Italy’s Ministry of Industry said its website and applications were out of order after being hit by a “heavy cyberattack” early Friday morning.
Technicians were working to "mitigate the consequences," the Ministry said in a statement released shortly after the attack.
So far, there is no sign of any data being compromised, according to the statement.
The Ministry said it could not predict when website activities would be back to normal.
The agency said it was in close contact with the National Cybersecurity Agency to reduce any inconvenience for citizens and businesses.
Cybernews will follow the story.
More from Cybernews:
Subscribe to our newsletter