Best VPNs for Betfair in 2024
Betfair is one of the largest betting sites in the world that operates in several countries around the world and covers all sorts of international sports, from soccer, tennis, and golf, to the MLB, NLF, and even motorsports.
However, Betfair isn’t available in every country. The good news is that you can unblock Betfair from anywhere with the help of a reliable VPN. A VPN will help you bypass region restrictions on geo-blocked content by issuing you with a new IP address.
The only tricky bit is choosing the best VPN for Betfair that will do the magic. In this guide, we’ll recommend the top providers for unblocking Betfair. So keep reading to find out all you need to know.
Top 5 best VPNs for Betfair:
- NordVPN – best VPN for unblocking Betfair from anywhere
- Surfshark – VPN to unblock Betfair on unlimited devices
- IPVanish – Betfair VPN with fast speeds
- ExpressVPN – versatile VPN to safely bet on Betfair
- CyberGhost – a low-cost VPN with many servers
Why do I need a VPN for Betfair?
Betfair is one of the most popular betting sites on the planet, covering a huge range of international sporting events, from the NFL and MLB to the Premier League, Wimbledon, and the Grand National. But although it features sports from around the globe, it’s only available in a select number of countries.
This is because Betfair, like other online gambling sites, must comply with betting laws and regulations. If you try to place a bet on the site with an IP address from a location where Betfair doesn’t operate, you’ll be prohibited by the following error message: Our software indicates that you may be accessing the Betfair website from a country that Betfair does not accept bets from.
No need to fret, though, because we have a simple workaround that will have you placing bets in a matter of minutes. All you need to do is download a reliable VPN with a strong fleet of servers based in countries where Betfair is allowed to operate, such as Italy, Sweden, Romania, and the UK.
Best VPNs for Betfair – our detailed list
We put dozens of VPNs to the test and picked out the ones that can consistently unblock Betfair from anywhere. Each option also comes with a geographically-diverse fleet of servers, strong security, fast connections, and more.
That being said, here’s the list of the top 5 VPNs for Betfair in 2024.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for unblocking Betfair from anywhere
|6100+ in 61 countries
|NordVPN coupon 67% OFF
If you’re looking for a safe bet for unblocking Betfair from anywhere, you won’t find a better solution than NordVPN. It boasts more than 6100 servers in 61 countries, including countries that have access to Betfair, such as the UK, Italy, and Poland.
During testing, we connected to a server in different locations where Betfair operates and found that NordVPN can unblock the site quickly and easily.
But more than this, NordVPN ticks every box you could hope for when choosing a VPN. For one thing, it’s one of the most secure VPNs we’ve ever tested, with AES-256 encryption, independent audits, and a customizable kill switch to keep your data completely hidden.
And even better, it uses its own tunneling protocol, NordLynx, which delivers consistently fast speeds – ideal if you want to place a last-minute bet before the match kicks off.
If you want to try it out, NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. After that, subscriptions start from just $3.39 per month. To sweeten the deal even further, you can enjoy our exclusive NordVPN coupon codes!
If you want to learn more, check out our detailed NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – VPN to access Betfair on unlimited devices
|3200+ in 100 countries
|Surfshark coupon 79% OFF
If you’re looking for a bargain, Surfshark won’t let you down. Despite its low monthly cost, it has an impressive fleet of more than 3200 servers in 100 countries, including locations where you can use Betfair, such as The Netherlands, Poland, and the UK. And in our testing, it was able to unblock the site in numerous locations.
What’s even more exciting is that Surfshark has the fastest speeds we’ve ever seen, so you won’t have to deal with buffering if you want to place a bet before kick-off.
To keep your data safe, Surfshark has a range of excellent security features, such as military-grade AES-256 encryption, two-factor authentication, and DNS leak protection. And you get unlimited simultaneous connections, so you and all your family can use it at the same time.
Surfshark comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Once that’s expired, prices start from just $2.29 per month. And to make it more appealing, we have special discounts for Surfshark!
3. IPVanish – speedy VPN to unblock Betfair
|The United States
|2200+ in 52 countries
|IPVanish coupon 75% OFF
If you’re looking for a speedy VPN to unblock Betfair from anywhere, you won’t be disappointed with IPVanish. It has a strong collection of 2200 servers in 52 countries. This includes places where you can access Betfair, like Ireland, Romania, and the UK.
And when testing it out, we had no problems using many different server locations to bypass the site's location restrictions. Even better, you can use it to unblock all sorts of other region-restricted content.
Aside from this, IPVanish is packed full of features to make it one of the most useful providers around. It uses a SOCKS5 proxy, along with DNS leak protection and a customizable kill switch to protect your data from hackers and cybercriminals.
You’ll also enjoy fast and reliable speeds that are ideal for watching and betting on sports events. And it even comes with unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can use it on all your devices at once.
The provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, after which plans start at just $3.25 per month. And you can take advantage of our IPVanish deals to save as much as possible.
For more details, read our full IPVanish review.
4. ExpressVPN – premium VPN to bypass geo-blocks
|British Virgin Islands
|3000+ in 105 countries
|ExpressVPN coupon 49% OFF
ExpressVPN is another secure VPN to use for safely betting on Betfair. According to when the server count was public, ExpressVPN has more than 3000 servers in 105 countries, so you’ll easily find a server location where Betfair can be accessed.
We had no issues accessing different servers that Betfair is available. In addition, we connected quickly and had no issue browsing through the Betfair site thanks to the speedy Lightway tunneling protocol. In addition, this VPN is great for lag-free streaming.
Security is also taken care of. ExpressVPN works on RAM-only servers, uses AES-256 encryption, and has an independently audited no-logs policy. More so, a reliable kill switch to prevent any accidental data leaks.
You can purchase an ExpressVPN subscription. The price starts from $6.67/month and covers up to 8 devices. You can buy the subscription with Bitcoin as well. And there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5. CyberGhost – cheap VPN with the most servers
|11500+ in 100 countries
|CyberGhost coupon 83% OFF
CyberGhost is one more great choice for Betfair VPN. This provider has over 11500 servers in 100 countries, including the UK and the Netherlands, where Betfair is available. More so, it’s very easy to connect the speedy servers.
Talking about connection speeds, CyberGhost works with WireGuard, which is the market-standard tunneling protocol. You can enjoy seamless browsing, speedy torrenting, and a lag-free streaming experience.
CyberGhost is also a very secure VPN provider. It has a strict no-logs policy, uses AES-256 data encryption, and has a strong kill switch to protect you from data leaks.
More so, CyberGhost also has an ad blocker to protect your device from online threats. There are also specialized servers for speedier connections, amongst other useful features.
You can purchase CyberGhost’s subscription for $2.19/month, cover up to 7 devices, and pay in crypto. In addition, test this provider risk-free with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Find out more information in our detailed CyberGhost review.
How can I choose the best VPN for Betfair?
When testing out the best VPNs for Betfair, we decided to judge them on the following criteria:
|Independently audited no-logs policy
|WireGuard and improved versions of it
|Kill switch, split tunneling, obfuscation
- The ability to unblock Betfair. If your primary reason for getting a VPN is to unblock Betfair, it will need to be able to do this consistently. So we put each of our providers to the test to ensure they can do this quickly and flawlessly.
- The ability to unblock other location-restricted content. Whether you want to watch the sports you're betting on, or you’re looking for something new to binge, it’s a great idea to get a VPN that can bypass geo-restrictions on a range of content.
- Quality and quantity of servers. No matter what you want to use a VPN for, a large quantity of high-quality international servers is extremely important.
- Fast speeds for online betting. If you want to place a last-minute bet, you’ll need lightning-quick speeds. Therefore, we only suggested VPNs that are fast and reliable to allow for a smooth and seamless experience.
- Strong security features. One of the biggest advantages of using a VPN is that it improves your online security. So we made sure we only recommended providers that have military-grade encryption, along with a kill switch and leak protection. NordVPN is the safest VPN we tested for this article.
- Price. Of course, price is an important factor when you sign up for a long-term payment plan. So we picked a variety of good-value options to suit your budget.
Once you’ve chosen a provider, use your VPN to connect to a server in any of these locations, and you’ll be able to use Betfair from anywhere in the world.
How to play Betfair from anywhere with a VPN
Betfair is available in several countries. But if it’s not available where you are, all you need to do is use a VPN to unblock the site, and you’ll be placing bets in no time at all. Here’s how:
- Choose a VPN with a good fleet of international servers. We recommend NordVPN, now 67% OFF
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Connect to a server in a country that has access to Betfair, such as the UK.
- Go to the Betfair website or app and log in or create an account.
- Start placing bets on your favorite sports fixtures!
How do I access Betfair in the USA
Betfair is available to use in New Jersey. However, if you live anywhere else in the US, you won’t be able to access it without a VPN. Here’s what you need to do to unblock the site from where you are:
- Pick a VPN that can unblock Betfair. We’d suggest using NordVPN for this.
- Download and install the software on your device.
- Connect to a server in a country that has access to Betfair, such as the UK.
- Head over to the Betfair website or app and either sign in or register for an account.
- Start weighing up the odds and place some bets!
How do I access Betfair in the UK
Betfair is available in the UK. This means that, provided you’re in the country, you’ll be able to log in or create an account and place bets without restrictions. If you’re outside the UK, however, you’ll need to use a VPN to connect to a server in the country to unblock the site.
How can Betfair detect VPN usage?
VPNs have become incredibly popular thanks to their privacy features, ability to unblock region-restricted content and customizable options. However, as more and more people are now using VPNs, geo-blocked sites, such as Betfair, are employing several tactics to detect and block VPN traffic. Here are some of the methods Betfair uses to do this:
- GeoIP databases: Betfair will use these databases to verify the IP address you’re using to connect to the site. If your VPN provider issues you with an IP address that features on a GeoIP database, it will be blacklisted by Betfair, and you won’t be able to use it to access the site from another country.
- IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks: Betting websites run basic checks for these leaks, as this can help identify VPN traffic. While most reputable VPNs, including the ones we’ve recommended in this guide, offer leak protection, many low-end or free providers will fail these checks and therefore be blocked by Betfair.
- Betfair’s own checks: As well as using GeoIP databases and looking for leaks, Betfair also performs its own tests to look for VPN traffic. If the site detects many connections from the same IP address, it will know that a VPN has likely provided that IP address and will be blacklisted.
To be sure your VPN can go undetected by Betfair, you’ll need to use a reputable provider with plenty of high-quality servers and robust leak protection. Our number one pick for this is NordVPN. Or, if you want more recommendations, take a look at our list above.
In which countries is Betfair restricted?
At the time of writing, Betfair is banned in over 30 countries. Here are some of them:
- American Samoa
- Brunei Darussalam
- France (including French Territories)
- Hong Kong
- USA (excluding New Jersey)
However, if you’re in any of these locations, you can still access the site, provided you use a capable VPN to connect to a server in a country that has access to Betfair, such as the UK, Denmark, Poland, or other licensed regions that you will learn about in the following section.
In which countries is Betfair legal?
Online gambling is a tricky question for all countries around the world, making online restrictions for it constantly vary. However, for the written time, 33 regions consider gambling on Betfair legal.
- Czech Republic
- New Jersey
By getting a VPN and connecting to one of these locations’ servers, you can access Betfair from any part of the world. However, note that your local country’s laws still apply. Hence, using a VPN to unblock Betfair still requires responsible acts.
Why is Betfair not working with a VPN? Possible solutions
If you’re trying to use a VPN to access Betfair but you’re still getting an error message, there are several issues that may be causing this, such as:
- You could be connected to a server in a location that doesn’t have access to Betfair
- The site may have detected and blocked your VPN
- Your real IP address could be leaking
- Your cookies might be showing your true location
- Your VPN may not be working at the moment
To address these problems, try:
- Making sure you’re connected to a server in a location that can access Betfair
- Checking you have IP leak protection enabled on your VPN
- Connecting to a different server
- Using a different browser
- Clearing your cookies and cache
- Contacting your VPN’s customer support team
How to get the Betfair app from abroad
Alike the Betfair website version, the Betfair app is also restricted in numerous locations, making it complicated to download the app outside the licensed regions while living or traveling there.
To get the app outside regions where Betfair is legal, Android users can download the APK file from the official Betfair website. However, there is also another workaround for getting the Betfair app from abroad for both Android and iOS devices:
- Select a VPN with server countries where Betfair is legal. NordVPN offers servers in 61 countries.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Connect to the UK, Belgium, Ireland, or other licensed regions.
- Open Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Head to your Account/Apple ID section and select the option with Country and profiles or Country/Region if you’re on iOS.
- Change the location to match the one you chose from a VPN.
- Relaunch the app store, search for the Betfair app, and download it.
Is it legal to use a VPN to access Betfair?
In most countries, using a VPN is perfectly legal. And if you live in a place that has strict gambling laws, a VPN will allow you to unblock Betfair so you can gamble from anywhere. But some countries enforce strict VPN laws or even ban them altogether.
This is the case in countries such as Russia, China, and the United Arab Emirates. If you’re in any doubt, it’s a good idea to research your government’s policies before signing up for a provider.
But while it’s not illegal to use a VPN to bypass Betfair’s region restrictions in most countries, it does violate the site’s Terms of Service. And although we’ve never heard of anyone being penalized for doing this, it’s a good idea to use a strong VPN that can go undetected by Betfair, such as NordVPN.
If you want any additional advice, be sure to read our guide on the legality of VPNs.
Can I use a free VPN to unblock Betfair?
While it may be technically possible to use a free VPN to unblock Betfair, it’s highly unlikely to work. This is because most free VPNs have poor-quality servers that almost certainly won’t be strong enough to bypass the site’s restrictions without being detected.
And what’s worse, free VPN providers usually profit from selling customer data to third parties, which may mean you end up doing more harm than good to your online privacy.
However, if you want to try one out, we’d suggest opting for a freemium – a more basic version of a paid provider. If you want to try one, we’d recommend using ProtonVPN as it has strong security features and unlimited bandwidth.
On the other hand, if you want to access Betfair for a limited time, such as if you’re traveling abroad or want to bet on a specific sporting event, you could make use of a free trial of a paid VPN. We made sure each of the VPNs we included in this guide offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Once the free trial is over, this is how much you’ll be paying:
- NordVPN – with a large fleet of servers in locations where Betfair operates, like Denmark, the UK, and the Netherlands, NordVPN can unblock the site with ease. Prices start from just $3.39 a month.
- Surfshark – sports fans hoping to make money on their bets without spending a lot will love Surfshark’s cheap plans. Subscriptions start from just $2.29 per month.
- IPVanish – one of the most reputable providers on the market, IPVanish won’t let you down. Plans start from $3.25 a month.
Our final word
Betfair is one of the most popular betting platforms in the world. However, it must comply with betting laws and regulations, meaning that it’s only available in a select number of countries.
The easiest way to get around this issue is by using a secure and reliable VPN – NordVPN is one of the options that unblocks Betfair with ease every time. That said, simply download the VPN, create an account, connect to the server in one of the locations where Betfair operates, such as the UK, and enjoy everything the platform has to offer.
What’s even better is that NordVPN maintains consistent speeds, blocks malicious websites, comes with AES-256 encryption, and even has a customizable kill switch for an additional layer of security.
If you have any questions related to the best VPNs for Betfair, do not hesitate to ask us in the comments section below.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
What can I play on Betfair?
You can use Betfair to place bets on all sorts of sports, including the Premier League, NFL, MLB, and horse racing. Aside from that, Betfair also has an online casino with games such as poker, slots, virtual sports, and bingo.
Will Betfair ban me for using a VPN?
If Betfair detects that you are using a VPN, it will block you from placing bets on the site. But we haven’t heard of anyone receiving a ban for doing this. To be on the safe side, though, pick a strong VPN that can bypass Betfair’s geo-restrictions, such as NordVPN.
Can I use Betfair in the USA?
Yes, you can use Betfair in the USA. However, only in New Jersey Betfair is available. Therefore, US residents that live outside the particular state, would need to use a VPN to change their IP to the New Jerseyan one.
In which countries is Betfair legal?
Betfair is available to play in various countries, including the UK, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Romania, and Italy. If you live in a country where Betfair is banned, you can use a VPN to connect to a server in one of these locations to unblock the site.
Can I use a VPN to unblock Betfair poker?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock Betfair to play poker and place bets on sports fixtures. All you need to do is sign up for a reliable VPN and use it to connect to a server in a location where Betfair is available. Check our guide on using a VPN to unblock Betfair from anywhere.