Having antivirus protection is crucial as it safeguards against ransomware, keyloggers, and more. If you’re on a budget, free antivirus software is an option. It could offer effective protection beyond basic choices like Windows Defender, a free antivirus for Windows, which is not enough to protect your PC.
Our tested antivirus programs do more than just shield your system: they include real-time threat detection, strong malware defense, and extra security features like identity theft protection. However, you should know that free options have their limits. Exploring paid alternatives with trials or guarantees provides even more comprehensive protection. One such option is TotalAV antivirus, which you can try for free.
Nevertheless, having a free antivirus is better than having no antivirus at all. Our thorough tests have identified the top-performing free antivirus software that excels in security, malware defense, minimal performance impact, and could be more effective than Windows built-in options.
Top 5 best free antivirus in 2023
- TotalAV – best overall free antivirus for Windows in 2023
- Norton – feature-packed free virus protection
- Bitdefender – free PC antivirus with threat protection
- Surfshark Antivirus – versatile virus protection for all devices
- NordVPN Threat Protection – free malware prevention with a VPN
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Cyber Monday! Get TotalAV, now 84% OFF!
The best free antivirus software of 2023
Finding a high-quality antivirus with excellent malware detection rates without having to pay a penny is quite hard. However, we researched and tested various free antivirus services that we can confidently recommend.
1. TotalAV Free Antivirus – best free antivirus software for Windows in 2023
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get TotalAV, now 84% OFF!🔥|
TotalAV is one of the best free antivirus software on the market. It comes with a secure free version, versatile anti-malware features, a friendly interface, and a 30-day money-back guarantee with each paid plan.
Malware detection. TotalAV offers almost perfect protection from various malware threats. When we put the service to an in-house test, all 10 given malicious file samples were successfully blocked, showcasing a 100% malware detection success rate. During independent AV-TEST, TotalAV blocked 99.9% of widespread malware and 98.6% of zero-day threats.
Features. A free TotalAV version includes anti-malware and anti-phishing features that protect your devices from these threats, these tools were some of the best that we’ve tried out of all the antivirus software on this list. And if you opt for Pro or more extensive with a 60-day money-back guarantee, there’s real-time protection to secure you as you go and a VPN for anonymity online. There’s also an ad blocker, which, based on our tests, can block almost 100% of malicious ads – pop-ups and in-video ads included. There are also system tune-up tools that quickly and easily clear any junk files and optimize your device performance.
TotalAV has more features available that include:
- WebShield extension – blocks malicious sites
- Safe Browsing – a VPN tool to encrypt your data online
- Ransomware protection – prevents ransomware attacks
- Secure password vault – a password manager
- ID theft protection tool – monitors sensitive data and alerts about any leaks
Ease of use. TotalAV’s user experience doesn’t differ across plans, so whether you choose a completely free version or a paid plan, using the antivirus will be a breeze. It boasts an easy-to-use, intuitive interface across all supported operating systems. In addition, you’ll find all the needed features in one app, different than the likes of Norton antivirus, which requires the users to download additional apps to access parental controls and other features.
If you decide to upgrade to a premium plan, you can choose the Pro plan for $19.00/year, which offers advanced protection, such as ransomware protection. You can also check the TotalAV Total Security plan for $49.00/year, which comes with extra features, like an ad blocker and a password manager.
Find more about what TotalAV has to offer in our TotalAV review.
2. Norton 360 – free antivirus with advanced security features
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get up to 78% OFF Norton Antivirus🔥|
Norton 360 is another top-tier free antivirus software focusing on all-around online security. Unlike TotalAV, it doesn’t include a completely free virus protection version. However, there’s a free 7-day trial and an extended 60-day money-back guarantee that ensures 100% protection against viruses.
Malware detection. Norton is another excellent malware detection software. During our in-house testing, Norton proved to be efficient, successfully identifying and blocking all viruses and malware from the 10 malicious files provided. Additionally, it scored 100% in malware detection and removal during independent tests conducted by AV-TEST.
Features. Norton offers AI-powered real-time protection that prevents viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware from damaging your gadgets. It also includes quick and full system scans to identify whether there are any safety issues on your device. When we tried these scanning options, we found them to be easy on your device and very easy to navigate. Better yet, the reliability of the results was really impressive. There’s even the Norton Insight feature for suspicious files before the antivirus removes them from your device.
With Norton’s full package, you can get:
- Smart firewall – prevents unauthorized access to your device
- PC cloud backup – so you can restore your information
- Parental controls – to create rules on minor’s devices
- Password manager – credentials vault to secure your information
- VPN – encrypts your data online and prevents data leaks
- System optimization – deletes old and junk files to better your device performance
Ease of use. Norton’s user interface isn’t cluttered and boasts a clean view with all the main features visible on the main welcome screen. Most importantly, the antivirus is available on all the major OS, so you can use it on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android without any difficulties. However, just like with Bitdefender, some of the features require additional apps to be downloaded, which can be confusing for beginner users.
If you want to opt for a premium plan, Norton 360 AntiVirus Plus costs only $14.99/year with the price going up for more expensive plans.
You can learn more about Norton security in our Norton Antivirus review.
3. Bitdefender Antivirus Free – feature-packed completely free antivirus for PC
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get Bitdefender for up to 50% OFF!🔥|
Bitdefender is one of the leading providers in the category of free antivirus software that comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a free version only available to Windows users. It boasts excellent malware protection thanks to its web attack prevention, real-time protection, and add-ons, like a VPN, for all-around security.
Malware detection. Bitdefender showcased its prowess by successfully identifying all 10 threats we presented during our in-house tests. And during independent lab tests, Bitdefender has demonstrated its remarkable ability to safeguard against all types of threats, including both zero-day and older malware.
Features. Bitdefender's free version comes only with features like a Virus Scanner, real-time protection, and web attack prevention, ensuring a secure online browsing experience. While we found these features to work really well, it’s still a very limited feature package.
Other tools you can get with a premium subscription include:
- Ransomware protection – blocks ransomware attacks
- Anti-phishing tools – blocks trackers and spam
- VPN – encrypts your data online
- Password manager – secure credentials vault
- Privacy firewall – prevents unauthorized access to your device
- Optimization tools – removes old, junk, and duplicate files to optimize your device performance
- SafePay – secure browser
- Microphone and webcam protection – protects from hacking
- Profiles – customization tool with different rules
Ease of use. Bitdefender’s setup process might take some time. It can be irritating when other antivirus software, like Norton, install within seconds. But don’t let that discourage you from trying out this antivirus. You can install the free version on Windows only, but you can also use a 30-day trial on macOS, Android, and iOS. You’ll easily navigate the system due to its easy-to-use and intuitive interface.
While the free version is available to Windows users only, upgrade starts from $29.99/year.
To learn more, read our Bitdefender review.
4. Surfshark Antivirus – all-around and intuitive antivirus software
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get Surfshark Antivirus - 83% OFF + 4 months FREE!🔥|
Surfshark Antivirus is an advanced online security provider that focuses on protecting you from malware, adware, data breaches, and other threats. While there’s no unlimited free version, you do get a 7-day free trial with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 100% malware protection rate.
Malware protection. Our in-house tests show that Surfshark can catch 9 out of 10 malicious files that we challenged it with. However, the full system scan took us quite long – 25 minutes, while TotalAV completed the full scan in 6 minutes. Thus, a long wait can be quite irritating.
Features. Surfshark offers essentials, such as quick, full, file, and folder scans. Also, it includes real-time protection to monitor your device continuously for threats. And with the Surfshark One bundle, you get an excellent VPN, an ad-free search engine that focuses on user privacy. We’ve tested this VPN numerous times, and it’s one of the best you can get – it’s speedy, secure, and bypasses various geo-restrictions. However, unlike Bitdefender or TotalAV, Surfshark Antivirus is not feature-rich. It doesn’t have a vulnerability scanner or a firewall for extra malware protection.
Other features you can get with Surfshark One bundle include:
- Surfshark Search – a private and secure browser
- Data breach monitoring – alerts you if any data has leaked
- Alternative ID – generate a fake online identity and email for you to use
- Icogni – an extra tool to remove your information from data broker sites
Ease of use. Surfshark Antivirus offers a neat and minimalistic interface across supported operating systems. However, the main drawback is that this antivirus does not have a dedicated app for iOS users.
While Surfshark lacks some antivirus-specific features, this basic security will cost you $49.08/year, which is one of the lower prices on the market.
Find out more in our Surfshark Antivirus review.
5. NordVPN Threat Protection – free and effective malware protection tool
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Holiday deal! Get NordVPN Antivirus – 68% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
NordVPN Threat Protection is a great free malware security software that is a perfect fit for users looking for quick virus protection. It can keep your devices safe from most of the malware, trackers, and malicious ads for free with a 7-day Android trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee on all devices.
Malware protection. NordVPN Threat Protection isn’t a traditional antivirus program but rather a malware removal tool. Therefore, it hasn’t been tested by independent labs. However, during our in-house test, the provider managed to block 8/10 threats with a basic scan and 9/10 with a deep scan. It’s not a bad result, but it isn’t as good as other free antivirus software providers like TotalAV.
Features. NordVPN Threat Protection doesn’t have malware scans like Bitdefender or other traditional antivirus programs. However, the Complete plan includes everything you need for a malware-free surf online – malware protection, an ad blocker, a market-leading VPN that's very easy to use and offers excellent data protection for secure browsing, a password manager, and a data breach scanner. While cheaper plans involve fewer features, they still cover security on all fronts.
Ease of use. Regarding compatibility, only Windows and macOS users can get a full-fledged Threat Protection feature. Meanwhile, there’s a Threat Protection Lite for Android, iOS, and Linux users, which doesn’t scan downloaded files for malware or block trackers. Overall, NordVPN’s app is intuitive and user-friendly, so you won’t have difficulties using it.
If you decide to continue using the services after the free trial, Threat Protection will cost you $3.19/month.
Read more about this product in our NordVPN Threat Protection review.
6. Avira Free Security – best antivirus for Apple users
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get 1 year of Avira at 65% OFF!🔥|
Avira Free Security is among the top free antivirus software providers. It boasts an exceptionally user-friendly interface, a free VPN, and can block malware at a 100% success rate. Most importantly, you can get that result by using Avira’s completely free version or while trying it out with an extended 60-day money-back guarantee.
Malware protection. During independent lab tests, Avira achieved the highest grade score for both Windows and macOS protection. On macOS, the antivirus blocked 99.3% of threats, while on Windows – 100%. Our in-house tests challenged the program with 10 malicious file samples, and Avira caught 9 of them. Beware that full system scans can be slightly heavier on resources as it took us around 35mins, but caught 90% of malware threats.
Features. While Avira Free Security is a versatile plan, it still has some drawbacks. It only offers protection for one device, lacks web protection, and excludes customer support. However, the free version even offers a VPN with 500MB per month, we found this data cap limiting, but if you only use it for browsing online, it might be enough. However, it won’t work for activities like streaming or torrenting.. Also, it includes an antivirus scan that secures you from threats like ransomware, adware, etc.
Other features you can get with Avira include:
- Real-time protection – blocks malware in real-time
- Quarantine – secure holding location for infected files
- Firewall – blocks unauthorized access
- Software updater – scans the device for outdated apps
Ease of use. You can use the free Avira version on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It’s one of the best free antivirus for PC that's also very intuitive, so you won’t have any difficulties setting it up or simply using it.
Avira is a top choice if you need a free and feature-rich antivirus with real-time protection and a 100% success rate in removing malware. However, Pro, Internet Security, or Prime plans include web and email protection or software and driver update, starting at $15.99/year.
You can find all features that this software has to offer in our Avira Antivirus review.
7. ESET NOD32 – multi-platform free antivirus
|Platforms:||Windows, Linux, macOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥Cyber Monday! Get ESET, save up to 15%🔥|
ESET NOD32 is among the top free antivirus software because of its 100% malware detection rate. Besides, its single license activates products for different operating systems. While it lacks a completely free version, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee for advanced security plans.
Malware protection. Our in-house tests showed excellent 100% malware detection rates. During independent testing, ESET scored a whopping 100% regarding widespread malware detection rates. As for the zero-day threats, it managed to reach 98.6%.
Features. Its month-long trial allows users to test premium ESET features. The suite includes a quick, full, custom, or removable drive scan. There’s also real-time protection to keep you safe from threats as you go. Additionally, it’s possible to enable web filters that help steer clear of phishing and malware websites – we found that the web filters work really well and allow a lot of customization.
Other ESET NOD32 features:
- Ransomware protection – prevent ransomware threats
- Secure browser – allows safe browsing and banking online
- Anti-theft – tools to prevent device theft
- Password manager – secure credentials vault
Ease of use. ESET offers a clean and uncluttered interface with a straightforward menu on the left side. It’s intuitive, easy to use, and minimalistic. However, one of the main drawbacks of this provider is that it only supports Windows, macOS, and Android. So, iOS users should look for alternatives, like TotalAV.
While ESET doesn’t have a completely free version, each plan allows you to use premium features with 30 days of a free trial. However, you can extend this term to 6 months because each successfully invited member gives you an extra free month. After that, the pricing of ESET antivirus starts from $49.99/year.
For more information, check out our detailed ESET antivirus review.
Other free antivirus programs we tested
After thoroughly evaluating more than 10 free antivirus software options, we handpicked the top performers that offer a completely free option or at least a trial to test it out. Alongside free trials or versions, providers come with feature-rich suites and exceptional malware protection. There were a few additional free antivirus providers that you can check out:
- McAfee Plus trial: without a doubt, McAfee is one of the most reliable security providers on the market. Although it doesn’t have a free version to offer, the 1 month-long free trial allows you to protect up to 5 devices at a time, and the app works with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android gadgets. You can use all the premium features, including antivirus, firewall, web protection, VPN, password manager, robust ID theft protection, and more.
- Malwarebytes Free antivirus: this antivirus offers a completely free version for PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone devices. However, PC and Mac owners can only use the free version to clean already infected devices. On the contrary, smartphone users get an ad blocker, app privacy audit, text message filtering, and malware removal.
How we selected and tested these free antivirus software
We assess antivirus programs based on their ability to detect malware, their features, ease of use, compatibility, and the availability of free versions, trials, or money-back guarantees. These criteria form the basis for our evaluations of each selected antivirus program.
However, not every free antivirus is trustworthy or effective. That’s why we carefully identified whether the provider can scan for malware without impacting performance, effectiveness of malware protection, and if using the antivirus won’t be a puzzling task:
|Independent lab tests:||At least 80% malware detection and protection rate|
|Free option:||Free trial, free version, money-back guarantee|
|Compatibility:||Intuitive and easy-to-use apps for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS|
- In-house tests. We conduct meticulous in-house tests, where we evaluate and select providers. This enables us to compare the results with independent laboratory tests and curate a list of only the most efficient free antivirus solutions.
- Independent lab tests. Since free antiviruses don’t have much to offer aside from basic security, it’s best to opt for services that guarantee excellent malware detection rates. That’s why we researched independent lab tests, such as those of AV-TEST and Virus Bulletin.
- Performance impact. We selected antivirus providers that have the least impact on your device's performance, so you can use the antivirus and perform tasks on the device without any latencies.
- Features. We looked at what features free antiviruses include. While you shouldn’t expect a big feature array, you should at least get some features. This could be real-time or ransomware protection.
- Compatibility. We made sure that the services we included in the list are compatible with many different operating systems.
- Usability. We only included apps that are easy to get the hang of for beginners. We also made sure to provide you with free services that don’t clog the app with constant pop-ups urging you to upgrade.
- Free version or trial. We made sure that all listed providers offer a free service. This means either a completely free version, a free trial, or a money-back guarantee. For example, we included Norton, which doesn’t have a fully free version but offers a month-long money-back guarantee to test it.
Comparison of the best free antivirus software
If you feel overwhelmed with the amount of information found about free antivirus software, this comparison table with all the key aspects will help you out:
|TotalAV Free Antivirus||Norton 360||Bitdefender Antivirus Free||Surfshark Antvirus||NordVPN Threat Protection||Avira Free Security||ESET NOD32|
|Firewall||Paid-only||No (only with a free trial)||No (only with a free trial)||No||No||Paid-only||No (only with a free trial)|
|Real-time protection||Paid||Available with the free trial||Available with the free trial||Available with the free trial||No||Free||Available with the free trial|
|Review||TotalAV review||Norton review||Bitdefender review||Surfshark AV review||NordVPN review||Avira review||ESET review|
How to choose the best free antivirus
There are not a lot of things to consider when choosing a free antivirus tool because they’re usually pretty limited. However, here are the main things to keep in mind when searching for the best free antivirus available.
Here’s what each factor mean when choosing the right free antivirus program:
- Decide your needs. Before selecting an antivirus provider, deem what use you need to get out of it. Whether you’re looking for basic protection, intending to purchase an antivirus with a VPN tool to secure your browsing experience or wish for a full package with IF theft prevention tools and a password manager.
- Malware detection rates. When selecting your antivirus, check how well the software detects malware threats. You can find such results on independent lab test pages, like AV-Test or AV-comparatives. The better the results, the better protection the antivirus software offers.
- Performance impact. Choose a free antivirus program that will not require too many device resources. That means that while you’re running a virus scan, you can still use your device without overheating it or lagging its performance.
- Compatibility with your device. Not all antivirus are universally good with all different OS. Some are more fit to work with Windows, while others work best as mobile antivirus. Therefore, before getting your antivirus software, ensure it is compatible with your device and OS.
- Extra features. Completely free antiviruses aren’t extensive in terms of features. However, premium antivirus software’s free trials or versions often include additional perks. Look for antivirus software that has real-time protection, password manager, web protection, and more.
- Real-time protection. With free antiviruses, real-time protection isn’t a given. However, it’s advantageous, considering it monitors for malware round-the-clock. So if a free antivirus offers this feature, consider it a huge plus.
- Customer support. In case of any issues with your antivirus provider, make sure that customer support channels are available to contact professional agents for help. We recommend looking for 24/7 support options, like live chat or email support.
Free antivirus vs paid antivirus
While free antivirus can protect from already known malware threats, they will not help against new and zero-day virus detections and removal. On the other hand, premium antivirus software offers robust protection from both known and zero-day threats targetting your data and device.
|Features and functionalities||Free version||Premium version|
|Real-time protection||❌ Mostly unavailable||✅ Available|
|Web protection||❌ Mostly unavailable||✅ Available|
|Built-in VPN||❌ Mostly unavailable||✅ Mostly available|
|Operating systems||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS||All available OS and browser extensions|
There are good free antiviruses like TotalAV, Norton, or Bitdefender, but premium programs constantly protect your device from online threats as you’re browsing the web. Moreover, paid quality antivirus programs offer many useful features that boost your online experience and safety. For example, they come with in-built VPNs, password managers, or various browser extensions that can be of great use for beginners and advanced users.
Meanwhile, reputable free antivirus software can be enough. Free versions or trials of paid antivirus providers use advanced technologies to protect you from malicious threats. They also include real-time protection, which safeguards you from phishing and ransomware attacks. While paid antiviruses are richer in features, free providers, like TotalAV, can do the job if chosen wisely.
Do I need antivirus software if I have a Windows Defender?
Yes, you need to use antivirus software even though you have a Windows Defender because it’s more secure and includes better malware protection. Windows Defender is a pre-installed antivirus software that offers only basic malware protection, unlike free antivirus software. While Windows Defender provides a lightweight solution and integrates well with Windows devices, it’s highly recommended to use antivirus software for extra protection.
The limitations of Windows Defender include its basic feature set, vulnerability to zero-day attacks, limited customizability, lower malware detection rates compared to third-party options, and the lack of additional security layers.
Meanwhile, antivirus software providers are more versatile and secure than free antivirus providers. Paid programs offer advanced features, better protection against emerging threats, malicious threats or malicious software, customization options, and additional security layers like firewalls and secure browsing. However, free antivirus software lacks versatile features but still adds an additional layer of security to your Windows device.
Choosing between Windows Defender and antivirus software depends on personal preferences and the desired level of security. While Windows Defender suits most users, those seeking advanced features or enhanced protection may benefit from using additional antivirus software.
Risks of using a free antivirus
Whenever you choose the service that comes for free, there’s always something you gotta sacrifice. It’s no secret that there are also some potential threats in using a free antivirus suite.
First of all, some free antivirus programs can be viruses themselves. If you find a less popular free-of-cost service and can’t find any reliable and extensive reviews about it, it’s most likely that the app is a scam. Hence, we suggest you choose a free antivirus from our recommended list, as they all have been thoroughly tested.
Another thing to consider is how limited the free version can be. As each security feature that a robust antivirus has adds up to a better protection layer, not having some of them, like a firewall, can lead to higher risks of getting infected with malware.
Finally, free antivirus versions usually protect only one device at a time. Consequently, your other home gadgets are left unprotected and are easily accessible to a hacker. So, although the free antivirus is a seemingly budget-friendly option, premium antivirus, like TotalAV, ensures long-time protection against various threats for all your devices.
Video review: best free antivirus in 2023
Join us in a video guide as we break down the pros and cons of each free antivirus program, guiding you towards the perfect choice to ensure your digital life remains secure in the face of evolving cyber threats:
Is it worth paying for an antivirus?
Yes, paying for an antivirus is worth it because it offers strong security online and a risk-free experience online. By choosing paid antivirus software, you gain access to additional features and prestigious customer support that is able to solve your issues 24/7.
Paid antivirus options offer a range of features, including webcam protection, identity theft protection, password managers, VPNs, and even child protection features for age-inappropriate websites. For a comprehensive experience with these features, TotalAV is a recommended option.
As for customer support, you can definitely receive better service with a paid antivirus in most cases. You see, most providers don’t include human assistance options for free users, such as live chat or email. All that you can do is depend on the FAQs on their website. But, if you decide to invest in an antivirus, depending on which one you choose, you can receive 24/7 live chat, email, and phone support. In fact, such services as Norton and Bitdefender provide all of these options.
Overall, whether you should get a paid antivirus depends on the level of security and comfort you want to receive. A free plan is great for basic protection. But, if you want to ensure top-notch security, get additional freebies, and quality customer support, then you should consider looking into our best antivirus services.
Best free antivirus software is a great way to add a layer of security to your device, be it Windows, macOS, or others. While paid antivirus software offers versatile feature suites and is more recommended, free antivirus software can detect and remove malware, viruses, and other online threats at high rates. So, if you’re deciding what type of antivirus to select, we recommend starting with a versatile free antivirus provider.
Based on our extensive testing, we recommend TotalAV as the best free antivirus software. This provider comes with unmatched malware blocking, versatile features, like a VPN or password manager, a secure free version, and a 30-day money-back guarantee with each plan, making it the top provider that’ll cost you nothing.
More antivirus guides from Cybernews:
Is it safe to use a free antivirus?
Yes, it's safe to use a free antivirus if you're sticking with respectable antivirus suite providers. Usually, it will just be a bit limited when compared to the paid version, but you'll feel safe using it.
What is the best free antivirus in 2023?
As of today, the best free antivirus is TotalAV. This software offers excellent malware detection rates and a few essentials included.
Is free antivirus enough for my computer?
Free antivirus software can be enough for basic protection only. That’s because they don’t include many extra or advanced security features. However, if you simply want to remove malware, free antiviruses usually have the same malware detection results as paid ones.
Is there a 100% free antivirus?
Yes, TotalAV is a 100% free antivirus program for basic security from malware. It offers excellent malware detection rates as well as a Safe Site extension that blocks harmful URLs.
Why should I use a free antivirus instead of Windows Defender?
You should use a free antivirus instead of relying solely on Windows Defender because free antivirus software often provides a broader range of features and protection compared to Windows Defender. It offers additional layers of security, real-time threat detection, and more malware databases. Additionally, third-party antivirus software like TotalAV usually has better detection rates and may provide enhanced protection against various threats.
Are free antivirus any good?
Yes, free antiviruses are good. Even though they may lack some features, free antivirus programs, like TotalAV, have high malware protection rates, include extra features, and are compatible with major operating systems such as iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS for extra security.