The UFC broadcasts the world’s best mixed martial arts (MMA). The premium MMA organization has skyrocketed in popularity, with millions of fans worldwide. Despite the mass appeal, broadcasting rights are largely allocated to local TV channels and streaming sites in countries outside the US. This means you may be unable to watch all the UFC fights available on UFC TV.
Fortunately, there is a way around the issue. By using a reliable VPN and connecting to a US server, you will be able to stream UFC without issue. In this article, we’ll show you exactly how to use a VPN to watch UFC on multiple streaming platforms – from anywhere, without a cable channel.
Quick guide on how to stream UFC 263 with a VPN
- Get a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, which is now 72% OFF!
- Connect to a server in a country that has the broadcasting rights to UFC.
- Connect to a streaming service that you are subscribed to (ESPN is generally considered the best option for streaming UFC).
- Pick the UFC stream, and enjoy!
Why do you need a VPN to watch UFC?
The UFC has a strict blackout policy in place, meaning that fights are blacked out because national or local cable networks have exclusive rights to broadcast them.
Blackouts are specific to your location. Fortunately, you can get around the restrictions with a VPN – which will make it seem as if you are viewing from a location where the blackouts don’t apply.
Choosing a high-quality VPN is really important here. This is because premium VPNs update their server’ IPs frequently to avoid detection. Lots of streaming services use anti-VPN technology to detect and block VPNs that are of lower quality.
You’ll also want to pick a VPN that has fast and reliable connection speeds. You don’t want to miss a winning shot just because your connection lagged!
A VPN is also useful because it provides multiple security benefits. Alongside split tunneling, a decent VPN will also offer data encryption, and an automatic internet kill switch.
The best streaming services to watch UFC
Below we’ve outlined some of the best streaming services on which to watch UFC, alongside the countries they are available in.
|Broadcasting / streaming service||Countries available|
|UFC Fight Pass||USA | Canada | Italy | Spain | Australia | UK | Germany|
Of course, if none of the services mentioned here are available in your country, you’ll need to find a reliable VPN for streaming first!
How to stream UFC from your country
Not every country has the right to broadcast UFC. So, depending on where you are in the world, you might need to use a VPN to watch the fights. Here’s how to watch UFC wherever you are:
UFC in Canada
To watch UFC in Canada, you’ll need to use a VPN with US servers. Once you’ve installed the VPN, connect to a US server and then sign up for a streaming service that shows UFC. Alternatively, you can watch UFC in Canada with a UFC Fight Pass subscription.
Once this process is complete, you can begin streaming UFC in Canada!
UFC in the USA
To watch UFC events in the US, all you will need is a ESPN+ subscription which costs $5.99 a month. If you don’t have ESPN membership, you can pick another streaming service that shows the fights.
Alternatively, you can watch UFC in the USA with a UFC Fight Pass subscription.
UFC in Australia
ESPN is available as part of the Foxtel iQ’s pay TV Sports HD pack in Australia. You’ll need to get a VPN with US servers if you’re not signed up for this service. You can then connect to a US server and login to your chosen streaming platform to catch a fight.
Alternatively, you can find UFC content in Australia on the streaming service Kayo Sports. There is a range of packages available, and you can view content on up to three devices at once.
UFC in the UK
In the UK, BT Sport has exclusive rights to UFC events. This means that every UFC Fight Night is shown on BT Sport as standard. The coverage of UFC is also available via the BT Sport app and on its website – so you can live stream UFC on most devices. Alternatively, you can watch UFC in the UK with a UFC Fight Pass subscription.
How to watch UFC on your device
In this section, we will take you step by step through the process of streaming UFC on your various devices.
Watch UFC on your PC (Windows or Mac)
To watch the UFC online with your PC, you need to follow this process:
- Download a VPN on your computer (we recommend NordVPN).
- Install the VPN and choose a server in a country that shows UFC.
- Sign up to a streaming service that shows UFC.
- Choose a fight and enjoy.
Watch UFC on your Android
To watch the UFC on your phone, you need to follow this process:
- Choose a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download your VPN and create an account, then choose a US server and connect to it.
- Head to the app store or Google Play Store and download the UFC app.
- Open the app, then click on Settings and Login to your UFC account.
- Once logged in, return to the home screen.
- Hit the UFC logo, choose a stream and enjoy!
Watch UFC on Kodi
To watch the UFC online we offer to install a VPN for Kodi, you need to follow this process:
- Sign up for a VPN of your choice. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in a country where UFC is available. If you’re using UFC Fight Pass, for example, you should connect to a US or UK server.
- Stream through your chosen Kodi addon and enjoy!
Watch UFC on Firestick
To watch the UFC online with your Firestick, you need to follow this process:
- Download a VPN to your Firestick. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to the server of your choice.
- Look for a streaming platform that is live streaming UFC and start watching!
Watch UFC on Roku
To watch the UFC online with Roku, you need to follow this process:
- Download a VPN with lots of US servers, and connect to a US server. We recommend NordVPN.
- Subscribe to a streaming service that shows UFC.
- On your Roku menu, navigate to Search and click OK.
- Enter the name of the streaming service you subscribe to in the search bar.
- Select the streaming service and click OK, then select Add Channel and press OK on your remote.
- The app is now installed on Roku! Open the app and enjoy UFC.
Watch UFC on Apple TV
- If necessary, download a VPN with lots of US servers, and connect to a US server. We recommend NordVPN.
- Visit UFC Fight Pass to order the Pay Per View.
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for UFC.
- Click to install the UFC app on your Apple TV.
- Sign in and enter your UFC Fight Pass login – then enjoy!
How to bypass a UFC fight blackout
Broadcast rights to UFC are distributed to local TV channels and streaming sites in countries outside of the US. Viewers may find that some fights are blacked out in certain countries – even those that pay for a Fight Pass subscription or pay-per-view. This is because blackout restrictions can vary from fight to fight.
To bypass a UFC fight blackout, you can use a VPN to trick UFC into thinking you’re located in the US. A VPN will assign you a new IP address and spoof the location of your device.
Best VPNs to bypass UFC geo-restrictions
Choosing the best VPN services for bypassing the UFC geo-restrictions can be tricky as there are so many options to filter through. However, there are a few characteristics that you should always look out for.
Here’s what you should look for in a VPN:
- Uses innovative technology to ensures high internet speeds
- Doesn’t log any information that can be traced back to you
- Unblocks the required streaming services
- Is compatible with all major operating systems
- Provides reliable security features
- Can be used on multiple devices at once
While there are multiple VPN services that meet the criteria listed above, we highly recommend NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark for changing your location. We’ll take a look at these options in more detail below.
NordVPN is one of the best options for watching UFC. It has over 5500 servers across 59 countries, and it unblocks pretty much all streaming services thanks to innovative technology.
Another benefit to using NordVPN is that it supports all major devices, and it can be used on six devices at once. You can also use NordVPN’s Smart DNS feature if you are struggling to install a VPN directly onto your device.
Prices for this service begin at $3.30 a month. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark has around 3200 servers in over 60 countries. It is a super affordable option, with prices starting at just $2.49 per month.
Surfshark can be used on unlimited devices, and all major operating systems are supported. The service ensures fast internet connections through its new tunneling protocol – WIreGuard, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN has over 3000 servers across 90 countries. It unblocks all major streaming services, and it provides excellent internet speed. This means you can watch UFC without buffering.
The service supports Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. Plans with ExpressVPN start at $8.32 a month, but your subscription will come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to stream UFC for free
Though it’s possible to watch UFC with a free VPN, we would generally advise against it. Free VPNs are more likely to be blocked by streaming services than reputable alternatives. This means that many free VPNs will be unable to bypass the geo-restrictions put in place by UFC.
In a nutshell: a free VPN will always be less secure than a paid one – even if it appears to work just fine!
We believe that a better alternative to a free VPN is a freemium. This is a free version offered by some paid-for VPNs. It’s worth noting that these regularly come with data caps and are not as efficient at unblocking content from major streaming services. This could be an issue when trying to stream UFC.
Most of our favourite VPNs (mentioned in this article) come with a money-back guarantee. For example, NordVPN has a 30-day refund guarantee if you’re unsatisfied by the service.
You can sign up to one of these services and use it to watch UFC for a month for free. Just be careful to cancel your subscription in time!
The Ultimate Fighting Championship is an American mixed martial arts promotion company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. It has revolutionized the fight business and today it stands as a premium global sports brand, media content company, and the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world.
To stay up to date with the latest UFC news, you can follow their Twitter account for live updates. The next big fight is between Rozenstruik vs Sakai, taking place on Saturday, June 5th – showing live on ESPN+.
Have you tried to stream UFC with a VPN and experienced any troubles? Please share your experience by leaving a comment below!
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
Is UFC free on Amazon Prime?
No. However, UFC pay-per-view events are available to purchase on Prime Video on an event-by-event basis. You don’t need a Prime membership to view this content.
Where can I watch UFC tonight?
ESPN+ is the home for UFC pay-per-view and live events. Stream a fight tonight on your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Android, or another device.
Is ESPN Plus the only way to watch UFC?
No. ESPN is generally considered the best place to watch UFC, but some select streaming services also show live fights.
Is it legal to watch UFC with a VPN?
Yes. Even though using a VPN to stream geo-restricted content goes against many streaming services’ terms and conditions, it is not illegal.