Peacock TV offers a huge library of popular movies and TV shows. The streaming service is home to over 13000 hours of content from NBC – including shows from NBC channels, movies from Universal Pictures and Dreamworks Animation and this years Olympics games in Tokyo.
Peacock TV is readily available in the US, but it is restricted elsewhere in the world. This is because of licensing laws and geo-blocking. If you attempt to access Peacock TV outside of the US, you will likely be met with a message saying the content is unavailable in your country.
Luckily, with the help of a VPN, it’s possible to watch Peacock TV from anywhere in the world. A VPN works by changing your IP address and making it appear as though you are in a location where the streaming service is licensed. We’ll take you through the process in the next section.
Watch Peacock TV outside the USA: a short guide
There’s no need to miss out on your favorite Peacock TV content. Once you have a VPN set up, the process is really quite simple:
- Register for a reliable VPN with servers in the US. We recommend NordVPN, now 72% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN.
- Connect to a US server.
- Visit Peacock TV to create an account or login.
- Start streaming and enjoy!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Peacock TV?
Peacock TV is home to a multitude of popular movies and TV shows, with content from NBC and other large production houses. Unfortunately, the content is geo-restricted and can only be viewed in the US. This is because content is restricted to abide by distribution rights and copyright laws.
The outcome? You’ll need a VPN to get a US IP address.
With a VPN, you can get around licensing restrictions by connecting to a US server. Peacock TV will see that you are using a US IP address, and the content will be unlocked for your viewing pleasure.
The market for VPNs is rife, there are many great services available in 2021. With so much choice, it can be hard to know which service is best for you. That’s why we’ve put together a list of our three top options for VPNs that will enable you to watch Peacock TV including channels that will air this years Tokyo Olympic games from anywhere. Check it out below.
Best VPNs to watch Peacock TV from anywhere
Here at Cybernews, we’ve conducted lots of research to figure out which VPN is best for unblocking geo-restricted content. If you’re looking to watch Peacock TV from anywhere in the world, these are three of our favorite VPN options for streaming:
NordVPN: the best VPN for loading speeds
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
NordVPN is a failsafe option for watching Peacock TV outside of the US. The service has over 5400 servers in 59 countries, making it the largest of any major provider. It offers sophisticated security features, fast loading speeds, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stay safe online as a result of NordVPN’s advanced encryption technology. The VPN will keep all your online activity anonymous and can be used on all major devices.
Surfshark: the best VPN for your wallet
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
A slightly cheaper option, SurfShark is a great choice for watching Peacock TV from anywhere. Capable of unblocking most major platforms, Surfshark is a popular VPN with fast connection speeds and no connection limit.
Advanced security features include 256-bit AES encryption, protection against DNS leaks and a kill switch. This keeps your online activity and identity protected at all times. All Surfshark plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN: the best VPN for HD streaming
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Dedicated Firefox extension:||Yes|
|Servers/countries:||3,000 servers in 94 countries|
Last but not least, ExpressVPN has over 20 US servers (with more than 3000 servers worldwide). It unblocks all major online channels and is highly regarded for impressive speeds and HD streaming.
ExpressVPN keeps you safe online with 256-bit encryption, protection against DNS, and a kill switch. The service also allows multi-logins and includes custom firmware which ensures an easy installation process. There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to watch Peacock TV on your device
Watching Peacock TV on your device is relatively easy. Depending on the device you use, the process can vary slightly. In the next section, we’ll show you the steps for watching Peacock TV on a variety of major devices.
Meanwhile, you can check out our list of most popular VPNs for devices below:
Watch Peacock TV on your PC
If you’re looking to watch Peacock TV on your PC, you can use your browser. There’s no need to install anything extra, just follow these steps:
- Download a VPN on your PC with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN and select a US server.
- Go to the Peacock TV website.
- Create an account (with a US zip code) or sign in if you’re already registered.
- Search for a movie or show and enjoy.
Watch Peacock TV on your phone (Android and iPhone)
If you would like to watch Peacock TV on your phone, you just need to check out the instructions below:
- Download a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on your router or a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot.
- Pick a US IP address, then connect your phone to your wifi network or mobile hotspot.
- Head to the Google Play Store or App Store and download the Peacock TV app.
- Open the app, sign in, and enjoy!
Watch Peacock TV on your Smart TV
Want to watch Peacock TV on your Smart TV? Follow our steps below:
- Find and download a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a US server.
- Connect to your VPN network in your router admin.
- Download the Peacock TV app onto your Smart TV.
- Create an account, login, sit back, and enjoy!
Tip from the team: lots of smart TVs will allow you to download a VPN app. If yours doesn’t, just follow the process above to connect your router to a VPN.
How to watch Peacock TV on streaming devices
Peacock TV can be enjoyed on numerous streaming devices. It is available on the web and is also supported on Google devices such as Androids, Apple devices like iPhones and iPad, Roku, Kodi, and Firestick.
In the next section, we’ll show you how to watch Peacock TV on various streaming devices.
Stream Peacock TV on Roku
To stream Peacock TV on Roku, all you need to do is add the Peacock channel to your Roku device. Though the media player itself doesn’t support VPN apps, it’s still possible to stream Peacock TV anywhere in the world on Roku by changing your IP address.
Check out the steps below:
- Reset your Roku device.
- Install a VPN on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and head to the Channel Store.
- Find the Peacock TV app and install it.
- Login and enjoy!
Stream Peacock TV on Kodi
If you’re looking to stream content from Peacock TV on Kodi, you simply need to follow the steps below:
- Download a VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on your router and then connect it to a server in the US.
- Install the Peacock TV app onto your Kodi device.
- Login or create an account with a US zip code.
- Search for the movie or show you want to watch.
- Happy watching!
Stream Peacock TV on Firestick
Peacock doesn’t have an app for Amazon Firestick. Luckily, you can get around this by using a casting app.
- Download and install a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US.
- Install the Peacock TV app on your mobile device, ensuring it’s on the same wi-fi network as your Firestick.
- Login to the mobile app and select something to watch. Now you just need to hit the casting icon, and your show or movie will play through your Amazon Firestick on your TV!
- Login and find your favourite shows and movies!
How to watch Peacock TV in different countries
A VPN makes it possible to watch Peacock TV anywhere in the world. Whatever country you’re in, whether it’s the USA, India, Australia, the UK, or elsewhere – you just need to follow these four steps to access your favorite Peacock TV:
- Choose a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your router or computer.
- Open the VPN app on your device and connect to a US server.
- Go to www.peacocktv.com or visit the Peacock TV app to start watching!
Of course, the steps vary slightly depending on the device you are using. For further details, check out the earlier sections.
Can’t access Peacock TV with a VPN?
Things don’t always quite go to plan. Sometimes, you may find that you are unable to connect to Peacock TV, even though you have a VPN installed. If this occurs, it’s likely you need a more reliable VPN service. We recommend NordVPN!
If faced with an error message when logging into Peacock TV, it’s possible that you are still connected to a server in the wrong country. The first step here will be to check if your VPN is actually running correctly. If it is, then it may be time to consider switching providers.
To help you figure out what the problem could be, we’ve listed some of the frequent issues that can occur when trying to watch Peacock TV outside of the US:
- The GPS location of your device and IP address do not match
- Your real IP address is leaking
- Peacock TV has blocked the servers your VPN is using
- There are cookies on your device that show you are not in the US
- Your VPN is not able to unblock Peacock TV
To offset the above issues, here are some readily available solutions:
- Contact customer support for your VPN to check your service can unblock Peacock TV
- Try a different browser
- Find and enable the leak protection setting for your VPN
- Clear cookies on your device
- Try a new VPN provider.
How to watch Peacock TV for free
Whilst we always want to help you find the best deals, we also want to be realistic. That being said, it is possible to watch Peacock TV for free – but we don’t recommend it.
Free VPNs are unreliable at best. They are funded through the sale of tracked ads and data, and they generally slow down your connection. A slightly better option is a freemium, which is the free version offered by some paid-for VPNs. These are usually incapable of unblocking all major streaming services, and they often have a data cap.
If you’re really set on watching Peacock TV for free, check out our article where we explore the 5 best free VPN services.
What can you watch on Peacock TV?
There is a lot of sought-after, popular content available to watch on Peacock TV. We’ve listed some firm favourites below:
|Dazed and Confused|
The Blues Brothers
|This is Us|
Two and a Half Men
Law and Order
There’s absolutely no reason why you can’t watch your favorite shows and movies on Peacock TV. All you need is a solid internet connection and a reliable VPN with US servers. We hope this article has helped you to figure out exactly how to watch the content you love on your chosen device – wherever you are in the world.
Have you tried using a VPN yet? We’d love to know how you got on. Please leave a comment below – we appreciate all feedback!
Is it legal to watch Peacock TV with a VPN?
Yes, it is perfectly legal to watch Peacock TV with a VPN!
Where can I stream Peacock TV?
You can stream Peacock TV on a variety of devices. These include Kodi, Roku, Android, iPhone, and your smart TV.
What country is Peacock TV available in?
Peacock TV is available in the US. To watch outside of the US, you will need to use a VPN to change your IP address.
Is Peacock TV free to watch?
Yes. Peacock TV has three different subscription plans: free, premium, and premium plus.