How to Watch Peacock TV from anywhere with VPN in 2022
Peacock TV is a streaming service that offers a huge library of popular movies and TV shows. It is home to over 13000 hours of content from NBC movies from Universal Pictures and Dreamworks Animation.
However, Peacock TV is only available in the US, leaving the rest of the world stranded. If you attempt to access Peacock TV outside of the US, you will be met with a message saying the content is unavailable in your country.
Luckily, it’s possible to watch Peacock TV with a VPN regardless of your location. A VPN works by changing your IP address and making it appear as though you are in a location where the streaming service is licensed. Read on to find out more.
How to watch Peacock TV with a VPN
- Sign up with a credible VPN provider with servers in the US. We recommend NordVPN, now 60% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser to reset location.
- Connect to a US VPN server
- Visit Peacock TV and start streaming.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Peacock TV?
Peacock TV is home to a multitude of popular movies and TV shows, with content from NBC and other large production houses. Unfortunately, the content is geo-restricted and can only be viewed in the US. This is because content is restricted to abide by distribution rights and copyright laws.
The outcome? You’ll need a VPN to get a US IP address.
With a VPN, you can get around licensing restrictions by connecting to a US server. Peacock TV will see that you are using a US IP address, and the content will be unlocked for your viewing pleasure.
The market for VPNs is rife, there are many great services available in 2022. With so much choice, it can be hard to know which service is best for you. That’s why we’ve put together a list of our three top options for VPNs that will enable you to watch Peacock TV. Check it out below.
Best VPNs for Peacock TV
Here at Cybernews, we’ve conducted lots of research to figure out which VPN is the best at unblocking geo-restricted content. If you’re looking to watch Peacock TV from anywhere in the world, take a look at the three of our favorite VPNs for streaming:
1. NordVPN: the best VPN for Peacock TV
|Servers/countries:||5400+ servers in 60 countries|
|Current deal:||Get NordVPN with 60% OFF!|
NordVPN is the best option for watching Peacock TV outside of the US. The service has over 5400 servers in 60 countries, with multiple servers in the US, making it the largest of any major provider.
Not only that, NordVPN is capable of unblocking virtually any streaming service you can think of - including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others.
Next to the streaming capabilities, It offers sophisticated security features, fast loading speeds, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN’s advanced encryption technology will keep all your online activity anonymous and has apps for multiple devices.
For more information, read our NordVPN review.
- Unblocks Peacock TV
- The fastest VPN
- Excellent security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No router app
2. Surfshark: the cheapest VPN for Peacock TV
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE!|
A slightly cheaper option, Surfshark is a great choice for watching Peacock TV from anywhere. Capable of unblocking most streaming platforms, Surfshark is a popular VPN with fast connection speeds and no connection limit.
Surfshark also has 3200 servers in 65 countries, with servers in the US. This means you’ll be able to access not only Peacock TV, but also extensive libraries of countless other streaming sites.
On top of that, Surfshark has advanced security features, including 256-bit AES encryption, protection against DNS leaks and a kill switch. This keeps your online activity and identity protected at all times. All Surfshark plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our Surfshark review for more details.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks Peacock TV
- Very fast connection speeds
- Good pricing
- No split tunneling on iOS
3. IPVanish: VPN with the most US servers
|Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 63% OFF IPVanish + an Antivirus!|
IPVanish is also a good VPN to use for accessing Peacock TV outside the US. It has 2000 servers in 50 countries, 952 of which are located in North America, the majority of those being in the US.
Along with Peacock TV, IPVanish also unblocks the US Netflix library and YouTube. Fast IPVanish’s speeds will give you a smooth and seamless streaming experience.
In addition, IPVanish also has some neat security features to keep you safe online. These include split tunneling, a kill switch and a SOCKS5 proxy. IPVanish has apps available for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
IPVanish also offers a 30 day money-back guarantee, so you won’t be losing any money if you decide that it isn’t for you.
For more information, read our IPVanish review.
- One of the cheapest yearly options
- Unlimited connections
- Unblocks Peacock TV and US Netflix
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Price increases after a year
- Doesn't work in china
How to unblock Peacock TV on your device
Watching Peacock TV on your device is relatively easy. Depending on the device you use, the process can vary slightly. In the next section, we’ll show you the steps for watching Peacock TV on a variety of devices.
Meanwhile, you can check out our list of most popular VPNs for devices below:
Watch Peacock TV on your PC
If you’re looking to watch Peacock TV on your PC, you can use your browser. There’s no need to install anything extra, just follow these steps:
- Download a VPN on your PC with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN and select a US server.
- Go to the Peacock TV website.
- Create an account (with a US zip code) or sign in if you’re already registered.
- Search for a movie or show and enjoy.
Watch Peacock TV on your phone (Android and iPhone)
If you would like to watch Peacock TV on your phone, you just need to check out the instructions below:
- Download a VPN with US servers. We suggest NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on your router or a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot.
- Pick a US IP address, then connect your phone to your wifi network or mobile hotspot.
- Head to the Google Play Store or App Store and download the Peacock TV app.
- Open the app, sign in, and enjoy!
Watch Peacock TV on your Smart TV
Want to watch Peacock TV on your Smart TV? Follow our steps below:
- Find and download a VPN with US servers. We think NordVPN is a good choice.
- Connect your VPN to a US server.
- Connect to your VPN network in your router admin.
- Download the Peacock TV app onto your Smart TV.
- Create an account, login, sit back, and enjoy!
Tip from the team: lots of smart TVs will allow you to download a VPN app. If yours doesn’t, just follow the process above to connect your router to a VPN.
How to watch Peacock TV on streaming devices
If you have a device dedicated to streaming and want to watch Peacock TV on it, you’re in luck. Here are CyberNews guides on how to watch Peacock TV on Kodi, Firestick, Roku and other devices:
- VPNs for Kodi
- VPNs for Firestick
- VPNs for Roku
- VPNs for Android TV
- VPNs for Apple TV
- VPNs for Nvidia Shield TV
Stream Peacock TV on Firestick
Peacock doesn’t have an app for Amazon Firestick. Luckily, you can get around this by using a casting app.
- Download and install a VPN with US servers. NordVPN is our favorite.
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US.
- Install the Peacock TV app on your mobile device, ensuring it’s on the same wi-fi network as your Firestick.
- Login to the mobile app and select something to watch. Now you just need to hit the casting icon, and your show or movie will play through your Amazon Firestick on your TV!
- Login and find your favourite shows and movies!
Stream Peacock TV on Roku
To stream Peacock TV on Roku, all you need to do is add the Peacock channel to your Roku device. Though the media player itself doesn’t support VPN apps, it’s still possible to stream Peacock TV anywhere in the world on Roku by changing your IP address.
Check out the steps below:
- Reset your Roku device.
- Install a VPN on your router. NordVPN is an option.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and head to the Channel Store.
- Find the Peacock TV app and install it.
- Login and enjoy!
Stream Peacock TV on Kodi
If you’re looking to stream content from Peacock TV on Kodi, you simply need to follow the steps below:
- Download a VPN. We think NordVPN is the best.
- Install the VPN on your router and then connect it to a server in the US.
- Install the Peacock TV app onto your Kodi device.
- Login or create an account with a US zip code.
- Search for the movie or show you want to watch.
- Happy watching!
Stream Peacock TV on Xbox
Here’s how to stream Peacock TV on your Xbox with a VPN:
- Choose a VPN and purchase a subscription. NordVPN is a reliable option.
- Install the VPN app on your router.
- Connect to a US server.
- Download and install Peacock TV app through Microsoft Store.
- Start streaming your favourite TV shows and movies.
Stream Peacock TV on Chromecast
Here’s how to use a VPN with Chromecast to access Peacock TV:
- Choose a VPN. NordVPN is good.
- Install the VPN on your router.
- Connect to a US server.
- Connect your Chromecast device to the VPN router.
- Set up Peacock TV on your Chromecast device.
- Create your Peacock TV account.
- Start streaming.
How to watch Peacock TV in different countries
A VPN makes it possible to watch Peacock TV anywhere in the world. Whatever country you’re in, whether it’s the USA, India, Australia, the UK, or elsewhere - you just need to follow these four steps to access your favorite Peacock TV:
- Choose a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your router or computer.
- Open the VPN app on your device and connect to a US server.
- Go to peacocktv.com or download the Peacock TV app to start watching!
Note: the steps vary slightly depending on the device you are using. For further details, check out the above sections.
How to subscribe to Peacock TV outside the US
If you’re not already subscribed to Peacock TV, it is extremely easy to do, no matter where you are in the world. Follow this short guide on how to subscribe to Peacock TV outside the US:
- Get a reliable VPN with US servers. NordVPN is pretty good.
- Download the app on your device and login.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to peacocktv.com and get your subscription!
Can’t access Peacock TV with a VPN?
Things don’t always quite go to plan. Sometimes, you may find that you are unable to connect to Peacock TV, even though you have a VPN installed. If this occurs, it’s likely you need a more reliable VPN service. We recommend NordVPN!
If faced with an error message when logging into Peacock TV, it’s possible that you are still connected to a server in the wrong country. The first step here will be to check if your VPN is actually running correctly. If it is, then it may be time to consider switching providers.
To help you figure out what the problem could be, we’ve listed some of the frequent issues that can occur when trying to watch Peacock TV outside of the US:
- The GPS location of your device and IP address do not match
- Your real IP address is leaking
- Peacock TV has blocked the servers your VPN is using
- There are cookies on your device that show you are not in the US
- Your VPN is not able to unblock Peacock TV
To offset the above issues, here are some readily available solutions:
- Contact customer support for your VPN to check your service can unblock Peacock TV
- Try a different browser
- Find and enable the leak protection setting for your VPN
- Clear cookies on your device
- Try a new VPN provider.
How to watch Peacock TV for free
If you want to watch exclusive Peacock TV shows but have no budget for it, or if you’re interested in only one title, you’re in luck.
Unlike most other streaming services, Peacock TV has a free version, alongside paid plans. Naturally, the free tier has fewer titles than the paid subscription plans, but it’s still brimming with content.
Unfortunately, as Peacock TV is only available in the US, you’ll need a VPN to access it from other places. Not only will a VPN allow you to watch Peacock TV for free from anywhere, it will also protect your privacy and ensure anonymity while online.
Here’s how to watch Peacock TV with free VPN:
- Connect to a US server on your VPN app.
- Go to peacocktv.com and choose the free subscription plan.
- Create an account by entering your email and choosing your password.
- You’ll be able to watch Peacock TV for free once you’ve created your account.
Note that movies and tv shows marked with a feather on Peacock TV require a premium subscription. Luckily, there is a 7-day free trial available.
What can you watch on Peacock TV?
There is a lot of sought-after, popular content available to watch on Peacock TV. We’ve listed some firm favourites below:
|Dazed and Confused||This is Us|
|The Blues Brothers||Frasier|
|Jason Bourne||Downton Abbey|
|In Bruges||Law and Order|
Other content on Peacock TV
Peacock TV allows you to watch not only movies and TV shows, but also a long list of live and on-demand content. Here are some of the options you can find:
For US citizens, the 2022 Eurovision is available to stream exclusively on Peacock TV for the second year in a row! You can watch the song content both live and on-demand. This year, the event takes place in Turin, Italy on 10, 12, and 14 May 2022.
Peacock TV is available only in the US, so if you’re based anywhere else, you’ll need a VPN.
Using a VPN to access all the good content of Peacock TV is very easy. All you need to do is get a reliable VPN and use it to connect to a server in the US. You can also set up a VPN on your router and stream content on streaming devices, smart TVs, and even gaming consoles. All of the content on Peacock TV will be accessible no matter where you are.
And apart from allowing you to watch Peacock TV, a VPN will also protect your privacy while online by blocking ads, malware and hiding your online activity from your ISP. On top of that, the best VPNs unblock other streaming services, too.
So don’t wait any longer - get yourself a VPN and start streaming your favourite TV shows and movies on Peacock TV.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How to watch Sling TV online
How to watch UK TV in USA
How to watch ESPN online
How to watch BBC iPlayer in USA and Abroad
How to change Netflix region
How to watch Canadian TV in the USA
How to watch TNT outside US
Is it legal to watch Peacock TV with a VPN?
Yes, it is perfectly legal to watch Peacock TV with a VPN!
Where can I stream Peacock TV?
You can stream Peacock TV on a variety of devices. These include Kodi, Roku, Android, iPhone, and your smart TV.
What country is Peacock TV available in?
Peacock TV is available in the US. To watch outside of the US, you will need to use a VPN to change your IP address.
Is Peacock TV free to watch?
Yes. Peacock TV has three different subscription plans: free, premium, and premium plus.