NordVPN is an excellent tool that can give you unlimited access to geo-blocked content. It works with Netflix and unblocks 16 Netflix libraries, including the US, the UK, Canada, Japan and others.
Its SmartPlay technology helps to bypass media streaming blocks and watch worldwide Netflix content on their Smart TVs or gaming consoles. You can choose from 5,000+ servers in 60 locations and enjoy its ultra high speeds with the revolutionary NordLynx protocol.
In this article, we'll review NordVPN's Netflix capabilities – point out the best servers to unblock Netflix, list the libraries you can access, and evaluate its other useful features for streaming.
Unblock Netflix with NordVPN – our quick guide:
Users say that NordVPN has a relatively intuitive interface which is user-friendly. But if you are still unsure how to use NordVPN for Netflix, we got you.
Here is a quick step-by-step guide showing how to access Netflix with NordVPN:
- Download NordVPN and install it on your PC or mobile device
- Choose the country in which your wanted content is shown on Netflix
- Connect to the server and open Netflix
NordVPN not working with Netflix – what to do?
While NordVPN is one of the greatest VPNs to unblock Netflix, it’s not completely immune to censorship restrictions.
Some of the servers containing a large number of simultaneous IP connections can be detected and banned. Thus, you might encounter streaming error messages preventing you from accessing Netflix movies and shows in various regions.
Here is what you can do if NordVPN doesn’t work with Netflix:
1. Try connecting to different servers
If NordVPN is not working with Netflix, you should try connecting to another server. While Netflix has a robust VPN-detection technology, NordVPN has a very large server network that can’t be completely banned that easily.
Users can choose from 5500+ servers across 60 countries. So, there will always be that one server which works wonders with Netflix.
You just need to close the browser or the Netflix app and open NordVPN. Enter the country name into the search bar and double-click to find the fastest server in that location. Re-open Netflix and you should be able to access its content.
If you still have troubles with NordVPN Netflix servers, you can try connecting to Obfuscated servers under the Specialty Servers section. They mask your VPN connection and make it look like regular HTTPS traffic, so it helps to bypass Netflix blocks.
2. Reset DNS settings to default
In some rare occasions, you might be unable to access Netflix with NordVPN if you have custom DNS settings. Our experts previously had issues with accessing the US Netflix library, but removing Cloudflare from the custom DNS address resolved the problem.
Likewise, you should try resetting your DNS settings to default. You can do so in your device’s network settings. NordVPN recommends using 18.104.22.168 as the Preferred DNS server and 22.214.171.124 as an Alternate DNS server for the best results.
3. Clear your browser’s cache
Sometimes, Netflix can be aware of your true location if it’s stored in your browser’s cache. It blocks your IP address and you won’t be able to access any Netflix libraries. Luckily, there’s an easy fix for that.
You can quickly clear the cache in the Advanced Settings on any browser, including Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and others.
For example, if you’re a Google Chrome user, open the browser and click on the three vertical dots on the upper right side of the window. Navigate to More Tools and select "Clear Browsing Data" to clear your cache.
4. Disable the CyberSec feature on NordVPN
Even though CyberSec is an excellent feature that adds an extra layer of security, it might be the reason why NordVPN is not working with Netflix. CyberSec protects your PC from malware by rerouting your traffic through DNS servers which can be more easily detected and blocked by Netflix.
You can disable this feature on the NordVPN app – press the three horizontal lines ("☰"), open the Preferences tab, and un-tick the box next to the CyberSec line.
However, we highly recommend using this security feature when not watching Netflix to keep your computer protected.
5. Get a dedicated IP address
Your IP changes whenever you connect to NordVPN, and the new IP is visible to others. There is a strong possibility that Netflix blacklisted it and you can no longer access any libraries.
If you want to avoid such problems, you can always get a dedicated IP that belongs to you only. This way it will be much harder for Netflix to prevent you from watching your favorite shows.
6. Contact customer support
None of the solutions worked? NordVPN has a 24/7 customer support option that can get you an agent within a minute. You should contact them to help you resolve any issues with Netflix right away.
Why choose NordVPN for Netflix?
NordVPN is primarily focused on delivering excellent quality services. It has multiple useful features to help you circumvent location-based content restrictions – making it a great choice for accessing worldwide Netflix libraries.
- Ultra high speed. Thanks to the revolutionary NordLynx protocol, NordVPN is widely known for its ability to provide amazing speed. You can enjoy watching your favorite Netflix shows without buffering.
- Large country selection. NordVPN unblocks 16 Netflix libraries for its users. Thus, you can access the most popular US or UK series, as well as watch more specific content, like anime. It offers a wide variety of options, so everyone can find what they like.
- SmartPlay technology. Netflix fans no longer need to be bound to their PCs when watching geo-blocked content. NordVPN’s SmartPlay technology allows users to bypass media blocks and stream their movies on smart TVs. It’s great if you want to have a get-together with friends and family!
- Dedicated IP address. Since Netflix is aware of VPN users and tries to block IP addresses sharing a vast number of simultaneous connections, NordVPN gives an option to get a dedicated IP address. This way, you can easily avoid Netflix blocks and keep accessing whatever shows you want.
- Desktop and mobile versions. NordVPN is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. You can use it on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and watch Netflix wherever you go.
- Free trial. If you want to test the product yourself, you can try NordVPN’s Netflix capabilities for 7 days free of charge. It offers a trial version for iOS and Android mobile users – you can watch your favorite shows via the Netflix app on your smartphone.
Netflix libraries that work with NordVPN
NordVPN is great for giving you access to the global Netflix libraries, such as US, Canada, Germany, Japan, UK, and others. Currently, it unblocks 16 libraries without any major troubles.
The most popular Netflix libraries which NordVPN unblocks have an impressive number of titles – especially Canada (6,162), the UK (5,954), and the US (5,879). These giants contain almost all of Netflix’s exclusive content! So, no question – you’ll find the newest movie releases and trending shows.
If you’re interested in more specific content, we have listed all Netflix libraries that work with NordVPN and the number of titles they contain:
US Netflix with NordVPN
The US Netflix library is probably the most-wanted by users from all around the world. Luckily, NordVPN has over 1,950 servers in 15 locations around the United States. It doesn’t matter where you reside, you can easily unblock US Netflix shows and movies with NordVPN in just a few minutes.
Almost all of its servers work wonders with Netflix. If you face any connectivity issues, you have a large number of different US-based servers to choose from. So, hop on another server and enjoy.
We tried accessing US libraries and it’s quite rare to receive any notifications that NordVPN is not working with Netflix. In fact, we had no troubles or buffering when watching the ‘Army of Thieves’, ‘Squid Game’, or ‘You’ in HD quality.
Best NordVPN servers to unblock Netflix
NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in 59 different locations which give users the possibility to always find the best server to watch Netflix trouble-free. It has no issues with unblocking the most popular Netflix libraries, like US, UK, or Canada.
However, the strong VPN-detection technology still exists and might cause some issues with such regions as France or India. So, you might find that some of NordVPN’s Netflix servers perform better or worse than the others.
For the best experience, we always recommend using specialty servers instead of standard ones.
Since Netflix is aware of VPN users and aims to blacklist their IP addresses, you can use obfuscated servers. They help to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN and allow you to circumvent IP blocks.
You can also use dedicated IP servers if you’ve purchased a static IP address. There will be a significantly lower chance of being blocked as these servers have less traffic.
How to use NordVPN for Netflix
NordVPN is an easy-to-use tool that can help you access global Netflix libraries in less than a few minutes. Here is a detailed guide showing how to use NordVPN for Netflix:
1. Go to the NordVPN website and click on the ‘Get NordVPN’ button
2. Pick and purchase a subscription plan. You can choose between 1-month, 1-year, and 2-year plans
3. Install NordVPN on your device. It is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux. Also, you can get a NordVPN app for Android and iOS
4. Decide, which Netflix library you want to unblock
5. Connect to a NordVPN Netflix server in that location
6. Go to Netflix via browser or the dedicated app
7. Sign in and your desired library should appear
Can I unblock Netflix with a free NordVPN's version?
NordVPN is indeed a high quality product that’s worth a subscription. However, if you want to test how it ublocks Netflix or to explore its other features – you can try NordVPN free of charge. There are two main ways you can watch your favorite shows without spending a single penny.
The company offers its customers a free 7-day trial for mobile devices. You can install the NordVPN app on iOS or Android smartphones and use it to unblock Netflix. No fees apply up to a week and you can enjoy accessing geo-blocked content wherever you go.
If you are not a fan of watching TV series on your mobile device, you can always use NordVPN’s desktop version. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee which essentially means that you can try the product risk-free. You can get a subscription and ask for a refund within 30 days whenever you like.
Does NordVPN have Netflix servers?
NordVPN has specialty servers that are very useful when watching Netflix. You can connect to obfuscated or dedicated IP servers that are excellent when trying to access geo-blocked content.
Does NordVPN work with Netflix in 2023?
Yes, NordVPN works with Netflix and successfully unblocks the most popular libraries in regions like the US, the UK, and Canada. It can help you access 16 different Netflix libraries in under a few minutes.
We have tested its capabilities and had no troubles watching shows and movies in HD quality without any buffering.
Has NordVPN stopped working with Netflix?
No, NordVPN still works with Netflix and can give users access to global libraries. However, some users report that NordVPN doesn’t work with Netflix for them, especially when accessing smaller regions, such as France or Spain.
If you have such troubles, you should try reaching out to their 24/7 customer support.