship in the US. Fox is also available to stream on multiple streaming sites, such as Sling TV.
However, fans outside the US and some other countries aren’t as lucky. Most streaming sites are either only available in select countries or have geo-restricted the World Series. Should you attempt to access the championship, you’ll see an error page stating that the content isn’t available in your location.
Thankfully, we make our luck, and you can easily bypass the region restrictions with a top-level VPN. The VPN will change your IP address by connecting to a new server in the US. This way, the streaming platforms will think that you’re streaming from the US and unblock the World Series.
However, not all VPNs are the same. That’s why we’ll share our 3 top options that you can always count on to stream World Series.
Best VPNs to watch MLB World Series stream online
- NordVPN – the best VPN for streaming MLB World Series online
- Surfshark – affordable top-notch VPN for watching World Series
- IPVanish – excellent VPN to unblock major region-restricted sites
To unblock the World Series with VPN, you need a high-quality solution: global server networks, fast speeds for buffer-free streaming, and solid security features for safety. The VPNs above meet all of these criteria and have plenty more to offer.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for streaming MLB World Series
|Servers/Countries:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE 🔥|
The best VPN out there, NordVPN, will ensure you don’t miss a single second of the MLB World Series. It can easily bypass every major streaming site’s geo-restrictions – including Sling TV, Hulu, and fuboTV – leaving you plenty of options when it comes to where to stream World Series.
Additionally, its huge server fleet, with 1970+ servers in the US, means that you have your pick of servers. It also means that NordVPN is unbeatable speed-wise. Speaking of speed, you’ll not miss any field action thanks to its NordLynx tunneling protocol.
As for security, you get plenty of features. This includes Threat Protection, Dark Web Monitor, dedicated IP, and 256-bit AES encryption.
NordVPN is available from only $2.99/month, and you can check our exclusive NordVPN deals for even more active discounts.
To find out more, visit NordVPN review.
- Unblocks all major streaming sites
- 1970+ servers across the US
- Fast speeds
- Strong security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free plan
2. Surfshark – fast and cheap VPN for MLB World Series
|Servers/Countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 84% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Another excellent solution to stream World Series online is Surfshark. One of the cheapest VPNs in the market, Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries – with 600+ servers in 25 US cities. You’ll have no problem unblocking various platforms to stream the games and other content.
Surfshark is extremely fast, too, which is absolutely necessary if you don’t want to miss the fastballs. And you can even catch the action on multiple devices since it allows unlimited simultaneous connections.
Don’t worry about security, either. Surfshark has you covered with AES-256-GCM, private DNS and leak protection, and Camouflage Mode.
Surfshark’s packages are available from just $2.05/month. Check our available Surfshark VPN coupon codes for more attractive deals.
To learn more, visit our in-depth Surfshark VPN review.
- Top-level security
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Excellent speeds
- Great value for money
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No split-tunneling on iOS
3. IPVanish – solid VPN for MLB World Series streaming
|Servers/Countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 71% OFF IPVanish + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
IPVanish can unblock all major US (and international!) streaming sites. Its 1300+ servers in North America certainly help, too.
Additionally, you’ll have no trouble catching every bat and pitch since IPVanish takes speeds very seriously. It supports multiple tunneling protocols: WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2.
While watching the World Series, IPVanish also ensures that you stay safe with ample security features. Among them are 256-bit encryption with SHA-512 hash functions and DNS leak protection.
IPVanish is available for as little as $3.19/month. For more amazing deals, check our limited IPVanish coupons.
If you’d like to know more, check out our IPVanish review.
- 1300+ servers in North America
- Fast speeds
- WireGuard protocol available
- Unmetered connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn't work in China
Top streaming services to watch MLB World Series online
Even without cable, you can still watch the World Series online. Sling TV, DIRECTV, and more all have Fox in their channel lineups.
Here’s where you can stream the World Series online:
|Streaming services||Cost per month||Channel lineups|
|Sling TV||$35.00||Fox, ESPN, TNT|
|Hulu + Live TV||$69.99||Fox, ESPN, NFL Network|
|fuboTV||$69.99||Fox, beIN SPORTS, ESPN|
|YouTube TV||$64.99||Fox, NFL Network, ESPN|
|DIRECTV||$69.99||Fox, ESPN, TNT|
If you’re outside of the US, you’ll need a VPN to unblock these streaming sites.
How to watch MLB World Series on your device
You can watch MLB World Series online on any of your devices from anywhere in the world. A top-rated VPN for streaming sports is all you need to change your location and bypass sites’ geo-restrictions. Below, we’ll walk you through how to watch the World Series on popular devices.
How to watch MLB World Series on a smart device
You can catch all the World Series action on pretty much any smart device – including Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, Android mobile, iPad, and smart TV. The one thing you need for unrestricted access is a VPN to bypass the geo-blocks. This is how you do it:
- Pick a VPN with plenty of servers in the US. NordVPN is perfect for this.
- Download and install the VPN on your smart device. For iPhone and Android smartphones, you’ll need to download the VPN from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server in the US.
- Head over to a streaming site like Sling TV and log in. Then, search for Fox.
- Fin MLB World Series live stream and enjoy the action.
Watch MLB World Series on your streaming device
Many streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Kodi, and Apple TV don’t support VPN apps natively. However, you can still easily get around this restriction to catch a World Series game. Here’s how:
- Pick a VPN with a fleet of US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and set up the VPN on your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Ensure that the smart TV you want to use is connected to the router with a VPN.
- Search and install the Sling TV app on your smart TV.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Search for MLB World Series and start watching the World Series.
Remember that when you install the VPN on your router, you need to connect your streaming device to the same router. Otherwise, you’ll still be blocked by the region restrictions.
How to watch MLB World Series stream from any country?
You can still watch World Series online with a VPN outside of the US if you’re traveling abroad or simply don’t live in the country. Whether you’re in Canada, the UK, Australia, India, Spain, or elsewhere in the world, here’s how you can easily get in on the action:
- Download and install a VPN with a range of servers in the US. NordVPN is ideal for this.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Head to the streaming site that has Fox in its channel lineups, such as Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, or fuboTV.
- Search for Fox.
- Settle in and get ready for some heart-pumping World Series games.
Cannot access MLB World Series with a VPN?
You could be doing everything right but still find the MLB World Series restricted. In that case, you can try these quick troubleshooting solutions:
- Make sure that you’ve connected to a server in the US.
- Connect to a different server in the US.
- Enable your VPN’s leak protection. Your actual IP could be leaking.
- Clear cache and cookies as they could be exposing your real location.
- Contact your VPN’s customer support team.
How to watch MLB World Series online for free
You can stream the World Series online for free by taking advantage of streaming sites’ free trials. For instance, YouTube TV has a 14-day free trial.
Of course, you’ll still need a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions if you’re outside the US. This is where you shouldn’t skimp and opt for a free VPN. Free VPNs are bound to disappoint with their weak streaming capabilities, servers, features, and security.
Better yet, make good use of our top VPNs’ 30-day money-back guarantees. Sign up for a subscription and cancel it within 30 days if you no longer wish to use the VPN. Some providers even offer free trials. Take a look:
- NordVPN – offers a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. After that, the service costs only $2.99 per month.
- Surfshark – comes with a 7-day free trial along with a 30-day money-back warranty. When expired, the subscription will cost $2.05 monthly.
- IPVanish – you can use its 30-day money-back guarantee and pay only $3.19 per month after that.
2022 MLB World Series schedule
Below are some important dates that you want to keep in mind to ensure that you don’t miss any of the 2022 MLB World Series games:
|Game 1||October 28th|
|Game 2||October 29th|
|Game 3||October 31st|
|Game 4||November 1st|
|Game 5 (if necessary)||November 2nd|
|Game 6 (if necessary)||November 4th|
|Game 7 (if necessary)||November 5th|
The Bottom Line
The MLB World Series is the biggest championship of the year for baseball fans. However, it’s mostly only available to watch in the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia and geo-restricted in multiple other countries.
Fortunately for those outside of the US, there’s an easy solution. Use a top-rated VPN for streaming to connect to a server in the US or another country where MLB streams are available, and you can easily bypass all region restrictions. Once done, you can stream the World Series online from anywhere in the world.
Hopefully, you’ve found the answers to all your questions about how to watch MLB World Series online. If not, let us know in the comments section below, and our team members will get to your question!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How do I watch the World Series online with a VPN?
To watch the World Series online with a VPN, you first need to install a top-notch VPN like NordVPN. Then, create an account and connect to a server in the US. Next, head to a streaming platform that offers the World Series, such as Sling TV, fuboTV, and DIRECTV. Log in and enjoy the games!
Can you use MLB.TV outside the US?
Yes, you can use MLB.TV outside the US if you have a VPN to bypass its geo-blocks. Pick a VPN that unblocks MLB.TV to get a new US IP address. This will trick the platform into thinking that you’re in its broadcast region. Once done, you can access MLB.TV content from anywhere in the world.
How do you bypass blackout restrictions?
To bypass blackout restrictions, you’ll need a VPN. Choose a reliable VPN with plenty of servers around the world. We recommend NordVPN. Next, connect to a server outside of the blackout regions. Then, visit a streaming service that offers your content of choice. Log in and enjoy the action!