How to watch Channel 4 in the USA in 2023
Channel 4 (also known as All 4 or 4oD) is one of the UK’s most popular TV channels, but due to licensing agreements, its content is geo-restricted. This means that it is only available in the UK. But the good news is that you can get around these restrictions and watch Channel 4 content from anywhere in 2023 by using a VPN.
A VPN works by routing your traffic through a server in a different location. So, if you want to change your location to access Channel 4 from outside the UK, all you need to do is sign up for a reliable VPN that has UK servers.
But is it really that simple? Does it work on all devices? And which VPNs work best for this? Read on as we talk you through everything you need to know.
How to watch Channel 4 in the US with VPN
Why do you need a VPN to watch Channel 4 in the US?
Channel 4 is only available in the UK. This is because Channel 4’s content is geo-restricted in order to comply with UK distribution rights and copyright laws. Therefore, if you want to watch Channel 4 or the All 4 streaming service from outside the UK, you will need to use a VPN to connect to a UK server. This will then issue your device with a UK IP address, which will allow you to bypass these restrictions.
If you try to access Channel 4 platforms from the US or anywhere else outside the UK without a VPN, you will get an error message saying that Channel 4 content is not available in your area.
If this happens to you, all you need to do is use a reliable VPN like these to connect to a server in the UK. This will make it appear as if you are in the UK, which will get around Channel 4’s region restrictions and allow you to watch Channel 4’s content.
A VPN also has the added benefit of protecting your online privacy by encrypting your data. This keeps it hidden from third parties and hackers.
Best VPNs for Channel 4 that work
- NordVPN - the best Channel 4 VPN for flawless steaming experience
- Surfshark - unlimited simultaneous connections to watch Channel 4 on all of your home devices
- PureVPN - a good choice to have a fast connection and a buffer-free streaming on Channel 4
If you want to watch Channel 4 in the US, you will need a reliable VPN with fast speeds and plenty of servers in the UK. Unfortunately, there are lots of VPNs that don't deliver their promises. For this reason, it's best to pick a tested tool that's already proven to unblock Channel 4 to the experts so that you wouldn't need to risk your own time and money.
Below you will find three of our favorite VPNs that not only consistently unblock Channel 4, but also lots of other streaming platforms like Netflix.
1. NordVPN - best VPN to watch Channel 4 in US
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5700+ servers in 60 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||🔥NordVPN coupon 63% OFF🔥|
NordVPN is our favorite VPN for watching Channel 4 platforms from anywhere in the world because it has more than 440 servers in the UK alone. This means you will not be short of servers to choose from. If the server you are connected to doesn’t successfully unblock all the UK content you want to watch, you can simply switch to another one.
And if you want to watch content from anywhere else in the world, NordVPN has 5700 servers globally. So once you have watched everything you want to watch on Channel 4, you can use NordVPN to access foreign versions of Netflix and Amazon Prime, along with other region-restricted streaming apps.
NordVPN is also an extremely secure option. It offers 256-bit AES encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. So it will protect your privacy by hiding your online activity. And it comes with unlimited bandwidth and fast internet speeds, so it is ideal for streaming content. If you want to try it out, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more info, check out our in-depth NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark - good VPN option to stream Channel 4
|🌎Based in:||The Netherlands|
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Surfshark does not have as many servers as NordVPN, but it is a cheaper option that will still help you bypass Channel 4’s location restrictions. It has server locations in London, Manchester, and Glasgow, so you will be able to get a UK IP address without any issues.
Overall, Surfshark has a total of 3200 servers around the world, so you can also use it to unblock content in other countries once you have watched everything you want to on Channel 4.
Surfshark comes with 256-bit encryption, a kill switch and DNS, and IPv6 leak protection, so it is a very secure option and will protect your privacy. It is extremely fast and reliable too, with unlimited bandwidth. So you will be able to enjoy fast streaming speeds. It also comes with a free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can see if you like it.
You can also read our full Surshark VPN review.
3. PureVPN - fast and reliable VPN
|🌎Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|🖥️Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78+ countries|
|🔥Coupons:||🔥PureVPN coupon 81% OFF🔥|
PureVPN is a very useful option for bypassing region restrictions in the UK and watching Channel 4 because it has three server locations in the UK. This means you can use it to get a UK IP address. PureVPN also has more than 6500 servers worldwide, so you can use it to watch content from other countries if you get bored of Channel 4.
It offers excellent online privacy, including port forwarding, kill switch, split tunneling, and 256-bit encryption. It also comes with unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds, so it is a pretty neat option for streaming content.
PureVPN comes with a 31-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial, so you can try it out before committing.
Don't forget to read our full PureVPN review.
How to sign up to Channel 4 from anywhere
Channel 4 is completely free to watch, so you won’t need to add any payment details. If you want to sign up for a Channel 4 account outside the UK, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Choose a VPN with plenty of UK servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Sign in and connect to a UK server.
- Head over to www.channel4.com or download the All 4 app from your app store.
- Sign in or click Register for an account.
- Enter your email address and set a password.
- Verify your email address.
- Enter your date of birth. This is to confirm you are at least 16 years old.
- Enter a UK address with a UK postcode. If you don’t have one, you can find one using a random address generator.
- Sit back and start watching Channel 4’s content. It really is as simple as that.
How to watch Channel 4 in US on your device
You can watch Channel 4 on any device, provided you can connect it to your VPN. This means that you can watch it on your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet. You can even watch it on a smart TV or streaming stick. All you need to do is connect your VPN to your Wi-Fi router.
Here, we will talk you through how to watch Channel 4 on some of the most popular devices:
- Watch Channel 4 on Windows or Mac
- Watch Channel 4 on Android
- Watch Channel 4 on iOS
- Watch Channel 4 on your smart TV
- Watch Channel 4 on your Roku
Watch Channel 4 on your Windows and Mac PC
If you want to use your PC or laptop to watch Channel 4, you can do this directly on your web browser. This will work on either Windows or Mac. Here is what you need to do:
- Download a reliable VPN onto your PC or Mac.
- Install your VPN and set up an account.
- Use your VPN to connect to the UK server.
- Go to channel4.com and set up an account.
- Start binge-watching your favorite content.
Watch Channel 4 on Android
If you want to watch Channel 4 on your Android device, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Download a good VPN onto your Android device.
- Set up your VPN and connect to a UK server.
- Go to your Google Play app and download the All 4 app.
- Sign in or set up an account.
- Enjoy watching Channel 4!
Watch Channel 4 on iOS (iPad and iPhone)
You can also watch Channel 4 on Apple devices by using a VPN. Here is how to do it:
- Download and install a VPN on your iPhone or iPad.
- Create an account and connect to a server in the UK.
- Download the All 4 app from the Apple App Store.
- Sign in or set up an account.
- Start streaming Channel 4 content!
Watch Channel 4 on your smart TV
Smart TV is an excellent option fort streaming Channel 4 and here's how you can do that with a VPN:
- Choose and download a VPN on your smart TV.
- Create an account and connect to the UK-based server.
- Download the Channel 4 UK app on your smart TV
- Sing up or create an account.
- Start enjoying Channel 4!
Watch Channel 4 on your Roku
If you want to stream Channel 4 outside the US with the help of Roku, follow the steps below:
- Download a VPN with plenty of UK servers.
- Sign up for the VPN service and connect to the UK server.
- Insert Roku stick to your smart TV using the HDMI port.
- Choose Channel 4 on your TV’s home screen.
- Log in or create an account for Channel 4 and start watching.
Watch Channel 4 (All 4) in the USA, Australia or from anywhere
If you want to watch Channel 4 outside the UK, you will need a UK IP address. So, if you want to watch Channel 4 or All 4 outside the UK, you will need to use a VPN to connect to a UK server or the countries listed below:
|Countries where Channel 4 is available|
|Republic of Ireland|
Here is what you need to do to watch Channel 4 in the US and other countries:
- Download and install a VPN that suits your needs. We suggest NordVPN.
- Open up your VPN app and create an account.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Download the All 4 app or visit channel4.com.
- Sign in or set up an account.
- Grab the popcorn and start streaming!
So, keep in mind that whether you live in the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, France, or any other country, the best way to bypass Channel 4 geo-restrictions is to get a VPN. With a VPN, you can effortlessly connect to the UK server or any country where Channel 4 is available!
For more UK VPN alternatives, check our guide on the best VPNs for UK.
Channel 4 not working with a VPN? Here's how to fix
Even when you have a reputable VPN, it's possible that you may encounter some problems when trying to access Channel 4. Here are the possible reasons why you might still encounter a blocked page:
- You might experience IP leaks
- Your cookies and cache files might reveal your real location
- Channel 4 has blocked the IP addresses of your VPN
- You IP and GPS location might clash
Luckily, there are a few things you can try right away if Channel 4 is not working with your VPN:
- Clear the cookies and cache files from your device
- Google "what is my IP address" and check if the VPN doesn't leak your IP
- Try another browser or the Incognito mode
- Try changing the tunneling protocol or server
- Contact the customer support of your VPN
If nothing you try works, you might need to get a different VPN service. For example, NordVPN is less likely to have connection issues than other VPNs.
How to watch Channel 4 (All 4): Video guide
In case you perceive information better when it's in a video format, then we recommend watching our guide on how to unblock Channel 4 from anywhere. Believe me, it's really simple!
Is it possible to watch Channel 4 in the US with a free VPN?
While it may be technically possible to watch Channel 4 (including 4 oD and All 4) with a free VPN service, it is not a good idea to do so. For one thing, free VPNs are far more likely to be blocked by streaming services than reputable VPNs, so it is possible that a free VPN would not be able to bypass Channel 4’s geo-restrictions. And even if it did work, a free VPN will be a lot less secure than a paid-for one. In fact, most free VPNs make money by selling customer data to third-party sites.
A freemium VPN like one of these is a slightly better alternative to a free VPN. This is a free version offered by some paid-for VPNs. However, these usually come with data caps and are not as good at unblocking content from major streaming services. This is hardly ideal for streaming content on Channel 4, as it probably will not work. If you want to try one out though, you could try Windscribe’s freemium offering, which has a monthly data cap of 10GB.
However, most of our favorite VPN services come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if there is something specific you want to watch on Channel 4, you could sign up for one of these VPNs, use it to watch Channel 4 for a month, and then cancel your subscription and get your money back:
- NordVPN - this VPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 7-day trial on iOS and iPhone. And it's pretty cheap, too!
- Surfshark - as it offers unlimited simultaneous connections, this VPN is one of the cheapest options out there. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- PureVPN - with a 31-day money-back guarantee and 10 simultaneous devices, PureVPN will give you plenty of time to try out its services.
What can you watch on Channel 4?
Channel 4 is one of the most popular TV channels in the UK, and it boasts the largest library of free on-demand content in the country. It has lots of original content, including critically acclaimed movies and shows. It is also the only place you can watch some of the latest series. Channel 4 is also home to some of the UK’s best-loved comedy shows, as well as documentaries and reality TV shows that will keep you entertained.
Take a look at what you can watch on Channel 4:
|The Undeclared War||2022|
|8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown||2012-current|
|Before We Die||2021-current|
|The Great British Bake Off||2010-current|
It's no wonder that many people all over the world are trying to access Channel 4 - it offers a huge amount of interesting content, from comedies to documentaries.
However, as it's blocked in many, many countries of the world (including the US), a VPN is the only way to access it for some people. Luckily, we did all the research for you and collected a small bunch of VPN services that will surely unblock Channel 4 with all of its content.
Putting it all together, NordVPN is our favorite VPN service to watch Channel 4 outside the UK. With it, you receive an extensive server fleet, light-fast connection speeds, and top-notch security features. Additionally, they offer 24/7 customer support, so at whatever time in the day you encounter a problem, you will get help.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
How to watch Disney+ Hotstar in the USA
How to watch BBC iPlayer in the USA
How to watch ITV Hub in the USA
How to watch Sky One TV in the US
How to watch Crave TV while in USA
Can I watch Channel 4 from outside the UK?
No, Channel 4 is not available outside the UK. But you can access it from anywhere in the world by using a reputable VPN. All you need to do is download a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, create an account, and use the VPN to connect to a server in the UK. Then, go to channel4.com or download the All 4 app, create an account, and you will be able to watch Channel 4 from anywhere in the world.
How can I stream British TV in the USA?
If you want to access British TV in the US, all you need to do is download a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN and use it to connect to a UK server. This will provide you with a UK IP address, which will allow you to bypass British geo-restrictions. You can then watch UK streaming services, including BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, and the ITV Hub.
How do I get Channel 4 on my TV?
If you are in the UK, you can access Channel 4 on your freeview TV, or you can download the All 4 app onto your smart TV, PlayStation, or streaming stick. However, if you are outside the UK, you will need to use a VPN to access the All 4 app. Some smart TVs and streaming sticks will let you download a VPN app. If you can’t do this, you can connect your VPN to your Wi-Fi router. Once you have used your VPN to connect to a UK server, you should then be able to download the All 4 app and watch it on your TV.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked