Does Surfshark work with Netflix?
Surfshark works with Netflix and unblocks 30 Netflix libraries. You can watch worldwide geo-blocked content wherever you are. The US, UK, Canada, and Japan – these are merely a few countries that it unblocks. There are so many more!
Also, Surfshark's SmartDNS feature allows you to stream any movie on your Smart TV or gaming console. The revolutionary WireGuard protocol ensures smooth Netflix marathons – no buffering and high download speeds. This VPN is perfect for cozy movie get-togethers with your friends and family.
In this article, we’ll go over Surfshark’s Netflix capabilities: you'll find the list of libraries it unblocks, see how many titles you can access, and find out about its other useful features for streaming.
Unblock Netflix with Surfshark – a quick guide:
- Download Surfshark and install it on your PC or smartphone
- Decide which Netflix library you want to access
- Select that country and connect to the server
- Open Netflix and sign in
- Watch your favorite TV shows and movies!
Surfshark is not working with Netflix: what to do?
Surfshark is an excellent VPN service for Netflix users but it’s not completely immune to a periodic streaming or proxy error. It happens rarely and, in most cases, such problems are quickly resolved without the need of the user's intervention.
However, if Surfshark is not working with Netflix, you should:
- Clear the cache. Sometimes, the information stored in your browser is exposing your real IP address, thus activating Netflix’s anti-VPN technology. Google Chrome users should click on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner of the window. Then, go to More Tools and select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Select other servers. If you’re still unable to access Netflix, you should try connecting to a different server. Keep in mind that Surfshark has dedicated streaming servers that are exclusively allocated to help users access geo-blocked content – try them.
- Change DNS servers. If none of the servers work, there might be a connection issue between your device and Netflix servers. In this case, you should manually change the DNS servers on your computer. Even though every device is different, you can usually find the DNS settings under the Wifi/Ethernet section in Network settings. Use 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 servers to fix this Netflix error.
- Ask customer support for help. If none of the provided solutions work, you can always contact Surfshark’s customer support – it’s available 24/7. They have a live chat as well as a dedicated support email.
Why choose Surfshark VPN for Netflix?
Surfshark’s Netflix aptitude is truly amazing, making it an excellent choice for those long Netflix marathons with your friends. Here are a few perks that it offers:
- Servers and locations. Surfshark VPN has 3,200+ servers in 65 countries and unblocks 30 Netflix libraries. Users can easily watch the US, the UK, Canadian, Japanese, and other most-wanted Netflix libraries. Apart from that, it also has multiple dedicated streaming servers to help you access geo-blocked content on other platforms, like BBC iPlayer.
- Streaming features. Another reason to choose Surfshark – its SmartDNS feature. It gives users the possibility to watch Netflix on devices that don’t support VPNs. Thus, you can stream ‘Squid Game’ or other popular series on Smart TVs and have the best Netflix marathons with your friends.
- Speed. It uses the fastest tunneling protocol available today – WireGuard. You can be sure that there will be no buffering or poor video quality when streaming any Netflix library, as its download speeds are amazing.
- Compatibility. With Surfshark, you can watch movies on the go since it supports both mobile and desktop devices. You can not only install it on Windows, macOS, or Linux, but also on iOS and Android gadgets and access geo-blocked content from anywhere. It supports unlimited simultaneous connections, so use it on as many devices as you need!
- Customer support. While this VPN is user-friendly and rarely raises any issues, users have the opportunity to get 24/7 help whenever needed. Its customer support page has useful how-to guides and a live chat option where you can get an agent within a minute. Also, there’s an option to get email support.
Which Netflix libraries work with Surfshark?
The list of Surfshark’s Netflix libraries is massive – it gives you access to 30 different libraries, to be exact. You can easily unblock the most popular ones, like the US, the UK, Japan, and Canada within a few seconds.
If the list of countries seems already long, just imagine how many titles each of them contain. Currently, the US Netflix has the largest available selection of 5,879 movies and TV shows. Thus, there’s no wonder why it’s so popular. However, other countries also have an impressive number of TV series you can enjoy.
Here is the list of top 10 libraries with the biggest fleets of titles that Surfshark unblocks:
Apart from enjoying bigger libraries, you can also watch smaller and less popular ones: for example, South Korea offers over 4,000 different streaming content. This Netflix VPN gives access to a wide range of countries to help everyone find what they’re looking for – from Swiss movies to Turkish TV drama series.
The remaining Surfshark’s Netflix libraries include: France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, South Korea, Turkey, Singapore, Poland, Israel, Chile, Colombia, Greece, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Argentina, Finland, Mexico, Thailand, Taiwan, and Romania.
Can I unblock Netflix with a free Surfshark's version?
Yes, you can indeed unblock Netflix with a free 7-day trial version. Check out our guide which shows how to get Surfshark's free trial and try the product on iOS and Android devices with no charge.
The free version has almost all the features as the premium one and can be used for a whole week to access worldwide Netflix libraries without spending a single penny.
Additionally, you can also enjoy the perks of the 30-day money-back guarantee policy. While you still need to purchase a subscription plan to use the VPN for Netflix, you can always redeem your money within a month.
It’s also nice to know that Surfshark is one of the best VPNs for accessing geo-blocked content at affordable prices. Its subscription plans are wallet-friendly and definitely worth investing if you’re a big Netflix fan with an interest in global libraries.
Is Surfshark VPN good for Netflix?
Surfshark is an excellent Netflix VPN that gives access to 30 Netflix libraries. You can enjoy any TV show or movie you like despite location-based restrictions. Also, it helps to bypass streaming media blocks and allows you to watch Netflix on Smart TVs or gaming consoles.
Does Surfshark work with Japanese Netflix?
Yes, Surfshark unblocks Japanese Netflix among many other popular Netflix libraries. Additionally, it has over 3,000 servers and some of them are located in Japan – you can always find the best one and enjoy a seamless Netflix streaming experience.