Although it seems that Singapore is a next-gen country, sadly, its residents are getting limited access to social media networks, online gaming platforms, news, and other banned or censored content. This can be a serious problem not only for locals but travelers as well, as they visit this sunny city-state and get no access to their favorite content. However, a reliable VPN can easily bypass these restrictions.
A high-quality Singapore VPN can bring even more freedom to your online life. With it, you will unblock major global streaming sites like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and more. Plus, you won't need to stress about your security and privacy.
To receive the full package that a VPN can offer, you would need to get the best VPN for Singapore. To help you out, we have tested and listed all the best services down below. Take a look!
Top 5 best VPNs for Singapore
- NordVPN - the best VPN for Singapore
- Surfshark - best budget-friendly Singapore VPN
- IPVanish - most versatile Singapore VPN
- Atlas VPN - security-oriented VPN for Singapore
- PureVPN - constantly audited Singapore VPN
What to look for when choosing a VPN for Singapore?
Each VPN comes with its strengths and weaknesses. However, not every strength or weakness is as important as it might seem when choosing a VPN for Singapore. To learn what exactly matters when picking the best VPN, see the key points below:
- Servers in Singapore. Whether you live in Singapore or just travel there, a local server will be the best option for you. Therefore, look for a VPN that has the biggest location coverage.
- Stable speeds. A VPN should ease your online life instead of making it more difficult. Choose a VPN that retains the most of the baseline speed.
- Access to streaming platforms. A VPN can bring not only security, but also entertainment. Thus, pick a VPN that can unblock various streaming sites with numerous different locations.
- Unblocks geo-restricted websites. Plenty of websites will not allow you in, based on your IP address location. By changing your IP, you can easily bypass these restrictions and browse easily.
The best VPNs for Singapore - our detailed list:
Ranking best VPNs for Singapore requires us to be quite picky. To be exact, while testing dozens of VPNs, we were looking for Singapore servers, good connection speed, a rich suite of security and features.
Let’s take a look at the final list we have compiled:
1. NordVPN - the best VPN for Singapore
|Servers/countries:||5500 servers in 59countries|
|Current deal:||Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE|
With more than 100 servers in Singapore, NordVPN is the best VPN for Singapore whether you live there, or are just planning to make a trip. Not only will it provide you with access to restricted content but it’ll also guarantee you incredible security and privacy.
NordVPN uses advanced AES-256-CBC encryption to protect your data and SHA-512 hash functions to additionally process authentication. Consequently, for anyone who might want to take a look at your online traffic, it would take ages to decrypt it.
NordVPN doesn’t rent servers from anyone. It owns, maintains, and manages all servers of its fleet. Not only they're fast, they're also RAM-only, meaning they're as secure as it gets. So, if you’re looking for a fast and secure Singapore VPN, NordVPN is the #1 pick.
To find out more, read our full NordVPN review.
- Massive variety of servers
- Super fast WireGuard protocol
- Owns its own servers
- High-grade protection
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No port forwarding options
2. Surfshark - most affordable Singapore VPN
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200 servers in 95 countries|
Surfshark offers a wide variety of Asian servers, making it an excellent choice for both getting a Singaporean IP, and accessing the Internet while in Singapore. It’s super fast, too – Surfshark has consistently been one of the fastest VPNs on our list.
Security-wise, Surfshark does very well. Also, the RAM-only servers continuously purge any collected data – ensuring that your browsing remains your own business only. How do we know that? The independent third-party audits focused on browser extensions, server infrastructure, and general security confirm this VPN’s safety.
If you’re looking for a good Singapore VPN, you can’t go wrong with Surfshark.
Check out our in-depth Surfshark review.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- RAM-only servers
- Plenty of Asian servers
- Excellent performance
- Great price
- No phone customer support line
3. IPVanish - Singapore VPN with exclusive features
|Based in:||The US|
|Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 69% OFF IPVanish + Antivirus|
IPVanish is a solid all-around Singapore VPN, offering plenty of Asian servers, solid speeds, as well as great security and customization. It’s ideal if you’re a traveler or an avid user of Singapore’s ample public Wi-Fi networks.
For public Wi-Fi, you need a VPN to protect your computer and data. The On Demand feature will let you fully automate your connection, giving you full peace of mind when you browse online, wherever you are. For example, the VPN could only connect when you’re using Wi-Fi, protecting you from unsafe online networks, but turning off when you’re on cellular.
With 256-bit AES encryption, a reliable kill switch, and a SOCKS5 proxy for torrenting, you’ll be able to use IPVanish all across the world, Singapore included.
What to know more? Check out our IPVanish review.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Connection automation options
- Reliable proxy for torrenting
- Solid value for money
- Not always works in China
4. Atlas VPN - one of the safest Singapore VPNs
|Servers/countries:||750 servers in 78 countries|
|Current deal:||Get Atlas VPN, now 81% OFF|
Atlas is a solid VPN for Singapore offering solid performance, excellent streaming capabilities, and additional features to make your browsing safer than ever before.
Atlas VPN is a great option for streaming and torrenting. Despite only having 750 servers in 37 countries, it offers several locations in Asia, including Singapore and offers the super-fast WireGuard protocol for optimal performance. But the real Atlas VPN trick comes in the form of browsing tools.
SafeBrowse will block any malicious websites that you visit, helping to protect your devices from various forms of malware. Then there’s also SafeSwap – it rotates your IP address when you’re connected. The IP rotations are completely random, giving you an extra layer of protection. SafeSwap is available on 3 worldwide server locations – one of them being Singapore.
With affordable prices and excellent browsing features, Atlas VPN is a great VPN choice for Singapore.
To find out more about this VPN, check out our Atlas VPN review.
- Secure browsing and malware detection features
- IP address rotation
- Live customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Based in the US
- Small server fleet
5. PureVPN - Singapore VPN with constant audits
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||6500servers in 78 countries|
|Current deal:||Get PureVPN 82% OFF + 3 months FREE|
PureVPN is a highly-secure VPN, offering solid performance, constant security audits, and a few excellent browsing features, making it a great all-around Singapore VPN.
This VPN supports the WireGuard protocol, meaning it offers both excellent performance and solid security. With consistent and fast speeds, you can easily use PureVPN for streaming, torrenting, and regular browsing. During our testing from multiple worldwide locations, we’ve experienced no lag at all.
Speaking of security, it’s not just WireGuard that helps it. It’s further improved by the AES-256 encryption and a super safe British Virgin Islands jurisdiction with user-friendly data retention laws. Plus, the provider is the first on the market to offer Always-On audit, meaning that it’s constantly checked by several independent auditing firms. All in all, if you’re interested in protecting your data, PureVPN is a great Singapore VPN.
To find out more, check out our PureVPN review.
- Always-On security audit
- Solid security features
- Good value for money
- Connection drops sometimes
How we selected and tested these VPNs
To find the best Singapore VPN, we have evaluated them based on the following criteria:
- Number of servers. Having Singaporean servers is a must, yes. However, in order to offer its customers a non-buffering browsing experience, a good VPN also must have enough servers to avoid overcrowding issues.
- Speed. Whether you are video gaming, looking for a recipe online, or face-timing your grandma – a speedy network connection is preferable. Only those VPNs that can bring you the fastest speeds were put on our list.
- Streaming. There’s no secret that a big part of VPN users are fans of streaming platforms. We aren’t an exception. Consequently, we look for VPNs that unblock at least a few major streaming sites.
- Customer support. Both advanced and regular users are likely to face technical issues while using a VPN. And these issues most of the time come unexpectedly, so informative 24/7 support is crucial.
- Price. Considering that a VPN will probably be a long-term purchase, the final price is very important. We made sure that every selected VPN will fit not only your security needs, but also your budget.
Why use a VPN in Singapore?
Singapore is known to be one of the countries where a VPN is a must. Its government legally uses spyware, and online content is strictly limited “for the sake of citizens’ welfare”.
Here’s how a VPN in Singapore can benefit you:
- Get around content restrictions. Many countries decide to put content restrictions on their citizens. You get to enjoy only a limited amount of social media, gaming, and streaming platforms (like Netflix or BBC iPlayer), and news websites are also included. With a VPN, you will bypass these restrictions and enjoy unlimited online content.
- Stay secure and private. The Singaporean government can start monitoring your online activity without a warrant. And Internet Service Providers (ISPs) might sell your data to the government, who is interested in your online activities. A VPN won’t let any prying eyes see what you do online.
- Use P2P file sharing stress-free. Since Singapore is part of the United States-Singapore Free Trade Agreement, the government keeps its eye on torrenting lovers quite diligently. However, a VPN will help you access and torrent P2P files freely.
- Improve your connection speed. Besides your ISP wanting to know how you spend your time online, it might also be throttling your network connection. That means that you will spend more data because the connection will be buffering. A VPN will make sure your connection speed doesn’t get hurt and you won’t need to spend additional pennies over buying extra internet data.
How to use a VPN in Singapore?
Using a VPN in Singapore or other heavily-restricted locations doesn’t require much effort.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use a VPN in Singapore:
- Pick a reliable VPN that offers Singaporean servers. Our recommendation is NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download the application, pick the subscription, and create your account.
- Install the app and log in to your account.
- Look for the Search bar above the servers list and type in Singapore
- Click on Singapore and select a server of your choice, or hit Quick Connect
- You are now connected!
To make sure that everything is working fine, you can navigate to Google and type in What’s my IP address. Write down the address, disconnect from a VPN, and repeat the process. If your IP address is different than it was with a VPN on, then your VPN provider is doing a great job and doesn’t allow your IP address to leak. Don’t forget to reconnect after disconnecting from a VPN for testing purposes.
Are VPNs legal in Singapore?
Yes, using a VPN in Singapore is currently legal. Yet, even though using a VPN is allowed, accessing banned content with the help of a VPN might be considered to be illegal. Therefore, you need to find the most secure VPN there is. With it, you’ll be able to bypass content restrictions and not worry about the government penalizing you.
Furthermore, the Singaporean government is itching to go another way - the China and Iraq way. Meaning, there are high chances of VPN usage getting banned in Singapore in the future. Nevertheless, you may still enjoy online freedom as of now.
VPNs with servers located in Singapore
Here are different VPN providers compared to each other regarding their number of servers in Singapore:
|Servers in Singapore||100+ Singapore servers||4 Singapore servers||29 Singapore servers||1 Singapore server||24 Singapore servers|
|Global servers||5500 in 59 countries||3200 in 95 countries||2000 in 50 countries||750 in 37 countries||6500 in 78 countries|
|Get NordVPN||Get Surfshark||Get IPVanish||Get Atlas VPN|
Can I use a free VPN in Singapore?
Yes, you can use a free VPN in Singapore. However, we don’t recommend using a free VPN for Singapore, or for any other country or purpose for that matter.
A free VPN isn’t able to completely guarantee you online security and privacy. The user activity data of free VPNs tends to become a product that gets sold to third-parties, such as restrictive governments. So, a free VPN not only collects your data but also gives it away, which may result in identity theft or infected devices.
Moreover, free VPNs offer a limited number of servers and locations and you barely get useful features to use. Besides, accessing major streaming services is virtually impossible.
All in all, a free VPN can’t provide you with all the essentials that a paid VPN can. However, our top VPNs such as NordVPN and Surfshark offer free trials and 30-day money-back guarantees that you can benefit from and stay completely secure at the same time.
Bypassing the internet censorship and bans of a heavily restrictive country can be a stressful task if you can’t find the right way to do it. And at this point, you should already be aware that a VPN is the best way to regain online freedom in Singapore.
Using a VPN in Singapore is completely legal, so no one will come after you for using it. But be careful to use only the best VPN, so your IP address doesn’t get leaked.
On top of that, with a reliable VPN, like NordVPN, the government and your ISP won’t be able to track your online activities. Also, you will be protected from malware, dangerous ads, and trackers.
Finally, a VPN can unblock global online content on apps such as TikTok, and you won’t miss an episode of your favorite Netflix show ever again.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
Best VPNs for Australia: prevent your browsing traffic from being exposed
Best VPNs for Japan: unblock geo-restricted content with ease
Best VPNs for Canada: secure your internet freedom
Best VPNs for Ukraine: get a Ukrainian IP address
Best VPNs for UAE: reduce internet censorship with a VPN
Which VPN is best for Singapore?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Singapore. It’s incredibly secure and offers more than 100 servers in Singapore. Also, NordVPN is just splendid at unblocking restricted global content such as streaming sites, online games, and more.
Can I use a VPN in Singapore?
Yes, you can use a VPN in Singapore – they are completely legal by the law. With so many public Wi-Fi networks all over Singapore, VPN use is actually recommended, as they'll help protect your device from possible attacks.