Best VPNs for Bybit in 2023
Bybit is a global cryptocurrency exchange and trading platform that is available in many countries. However, there are certain regions, like the US, where access to it is restricted. Meaning that Americans can’t trade cryptocurrencies on Bybit unless they change their virtual location.
A VPN can help you access Bybit by giving a different IP address from a country where this popular crypto trading platform is available. In addition, rerouting your traffic through a secure VPN server protects your sensitive information and helps to boost anonymity when trading.
It’s important to mention that we do not condone illegal activity – but we suggest keeping your personal information safe and secure. For this reason, we’ve tested numerous different providers in terms of their security, privacy, and server offering to help you find the best VPN for Bybit. You will find a full list of top recommendations below.
Top 5 best VPNs to trade on Bybit
- NordVPN – overall best VPN for Bybit in 2023
- Surfshark – top-class Bybit VPN for unlimited devices
- PureVPN – excellent VPN for crypto trading on Bybit
- ExpressVPN – fast premium VPN for Bybit in the US
- Cyberghost – robust Bybit VPN with great global coverage
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get NordVPN with 63% OFF + 3 months FREE!
How to access Bybit from the US with a VPN
- Pick a reputable VPN that works with Bybit. We recommend NordVPN for this platform.
- Choose a subscription plan and install the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to the country, like the UK, where Bybit is not restricted.
- Open Bybit, register an account, and confirm your information via email.
- Start using Bybit.
The best VPNs for Bybit in the USA – our detailed list:
If you’re searching for the best VPN for Bybit, we’ve tested at least a dozen of different providers for you. Here’s a list of our top recommendations:
1. NordVPN – best VPN for Bybit overall
|Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 60 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||6 devices|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 63% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
NordVPN is definitely the best VPN for Bybit since it has top-class security features necessary for secure crypto trading. In addition, it offers many servers in different countries to unblock the platform and exceptionally fast speeds for a seamless browsing experience.
Security and privacy: NordVPN is based in a privacy-friendly location, Panama, uses XChaCha20 encryption, and operates under a strict no-logs policy. Meaning that the information about your crypto trading activities is neither monitored nor stored. On top of that, its RAM-only servers are regularly wiped of any minor data traces required for operational purposes.
Features: there’s an option to get a dedicated IP that can help you to avoid VPN blocks by Bybit. It also offers the Threat Protection feature which blocks malicious ads, dangerous websites, and protects against other online threats. And on top of that, NordVPN worked well with streaming platforms, like Netflix, BBC, iPlayer, and others during our tests.
Compatibility: you can make secure crypto exchanges with this VPN on Bybit wherever you are. It supports 6 simultaneous connections and has user-friendly apps for both mobile and desktop devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Customer support: if you have any troubles or questions when trying to unblock Bybit, you can always get 24/7 support via the live chat. Alternatively, there is an extensive knowledge base, how-to guides, and other valuable resources.
The pricing for a NordVPN subscription starts from only $3.29/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee included. You can pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other coins.
Check out our full NordVPN review for more information.
- Many RAM-only servers in Bybit-allowed countries
- Focused on privacy and security
- Blazing-fast speeds with NordLynx
- Compatible with all major devices
- Dedicated IP for 2 devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Android-only free trial
2. Surfshark – top-tier Bybit VPN for unlimited devices
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||Unlimited devices|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Surfshark is another leading VPN for cryptocurrency trading on Bybit. It offers strong security features and unlimited simultaneous connections so that you could buy, sell, and trade crypto coins on as many devices as you need.
Security and privacy: Surfshark employs XChaCha20 encryption and is based in the Netherlands. Even though it’s part of the 9-Eyes alliance, there’s an independently audited no-logs policy put in place. As a result, the data about your crypto transactions remains accessible only to you.
Features: this provider covers the basic security needs when trading cryptocurrencies by offering a reliable kill switch as well as DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. If you need additional security, there’s an option to get the Surfshark One bundle that includes an antivirus solution. What’s more is that we’ve also used Surfshark to bypass geo-restrictions on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, and other streaming services.
Compatibility: you can install this VPN on all popular devices, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. We’ve tested its dedicated apps and they are very intuitive and easy to use – you can connect to a Bybit-allowed location within seconds and start trading immediately.
Customer support: any potential issues can also be resolved right away via the 24/7 live customer support option. In addition, you can find useful information in a comprehensive knowledge base with how-to articles and guides.
It’s also worth mentioning that Surfshark subscriptions start from as low as $2.30/month and all include a 30-day money-back guarantee. There’s an option to pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.
Read our full Surfshark review for more details.
- Huge server selection in Bybit-allowed locations
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Uses XChaCha20 encryption
- Speedy services with WireGuard
- Affordable pricing plans
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No dedicated IPs
3. PureVPN – excellent Bybit VPN for privacy-focused users
|Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||10 devices|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PureVPN, now 81% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
PureVPN falls into the category of best VPNs for Bybit as well. It not only has servers in countries like the UK to help you unblock this crypto trading platform, but also an always-on audit policy to keep the highest standards of privacy.
Security and privacy: PureVPN is the first one to implement the Always-on audit strategy that ensures strict compliance with the no-logs policy. Additionally, it’s located in a privacy-friendly jurisdiction, the British Virgin Islands, and uses robust XChaCha20 encryption for data security.
Features: with PureVPN, you get the essential security features, like a kill switch, to protect your private crypto trading information if a VPN connection drops when using public wifi. What’s even better is that there’s also a free dedicated IP option that can help you avoid Bybit VPN blocks. We’ve even managed to access Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other streaming platforms and enjoy movies without buffering.
Compatibility: you can track the cryptocurrency rates and trade on Bybit with this VPN wherever you are. It’s because there are user-friendly apps for all popular devices, like Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS that you can use on up to 10 devices simultaneously.
Customer support: this VPN provides a wide range of customer support options. You can get help via a live chat, email, or find the solutions to your problem in dedicated articles and guides.
PureVPN pricing doesn’t bite either as subscriptions start from as low as $2.08/month with a 31-day money-back guarantee included.
Find more details about this product in our full PureVPN review.
- Large server fleet to unblock Bybit
- Always-on audit
- Dedicated IP for 1 device
- Good speeds with WireGuard
- Strong encryption
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t allow to manually choose a country server
4. ExpressVPN – Fast premium VPN for crypto trading
|Servers/countries:||3000+ servers in 94 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||5 devices|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get ExpressVPN, now 49% OFF the 1-year plan! 🔥|
ExpressVPN is one of the speediest VPNs on the market. With servers in 94 countries, it offers a big range of locations to choose from for fast and discreet crypto trading. With an independently audited no-logs policy, your speedy transactions remain private on Bybit.
Security and privacy: ExpressVPN employs the standard AES 256-GCM cipher to protect your data. However, if you plan to use its Lightway communication protocol, you can switch to a faster ChaCha20/Poly1305 encryption. With an independently audited no-logs policy and base location outside intelligence sharing alliance ExpressVPN is a safe VPN with enough speed for crypto trading.
Features: ExpressVPN comes with a kill switch plus DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. These features let you trade crypto coins without worrying about data leaks when a VPN connection is interrupted. If you have trouble accessing Bybit, dedicated IPs will help you bypass VPN blocks. ExpressVPN is also a great choice for unblocking streaming libraries: Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more.
Compatibility: For trading across different platforms and devices, ExpressVPN has intuitive apps for both desktop and mobile users. Windows and macOS versions work the best and come with all the extra features. However, mobile versions and browser extensions are great lightweight alternatives for crypto trading on the go.
Customer support: ExpressVPN has customer support options via 24/7 live chat or email. On top of that, you can solve most problems faster with the provided knowledge base and setup guides.
While there is no doubt that ExpressVPN is a robust VPN for Bybit, its downside is pricing. For $6.67/month, it is more expensive than many other premium VPNs. You can also pay for the service with cryptocurrency and get a full refund with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To learn more, read our ExpressVPN review.
- Servers in Bybit-allowed countries
- Offers dedicated IPs
- Apps for all major devices
- Has a browser extension
- On the pricier side
- No kill switch for iOS and Chrome extension
5. CyberGhost - solid Bybit VPN with a large server fleet
|Servers/countries:||9700+ servers in 91 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||7 devices|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get CyberGhost VPN, now 83% OFF + 2 months FREE 🔥|
CyberGhost is a good VPN for unblocking Bybit in regulated regions. With over 9700 servers in 91 locations, its massive global coverage will help you the right locale for you to guarantee smooth crypto transactions.
Security and privacy: To keep your transactions safe, CyberGhost protects connections with AES 256-bit encryption. Based in Romania, it is outside the Fourteen Eyes Intelligence Alliance. Paired with an independently audited no-logs policy, CyberGhost guarantees that your Bybit crypto trading stays private.
Features: CyberGhost app comes with a kill switch, DNS, and IPv6 protocol, but lacks WebRTC leak protection. Aside from privacy features, we are happy to see an option for dedicated IPs to counteract VPN blocking. Cyberghost is a great option for unblocking Bybit for trading, and you can also apply it for accessing streaming libraries.
Compatibility: Buying crypto coins requires access to Bybit on multiple devices, and CyberGhost works on all major platforms. It has apps on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOs, and Android, for 7 connections at the same time. You can also connect to a VPN with its browser extension.
Customer Support: CyberGhost offers guides and articles plus answers to FAQs on its website. For a more direct approach, you can contact customer support agents via 24/7 live chat or email.
Coming in at $2.19/month, CyberGhost is not the fastest VPN, but it is a reliable option that has great global coverage. With more servers, you can choose the closest server to minimize latency for crypto trading.
To find out more, read our CyberGhost VPN review.
- Big server fleet
- Dedicated servers
- Cheap pricing
- Apps for major devices
- Slow speeds
- WireGuard connection problems
- Apple devices get fewer features
How we selected and tested these VPNs
In order to find you the best VPNs for Bybit, we’ve tested at least a dozen of different providers according to the following criteria:
- Servers in Bybit-allowed countries. Since there are certain countries where access to Bybit is restricted, like the US, we’ve picked VPNs that have servers in Bybit-allowed regions. This way you can easily connect to one of the servers and trade cryptocurrencies with a VPN from anywhere in the world.
- Strong encryption algorithms. Protecting financial information and assets is a priority for everyone using Bybit or any other crypto exchange platform. For this reason, we’ve tested and selected VPNs with top-class encryption, such as AES-256 and/or XChaCha20. This way, you can be sure that your sensitive data is safe from the outsiders.
- Fast speeds. Crypto trading requires continuous monitoring of the market to notice even the slightest changes that can happen within a few seconds. Luckily, our picked VPNs support the fastest tunneling protocols, like WireGuard, that offers blazing-fast speeds.
- Advanced features. In order to remain undetected when using a VPN, it’s great if the VPN can offer dedicated IPs. We’ve picked VPNs that offer such features to help you easily bypass Bybit VPN blocks.
- Compatibility. You might want to carefully monitor your crypto market changes when on the move, so it’s essential that a VPN would be compatible with all popular devices. Our chosen providers have user-friendly apps for both mobile and desktop devices.
- Price. There’s no need to spend a fortune for above-average VPN services. We’ve carefully examined all available options and selected only those providers that offer top-class services at affordable prices.
Why to use a VPN with Bybit?
If you’re not sure why you should use a VPN with Bybit, here are the main reasons:
- Access Bybit from the US and other restricted countries. This crypto trading platform is not available in all countries. Luckily, a VPN can help you change your IP address and unblock Bybit from the US or anywhere in the world.
- Enhance the security of your crypto transactions. The Best VPN for Bybit can also encrypt your data when in transit and make it unreadable to anyone. As a result, you can increase the security of all your crypto transactions and trades on Bybit.
- Boost your online anonymity even further. While cryptocurrencies are already one of the most private online payment methods, a VPN can reroute your traffic through a secure and encrypted server to keep your details even more private.
Is it illegal to use Bybit VPN in the US?
No, accessing Bybit in the US with a VPN is not illegal. However, it goes against the company’s Terms of Service (ToS). In this case, if the company finds out that you’re violating their ToS, they have the right to terminate, freeze or ban the account.
Therefore, if you do decide to use a VPN, it’s essential to choose a reliable provider that’s capable of avoiding detection. For that, we strongly recommend NordVPN – there’s even an option to get a dedicated IP that would only belong to you.
Why is Bybit banned in the US?
Bybit is not banned in the US. The platform itself made this decision not to operate in the American market because of strict/unclear cryptocurrency trading regulations. As a result, they can avoid potential legal actions with the relevant government bodies.
Meaning that if you try to access Bybit from the USA, you’ll probably receive an error message saying that it’s not available in your region. Luckily, you can unblock Bybit from the US with the help of a VPN.
Bybit restricted countries
The United States is not the only country where users cannot access Bybit. Here is a full list of Bybit restricted regions:
|The US||Ontario (Canada)|
Can I use a free VPN for trading on Bybit?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Bybit if it comes from a reputable provider. Our top choices are ExpressVPN and CyberGhost. Even though they have monthly data caps and a limited number of servers in a few countries, they are safe to use.
However, if you do decide to use a product that’s not listed among our best free VPNs, we must warn you of the possible dangers. Unreliable free VPNs might not only be incapable of unblocking Bybit but also be used to distribute malware and other potential threats.
The safest option to get free VPN services is to take advantage of the free trial and the 30-day money-back guarantee options of premium products. You’d be surprised how affordable our top providers can be:
- NordVPN. Advanced encryption, blazing-fast tunneling protocol, huge server selection, and top-class security features – all from only $3.29/month. You can even try it risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee or a free 7-day trial on Android.
- Surfshark. You can unblock Bybit on an unlimited number of devices, enjoy a static IP, and strong security from as low as $2.30/month. There’s even a free trial for Mac, iOS, and Android devices, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Even though Bybit is available in many countries, there are certain restricted regions where crypto traders cannot use its services. For example, you can’t buy, sell or exchange cryptocurrencies on Bybit in the US, unless you have a reliable VPN.
NordVPN, in this case, can help you unblock Bybit and secure your connection when using this cryptocurrency exchange platform. It has many servers in Bybit-allowed locations and strong security features.
If you’ve already tried unblocking Bybit in the US with a VPN, please share your experience with us in the comments below!
More VPN guides for Cybernews
VPNs to buy with a Bitcoin: get more privacy and anonymity
Best VPNs for Coinbase: protect sensitive information when using Coinbase
What's the best VPN for Bybit?
The best VPN for Bybit is NordVPN. It has an impressive number of servers in Bybit-allowed locations, top-class security features to keep your crypto transactions safe, and an option to get a dedicated IP to remain completely anonymous online.
Can I use Bybit in the UK with a VPN?
Yes, you can access Bybit in the UK with a VPN or without one since the country doesn’t fall into the list of Bybit restricted regions. However, connecting to a secure VPN server can definitely help you secure your crypto trading activities so we’d always recommend using a VPN with Bybit in the UK.
Does Bybit need KYC?
Yes, Bybit has the right to ask for KYC verification at all times. However, generally it’s not required if you’re withdrawing less than 2 BTC per day. Withdrawing 2-50 BTC demands the level 1 KYC and amounts between 50-100 BTC per day requires level 2 KYC verification.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked