Disney Plus VPN not working: easy fixes in 2023
Streaming platforms can't block VPNs directly, but they can identify and block suspicious IP addresses. Disney Plus, a popular platform, may not function due to IP address blocking or browser-related problems. Thankfully, there are simple solutions to resolve Disney Plus VPN issues.
In this article, we will explore the common reasons why Disney Plus may not work with your VPN and provide 7 easy fixes to help you enjoy seamless streaming. Additionally, you’ll find the best VPN services VPN that consistently succeed in overcoming these challenges, ensuring uninterrupted access to Disney Plus from anywhere in the world.
What to do if Disney Plus is not working with a VPN
- Get a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 69% OFF!
- Connect to a server in the US or another country which content you want to access on Disney Plus
- Login to Disney Plus on your device
- Start watching Disney Plus!
Why is Disney Plus not working with a VPN
There are several reasons behind the Disney Plus VPN not working. You may bump into an error message because of your actual IP address leaking or due to the VPN servers being already blocked by Disney+.
Here are all the possible reasons why is Disney Plus VPN not working:
- Your actual IP address is leaking. It can happen because you haven’t enabled leak protection features on your VPN, such as a kill switch.
- The VPN server’s IP is already blocked by Disney+. If the VPN doesn’t renew its servers, it may happen that Disney Plus has already identified and blocked them. Therefore, you bump into an error message.
- VPN is unable to bypass geo-restrictions. Streaming VPNs are usually capable of bypassing regional restrictions on sites such as Disney Plus. For example, if you opted for a completely free VPN, it may be unable to bypass geo-restrictions due to tiny server fleets.
- Slow speeds. An error message may return due to the VPN slowing down speeds. Therefore, the site may be unavailable or simply unresponsive.
VPNs that will work with Disney Plus
- NordVPN is the best Disney+ VPN with a large 5,900+ server network spanning 60 countries. Enjoy fast and secure streaming, easily change your IP address, and watch your favorite shows hassle-free.
- Surfshark offers a great quality-to-price ratio with 3,200+ servers in 100 countries. Unblock Disney Plus, bypass geo-restrictions, and safeguard your actual IP address with leak protection features.
- IPVanish is an affordable and reliable VPN for Disney Plus. Access its 2,200+ servers across 52 countries for speedy and safe streaming, addressing any potential Disney Plus errors.
Disney Plus VPN not working: 7 steps to fix it
While there’s always a technical shenanigan that may cause Disney+ VPN issues, you can take these 7 easy steps to fix it.
1. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
Clearing the browser’s cache and cookies ensure a clean browsing experience and may resolve any VPN-related issues. Over time, your browser accumulates cookies that can give away your actual location to the VPN. And therefore, cause Disney Plus issues.
2. Connect to a different server
Switching to a different server can provide a more stable and reliable connection to Disney+. Sometimes, the server you're currently connected to may experience high traffic or technical difficulties. Or Disney Plus may have already blocked the IP address of your chosen server.
3. Enable leak protection features
Trustworthy VPNs often offer additional security features like DNS leak protection, or a kill switch. Enabling these features helps prevent any potential leaks of your IP address or DNS requests. Hence, providing you with an anonymous and uninterrupted Disney+ streaming experience.
4. Use another browser
If you're experiencing issues with your current browser, trying an alternative browser can help troubleshoot and determine whether the problem lies with the browser or the VPN connection itself.
5. Try another reliable VPN provider
If your current VPN can't access Disney+, you should switch to a different VPN service. For instance, if you use a completely free VPN service, its limited server network or inability to bypass geo-restrictions might cause the VPN's failure to unblock Disney Plus.
Consequently, opting for a reputable VPN service such as NordVPN has been proven to be successful in such situations. This VPN has a large x+ server fleet across x countries, it unblocks major streaming platforms, and includes a 30-day money-back guarante to try it risk-free.
6. Switch VPN protocol
VPNs use different protocols to establish secure connections. If you're encountering connectivity problems, switching between protocols (e.g., from OpenVPN to WireGuard) within your VPN client's settings may help establish a successful connection to Disney+.
7. Contact VPN’s customer service
If you've tried the above steps and are still experiencing issues, reaching out to your VPN provider's customer support can provide personalized assistance. They can help troubleshoot the problem, offer specific recommendations, or even provide server recommendations for accessing Disney+ content.
How to fix other common Disney Plus errors
If you encounter connection issues with Disney Plus and receive an error code, we have compiled a list of common Disney+ errors and their meanings. This will help you determine whether the problem is on your end or with Disney+.
- Error code 91,92: Disney+ throttles traffic from the user’s IP address. Switching to a new server should be enough to overcome this problem.
- Error code 73: Disney+ is not available in your selected region. Changing your location should solve this error.
- Error code 14: this code indicates the incorrect password. Sometimes Disney Plus may return this error if the platform notices a VPN usage. Therefore, selecting an anonymous VPN, changing servers, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies or changing the browser itself may fix the problem.
- Error code 42, 142: connection issues with the service. To resolve this problem, try switching servers, countries, or tunneling protocols. Additionally, clearing browsing data, changing browsers, or switching to a different VPN can help overcome the issue.
- Error code 83: signifies an error occurred. Waiting for a while may resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can try changing servers or browsers to bypass the error. Restarting the device is also recommended.
- Error code 1026: there’s a problem with Disney. Simply restarting the device may fix the issue. Additionally, try changing the method of accessing Disney+ (e.g., if using an app, try using a browser, and vice versa).
The reasons behind Disney Plus VPN nor working can vary, ranging from your browser's cookies revealing your actual location to the unreliability of certain VPNs. While Disney+ can’t directly block a VPN, it can actively restrict suspicious IP addresses. For example, completely free VPNs don’t regularly update their server networks, leading to the blocking of specific IP addresses.
To make your Disney+ VPN function properly, we recommend following the steps mentioned earlier and, importantly, using a reliable VPN such as NordVPN. NordVPN offers a large 5,900+ server network in 60 countries and has a track record of successfully bypassing Disney+ issues related to VPNs.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How do I get my VPN to work with Disney Plus?
You can get your VPN to work with Disney Plus by using a reputable VPN, like NordVPN that has a large 5,900+ servers network in 60 countries. Then, try selecting a different server, or following .
Does Disney Plus ban VPN users?
Disney Plus doesn’t ban VPN users, only suspicious IP addresses. Therefore, use a trustworthy VPN, like NordVPN, that has a massive 5,900+ server fleet spanning 60 countries, so you can easily switch to another IP address.
Does Disney Plus work in Pakistan?
What VPNs does Disney Plus blacklist?
Disney Plus doesn't actively blacklist VPNs. Usually, streaming platforms block IP addresses that exhibit suspicious behavior. Disney Plus might blacklist certain IP addresses associated with your VPN if they are not regularly updated. We recommend using a reputable VPN like , with 5,900+ servers in 60 countries and the capability to bypass Disney Plus restrictions.