Although Disney Plus is only available in a select number of countries, including the US and the UK, you can still access it from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
A VPN can change your virtual location, making you appear from a different country. And while Disney+ actively blocks VPN connections, it’s not impossible to access it. We tested several VPNs, and NordVPN is one of the few that could unblock it, while many others struggled.
It’s worth noting that even if you’re from a country where Disney+ is available, content libraries differ by location. So, with the use of a VPN, you’ll be able to access the whole movie and TV show arsenal that the streaming platform has to offer.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of how to watch Disney Plus from anywhere and the best VPNs to get the job done.
How to use a VPN to watch Disney Plus
- Get a reliable VPN – We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Connect to a server in the US (or whichever country has the catalog that you wish to access on Disney Plus)
- Login to Disney Plus on your device
- Start watching Disney Plus
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney Plus?
You need a VPN for streaming Disney Plus because only people from the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and some other countries of Europe, North, Central, and South America can access the streaming platform.
The reason it’s not accessible in other countries is because it’s geo-restricted and has to comply with copyright laws. This means that if you try to get into Disney Plus from a location where the service is unavailable, you will be met with an error message.
Fortunately, leading VPN service providers can overcome these issues for you. A VPN will change your IP address and bypass geo-blocks, making Disney Plus content available for you. A VPN also provides you with a bunch of security benefits, such as data encryption and spam filters.
It’s worth noting that not all VPNs work with Disney Plus, as the platform uses technology to detect and block VPN traffic whenever possible. There are, however, a few brilliant options with large server networks that are still capable of accessing Disney Plus content libraries from anywhere in the world.
In the next section, we’ll introduce you to our top three VPN options for unblocking Disney Plus.
The best VPNs to watch Disney Plus
- NordVPN – the best VPN to watch Disney Plus. It offers a large server network, blazing fast speeds, and can unblock all of the most popular streaming platforms.
- Surfshark – VPN that offers great price to value ratio. The fast speeds ensure a buffering-free experience whether you’re watching Disney Plus or other streaming platforms.
- AtlasVPN – great VPN for various streaming services, including Disney Plus. With astounding speeds, it guarantees a solid streaming experience.
- IPVanish – high-speed VPN that allows you and your whole family to stream Disney+ on multiple devices at the same time.
- PureVPN – solid VPN for accessing Disney+ that ensures great speeds and is continuously audited.
When looking for a VPN to buy, you need to consider – is it going to offer you strong online security, will you be able to use it to enjoy high-definition streaming? And of course, can it bypass the strict Disney+ geoblocking measures?
Well, you don't have to guess: we've tested several VPNs, and picked out the options that were the best in unblocking and streaming Disney Plus.
1. NordVPN: the most reliable VPN for watching Disney Plus
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
NordVPN is a fantastic choice for anyone looking to access the full Disney Plus library from anywhere in the world. It boasts over 5500 servers in almost 59 countries, letting you enjoy most, if not all, content libraries of Disney Plus.
NordVPN is known for being super fast and comes with a variety of advanced security features. You’ll be well taken care of with premium customer support services, and you can benefit from multi-login, which means you can use the VPN on 6 devices simultaneously.
With a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try on the software for size before committing to a payment plan. Keep in mind that NordVPN coupons can give amazing discounts if you decide to purchase a subscription.
Read the full NordVPN review to learn more about its features.
- Excellent security features
- Fast connection speeds
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Multiple servers around the world
- Torrenting not supported on all servers
- Set up not super user-friendly
- High prices
2. Surfshark: the most affordable VPN for watching Disney Plus
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 95 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
With wallet-friendly prices that don’t compromise on quality, Surfshark subscriptions are great for accessing Disney Plus. You and your family can even use the service on unlimited devices simultaneously. And since there’s a free 7-day trial on top of a 30-day money-back guarantee, you basically get 37 free days.
Users can expect advanced security features and fast connection speeds at all times. Surfshark is also more than capable of unlocking most major streaming platforms, and it has over 1500 servers in Disney Plus locations. As such, it’s a wise choice for anyone looking to stream Disney Plus from anywhere in the world.
If you fancy getting a subscription, check out the exclusive Surfshark deals for great discounts.
Learn more about the provider in the detailed Surfshark VPN review.
- Competitive pricing structures
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Advanced security features
- Static IP address
- No split tunnelling available on iOS
3. AtlasVPN: good for accessing Disney Plus from anywhere
|🖥️Servers/countries:||750 servers in 37 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||Atlas VPN coupon 83% OFF|
Atlas VPN is another solid VPN choice for watching Disney Plus from anywhere. That’s because it offers affordable prices, great security, and very fast speeds. Additionally, this provider allows you to unblock Netflix, YouTube, and other streaming platforms.
Keep in mind that with a paid subscription, you get unlimited simultaneous connections, so you and your family can watch Disney+ movies on all of your devices (even if it’s at the same time).
It's also important to mention that AtlasVPN even has a free version. Even though it allows you to connect to a server in the US, it doesn’t give access to streaming-optimized servers. So, if you want the best Disney Plus experience, opt for a paid subscription.
For more information, read our Atlas VPN review.
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Free version
- Superb customer service
- Affordable prices
- WireGuard support
- No Smart DNS
- Small server fleet
4. IPVanish: feature-rich VPN for Disney Plus
|🖥️Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 63% OFF|
IPVanish is a good partner in crime for accessing Disney Plus content. And since it deals well with bypassing geo-restrictions, you will always be able to binge on Netflix and other streaming services.
This provider is capable of bringing you decent connection speeds. You can choose from over 2000 servers in 50 countries. So there should be no issues picking a good server that suits your needs.
IPVanish has a tiny downside related to its 30-day money-back guarantee. You are only able to use it after subscribing to an annual subscription. However, you can also check out discounts that you can get with IPVanish coupon codes.
Check out the full IPVanish review for more details about the provider.
- One of the cheapest providers
- Decent P2P speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Free SOCKS5 proxy
- DNS leak protection
- No application for Linux
- Doesn’t work in China
5. PureVPN: excellent VPN for streaming
|🖥️Servers/countries:||6500 servers in 78 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||PureVPN coupon 82% OFF|
With PureVPN, you will access Disney Plus and other streaming services like DAZN and BBC iPlayer without any struggles. With more than 6500 servers in 78 countries, you’ll be spoiled with access to various content libraries of Disney Plus and other platforms.
And while the speeds of PureVPN weren’t its strong side before, it got much better thanks to the WireGuard protocol. Now, you’re able to enjoy great-quality videos with no questions asked.
PureVPN offers a price as low as $1.99/month and you even get to change your mind in 31 days with its money-back guarantee or apply a PureVPN coupon for a discount.
Learn more about the provider in our PureVPN review.
- Unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Military-grade encryption
- Fantastic range of servers
- Always-on audit
- Connection issues
- No free version
How we selected and tested these VPNs
We tested dozens of different VPNs trying to access Disney Plus. And while many failed to get us into the website, some of them, such as NordVPN or Surfshark, managed to unblock the service without issues.
After picking out the providers that did manage to let us into Disney’s website, we had to base our research on several criteria:
- Speed. No one likes it when a movie starts to buffer. That’s why you need to get a fast VPN service that could boost your network connection so you could enjoy Disney Plus content stress-free.
- Streaming possibilities. Well, if you want to watch Disney Plus, it’s no surprise that having an opportunity to access more streaming sites is a benefit. That’s why we have selected only those providers that are able to unblock a myriad of different streaming platforms.
- Customer support. Whether you are a cybersecurity beginner or a hardcore IT person, there might be a moment when you desperately need help from customer support. Having the possibility to reach out to them is necessary.
- Security. We always pay attention to the type of encryption that is used. And our preferred one is AES-256. Extra security features are also essential. So, we look for split tunneling, a kill switch, and so on.
- Price. The price of a VPN can be a deciding factor when choosing the service. We always make sure that the price goes along with the quality of a product.
Disney Plus not working with a VPN? Try these fixes
Set up your VPN but still can’t access Disney Plus content? No need to panic! There are lots of potential causes and solutions. Maybe your selected VPN for streaming isn't up to the task, or maybe there's something else that you could fix yourself. If this is the message you see, it's troubleshooting time.
Here are some things you can do to fix this issue:
- Stop your IP from leaking. Chances are, your IP address is still fully visible to Disney Plus. Check your provider's leak protection settings.
- Switch to a different server. Streaming services actively hunt the IPs used by the VPNs and block them. Chances are, your server is on a blacklist – try a different one!
- Use a different VPN. If you're using one of the VPNs not featured on our list, it might be unable to bypass Disney Plus' geo-blocks. Then, it's time to upgrade.
- Clear your cookies. Cookies include all sorts of information about you, including your location. Clearing them from your device might be the solution.
- Change or disable your GPS location. Chances are, Disney Plus uses both your IP and GPS data to determine location. Disable GPS on your device, and try again.
- Try a new web browser.
None of the provided solutions worked and you still can’t access Disney+ with a VPN? It’s probably time you switch to a more reliable provider. All of our listed VPNs are more than capable of unblocking streaming sites and also offer excellent security features.
How to watch Disney Plus on your device
Disney Plus has made the process of signing up and streaming your favorite movies and shows pretty easy. However, the steps vary slightly depending on the device you use.
Firstly, choose the best VPN for your preferred device from our selected providers. Then, follow these step-by-step guides for watching Disney Plus on different devices:
- Watch Disney Plus on your PC
- Watch Disney Plus on your phone
- Watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV
- Watch Disney Plus on streaming devices
So, without further delay, let’s jump into the more detailed tutorials on how to access Disney Plus on various devices.
Watch Disney Plus on your PC (Mac and Windows)
If you’re looking to catch your favorite shows and movies on Disney Plus using a VPN for Windows or Mac, we’ve got the process outlined for you below:
- Download and install a reliable VPN onto your PC. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect a server in a Disney Plus location.
- Head to the Disney Plus website on your browser.
- Login or create an account if necessary.
- Browse the catalog, pick a show, and enjoy!
Top tip: if you’re struggling to get content to load, it’s worth clearing your cache and cookies in your browser history.
Watch Disney Plus on your phone (Android or iPhone)
Looking to watch Disney Plus with a VPN for Android or iOS? We have the instructions covered below. Just make sure you find the most matching VPN for your Android or iOS devices.
- Find and download a reputable VPN. NordVPN is the best VPN for mobile devices.
- Install the VPN on your router or on a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location.
- iPhone users can download the Disney Plus app from the App Store.
- Android users can download the Disney Plus app from the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your account, browse the catalog, and enjoy.
Top tip: The location of your app store must match the country your VPN is connected to. This can be done within your phone location settings.
Watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV
If you’d like to catch your Disney Plus favorites on your Smart TV, then we have you covered. Start with picking the most suitable VPN for your Smart TV and find further details below:
- Download and install a VPN. NordVPN is excellent for this task.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location.
- Download the Disney Plus app onto your Smart TV.
- Login to your account, browse the collection, and enjoy.
Top tip: lots of smart TVs on the market have the functionality to download a VPN app directly. Give this a go before trying out the steps outlined above.
Watch Disney Plus on streaming devices
It’s possible to watch Disney Plus on a range of streaming devices, though the process varies slightly depending on which you use. Since neither Kodi, Roku, Firestick, nor Apple TV support VPN apps, you’re going to have to install the VPN on your router.
Here's what you need to do step-by-step:
- Pick a streaming VPN. NordVPN is a great option.
- Install your chosen VPN on the wifi router.
- Connect to the server in the US or another country where Disney Plus is available.
- Plug in your streaming stick to your TV.
- Open the Disney+ app and log in to your account.
- Enjoy your favorite movies!
Countries where Disney Plus is available
Unfortunately, most parts of the world are unable to access Disney Plus content. Therefore, officially, only specific countries in North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe are able to access Disney Plus at the moment.
Here is a list of some countries where Disney Plus is available:
|North America||Canada, United States|
|Central America||Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama|
|Europe||Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK|
|South Pacific||Australia, New Zealand|
|South America||Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela, Switzerland, Uruguay|
Even though the streaming platform is planning on launching their services in more EU countries in 2022, there are still parts of the world that are left behind. Luckily, you can still enjoy popular Disney Plus shows by changing your location with a VPN.
How to watch Disney Plus outside the US
A VPN makes it possible to watch Disney Plus from anywhere in the world. It may sound too good to be true, but all you need to do is follow these four basic steps, and you can tune in to your favorite shows and movies, wherever you are:
- Find and download a VPN on your computer. We suggest NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on your device or router.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location, such as the US, Australia, the UK, or Canada (other locations are listed in the introduction of this article!)
- Open the Disney Plus app or visit the website on your browser to start streaming.
How to sign up for Disney Plus without a foreign payment method
Unfortunately, Disney Plus is interested in your actual location. Luckily, accessing its content with a VPN is a good solution. However, A VPN won’t help you out at the stage of payment.
Nevertheless, it’s still possible to spoof this so you can sign up for Disney Plus without a foreign payment method. Find an explanation below on how to do this on Android and Apple:
How to pay for a Disney Plus account from anywhere with Google Play Store
- Pick a reliable VPN for bypassing Disney Plus geo-restrictions. Give a shot for NordVPN
- Download and set up the software
- Connect to a US server
- Get a Google Play US gift card
- Create a new Google Play account
- Open the Google Play Store and log in to your new account
- Redeem the gift card
- Download the Disney Plus application from the Google Play Store and sign up
How to pay for a Disney Plus account from anywhere with Apple ID
- Pick a reliable VPN for bypassing Disney Plus geo-restrictions. Try out NordVPN as it unblocks streaming sites just great
- Download and set up the software
- Connect to a US server
- Navigate to the App Store and create a new Apple ID
- Choose the US as your country/region
- Get an App Store gift card on Amazon.com
- Log in to the App Store with your fresh US Apple ID
- Head to your Account and redeem a gift card
- Download and launch the Disney Plus application
- When you start your subscription, Apple will deduct the cost from your US gift card
- Pick a movie and enjoy!
Is it possible to stream Disney+ with a free VPN?
Technically, no, it’s not possible to stream Disney Plus with a free VPN. In fact, we wouldn’t recommend using a free VPN service at all. That’s because they’re often unreliable and unsafe. Here are some of the disadvantages of using a free VPN:
- Can’t unblock streaming services. Free VPNs don’t have streaming-optimized servers, so no matter how hard you try, you most likely won’t succeed.
- Small server fleet. Unlike paid VPNs, free ones give you a small selection of servers. And since the service is free, the servers are often overcrowded, resulting in very slow speeds.
- Data limits. Even if you do find a free VPN that unblocks Disney Plus, it’s not going to be for long. Free services include data caps, so if you use up your monthly limit, you’ll get blocked until the following month.
And these are only some of the drawbacks of a free VPN. Some of them are even known to sell user data, defeating the sole purpose of a VPN.
However, if you’re still interested in trying out a free service, who can stop you? But in that case, opt for freemium VPNs, such as Atlas VPN or Proton VPN, that are actually trustworthy. Or, if you’re just not sure whether a premium version is worth it, pick a VPN with a free trial. No instant long-term commitments – just see how it feels for free.
What can you watch on Disney Plus?
Unsurprisingly, Disney Plus shows lots of Disney content – it has a library brimming with new releases and old classics. The upcoming releases include:
- Pinocchio (Live Action) – Fall, 2022
- Ms. Marvel – June 8, 2022
- Hocus Pocus 2 – September 30, 2022
- Three Men and a Baby (remake) – TBD, 2022
- What If…? (Marvel, season 2) – TBD, 2022
It also has an enormous catalog of popular movies and shows that range from Pixar, to Marvel, and much, much more. Some popular examples include:
|The Simpsons||Mulan||Black Widow|
|Star Wars||Guardians of the Galaxy||Diary of a Female President|
|Avatar||Chip ‘n’ Dale||Thor|
|Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings||Hamilton||Frozen|
If Disney Plus is not available in your country but you’re a fan of the Star Wars and don’t want to miss out on the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi release – get a VPN. Once you install it on your device, just connect to the US server and watch it from anywhere!
Our final thoughts
Licensing restrictions and copyright laws result in geo-blocking and location-specific availability on Disney Plus. Luckily, the full catalog can still be accessed from any location if you have the right VPN installed. With a VPN, like NordVPN, you can bypass geo-blocking, change your IP address, and thus get access to the full library of movies and shows that Disney Plus has to offer.
If you’ve used a VPN to access Disney Plus then we’d love to hear from you. Please let us know how you got on in the comments section below.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Can you watch Disney Plus with a VPN?
Yes, by using a reliable and reputable VPN (like those mentioned in this article), you can watch Disney Plus content from anywhere in the world.
Is it safe and legal to use a VPN with Disney Plus?
Yes, the use of a VPN is completely legal, so you can rest easy and use one to watch Disney Plus.
How can I watch Disney Plus Korea in the US?
You can watch Disney Plus Korea by installing a VPN and changing your IP address by connecting to a server in Korea. This way you will access the Korean library of Disney Plus.
How can I get Disney Plus outside of the US?
You can access Disney Plus outside the US in any country where the service is available. You can use a VPN to connect to a Disney Plus location from anywhere in the world.
Can I watch Disney Plus in the UK with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in the UK with a VPN. However, Disney Plus is readily available in the UK already. We recommend that you check out NordVPN.
Why is Disney Plus not working with a VPN?
Disney Plus might not work with a VPN due to strict geo-blockers used by the platform. It can be solved by using a different VPN, changing your server, or doing various minor fixes.
How to change Disney+ account profile rating?
If you want to change Disney Plus account profile rating, all you have to do is find your profiles and click on “Edit profiles.” After that, select the profile you’d like to make changes to, and select “Content rating” under the “Parental controls” section. Enter your password, click “Save”, and you’re good to go!