Does NordVPN work with Hulu?
NordVPN is an awesome tool that can unblock countless streaming platforms and give you access to geoblocked movies, TV shows, and other entertainment. For example, NordVPN works with Hulu seamlessly, unblocking the streaming service without any issues whatsoever.
Hulu is known for its efforts in blocking VPN usage, and sometimes you may get errors when trying to access geo-restricted content. However, NordVPN’s SmartPlay technology is designed specifically for accessing all kinds of content, including Hulu. Besides, this VPN provider offers more than 5400 servers all over the world, and ultra-fast speeds with its custom NordLynx protocol.
In this article, we’ll guide you through accessing Hulu with NordVPN, and suggest solutions for any problems that may arise. Keep on reading!
How to watch Hulu with NordVPN: a quick guide
Watching Hulu with NordVPN has never been easier. All it takes are a few clicks here and there, and you’ll have countless movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. To get you started, here’s a simple guide on how to use NordVPN to access Hulu content from anywhere:
- Install NordVPN on your device.
- Connect to a US server.
- Clear cached files from your browser.
- Go to Hulu, login, and start watching!
Hulu not working with NordVPN: what to do?
Hulu is infamous for their hard efforts against VPN usage, and sometimes, they succeed in blocking even the best providers. With NordVPN, such issues are very rare, but they do happen from time to time.
If you find yourself not being able to access Hulu while connected to NordVPN, here are some things you can try to fix the issue:
1. Try connecting to different servers
Sometimes there’s only a single IP address that gets blocked and blacklisted by Hulu. Connecting to a different server in the same city or area should do the job, and you should be able to watch Hulu once again without any issues.
Before reconnecting, close the Hulu app or tab in your browser and clear cached files. Then, open the NordVPN app, type “United States” in the search bar, and double click on it to connect to the fastest server. After that, go to Hulu again and see if it works this time.
If it’s not working, you can also try connecting to NordVPN obfuscated servers. They will hide the fact that you’re using a VPN from Hulu. You can find obfuscated servers in the Specialty servers section. Don’t forget to change your protocol to OpenVPN TCP, as obfuscated servers don’t work with Nordlynx.
2. Reset the DNS settings to default
If you have custom DNS settings, you might not be able to access Hulu with NordVPN. But such occasions are very rare, so it’s unlikely that it happened to you.
In any case, resetting the DNS to default settings might help. NordVPN suggests using 18.104.22.168 as the Preferred DNS server and 22.214.171.124 as an Alternate DNS server for the best results.
3. Clear your browser’s cache
Sometimes, your real IP address is stored in your browser’s cached files, and Hulu can see it. If that happens, it blocks access to the platform, and you won’t be able to watch Hulu no matter where you are.
A simple solution to this problem is to clear your browser’s cache. You can usually find this option in your browser settings, under the advanced settings section, or in the security and privacy settings.
If you use Google Chrome, you can press control + shift + delete, or click on the three dots in the upper right corner, go to “more tools”, and click on “clear browsing data”.
4. Disable the CyberSec feature on NordVPN
NordVPN’s CyberSec feature is an advanced ad-blocking and malware prevention technology. It adds an extra layer of security by rerouting your traffic through more secure DNS servers. However, that makes it easier for Hulu to detect and block NordVPN’s IP addresses.
If you can’t access Hulu with NordVPN, try disabling the CyberSec feature in the NordVPN app. Go to settings in the lower left corner, then go to General settings and toggle off the CyberSec feature.
However, just to be extra secure, we highly suggest keeping this feature turned on while not watching Hulu.
5. Get a dedicated IP address
Your IP address changes every time you connect to NordVPN (unless you specifically choose the same server every time you connect), and it can be seen by everyone, including Hulu, and sometimes even used by other people at the same time. There is a strong chance that Hulu has blocked it.
However, you can always get a dedicated IP address from NordVPN. This IP will belong to you only, and thus will be much harder for Hulu to detect and block.
6. Contact customer support
If not one of the solutions listed above worked and you still can’t access Hulu with NordVPN, contact customer support. NordVPN has a 24/7 customer support live chat, as well as numerous articles in their knowledge center.
Be sure to explain in as much detail as you can what the problem is, and what steps you took to tackle it. The more details you give, the easier it will be for a support agent to help you.
Why choose NordVPN to unblock Hulu?
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for unblocking all kinds of content, including streaming libraries all over the world. We strongly recommend you pick NordVPN to unblock Hulu content if you are outside the US or Japan. But if you're not yet convinced, here are some more reasons to choose NordVPN for Hulu:
- High speed. NordVPN is known as one of the fastest VPNs on the market right now. With its custom Nordlynx protocol, NordVPN delivers extremely high speeds with minimal drops. You can watch your favorite Hulu content without any buffering.
- SmartPlay technology. Designed specifically for streaming various content, NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature plays a key role in unblocking libraries of even the most stubborn streaming providers.
- Dedicated IP address. Because Hulu is fighting the VPN usage hard, they block shared IP addresses. NordVPN allows you to get a dedicated IP address, which lowers the chance of it getting blocked. You’ll be able to watch Hulu no matter what.
- Desktop and mobile apps. NordVPN is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS devices, and even some smart TVs. You’ll be able to watch Hulu on your phone, tablet, or computer with no problems.
- A lot of US server locations. NordVPN has servers in 15 cities in the United States. You’ll be able to choose an optimal location wherever you are. And if you get bored of Hulu, 5400 servers in 60 countries all over the world will give you access to other streaming libraries.
- Free trial. NordVPN’s 7-day free trial allows users to test the product before purchasing it. The free trial is available for iOS and Android, but once you’ve claimed it, you’ll be able to use the VPN on any device you want, completely free of charge.
In what countries can I watch Hulu with NordVPN?
Hulu is currently available in the United States and Japan. NordVPN is an excellent VPN for watching Hulu Japan and Hulu US because it has numerous servers in these countries.
Besides, NordVPN offers really high speeds, which greatly reduces the loading times. On top of that, the SmartPlay feature allows users to easily unblock any streaming library they want.
Can I watch Hulu with a free NordVPN's version?
Yes, you can watch Hulu with NordVPN’s free trial. NordVPN offers a 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices, so you’ll be able to watch Hulu on your phone or tablet. However, once you’ve claimed NordVPN’s free trial, you’ll be able to use the VPN on your computer or smart TV as well, because this VPN allows up to 6 simultaneous connections.
Is NordVPN good for Hulu?
Yes, NordVPN is really good for watching Hulu in both the US and Japan. It has US and Japanese servers, as well as the SmartPlay feature for unblocking geo-restricted streaming libraries. NordVPN is also fast and offers military-grade encryption as well as a 7-day free trial.
How does Hulu know I'm using a VPN?
Hulu detects VPN usage by blocking blacklisted IP addresses. If there are a lot of accounts associated with one IP address, it most likely belongs to a VPN server and therefore gets blacklisted. You can bypass these IP address blocks by getting a dedicated NordVPN IP that belongs only to you.