The English Premier League (EPL) is the top-level English football league system. After a short pause, the English Premier League returned to action on 6th August 2022.
|Dates:||6 August 2022 – 28 May 2023|
|Stream in the US:||Peacock, Sling TV, fuboTV|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
|Stream in the UK:||BT Sport, Sky Sports|
Unfortunately, due to broadcasting rights as well as geo-blocking, people outside the UK might find themselves blocked from some streaming services that show English Premier League, such as BT Sport and Sky Sports.
To get around this issue, use a reliable VPN. It will hide your real IP address, and it will look like you’re tuning in from a location where the EPL live stream is available. Alongside unblocking EPL streams, a VPN will keep you safe and anonymous online.
Watch Premier League live with a VPN
- Choose a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Download and install the VPN onto your device.
- Connect to a server in a country streaming the EPL, such as the UK.
- Head to BT Sport or any other streaming service of your choice, find a match, and enjoy the action!
Why do you need a VPN to watch the Premier League?
Many broadcasting services have geo-restrictions in place. This means that, depending on your location, you may not be able to access EPL live streams.
By using a VPN, you can get around these restrictions. VPNs will hide your real location and trick streaming services into thinking you are somewhere where EPL is readily available. The US, Canada, and the UK have the best selection of streamed EPL games. With a VPN set to the USA location, the streaming service will unlock the content for you.
However, with so many VPNs on the market, it can be hard to know which provider is best for your needs. In the next section, we’ll introduce you the top 3 VPN options for streaming the EPL online – wherever you are in the world.
Best VPNs to watch Premier League online
We’ve tried and tested just about every VPN on the market. Here are the top 3 options for watching the EPL online in 2022-2023 that can easy access geo-restricted content and allow you to catch the games from anywhere:
- NordVPN – best VPN for streaming Premier League overall. With more than 5500 servers in 59 countries, you can enjoy not only unlimited streaming, but also fast speeds and strong security. NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is a perfect option for trying it out.
- Surfshark – a super affordable VPN that comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 7-day free trial for macOS, Android, and iOS devices. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections, so your entire household can use it at the same time.
- IPVanish – a reliable VPN option that will provide you with strong security features and consistent connections. It has more than 2000 servers in 50 countries, and you can enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee.
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get NordVPN, now 68%% OFF!
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for watching EPL online overall
|🖥Servers:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
Our number one choice, NordVPN is a robust VPN choice for streaming the EPL online. With over 5500 servers in almost 59 countries, it has the largest network of any mainstream VPN provider. It has super-fast connection speeds – so you will be able to catch all the sporting action with no lags or buffering.
NordVPN is capable of unblocking all major streaming services, and will even enable you to unblock EPL live streams on devices that don’t support VPNs. Users will benefit from advanced security features, such as next-gen encryption and a kill switch. Plus, it can be installed manually on specific wireless routers.
NordVPN costs $3.09 per month, but you can also check our attractive NordVPN deals for more offers.
Check out our in-depth NordVPN review.
- 5500+ servers
- SmartPlay for simple streaming
- Consistently unblocks EPL live streams
- Top-level security
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No router app
2. Surfshark – secure and reliable VPN for streaming
|🌎Based in:||The Netherlands|
|🖥Servers:||3200+ servers in 95 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Friendly on the wallet, Surfshark is a great and affordable VPN provider. Not only is Surfshark fast, but it also comes with unlimited connections and a zero-logs policy. It can also unblock all major streaming platforms.
Surfshark provides a host of sophisticated security benefits. These include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS leaks. You can rest easy that your online activity is kept private, and that your identity, data, and location are always hidden.
Surfshark is only $2.30 per month. Make sure to check our exclusive Surfshark deals to check other available discounts.
Read our Surfshark review for more info.
- Easily unblocks EPL streams
- Super-fast and consistent connections
- Very secure VPN with end-to-end encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantee
- The iOS app lacks some features
3. IPVanish – a VPN that consistently unblocks EPL streams
|🌎Based in:||United States|
|🖥Servers:||2000+ servers in 50+ countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 69% OFF|
IPVanish is slightly less popular than NordVPN or Surfshark, however, it comes with all the features you can expect from a reliable VPN.
IPVanish has over 2000 servers in 50 countries and is one of the best options for unblocking geo-restricted content. When using IPVanish, you'll be able to unlock all the major streaming sites and watch EPL from different locations.
IPVanish doesn't disappoint when it comes to security. It uses 256-bit AES encryption and has a wide variety of available tunneling protocols. Even better, its connections are fast and stable.
IPVanish costs only $3.33 per month, and you can currently get it for even less with our exclusive 69% discount coupon.
To find out more, read IPVanish review.
- Reliable VPN for watching EPL
- More than 2000 servers to choose from
- Good customization options
- Solid security settings
- No-fuss 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price plans increase after the first 12 months
How to watch Premier League online in the USA
In the USA, you can watch Premier League on NBC Sports. The games are shown on NBC, the NBC Sports Network, Peacock, and CNBC. It is also available on the NBCSports website. We’ve broken down all of the options for watching EPL online in the USA below:
|Streaming service||Price per month|
|Sling TV (Blue Package)||$35 (3-day free trial)|
|fuboTV||$65 (7-day free trial)|
|Peacock Premium||$4.99 (7-day free trial)|
|YouTube TV||$64.99 (7-day free trial)|
|Hulu + Live TV||$69.99 (7-day free trial)|
How to watch Premier League on Amazon Prime in the USA
Amazon Prime has broadcasting rights in the UK for the 2022/2023 EPL season. In order to watch EPL on the platform from the USA or any other country, simply follow these steps:
- Buy and install a reliable VPN with UK servers. We suggest NordVPN.
- Once installed, connect to a server in the UK.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Search for the EPL game of your choice.
- Sit back, and watch the action unfold!
How to watch Premier League on DAZN in the USA
Wondering how to watch all EPL games in the US? DAZN is streaming all of the 2022/2023 EPL season in Canada. The provider has exclusive rights for coverage, and can be accessed in the USA by following the below process:
- Buy and install a VPN provider with servers in Canada. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
- Sign in to your DAZN account.
- Browse the EPL matches.
- Unwind and enjoy the action!
How to watch Premier League from any country
The best and easiest way to watch EPL from any country is by using a VPN. VPNs can change your IP address and help you bypass geo-blocks. This means that you can access streaming platforms that are unavailable in your country and watch EPL without any limitations.
How to watch Premier League in the UK
In the UK, the EPL 2022/2023 games will be streamed across Sky Sports, Amazon Prime, and BT Sports. If you're outside the country, the process of watching the matches is pretty simple, just follow these steps:
- Buy and download a VPN with UK servers. NordVPN has large UK server list.
- Once installed, connect to a UK server.
- Sign in to Sky Sports, Amazon Prime, or BT Sports.
- Find an EPL game, and enjoy!
How to watch Premier League in Canada
In Canada, it’s easy to watch every EPL 2022/2023 live stream on DAZN. The service is offering a 30-day free trial to new customers and costs $20 CAD per month afterward. Follow these easy steps to stream the EPL matches online, even if you're outside the country:
- Download and install a VPN with Canadian servers. We advise to pick NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
- Login to your DAZN account.
- Find an EPL match.
- Tune in, sit back, and watch your favorite players compete!
How to watch Premier League on your device
You can catch the EPL action on a range of devices, including your smartphone, PC, and streaming devices such as Roku, Kodi, Apple TV, and Fire Stick. All you need to do is download a VPN app, create your account and then connect to your chosen device. In the next section, we’ll take you through the process of streaming EPL on various devices:
- Watch EPL on your smartphone
- Watch EPL on your smart TV
- Stream EPL on your Roku
- Stream EPL on your Kodi
- Stream EPL on your Apple TV
- Stream EPL on your Fire Stick
How to watch Premier League on smartphone
Looking to catch your favorite players on your phone? We’ve got you covered, just check out the following steps:
- Download a reliable VPN. Try NordVPN as it is compatible with most mobile devices.
- Select the country of your choice and connect.
- Go to a streaming platform available in your chosen location on your browser.
- Alternatively, head to the App Store or Google Play Store to download the associated app for your chosen streaming platform.
- Login, or sign up for an account.
- Tune into the action, and enjoy!
How to watch Premier League on smart TV
If you want to watch the EPL action on your big screen, check out our simple instructions below:
- Download a reliable VPN. NordVPN is the top-rated option.
- Install the VPN on your router.
- Connect to a server in the country of your choice.
- Connect your smart TV to your router.
- Search for the app of your chosen streaming service.
- Install the app on your TV.
- Sign in, and tune in to your favorite EPL games.
How to stream EPL on Roku
Looking to stream EPL on your Roku device? Check out our guide below:
- Download a VPN and install it onto your router. Grab NordVPN, currently 68% OFF.
- Connect to a server in your chosen location.
- Connect your Roku device to your router.
- Login to your desired streaming service.
- Find an EPL match, sit back, and enjoy!
How to stream EPL on Kodi
To stream EPL games on your Kodi device, simply follow these steps:
- Download a VPN and install it onto your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in your chosen location.
- Install the app of your streaming service onto your Kodi device.
- Login to your streaming service account.
- Search for your chosen EPL game, and enjoy!
How to stream EPL on Apple TV
Want to catch your favorite team on your Apple TV? Follow the steps outlined below:
- Download and install a reliable VPN. NordVPN is the best pick for Apple TV.
- Connect to a server in your chosen country.
- Head to the App Store and search for your streaming service app.
- Download the app and login.
- Tune into the EPL and watch the action unfold.
How to stream EPL on Fire Stick
To catch the EPL action on your Fire Stick, check out the process we’ve put together below:
- Download and install a robust VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in your chosen location.
- Search for your chosen streaming service in your Fire Stick dashboard.
- Download the relevant app onto your device.
- Log in to your account.
- Find a game, sit back, and enjoy!
Can you watch Premier League online for free?
The EPL can be found for free on select streaming sites. However, these sites offer an illegal method of streaming copyright protected materials, and as such they are usually not secure. If you’re going to go down this route, we highly recommend that you invest in a good VPN to keep you safe online.
Free VPNs are another option available to you. Once again, we tend to advise against this – as free VPNs are usually funded through tracked ads, and the sale of your data. A somewhat more reliable option here would be to use a freemium. A freemium is a free version of a VPN offered by some providers.
As a rule, freemiums tend to be limited. They usually have a data cap, and they are incapable of unblocking all streaming services. We believe that the best freemium options on the market are ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN.
If you're looking for the cheapest way to watch EPL online, you should keep in mind that the top 3 VPN providers for watching Premier League all come with 30-day money-back guarantees, so you can test them out without any risks. These include:
- NordVPN – the best VPN for streaming EPL without any restrictions. And it's only $3.09 per month after the 30-day money-back guarantee expires.
- Surfshark – for just $2.30 per month, Surfshark easily unblocks all major streaming sites and allows you to watch EPL from anywhere.
- IPVanish – reliable VPN that consistently unblocks EPL live streams. It's only $3.33 per month.
Everything you should know about EPL
The English Premier League is one of the most prestigious and most-watched sporting events in the world. Established back in 1992, this year marks the 31st season for the league.
Each season, the EPL hosts 20 teams for 380 matches. These teams go head to head for the championship, which is decided in the finale in late May. This year, clubs will be able to make 5 instead of 3 substitutions.
After a triumphant victory in the 2021-22 season, Manchester City became champions for the second time in a row.
Premier League schedule
The 2022/23 Premier League schedule is already out. We've outlined some of the most thrilling matches you cannot allow yourself to miss.
|Arsenal vs Spurs||Saturday 1 October|
|Man City vs Man Utd||Sunday 2 October|
|Leicester vs Nott'm Forest||Monday 3 October|
|Bournemouth vs Leicester||Saturday 8 October|
|Crystal Palace vs Leeds||Sunday 9 October|
|Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa||Monday 10 October|
|Brentford vs Brighton||Friday 14 October|
|Leicester vs Crystal Palace||Saturday 15 October|
|Aston Villa vs Chelsea||Sunday 16 October|
|Brighton vs Nottingham Forest||Tuesday 18 October|
Our final thoughts
The EPL is a hugely popular sporting event around the world. This prestigious football contest is now in its 30th year – and Manchester City are predicted to win this season.
Despite its popularity, fans may struggle to stream live action online. This is a result of geo-blocks put in place by broadcasting services. To get around the issue, we recommend using a reliable and robust VPN provider, such as NordVPN.
A VPN will help you mask your location and change your IP address, unblocking EPL games from any country. Alongside unlocking the matches, a VPN provides various security benefits to keep you (and your device) safe online.
Have you tried using a VPN to watch the EPL action online? Your feedback helps us to create better and more useful guides – so we’d love to hear from you! Please drop us a message in the comment section below.
More VPN guide from Cybernews
How can I watch the EPL abroad?
You can watch the EPL from anywhere in the world with the help of a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN. You simply need to connect to a server in a location that broadcasts the games.
Is it legal to watch the EPL with a VPN?
Yes, it's legal to use a VPN to watch the EPL online unless you live in a country that forbids the usage of VPNs! You can read more about it in our VPN legality guide.
What is the best free VPN to watch the EPL online?
We advise against using free VPN providers, but we believe the best free options available are ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN.
How to watch Premier League in Spanish language?
Spanish speakers can watch Premier League games on Spanish-language TV networks such as Telemundo and Universo, which was formerly known as mun2. In most cases, Universo airs 1-2 Saturday games, whereas Telemundo usually shows games on Sunday mornings.