The UFC broadcasts the world’s best mixed martial arts (MMA). The premium MMA organization has skyrocketed in popularity, with millions of fans worldwide.
|Date & time:||September 23, 6pm ET|
|Watch anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
|Stream in the US:||ESPN+|
|Stream in the UK:||BT Sport|
Despite the mass appeal, figuring out how to watch UFC online might be more complicated than you think. You may be unable to watch all the UFC fights if your country doesn't have exclusive rights to show them.
Fortunately, there is a way around the issue. By using a reliable VPN and connecting to a server in a country where you can stream UFC, you will be able to stream UFC without issues and for free. Most importantly, there will be zero blackouts.
In this article, we’ll show you exactly how to use a VPN to watch UFC on multiple streaming platforms – from anywhere, without a cable channel. Read on to find out more.
Watch UFC stream with a VPN
- Get a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Choose the right streaming platform, such as ESPN+.
- Connect to a server in the location that works with your choice.
- Head to your streaming platform.
- Enjoy the fight!
Why do you need a VPN to watch UFC?
The UFC has a strict blackout policy in place, meaning that fights are blacked out because national or local cable networks don't have exclusive rights to broadcast them.
Blackouts are specific to your location. Fortunately, you can get around the restrictions with a VPN – which will make it seem as if you are viewing from a location where the blackouts don’t apply.
If you want to watch Fiziev vs Gamrot on September 23 live, there are a lot of streaming options all across the world – you just have to find the right one right for you.
Choosing a high-quality VPN is really important here. This is because premium VPNs update their server’ IPs frequently to avoid detection. Lots of streaming services use anti-VPN technology to detect and block VPNs that are of lower quality.
You’ll also want to pick a VPN that has fast and reliable connection speeds. You don’t want to miss a winning shot just because your connection lagged!
A VPN is also useful because it provides multiple security benefits. Alongside split tunneling, a decent VPN will also offer data encryption and an automatic internet kill switch.
Best VPNs to watch UFC online
- NordVPN – the best VPN for watching UFC
- Surfshark – an inexpensive high-quality VPN
- Atlas VPN – a great UFC VPN for fight nights
We have selected the best VPNs that will help you watch UFC. However, these VPNs are good not only for that. All of them unblock a myriad of other streaming platforms and offer lots of useful features.
1. NordVPN – best VPN to unblock UFC
NordVPN is one of the best options for watching UFC. It has over 5,800 servers across 60 countries, and it unblocks pretty much all streaming services thanks to innovative technology.
Another benefit to using NordVPN is that it supports all major devices, and it can be used on six devices at once. You can also use NordVPN’s Smart DNS feature if you are struggling to install a VPN directly onto your device.
Prices for this service begin at $3.19/month. There also is a 30-day money-back guarantee and great deals with NordVPN coupon codes.
Read our full NordVPN review to find out more about the provider.
2. Surfshark – top VPN solution to stream UFC at affordable prices
Surfshark has around 3,200 servers servers in 100 countries . It is a super affordable option, with prices starting at just $2.30/month.
Surfshark can be used on unlimited devices, and all major operating systems are supported. The service ensures fast internet connections through its new tunneling protocol – WireGuard, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can even get a discount with one of the Surfshark coupons for your subscription.
Learn more about the provider in our comprehensive Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – solid UFC VPN for watching fights from anywhere
Atlas VPN has over 1,000 servers across 42 countries. We’ve tested the provider and it successfully works with ESPN+, Hulu TV, and Fubo TV to watch UFC online. Additionally, you get solid speeds, so you can watch UFC without buffering.
The service supports Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Plans with Atlas VPN start at $1.82/month, but your subscription will come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find out more about this provider in our detailed Atlas VPN review.
Top streaming services to watch UFC online
For those wondering where to watch UFC fights online, we’ve outlined some of the best streaming services alongside the countries they are available in.
It's also important to mention that the Dutch website Kijk.nl no longer has the rights to show UFC. However, since you get an entire list of streaming services to choose from, no one will stop you from watching the most thrilling fights.
Of course, if none of the services mentioned here are available in your country, you’ll need to find a reliable VPN for streaming first!
How to watch UFC on your device
In this section, we will take you step by step through the process of streaming UFC on your various devices.
Want to find the best VPN for your device? Check out the articles below that contain lists of the best VPN services for particular mobile and desktop devices, as well as smart TVs:
- VPNs for Windows – watch UFC on Windows
- VPNs for macOS – choose from top-rated VPNs for macOS and watch UFC
- VPNs for Linux – access UFC fight online on Linux without any restrictions
- VPNs for iPhone – best VPNs for iPhone
- Best VPNs for Android – the most capable VPNs for Android
- VPNs for Smart TV – watch UFC online with the best VPNs for Smart TVs
Watch UFC on your PC (Windows or Mac)
To watch the UFC online with your PC, you need to follow this process:
- Download a VPN on your computer (we recommend NordVPN).
- Install the VPN and choose a server in a country that shows UFC.
- Sign up to a streaming service that shows UFC.
- Choose a fight and enjoy.
Watch UFC on your phone (Android or iOS)
To watch the UFC on your phone, you need to follow this process:
- Choose a VPN with US servers. We offer to pick NordVPN.
- Download your VPN and create an account, then choose a US server and connect to it.
- Head to the app store or Google Play Store and download the UFC app.
- Open the app, then click on Settings and Login to your UFC account.
- Once logged in, return to the home screen.
- Hit the UFC logo, choose a stream and enjoy!
Watch UFC on a streaming device
Unfortunately, most popular streaming devices like Kodi, Roku, and Apple TV don’t have dedicated VPN apps. However, you can install a VPN on your wifi router and follow these steps to establish a VPN connection on your streaming device and stream UFC:
- Pick a trustworthy VPN. Our top choice for streaming is NordVPN.
- Install a VPN to your wifi router.
- Choose and connect to a US-based server.
- Put the streaming stick into your TV.
- Open the app of your chosen streaming platform on your TV.
- Get ready and watch UFC.
If you want to find out which VPN is best for your streaming device, check out our detailed guides:
- Watch UFC on your device with top VPNs for Kodi
- Enjoy streaming UFC with premium VPNs for Roku
- Learn more about powerful FireStick VPNs to watch UFC
- Stream UFC with robust Apple TV VPNs
How to stream UFC in any country
Not every country has the right to broadcast UFC. So, depending on where you are in the world, whether in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, or Australia, you might need to use a VPN to watch the fights. Here’s how to watch UFC wherever you are:
- Pick and install a UFC VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN.
- Create an account or sign in.
- Connect to a server in the US, or any other country that streams UFC.
- Log in to your streaming platform.
- Sit back and enjoy the UFC fight night!
It doesn’t matter where you are, you can still watch UFC fights online with the help of a reliable VPN. Check out the list of top VPNs for traveling that you can use when visiting other countries.
How to watch UFC with a free VPN
Though it’s possible to watch UFC with a free VPN, we would generally advise against it. Free VPNs are more likely to be blocked by streaming services than reputable alternatives. This means that many free VPNs will be unable to bypass the geo-restrictions put in place by UFC.
In a nutshell: a free VPN will always be less secure than a paid one – even if it appears to work just fine!
We believe that a better alternative to a free VPN is a freemium one. This is a free version offered by some paid-for VPNs. It’s worth noting that these regularly come with data caps and are not as efficient at unblocking content from major streaming services. This could be an issue when trying to stream UFC. Still, there are some VPNs like ProtonVPN or AtlasVPN that have no such caps.
Most of our favorite premium VPNs (mentioned in this article) come with a money-back guarantee. For example, NordVPN has a 30-day refund guarantee if you’re unsatisfied by the service.
You can sign up to one of these services and use it to watch UFC for a month for free. Just be careful to cancel your subscription in time!
How to bypass a UFC fight blackout
Broadcast rights to UFC are distributed to local TV channels and streaming sites in countries outside of the US. Viewers may find that some fights are blacked out in certain countries – even those that pay for a Fight Pass subscription or pay-per-view. This is because blackout restrictions can vary from fight to fight.
To bypass a UFC fight blackout, you can use a VPN to trick UFC into thinking you’re located in the US. A VPN will assign you a new IP address and spoof the location of your device.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to bypass a UFC fight blackout:
- Install a reliable VPN. We suggest NordVPN for a UFC fight night.
- Sign in or register an account.
- Connect to a server in the US or a country that isn’t blacked out.
- Go to UFC.tv website or mobile app and log in with your Fight Pass credentials.
- Enjoy the UFC fight event!
UFC stream not working with a VPN
If you have a VPN and you still can’t access the UFC stream, there might be a few potential reasons for that:
- Your VPN servers have been detected and blocked by UFC broadcasters
- Your IP address is leaking
- Browser cookies reveal your true location
- Your VPN is not robust enough to bypass location restrictions
Here’s how you can fix those issues:
- Clear your browser cookies and cache
- Enable DNS leak protection in your VPN settings
- Use a different browser
- Reach out to your VPN’s customer support
In case none of the above solutions helped, it might be a solid reason to change your VPN provider. Try using one of your offered VPNs as they are definitely capable of unblocking UFC streams and even offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
UFC 2023 schedule
If you’re a big fan of UFC, you wouldn’t want to miss another big fight. Here’s the schedule of upcoming UFC events:
|Upcoming event||Main card||Date|
|Fight Night||Gane vs Spivac||September 2, 3pm ET|
|UFC 293||Adesanya vs Strickland||September 9, 10pm ET|
|Fight Night||Grasso vs Shevchenko 2||September 16, 10pm ET|
|Fight Night||Fiziev vs Gamrot||September 23, 6pm ET|
|Fight Night||Yusuff vs Barboza||October 14, 6pm ET|
|UFC 294||Makhachev vs Oliveira 2||October 21, 2pm ET|
To stay up to date with the latest UFC news, you can follow their Twitter account for live updates.
Our final thoughts
You no longer have to miss out on any major UFC fights in 2023 if you’re traveling outside the US or simply residing in a different country. Get a stable internet connection, a reliable VPN, like NordVPN, and you’re ready to enjoy the fights from anywhere!
A VPN is not only helpful when trying to bypass location restrictions but it can also increase your security. Premium providers use military-grade encryption and modern tunneling protocols that can secure your connection and prevent online fraud.
If you’ve already tried to use a VPN for streaming UFC, we’d love to hear about your experience. Leave a comment below!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
- How to watch Rugby games in the USA
- How to watch NHL games online
- How to watch Sky Sports in USA
- How to stream Super Bowl online
- How to watch TSN in USA
- How to watch Australian Open
- How to watch NASCAR live streams
Is UFC free on Amazon Prime?
No. However, UFC pay-per-view events are available to purchase on Prime Video on an event-by-event basis. You don’t need a Prime membership to view this content.
Where can I watch UFC tonight?
ESPN+ is the home for UFC pay-per-view and live events. Stream a fight tonight on your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Android, or another device.
Is ESPN Plus the only way to watch UFC?
No. ESPN is generally considered the best place to watch UFC, but some select streaming services also show live fights.
Is it legal to watch UFC with a VPN?
Yes. Even though using a VPN to stream geo-restricted content goes against many streaming services’ terms and conditions, it is not illegal.