Best VPNs for Kazakhstan in 2024
In some countries like Kazakhstan, access to social media networks, news and other content is heavily censored or outright banned by the government. Recent widespread protests against the government were met with restrictions of online activity. Access was restricted to leading media outlets, as well as Telegram, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
Luckily, you can get around these restrictions with a VPN, all while keeping your privacy and staying anonymous and undetected on the internet.
However, finding a VPN that will work in Kazakhstan might not be the easiest task. But we’re here to help - read our list of the best VPNs for Kazakhstan and find the one that’s most suitable for you.
Best Kazakhstan VPNs of 2024 – our shortlist:
- NordVPN – the best VPN for Kazakhstan
- Surfshark – Kazakhstan VPN for the best price
- Atlas VPN – safe browsing focused VPN for Kazakhstan
- IPVanish – Kazakhstan VPN with the most servers worldwide
- PrivateVPN – the most secure VPN for Kazakhstan
The best VPNs for Kazakhstan – our detailed list:
Take a look at our detailed Kazakhstan VPN list and find the most private and secure one for you:
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Kazakhstan
|6100 servers in 61 countries
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more
|🔥Get NordVPN, now up to 67% OFF + gift!🔥
NordVPN is the best VPN for Kazakhstan. It uses market-leading AES-256-CBC encryption to protect your data and SHA-512 hash functions to additionally process authentication. This offers the best overall security and privacy.
And when talking about privacy, it would be rude not to mention NordVPNs obfuscated servers, among many other features for privacy, such as the kill switch, and has split tunneling options. Obfuscated servers mask the fact that you’re using a VPN – this will allow you to bypass VPN-blocking firewalls. Also, no government or ISP will be able to see what you’re doing online or how you’re accessing restricted content.
NordVPN also has an independently audited no-logs policy, meaning that they do not collect and sell any of your data, identifying or not. To add to that, most of their servers are RAM-only. This means that anything that’s stored on those servers gets wiped with every restart with no way to restore it. And NordVPN also owns and manages their colocated servers, which makes third-party data breaches near impossible.
As for speed, NordVPN’s custom NordLynx tunneling protocol is the fastest on the VPN market as of now. And in terms of streaming, NordVPN managed to unblock virtually any streaming platforms that we tested. The same applies to social media sites.
For more information, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – best value VPN for several devices
|3200 servers in 100 countries
|Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more
|🔥Get 79% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥
Another really good VPN for Kazakhstan, Surfshark has the best price-quality ratio. It’s prices start at just $2.29/month.
An industry standard by now, new generation AES-256-CBC encryption and authentication processing with SHA-512 hash function allows Surfshark to offer their clients top tier security.
On top of that, Surfshark also has a bunch of secure connection focused features. These include the kill switch to shut off online access in case of insecure connection and the Camouflage Mode for privacy. The latter is Surfshark’s version of Stealth VPN, which, when in use, hide any traces of VPN usage, which is great in countries where VPN usage is blocked. Plus, you can use Surfshark with unlimited devices simultaneously.
Surfshark has also upgraded all of their servers to RAM-only, meaning that any data that’s on them is never permanently saved and gets scrapped with each server reboot. Coupled with Surfshark’s strict and audited no-logs policy, this ensures that your private information will stay private and inaccessible to anyone but you.
Surfshark also has 3200 servers in 100 countries and is really good at unblocking streaming platforms and social media sites, if that is something you were looking for a VPN for.
3. Atlas VPN – unique safe browsing features
|1000 servers in 42 countries
|Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube
|🔥Get Atlas VPN, now 86% OFF + 6 months FREE!🔥
One more awesome VPN for Kazakhstan, Atlas VPN is attractive to many users because of its free version. However, the free tier doesn’t have features like streaming servers, Shield for ad blocking and unlimited connections, therefore it’s a good idea to look into purchasing the premium version.
In terms of security, like most best VPNs, Atlas VPN uses the AES-256 cipher for traffic encryption. Atlas VPN also has a decently functioning kill switch to prevent data leaks in case a secure connection is lost, which just adds to the security levels.
And while Atlas VPN cannot offer something similar to the obfuscated servers, instead they have a feature called SafeSwap. This feature, when turned on and connected to a server in one of the three supported countries, rotates your IP address. This makes it really difficult to track your online activity and trace certain actions back to you, meaning that chances of being detected decrease significantly.
The paid version of Atlas VPN also has specialised streaming servers, which are pretty great at unblocking most streaming platforms. There shouldn’t be any problems with social media and news sites, too.
One downside of Atlas VPN is that it doesn’t have as many servers as other providers - 1000 servers in 42 countries.
For more details, take a look at our Atlas VPN review.
4. IPVanish – no-logs Kazakhstan VPN with plenty of servers
|2200 servers in 52 countries
|Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more
|🔥Get 75% OFF IPVanish!🔥
IPVanish is also a good VPN for Kazakhstan. It is a US based provider with 2200 servers in 52 countries, providing plenty of options when you need to change your IP address and make your real IP vanish from the face of the earth.
As for staying secure and private, you can definitely trust IPVanish with that. Apart from the military-grade encryption protocols, it has a neat traffic obfuscation feature, which makes it virtually impossible to know if you’re using a VPN or not - no government or ISP will have reasons to suspect you.
IPVanish also works well when it comes to unblocking social media and any other content that your government may be censoring, including various streaming platforms. That said, this VPN might not work in China, but it still is a perfectly good VPN provider for Kazakhstan.
For some, one downside of IPVanish might be the incident in the past when they handed private user information to the FBI. However, since then they have implemented a strict no-logs policy since then and it has been independently audited. Thus we see no point in not trusting this VPN provider – right now, IPVanish is an excellent all-around choice.
Read our IPVanish review for more information.
5. PrivateVPN – secure and customizable Kazakhstan VPN
|200 servers in 63 countries
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Video, and more
|🔥Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF!🔥
Based in Sweden, Private VPN is the last but certainly not the least VPN for Kazakhstan. It is pretty good at unblocking social media and communication channels, as well as some of the most popular streaming services worldwide.
In terms of security, PrivateVPN offers their clients a chance in customizing the encryption levels. This gives the user full control over how well hidden and encrypted they are. Though that may not be the best for people who have never used a VPN before.
Nevertheless, PrivateVPN also has additional security features, such as the kill switch to prevent data leaks in case your connection becomes insecure. There are also the obfuscated servers to help you go undetected by ill-meaning governments and ISPs.
However, Private information collects some of your data, such as payment details and email, and retains it for up to two years. But the two-year retention is only in effect when the local law requires it, otherwise your data is scraped as soon as it gets processed. Other than that, PrivateVPN doesn't log anything of what you're doing online. Thus, combining obfuscated servers with a somewhat privacy-friendly policy, PrivateVPN is a perfectly fine option if you want to stay safe and private when browsing online.
If you’d like to learn more, read our PrivateVPN review.
How we selected and tested these VPNs
Selecting and testing the best VPNs for any case is an important step, as we want to make sure that you’ll get the best VPN experience. Take a look at some of the criteria we applied when looking for the best VPN for Kazakhstan:
- Security and privacy. This is the number one priority when choosing a VPN to use in a country that may restrict internet use. You want to be able to bypass any firewalls and content bans undetected. Military-grade encryption protocols and traffic obfuscation features are the main players here, as they will not only encrypt your traffic, but will also hide the fact that you’re using a VPN from your ISP or government institutions
- Price. Price is important, because not everyone has the funds to purchase an expensive VPN that has everything they need. We made sure that every VPN on our list not only has all the necessary privacy and security features, but is also affordable.
- Customer support. In case you run into any issues while using the VPN, it is nice to know that you can get help at any time of the day. Thus, the best VPNs must have a 24/7 live chat, phone support or at least a chatbot to help you with any problems that may occur.
- Speed. WireGuard is the fastest protocol on the market right now, and all of the VPNs on our list have it, like any good VPN should. You don’t want to wait minutes for Twitter to load - the world moves quickly these days, and missing the latest news can be crucial in some situations.
- Streaming and torrenting. A VPN not only can help you bypass government restrictions, but also access location specific streaming services and torrent. So you need a VPN that’s good at unblocking streaming platforms and supports P2P traffic.
Why do I need a VPN in Kazakhstan?
Here's why you might want to get a VPN for Kazakhstan:
- Bypass content restrictions. Because of multiple different reasons, restrictions on social media, entertainment and news websites often get implemented. A VPN can help you bypass these blocks.
- Stay private and secure. Some ISPs and governments like to know what their clients and citizens do on the internet. A VPN will hide your online activities from any prying eyes by encrypting your traffic and helping you stay anonymous at all times.
- Connect with your friends and family. As communication channels, such as WhatsApp and Messenger can also be restricted, connecting with other people becomes difficult. A VPN is capable of unblocking messaging and video calling apps and allowing you to communicate with friends and family easily.
Can I use a free VPN for Kazakhstan?
Using a free VPN for Kazakhstan may not be the best idea. If you’re concerned about privacy and using the internet unnoticed, no free VPN is going to offer that kind of protection. Free VPNs tend to be much worse in encryption and log much more of what you do online. Often, they might not hesitate to sell your data to interested parties - your government or ISP.
However, if you really want to try a VPN for free, there’s good news for you. The VPNs mentioned on this list, such as NordVPN, Surfshark, and Atlas VPN, have free trials, or even free versions.They won’t log and sell your data, and will offer better security and privacy than any completely free VPN.
Using a VPN is probably the only way to have safe and private access to the internet in countries where content is heavily censored and restricted, such as Kazakhstan.
Luckily, there are plenty of reliable and trustworthy VPNs out there that offer the best protection for your data. They are capable of bypassing firewalls and content bans imposed by restrictive governments, providing access to streaming services, social media and more.
And if you’re worried about VPN usage being detected, the best VPNs for Kazakhstan, such as NordVPN and Surfshark, have obfuscated servers to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN. Thus, you will be absolutely safe and undetected while browsing or doing anything online.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
What's the best VPN for Kazakhstan?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Kazakhstan. Not only does it use military-grade encryption to protect your data, but can also hide the fact that you’re using a VPN with obfuscated servers. Also, NordVPN is really good at bypassing any kind of firewalls and content bans, so you won’t have to worry about not having access to social media or news channels.
Does VPN work in Kazakhstan?
Yes, most VPNs work in Kazakhstan. The only exception might be free VPNs. But if you want to try out a VPN for free, most best VPNs that work in Kazakhstan have free trials or even free versions.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Kazakhstan?
Yes, it is legal to use a VPN in Kazakhstan. However it is known that the Kazakhstan government tends to censor a lot of content on the internet, including negative comments related to the government. Using a VPN in Kazakhstan is legal, and allows you to bypass the censorship.