The data brokers, like PeopleLooker, collect personal information from public records, data breaches, and other publicly available data and store it on their pages. That data becomes available to anyone online. All without your request or consent.
Fortunately, these data broker sites like PeopleLooker allow you to opt out of data collection. Additionally, after your request, they are legally required to remove any of your information stored on their sites.
However, it might be really time-consuming to contact the data brokers about your information yourself, but there are ways to quicken that process by employing Incogni, a data privacy tool. This article will answer how exactly you can do it.
Data brokers constantly harvest your sensitive user information. Your details will appear not only on PeopleLooker, but on other similar websites as well. Stop data brokers in their tracks – use Incogni to automatically remove your information from data broker databases.
What is PeopleLooker?
PeopleLooker is a people search engine that provides public information that data brokers have collected about you or other people. They collect information from public records and publicly available data. To find any of that information you need to search for a person’s name and state they are from.
Here’s what information PeopleLooker collects:
- Full names (including maiden names)
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Social media profiles
- Criminal records
- Court records
That’s quite the invasion of privacy, especially when you haven’t consented to have this data collected and then provided to anyone who looks for it.
How to opt out from PeopleLooker?
It’s worrisome how readily available your personal information is to random people. Fortunately, you can retain control over it by contacting data brokers at PeopleLooker, to opt out of data collection and storage.
Below we present you ways to opt out from PeopleLooker automatically with the help of Incogni, or manually by yourself.
Remove data automatically from PeopleLooker
Data brokers will continuously collect your data. While yes, you can request it to be removed individually, it takes a long time. There’s a better solution, which is to remove your information automatically with a data broker removal service like Incogni. And here’s how it works:
- Head over to the Incogni page and create your account. After this step, you’ll be informed how many data brokers are available.
- The next step is to grant Incogni the right to act on your behalf. These rights are very limited and you provide them by quickly scribbling down your signature.
- You’ll have to pick out your subscription plan and then you’ll be sent over to the simplistic dashboard where your current data status will be presented.
- On this Incogni dashboard, you’ll be able to track the status of your data and what information each data broker collects about you.
- Once your data has been removed from the broker site, you’ll see the request status change to “Complete”.
Want to find out more about Incogni? Read our Incogni review!
Remove data manually from PeopleLooker
You also have an option to manually remove your information from PeopleLooker. Here are the steps to do so:
- Head over to the PeopleLooker page.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Do not sell my personal information”
- You will be taken to a separate page, but don’t worry, that’s how this page works and you’re not being hacked or scammed.
- Provide your name and state for your information.
- Scroll through the results, until you’ve found your information, and click on it.
- You’ll be requested to provide your email so you can submit an opt out of PeopleLooker.
- Head over to your email to verify that you’re confirming your request and then all it takes is to wait for your data to be removed.
Your data is constantly collected without your consent. When you visit different pages online, accept cookies, or download an app, some data broker logs your personal information. That’s how data, like your full name, number, or even address, can become readily available online.
Luckily, there’re ways to remove your personal information from pages like PeopleLooker by opting out of data collection. There are a few ways to do so, but the easiest and most time efficient is by using Incogni.
After creating your account with Incogni, you leave the most difficult part to them. The agents will request in your name to opt out of PeopleLooker and will continuously contact them until all your personal information is removed from the site. This way saves you a lot of time and stress of dealing with data brokers.
What kind of personal information does PeopleLooker collect?
PeopleLooker collects publicly available information and your public records. That includes full names, phone numbers, addresses, relatives, email addresses, social media profiles, criminal records, and court records.
What is the easiest way to opt out of PeopleLooker?
The easiest way to opt out of PeopleLooker is by using Incogni. This way you only need to create an account and then Incogni takes over. Their agents contact the data brokers for you and request for your data to be removed from their sites.
Will PeopleLooker remove all my personal details after opting out?
Yes, PeopleLooker will remove all of your personal details after your opt out request is processed. They are legally required to remove your requested data and never store it again.