How to watch Sling TV outside the US in 2022
Sling TV is a subscription service that lets you stream live TV shows, movies, and more from 200+ channels like ESPN, Food Network, and CNN.
Sling TV is unsurprisingly popular with those looking to cut the cord with its affordability and extensive offerings. However, many cord-cutters run into a problem: Sling TV is geo-restricted outside the US.
Luckily, you can easily unblock these restrictions and watch Sling TV from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to stream Sling TV from anywhere with a VPN and help you select the best one for your needs.
Keep in mind that not all VPN service providers are capable of unblocking streaming services. Thus, you’ll need a particular Sling TV VPN. For that, check out our detailed list of providers below.
How watch Sling TV Outside the US with VPN
- Register for a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 60% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s servers in the US.
- Head to Sling TV and register for an account.
- Start streaming your favorite sports and live TV shows.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Sling TV outside US?
Sling TV is only available in the US. This is because it has geo-blocks in place to limit its service to the US to comply with copyright laws, as well as licensing and distribution rights.
Hence, if you live abroad or you’re out of the US for work or vacation, you’ll see a notice about its restricted availability.
The good news is that you can circumvent these restrictions with a VPN if you want to watch Sling TV outside the US. All you have to do is connect your VPN to a US server. This helps to mask your current IP address and make it seem as if you’re streaming Sling TV from within the country.
However, not all VPNs may be effective, which is why it’s important to choose a reputable one. That said, don’t fret if you aren’t sure how to go about it. In the next section, we’ll walk you through the five best VPNs that will allow you to watch Sling TV outside the US seamlessly.
Best Sling TV VPNs to watch it abroad:
- NordVPN – Best VPN to watch Sling TV from anywhere
- Surfshark – The most affordable streaming VPN for Sling TV
- IPVanish – Superb VPN to access Sling TV outside US
- PrivateVPN – Excellent overall VPN for streaming
- PureVPN – Great VPN to unblock streaming sites
There are plenty of VPNs in the market, and many claim that they can help you watch Sling TV outside the US. In reality, the qualities vary widely depending on the providers. So, to simplify things, we’ve gathered the five best VPN options for you.
1. NordVPN – best VPN to watch Sling TV outside US
|Servers/countries:||5400+ servers in 60 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 60% OFF! 🔥|
NordVPN is overall the best VPN for watching Sling TV outside the US. A trusted name in the industry, NordVPN has one of the largest networks out there, with over 5400 servers in 60 countries. So, you can definitely find the best NordVPN server for Sling TV without any troubles.
Beyond that, you can enjoy using NordVPN to watch Sling TV on multiple devices as it supports various operating systems.
The best part is that you can test the waters for free, as it has a 30-day money-back guarantee or use NordVPN coupons for discounts.
What’s also worth mentioning is that in case Sling TV is blocking NordVPN for you, the provider has professional 24/7 customer support to fix the issues.
Read more about its features in the full NordVPN review.
- Unblocks Sling TV, Netflix, DAZN, and other sites
- Excellent speeds
- One of the largest server selection
- 24/7 customer support
- Free trial only for mobile devices
2. Surfshark – the most affordable VPN to stream Sling TV
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get up to 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE! 🔥|
Surfshark is the best affordable VPN to stream Sling TV from abroad. The provider has over 500 servers in 20+ US cities for easy access to geo-blocked platforms like Sling TV.
Besides its excellent unblocking capabilities, Surfshark is also popular because it doesn’t impose a limit on the number of devices you can use. Instead, it supports most of the main operating systems.
Plus, the provider is armed with some serious security measures, too. This includes a no-logs policy, kill switch, and private DNS and leak protection.
You can try it out risk-free with the 30-day money-back guarantee or even get discounts with Surfshark coupon codes.
Find out more about the provider in the detailed Surfshark review.
- One of the cheapest subscription plans
- Works with Sling TV, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other streaming platforms
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free trial only for mobile devices
3. IPVanish – VPN good for accessing Sling TV overseas
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers/countries:||2000 servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get up to 63% OFF IPVanish + an Antivirus!🔥|
IPVanish is another great VPN to help you watch Sling TV overseas. It unblocks not only Sling TV, but other most popular streaming services, like Netflix, as well. You can select any of 2000 servers in 50 countries to enjoy worldwide content.
On top of that, If you want to enjoy watching your favorite shows with friends and family, you can set up IPVanish on your Kodi device. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can use it on as many devices as you like.
If you want to give it a spin, you can try it out for free with the 30-day money-back guarantee. There are also up to 63% discounts with IPVanish coupons.
Read the full IPVanish review to learn more about the provider.
- Unblocks various streaming sites, including Sling TV
- Supports Kodi player
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No app for Linux
- Price increases for the second year
4. PrivateVPN – user-friendly VPN to access Sling TV outside US
|Servers/countries:||200 servers in 63 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF! 🔥|
PrivateVPN is very user-friendly and allows accessing Sling TV outside the US, whether you’re travelling or living permanently. It has 200 servers in 63 locations that can help you watch Sling TV or content on other streaming platforms, like Netflix or Hulu.
Additionally, this VPN offers great speeds and gives 6 simultaneous connections for you to set it up on your desktop or mobile devices.
The greatest thing is that you can try PrivateVPN for 7 days free of charge. The free trial doesn’t require credit card details, but if you enter those – you still have the 30-day money-back guarantee option.
Read more about the provider in the PrivateVPN review.
- Good speeds
- 7-day free trial
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Limits simultaneous connections
- Small server fleet
5. PureVPN – unblock streaming sites to watch your favorite shows
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||6500 servers in 78 countries|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PureVPN 82% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
PureVPN is excellent at unblocking streaming sites, including Sling TV, Netflix, DAZN, and others. With its 6500 servers in 78 countries you can watch geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world.
Additionally, it has a dedicated app for Apple TV, so you can even stream movies to watch with your family and friends. With the support of the WireGuard protocol, you can get a seamless streaming experience for sure.
You can also try this VPN for free with the 31-day money-back guarantee or use one of the PureVPN coupons to get discounts.
Find out more about its features in the PureVPN review.
- Supports WireGuard protocol
- App for Apple TV
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- Limited Linux app
- Some connection issues
How to watch Sling TV on your device?
Sling TV is available on multiple devices — including computers, mobile phones, and even gaming consoles. You’d be glad to know the installation process is easy.
As always, you’ll need a trusty VPN to ensure a seamless Sling TV streaming experience. Below, you’ll find step-by step guides on how to access geo-restricted Sling TV content on different devices.
Before that, here are some of VPN guides for the most popular desktop and mobile devices, as well as Smart TVs that will help you access Sling TV from anywhere:
- VPNs for Windows – top VPNs to watch Sling TV on Windows
- VPNs for macOS – best performing VPNs for Mac
- VPNs for Linux – watch Sling TV on Linux PC with a VPN
- VPNs for iOS – get premium iPhone VPN
- VPNs for Android – enjoy Sling TV with a VPN for Android wherever you go
- VPNs for Smart TV – top-tier Smart TV VPNs for streaming shows
Watch Sling TV on Computer (Windows and Mac)
If you’re looking to watch Sling TV on your computer — whether Windows or a Mac — you can do so very easily. Here’s how:
- Download a VPN on your computer. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN and launch the application.
- Select and connect to an American server.
- Head to Sling TV website and sign in.
- Grab your snack and start streaming!
Watch Sling TV on Android
If you’re always on the go, you might want to watch Sling TV on your Android device. Fortunately, you can do so with these simple steps:
- Download and install the NordVPN app for Android
- Sign in and tap on a country pin.
- Press QUICK CONNECT to automatically connect to the best server — determined by NordVPN’s algorithm — in the US.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Google Play Store. Clear cache and other data.
- Return to Play Store and download the Sling TV app.
- Install the app, sign-up/login to the service, and enjoy Sling TV on your Android device!
Watch Sling TV on iOS (iPad and iPhone)
If you have an iOS device, the process to watch Sling TV is pretty similar to what you have to do with an Android.
Here are the steps:
- Download and install a VPN from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. NordVPN is great for iOS devices.
- Login to the VPN app and connect to a server in the US.
- Create a new Apple ID with a US zip code and address.
- Go to App Store and search for Sling TV.
- Download the app and install it on your iOS device.
- Register or sign in and start to watch Sling TV on your iPhone or iPad.
Watch Sling TV on Smart TV
The question of how to watch Sling TV on smart TV depends on the model you own. This is because different ones come with different operating systems.
However, in general, you’ll most probably be able to watch Sling TV if you’re using smart TVs from brands like LG, Samsung, and Sony. Even better, the setup process is the same. Here it is:
- Download and install a VPN on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect the VPN to a US server.
- Ensure that the smart TV you want to use to watch Sling TV is connected to the router with a VPN.
- Search for the Sling TV app and install it for your TV.
- Sign in, put your legs up, and enjoy the many channels at your disposal.
How to watch Sling TV on streaming devices?
Sling TV is also available on numerous streaming devices. The provider even has dedicated apps for Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Firestick and Amazon Fire TV, Kodi, and Roku.
To enjoy Sling TV’s wealth of content, you’ll need a good VPN for streaming and also the know-how for each device.
Here are our recommendations of the best VPNs for most popular streaming devices:
- VPNs for Kodi – get the best VPN for Kodi to watch Sling TV
- VPNs for Firestick – stream you favorite shows with premium Firestick VPNs
- VPNs for Roku – check out VPNs for Roku that work with Sling TV
- VPNs for Chromecast – enjoy watching shows on Chromecast with top VPNs
- VPNs for Apple TV – top-tier Apple TV VPNs to stream Sling TV
Once you install a compatible VPN, use the step-by-step guides below on how to start streaming Sling TV on your device.
Stream Sling TV on Roku
Sling TV is compatible with Roku, however, Roku doesn’t support VPNs. This makes it hard to watch Sling TV outside the US, and you might wonder how to watch Sling TV on your Roku players such as the Roku streaming stick.
Well, it’s a good thing that you can get around this problem with just a few straightforward steps. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download a VPN and set it up directly on your home WiFi router. We recommend using NordVPN.
- Select a US server and make sure that your Roku device is connected to the said server.
- Create a Roku account. Fill in your billing details with a US zip code.
- Search for the Sling TV app on your Roku homepage.
- Select the app and click Add Channel.
- Sit back and enjoy Sling TV’s content.
Stream Sling TV on Kodi
If you’d like to use Kodi to stream Sling TV, you can set everything up swiftly and easily. Just follow these steps:
- Download and install NordVPN on your router.
- Select a server in the US.
- Launch Kodi and go to Settings.
- Click on Add-ons > Install from Repository > Video Add-ons > Sling TV.
- Select Install > OK > Open to run Sling TV.
- Sign in to your Sling TV account or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Once done, you’ll see Sling TV on your Kodi home screen, and you can start streaming.
Stream Sling TV on Amazon Fire Stick
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick, you’re in luck as pairing Sling TV with the device is an easy breezy process. You should be able to get everything running in mere minutes. This is how you go about it:
- Download and install a VPN. We recommend going with NordVPN.
- Choose a server in the US.
- Install the Sling TV app on your Amazon Fire Stick by finding it in the search function.
- Click Open once the installation is done.
- Have fun streaming Sling TV on Amazon Fire Stick.
Stream Sling TV on Chromecast
Sure, streaming Sling TV on your computer, tablet, or mobile devices is excellent. However, streaming Sling TV on Chromecast is undeniably the better option as the bigger TV screen will maximize the Sling TV experience.
If you’re fretting about how to go about it, there’s no reason to. It’s just a matter of a few clicks:
- Find out the type of router that you have and choose a VPN that’s compatible with it. NordVPN is compatible with many routers.
- Set up the VPN on your router and connect to a US server.
- Open your Sling TV app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the Cast icon on the top of the app.
- Tap the name of your Chromecast to send Sling TV to it. Once done, you’ll be able to cast content to a bigger screen.
- Enjoy the Sling TV stream on the big screen.
Stream Sling TV on Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV at home, you can easily sit back and stream Sling TV on it — wherever you are in the world.
- Download and connect a VPN to your WiFi router. We suggest opting for NordVPN.
- Choose a US server.
- Turn on your Apple TV and open the App Store application.
- Search for Sling TV and click on it.
- Click on the Install button or Get button to install the Sling TV app on your Apple TV.
- Click Open to launch the app.
- Sign in to your account, kick back, and you’re ready to watch Sling TV on Apple TV.
How to watch Sling TV from anywhere?
With the help of a VPN, you can stream Sling TV outside the US. In fact, you can now access Sling TV from anywhere — whether you’re streaming from Canada, Australia, UK, or more.
Wherever you’re in the world, all you have to do to access the service is to follow these simple steps:
- Download and install a VPN on your router, computer, or device. We recommend NordVPN.
- Open the VPN on your device.
- Select a server located in the US from the given options.
- Go to Sling TV and have fun streaming your favorite programs.
Of course, the process might vary depending on the device you’re using to watch Sling TV. For more detailed and specific guides, do refer to the previous sections.
Cannot access Sling TV with a VPN?
If you’re already using a VPN and still can’t access Sling TV, there are a few likely causes:
- Your VPN can’t unblock Sling TV’s geo-restrictions.
- Sling TV has blacklisted your provider’s servers.
- Sling TV has improved its geo-blocks, and your VPN isn’t working anymore.
- Your actual IP address is leaking.
Here are some solutions to try:
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure that you’ve chosen a server in the US.
- Contact customer service.
If you’re still having issues or just want to get rid of the headache, it might be time to upgrade to a better VPN, such as NordVPN.
How to watch Sling TV for free?
While you can watch Sling TV at no cost with a free VPN, it isn’t a good option. Free VPNs usually fund their services by selling tracked data. Plus, their slowness causes constant buffering and interruptions — making the streaming experience a pain. Worse, many free VPNs can’t unblock geo-restrictions.
Alternatively, you can get quite a bit of mileage out of a paid VPN’s free trial period. For instance, NordVPN, Surfshark, IPVanish, and PrivateVPN have a 30-day money-back trial period, while PureVPN even adds an extra day making it a 31-day money-back guarantee.
Once the traip period ends, here what you’d get and how much you’d need to pay:
- NordVPN – large server fleet, fast speeds, access to geo-restricted content on all major platforms, and the SmartDNS feature for streaming among other useful perks. You can get it from $3.29/month and claim for a full refund within 30 days.
- Surfshark – huge number of servers, unblocks all popular streaming sites, gives unlimited simultaneous connections, and offers great speeds. The subscriptions start from $2.30/month with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish – good speeds, stable connection, use it on unlimited devices, and unblock popular streaming platforms. Its pricing starts from $3.99/month and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What can you watch on Sling TV?
Sling TV has plenty to offer in terms of channels and content. You have access to multiple popular channels, including the following:
|Sling TV Channels:|
|AMC||Cartoon Network||CNN||Comedy Central|
|Disney Channel||EPIX||ESPN||Food Network|
|NBC Sports Network||NFL Network||NHL Network||Paramount Network|
If you’re a sports fan, luckily you watch a variety of major events on Sling TV. For example, you can use a VPN to access Sling TV football channels to watch NFL games or if you’re passionate about ice hockey – NHL matches.
Not into sports? Sling TV also shows news, movies, and even content for kids. You can find more channels here.
In any case, Sling TV is rich in content with over 200+ popular channels for your picking. Unfortunately, if you’re outside the US, you’ll be geo-blocked by the service.
The good news is that you can circumvent these restrictions with the help of a worthy VPN. With a VPN, you can change your location and it’ll be as if you’re streaming Sling TV from within the US.
Have you tried streaming Sling TV with the help of a VPN? Let us know in the comment if your VPN worked with Sling TV.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
How to watch BBC iPlayer in USA and Abroad – access BBC iPlayer from anywhere
How to watch Channel 4 in the US – enjoy Channel 4 shows while traveling
How to watch ITV in US – watch online videos on ITV
How to watch CBS – access all CBS content from anywhere
How to watch CBC Gem – enjoy documentaries on CBC Gem
How to watch Zee5 in USA – ways to access Zee5 while visiting USA
How to watch Canadian TV in the USA – get around all restrictions and watch Canadian TV
Is It legal to watch Sling TV with VPN?
Yes, it’s completely legal to watch Sling TV with a VPN. This is a legitimate workaround for geo-restrictions and blackouts. However, to make sure that everything is on the up and up, always go with a trusted and reputable VPN provider like NordVPN.
Does Sling TV work with VPN?
Yes, Sling TV works with a VPN if you choose a legitimate VPN provider that’s compatible with the streaming service. We recommend NordVPN.
How do I change my location on Sling TV?
Its system automatically updates your location on Sling TV. To change your location on Sling TV, you’ll need to follow these simple steps.
Is Hulu Better or Sling TV Better?
Whether Hulu is better or Sling TV is better depends on your needs and preferences. While both offer hours of DVR storage, Hulu has more shows and live TV shows in its library. Meanwhile, Sling TV is cheaper and has more flexible streaming plans.