Surfshark is one of the top VPN providers, which is fast, easy to use, secure, and doesn’t limit the number of devices on an account.
In addition to the low price that Surfshark offers, trying out its product for free can also be convenient. Thankfully, there is a way to do so.
There are two possible options to get a free Surfshark trial. One of them is signing up on iOS or Android devices and receiving a 7-day trial. As for another option, you would need to sign up for a regular Surfshark subscription that includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, which also puts the risk away from your wallet.
Want to find out how to sign up for a free trial? Just scroll down and let us guide you through.
Surfshark free trial hack: Quick steps
- Open the app store on your iOS or Android device
- Look for the VPN Surfshark app and download it
- Run the Surfshark application and sign up - they don’t charge you till after 7 days
- After confirming the subscription, you can start enjoying the Surfshark services for free!
Surfshark 7-day free trial vs 30-day money-back guarantee - which is better?
A 7-day free Surfshark trial is only available while signing up on iOS or Android devices. However, right after signing up, you may keep testing the product on other devices as well. Even though it is a free trial, you would still have to fill in your payment details. But there is no need to worry about this because Surfshark will not charge without notifying you.
Speaking of a 30-day money-back guarantee, it is important to note that you would get charged right after signing up. The amount of the charge depends on the plan that you choose.
Sooth to say, it seems that this option doesn’t count as a free trial. Yet, a money-back guarantee brings no risk as long as you ask for the refund till after 30 days pass by. So keep an eye on that!
In case you miss the day of the subscription cancellation for a 7-day trial, there is no need to start worrying about your wallet. Though you already had a one-week trial, you are still eligible for a refund within a month after getting charged. So, to sum everything up, you would have a 37-day free trial. Sounds good, hm?
By combining these two trials together, you can get a full VPN experience – at no cost.
A 7-day Surfshark free trial with no charges on your credit card sounds like the safest option. But an additional 30 days allows you more time to get to know the product: giving you unrestricted streaming and secure browsing, wherever you are. Overall, one month of experience with the subscription can bring you important insights which can help you make a final decision.
How to use the Surfshark VPN money-back guarantee
If a month of a free Surfshark trial did not impress you, we can assure you that there is an easy way to get your money back. Follow the steps below and see how it works.
1. Head to Surfshark’s VPN website and click Help on the top menu.
2. Scroll down and hit Send us an email
3. Fill in your email address. Add a Subject type in Billing. In the Description box, point out that you’d like to cancel your subscription and get a refund.
4. Click Submit, and Surfshark will contact you within 24 hours. They will confirm your refund, and that’s it, you are all done!
Top reasons why you should try Surfshark
Surfshark is an excellent VPN – if you're still on the fence whether you should try it or not, here are some of the reasons to give it a shot.
- Broad server network. Surfshark currently offers 3200+ servers in 100+ countries. Are they planning to stop there? No! These numbers are continuously increasing. This guarantees you a secure network all around the world.
- Unlimited device support. Surfshark covers all your needs. Either it is a desktop device for your work or a game console for your joy, every device of yours will be protected under only one Surfshark account.
- Excellent for torrenting. Simple to use, secure, and fast - that’s Surfshark VPN. It supports torrent downloads on all of their 3200+ P2P servers, and they run on RAM, thus, any stored data is automatically wiped right after the server shuts down. Also, with them, your security is trusted for AES-256 encryption - currently the strongest cipher.
- Assured privacy. Surfshark is based in the British Virgin Islands, which allows them to keep its VPN logs-free. They took care of your privacy by choosing a country of jurisdiction that allows not collecting logs.
- Competent streaming VPN. Surfshark makes sure its servers are optimized depending on the number of people connected to them. A higher server bandwidth per user prevents overcrowding of VPN servers. So, there are low chances to come across a slow server. There’s also Smart DNS, letting you set up Surfshark even on devices that don’t support VPNs. Curious about Netflix possibilities? Surfshark unblocks 30 different worldwide Netflix libraries – all you have to do is enjoy.
Surfshark compared to other best VPNs with free trials
|VPN||Duration of the free trial||Which apps does the trial work on?||Do you need to enter credit card details?||Money-back guarantee|
|Surfshark||7 days||Android, iOS||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
|NordVPN||7 days||Android, iOS||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
|VyprVPN||3 days||Android, iOS||Yes||Yes, 30-days|
|PrivateVPN||7 days||Android, iOS||No||Yes, 30-days|
|IPVanish||7 days||iOS||No||Yes, 30-days|
Does Surfshark have a money-back guarantee?
Yes, Surfshark guarantees you the right to claim a refund within 30 days of purchasing your subscription. To achieve this, you need to contact their customer support via email at [email protected] or via live chat.
Can I use Surshark's free trial more than once?
Yes, however, you would have to use another iOS or Android account for every single free trial you sign up for. We would like to note that it’s not allowed to use the same account twice.
How long is Surfshark free trial?
You may enjoy Surfshark for free for 7 days. Once the trial comes to an end - they will warn you about it via email. If you miss the possibility of canceling a free trial, you would still have a 30-day money-back guarantee.