How to claim a NordVPN free trial
NordVPN is, without a doubt, one of the best VPNs available. Fast, consistent, reliable, and secure, it is a gold standard for VPNs all across the market. But while it’s definitely worth the cost of its subscription – there are ways you can try it for free.
There are two main options to choose from. You can either get a free 7-day trial by signing up on iOS and Android devices (and then using the VPN on any device), or just sign up for a regular subscription that includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, essentially counting as a risk-free trial.
So how do you sign up? Read on for all the information on how to claim a NordVPN free trial.
NordVPN free trial hack: quick steps
You can try NordVPN without paying a penny for 7 days by following a few simple steps.
Here’s all you need to do to get a NordVPN free trial:
- Head to the app store on your iOS or Android device
- Search for the NordVPN app and hit download
- Launch NordVPN and sign up - you won’t be charged till after 7 days
- Now you can log into NordVPN on any of your devices and try it for free for a whole week!
NordVPN 7-day free trial vs 30-day money-back guarantee – which is better?
The 7-day NordVPN free trial is technically only available on Android and iOS devices. However, when you sign up, you can log into your NordVPN account on any other device and continue using the VPN for free until the trial is up. When using the 7-day option, you still have to enter in your payment details, but you won’t be charged until the week is up.
An alternative option lets you extend this trial to a whole 30 days. Technically, it’s not a free trial, as you’ll have to pay for the product: but with a money-back guarantee, none of your money is at risk.
Simply purchase NordVPN outright: then, at any time within your first 30-days of using NordVPN, you can simply message the support team via 24/7 live chat and ask for a refund. They’ll then quickly arrange the refund and cancel your subscription.
We think this is a better way of getting the full NordVPN experience. While 7 days will give you a taste of the VPN and its functions, a whole month lets you genuinely get to grips with NordVPN, its features, apps, and usability. NordVPN knows that people prefer to use it for the long haul, that’s why its subscriptions go down in price the longer you sign up for it.
In order to get the maximum out of NordVPN’s free options, put the two options together! Just claim your 7-day free trial, then continue to use the service for 30 more days and claim a refund. Just like that, you have obtained 37 free days in total!
How to use the NordVPN money-back guarantee
If you don’t want to continue using NordVPN once the 30-day money-back guarantee is up, canceling your account and getting a full refund is easy. Just follow these quick steps.
1. Head to the NordVPN website and log in to your account.
2. Find the My Services menu and press the three dots by Change Plan.
3. Hit Cancel automatic payments and confirm the cancellation.
4. With automatic payments canceled, your VPN plan will now show that it's soon to expire.
5. Next, get in touch with NordVPN’s customer support team to get a refund and cancel your account. You can speak to NordVPN’s live chat team by pressing the bubble icon at the bottom of the screen, or just send an email.
6. Once you’ve asked for the refund, you’ll receive a cancellation confirmation, and then your refund should be processed within a few days. All done!
8 great reasons to try NordVPN
NordVPN is easily one of the best VPNs money can buy – and one of the best options to try for free. But if you’re still not sure and holding out, let’s take a look at the benefits of this premium VPN service.
- It's our top-rated VPN. We’ve conducted many tests, and NordVPN consistently comes out as one of the best options for streaming, security, speed, and customer service. A handful of other VPNs offer a similar level of quality, but NordVPN was the one that did it constantly. After all, your VPN will be used for long sessions – having a reliable option you don’t even notice is the perfect goal.
- Unblocks streaming content. Bypassing geo-restrictions and unblocking streaming sites is one of the most popular uses of a VPN. NordVPN consistently unblocks all the main sites. You can use it to access US Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other services without any problems.
- Very secure. NordVPN is one of the most secure VPNs you can get. It’s got a fleet of robust security features to keep you and your data safe, including military-grade encryption, a customizable kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, Double VPN, Onion over VPN, and more.
- Strong focus on privacy. NordVPN is based in Panama, one of the most private locations in the world. They will never hand out any of your personal information. North that any of your info is stored, NordVPN has an independently audited no-logs policy. You can even pay for your subscription in crypto.
- Good for torrenting. Torrenting is another popular use for a VPN. You’ll be pleased to hear that NordVPN has servers that are specifically optimized for torrenting, so your downloads will always be breakneck and safe.
- Great connection speeds. NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs available. Using its cutting-edge NordLynx tunneling protocol (similar to WireGuard), you can expect average download speeds of 249Mbps.
- Large server network. When it comes to servers, NordVPN has around 5100 servers in 60 different countries for you to connect to. Wherever you are in the world, you’ll be able to find a nearby server with a fast, reliable connection.
- Great apps across the board. NordVPN has excellent apps for all major platforms - Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire Stick, and browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Its apps are all intuitive, user-friendly, and easy to navigate, even if you’ve never used a VPN before.
NordVPN compared to other best VPNs with free trials
NordVPN isn’t the only VPN to offer a free trial or money-back guarantee. Let’s see how it compares to some of the other top-rated VPNs available.
|VPN||Duration of the free trial||Which apps does the trial work on?||Do you need to enter credit card details?||Money-back guarantee|
|NordVPN||7 days||Android, iOS||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
|Surfshark||7 days||Android, iOS||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
|CyberGhost||One day||All apps||No||Yes, 45-days|
|Private VPN||7 days||All apps||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
Does NordVPN offer a 30-day free trial?
No, NordVPN doesn’t offer a 30-day free trial, but it does offer a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, as well as a 7-day free trial. You can combine the two offers to get a total of 37 free days.
Can I get a NordVPN free trial without a credit card?
No, to get the NordVPN free trial, you will have to enter your credit card details. But don’t worry, you won’t be charged until 7 days have passed, so remember to cancel if you don’t want to continue using NordVPN once the trial is finished.
Can I use NordVPN’s free trial more than once?
Yes, you can get more than one NordVPN free trial, but you’ll have to use a different Android or iOS account for every free trial you sign up for. An important note: you can’t use the same account twice.
How do I cancel my NordVPN free trial?
Canceling a NordVPN free trial is easy. You just need to follow these simple steps:
1. Sign in to your Google or Apple account.
2. Head to My Subscriptions from the menu on the left side of the page.
3. Select NordVPN
4. Click Manage
5. Now just hit Cancel Subscription, and you’re all done.