How to watch Now TV in the USA in 2024
Now (formerly known as Now TV) is Sky TV’s online streaming platform. Now TV is where you’ll find original Sky shows, box sets, and live English Premier Football.
Now TV is only available in the UK. So if you attempt to watch from another country, you’ll be blocked from viewing by Now’s geo-restrictions.
But don’t accept defeat just yet – by using a VPN to change your IP address to a UK location, you can fool Now TV into thinking you’re a UK resident, giving full access to all its excellent content!
If you need tips on using a VPN, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll show you how to watch Now TV in the USA, starting with a simple step-by-step guide to using a VPN.
How to watch Now TV from anywhere with a VPN
- Sign up for a VPN with UK servers. NordVPN is the most recommended – now with 67% off!
- Install your VPN and start the app.
- Scroll through the server list and find a UK connection.
- Log in to Now TV and stream your favorite shows!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Now TV in the USA?
Now TV is one of the best places to find the UK’s top entertainment.
But all this excellent content is bound by licensing agreements and international restrictions, which means Now TV can only stream its entertainment in the UK. It checks your IP address when you visit the website, and if you don't show up as a UK resident, you’re getting geo-blocked.
So if you want to watch Now TV in the US, you might be left frustrated. It’s not just US citizens who need assistance. Now TV was previously available in Europe, but since the UK officially left the EU in December 2020, Now TV’s content can’t be streamed in European countries either.
Luckily, you can get around geo-blocks by using an excellent tool called a VPN. VPNs have server lists with connections in various countries, so if you select a UK location – you’ll have a UK IP address. Then, when you visit Now TV’s website, it will think you’re in the UK, and access will be yours – even if you’re actually in the US!
While VPNs are very easy to use, only the most reliable ones can unblock content. You’ll need to choose carefully, as there are plenty of VPNs vying for your subscription in a crowded market. To help you out, our team has compiled a list of the very best VPNs for unblocking Now TV, so let’s see what they are.
Best VPNs to watch Now TV from anywhere
- NordVPN – the best VPN for streaming Now TV online
- Surfshark – the ideal VPN provider for multiple users
- IPVanish – a top VPN with dependable servers
You’ll only be able to unblock Now TV with a capable VPN. The features you need include UK servers, fast connection speeds, and robust security. We’ve taken the hassle out of searching for the right provider by compiling a shortlist of top options.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN available for unblocking Now TV
|6100+ servers in 61 countries
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more
|Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV
|NordVPN coupon 67% OFF
If you want to unblock Now TV as easily as possible, the best choice is NordVPN.
NordVPN gives you 6100 servers in 61 countries, with over 400 in the UK. During tests, we never had any problems unblocking Now TV. You won’t have to deal with any boring buffer screens either – NordVPN’s servers are fast enough for lag-free HD streaming.
NordVPN also wipes out any security concerns with 256-bit AES encryption and a kill switch that kicks in instantly if your connection is lost. Hackers don’t have a chance of getting your data when you use NordVPN.
Subscriptions start at $3.39 per month, but for even more value for money, use this NordVPN discount code!
2. Surfshark – budget-friendly VPN for streaming Now TV
|3200+ servers in 100 countries
|Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more
|Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV
|Surfshark coupon 79% OFF
Surfshark allows unlimited users on one account, so it’s ideal for sharing a VPN across a household.
Surfshark’s server fleet supplies 3200+ connections in 100 countries, with the UK well represented.
It’s one of the most reliable VPNs we’ve tried for unblocking content, and it got us into Now TV every time. We’re also very impressed with Surfshark’s speeds – it’s among the fastest ones we’ve ever tested, exactly what you want for HD streaming.
Surfshark’s security settings protect you with vault-like encryption and a kill switch.
Surfshark’s pricing starts at $2.29 per month, but you can get even better deals by using a price-cutting Surfshark discount coupon!
3. IPVanish – trusted all-rounder for unblocking Now TV
|2200+ servers in 52 countries
|Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more
|Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
|IPVanish coupon 75% OFF
IPVanish is a solid VPN with the features needed to unblock Now TV.
IPVanish boasts 2200+ worldwide servers, so you’ll be able to find a UK connection to unblock Now TV easily.
If you’re tired of annoying buffer screens getting in the way of your box-set, you’ll be pleased to know IPVanish delivers fast connections that are ideal for HD streaming.
IPVanish also encrypts your data, so you don’t have to worry about hackers getting their hands on your important info.
The plans for IPVanish start at $3.25 per month, but if you love getting the best deal possible, don’t pass up on our IPVanish special offer codes for attractive savings on a subscription!
How to watch Now TV with a VPN on your device
You can watch Now TV on most devices, whether it’s a smartphone, PC, streaming stick, or tablet. Whatever device you’re using, you will need to arm yourself with a VPN to knock down the geo-blocks.
How to watch Now TV on your PC (Windows, Mac)
Some people like Windows, others love Macs. Either way, unblocking Now TV follows the same method. Check out these simple VPN steps to get access:
- Download a VPN. NordVPN is best for unblocking Now TV.
- Install the VPN app on your PC.
- Launch the VPN and create your account.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Head to the Now TV site, and you’ll get full access!
For more info on using a VPN on your Windows or Mac PC, take a look at these articles:
- Top Windows VPNs – unblock Now TV on your PC
- How to use a VPN on Mac – stream Now TV on your Mac computer
How to watch Now TV on your smartphone (Android, iPhone)
Streaming Now TV on your mobile is ideal for catching up on shows while you're on the go. As long as you install a VPN on your smartphone, you can watch Now TV anywhere:
- Download a VPN with great mobile apps. NordVPN’s apps are optimized for iOS and Android.
- Install the VPN on your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect to a server anywhere in the UK.
- Now TV will be unblocked!
For further reading on the best VPNs for various mobile devices, we suggest these guides:
- The best iPhone VPNs – unblock Now TV on Apple iPhones and iPads
- The ultimate Android VPNs – watch Now TV on Android devices with a VPN
How to stream Now TV on streaming devices
Now TV is available to stream on streaming sticks, including Firestick, Roku, Kodi, and AppleTV. With a VPN connected to your router, you can bypass geo-blocks on these devices too:
- Get a VPN with UK servers. NordVPN tops our shortlist.
- Set the VPN up on your PC.
- Connect the VPN to your router’s WiFi network.
- Select a server in a UK city.
- Switch your TV on, launch the streaming stick, and click the Now TV app.
- Now relax and choose what Now TV content you want to watch!
Read our VPN and streaming device guides for more info:
- VPN to use on Roku – unblock Now TV on Roku with these VPNs
- Top-rated Kodi VPNs – stream restricted content on Kodi with a VPN
- Apple TV’s best VPNs – how to use a VPN on Apple TV
- Firestick’s most user-friendly VPNs – find out how to easily use a VPN on Firestick
How to watch Now TV from any country
Now TV has some of the best shows you’ll find on any platform. But if you’re in the US, Australia, Canada, Europe, Netherlands, or elsewhere, you will need a VPN to get access. Follow these steps, and you can get access from anywhere:
- Pick a VPN with UK servers. NordVPN is your best bet.
- Setup the VPN on your device.
- Click a UK server.
- Launch Now TV, and enjoy the entertainment!
Now TV not working even with a VPN?
VPN doesn’t seem to be working? Don’t worry, all tech products, even VPNs sometimes puzzle us with bugs and issues. If you’ve followed the VPN setup but Now TV is still blocked, the reason might be:
- Your actual IP address has been leaked by your browser cookies
- The VPN you’re using is unsuitable for streaming
- Streaming providers have flagged the server you’re on
- You haven’t spoofed your IP address to the correct location
The above issues are fairly common, so try one of these fixes, and you should see a positive result:
- Go to your browser settings to clear the cookies and cache
- Restart your VPN and connect to a new UK server
- Ask your VPN’s support team for assistance
- Change your VPN
If the problem is simply that your VPN isn’t up to the task, then all you have to do is upgrade to a premium provider.
Can you watch Now TV with a free VPN?
Free VPNs generally aren’t recommended. Apart from a few exceptions, like ProtonVPN, free VPNs tend to impose big restrictions on how much data you can use, which means they’re useless for streaming content.
Free VPNs also skimp on servers and security. It’s unlikely you’ll be able to unblock Now TV in the first place, and your personal info might be compromised as free VPNs have been known to generate income by selling user data to advertisers.
If you want to binge-watch your favorite TV series on Now TV or catch a specific EPL game, we recommend getting one of our top-rated VPNs. You can always cancel for a full refund within 30-days if you no longer need to use the VPN.
Take a look at what our top 3 VPNs offer, and how much they charge for a subscription:
- NordVPN – NordVPN is the best VPN on the market which consistently unblocks Now TV. Its subscription includes a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out. Stick with it beyond that, and you can pay as little as $3.39 a month.
- Surfshark – Surfshark’s unlimited simultaneous connections make it the go-to option for multiple users. You can try it out for 30-days before you have to commit. Subscriptions start at only $2.29 per month.
- IPVanish – a solid VPN, IPVanish is fast and bypasses Now TV geo-blocks. IPVanish charges $3.25 per month for a subscription once the 30-day money-back guarantee period is over.
What can you watch on Now TV?
Now (formerly known as Now TV) is the UK’s premier streaming platform. It’s an offshoot of Sky, so you know it shows A-list content.
From global hits like Chernobyl to the world’s most exciting sporting competition – the English Premier League – Now’s content is truly top-tier. Now TV offers the full range of programming – live sports, addictive box sets, insightful documentaries, and kids' TV.
There’s genuinely something for everyone. You can also use it to watch live Sky TV channels such as Sky Showcase, Sky Atlantic, Sky Movies, Sky Sports, and also access the Sky Go app.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the content you can currently watch on Now TV:
|Euphoria (2019 – present)
|English Premier League football
|Live elite sports
|Game Of Thrones (2011 – 2019)
|The Staircase (2022)
|Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
|Hollywood Superhero Movie
|Gangs Of London (2020 – present)
|Hollywood kid’s animation
|Below Deck Down Under (2022)
|Reality TV show
|Controlling Britney Spears (2021)
The last word
Before you go to stream Now TV, let’s sum everything up in case you missed something.
First of all, Now TV is excellent. This streaming provider has everything you could want to watch on one platform – big-budget box sets, blockbuster movies, thought-provoking documentaries, live sports, reality TV, and kids’ favorites.
But since Now TV is strictly a UK service, you will need a VPN to stream it in the US. VPNs can unblock content while keeping you secure and anonymous online. You don’t have to be a tech whizz either, they're so easy to use anyone can get started in a few clicks.
A top-rated VPN, like NordVPN, also equips you with vital security features, so your data is protected from hackers, advertisers, and ISPs.
We’ll answer any questions you may have on VPNs in the comments section below, and we’d also love to know what you’re watching on Now TV!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Can I watch Now TV in the USA?
The best way to watch Now TV in the USA is by setting up a VPN on your device. Then you can evade Now’s geo-blocks by spoofing your IP address into a UK location. Sign up to a trusted provider, like NordVPN, and you’ll be ready to connect.
What is the best VPN to watch Now TV?
NordVPN is the best VPN to watch Now TV in the US. NordVPN has a fleet of UK servers that will always be able to unblock Now TV. You can also use NordVPN on other streaming platforms like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
Is it safe to watch Now TV in the USA with a VPN?
Yes, using a VPN to unblock Now TV in America is completely safe. The US has no restrictions against the use of VPNs. You can find out more about VPN legality in this tell-all guide.
Can you watch Now TV outside the UK?
Watch Now TV from anywhere in the world by using a VPN to spoof your location. If you’re in the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, Europe, or anywhere else, use a VPN to set your IP address to a UK location, and you can get full access to Now TV.