Sling TV is a subscription service that lets you stream live TV shows, movies, and more from 200+ channels like ESPN, Food Network, and CNN.
Sling TV is unsurprisingly popular with those looking to cut the cord with its affordability and extensive offerings. However, many cord-cutters run into a problem: Sling TV is geo-restricted outside the US.
Luckily, you can easily unblock these restrictions and watch Sling TV from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to stream Sling TV from anywhere with a VPN and help you select the best one for your needs.
How to watch Sling TV Outside the US – short guide
To stream Sling TV outside the US with a VPN is a piece of cake if you know how to go about it. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Register for a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 72% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s servers in the US.
- Head to Sling TV and register for an account.
- Start streaming your favorite sports and live TV shows.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Sling TV?
Sling TV is only available in the US. This is because it has geo-blocks in place to limit its service to the US to comply with copyright laws, as well as licensing and distribution rights.
Hence, if you live abroad or you’re out of the US for work or vacation, you’ll see a notice about its restricted availability.
The good news is that you can circumvent these restrictions with a VPN if you want to watch Sling TV outside the US. All you have to do is connect your VPN to a US server. This helps to mask your current IP address and make it seem as if you’re streaming Sling TV from within the country.
However, not all VPNs may be effective, which is why it’s important to choose a reputable one. That said, don’t fret if you aren’t sure how to go about it. In the next section, we’ll walk you through the three best VPNs that will allow you to watch Sling TV outside the US seamlessly.
How to sign up for Sling TV outside US
The Sling TV signup process is a breeze. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and install a VPN of your choosing – we recommend NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to get around Sling TV’s geo-restrictions and access its website.
- Go to Sling TV’s website and register for an account.
- Enter your email address and password to create a Sling TV account.
- Select your plan.
- Fill in your billing information. You’ll need to enter a US zip code, so it’s a good idea to search for one online beforehand.
Click Finish & Submit, and your Sling TV account is good to go!
Best VPNs to watch Sling TV
There are plenty of VPNs in the market, and many claim that they can help you watch Sling TV outside the US. In reality, the qualities vary widely depending on the providers. So, to simplify things, we’ve shortlisted the three best vpn options for you.
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
NordVPN is overall the best VPN for watching Sling TV outside the US. A trusted name in the industry, NordVPN has one of the largest networks out there, with over 5,500 servers in 59 countries.
The provider also boasts excellent speeds, which should minimize and eliminate buffering issues for uninterrupted streaming. Plus, it offers comprehensive security measures such as a no-logs policy and more.
Beyond that, you can watch Sling TV on multiple devices as NordVPN supports various operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more.
The best part is that you can test the waters for free, as NordVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
Surfshark is the best affordable VPN to stream Sling TV from abroad. The provider has over 500 servers in 20+ US cities for easy access to geo-blocked platforms like Sling TV.
Besides its excellent unblocking capabilities, Surfshark is also popular because it doesn’t impose a limit on the number of devices you can use. Instead, it supports most of the main operating systems.
Plus, the provider is armed with some serious security measures, too. This includes a no-logs policy, kill switch, and private DNS and leak protection.
You can try it out risk-free with Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,000 servers in 94 countries|
ExpressVPN is a top choice for the best VPN for streaming. Known for its killer speed, you can enjoy a seamless experience while you watch Sling TV — free of interruptions and buffering.
The provider has well over 3000 servers in 90+ countries, too. This extensive network would come in extremely handy to unblock content from Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and more in addition to Sling TV.
ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you want a taste of its VPN service.
How to watch Sling TV on your device?
Sling TV is available on multiple devices — including computers, mobile phones, and even gaming consoles. You’d be glad to know the installation process is easy.
As always, you’ll need a trusty VPN to ensure a seamless Sling TV streaming experience. Below, you’ll find step-by step guides on how to access geo-restricted Sling TV content on different devices.
Before that, here are some of the best VPNs for the most popular devices:
Watch Sling TV on PC (Windows and Mac)
If you’re looking to watch Sling TV on your computer — whether Windows or a Mac — you can do so very easily. Here’s how:
- Download a VPN on your computer. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN and launch the application.
- Select and connect to an American server.
- Head to Sling TV website and sign in.
- Grab your snack and start streaming!
Watch Sling TV on Android
If you’re always on the go, you might want to watch Sling TV on your Android device. Fortunately, you can do so with these simple steps:
- Download and install the NordVPN app for Android
- Sign in and tap on a country pin.
- Press QUICK CONNECT to automatically connect to the best server — determined by NordVPN’s algorithm — in the US.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Google Play Store. Clear cache and other data.
- Return to Play Store and download the Sling TV app.
- Install the app, sign-up/login to the service, and enjoy Sling TV on your Android device!
Watch Sling TV on iOS (iPad and iPhone)
If you have an iOS device, the process to watch Sling TV is pretty similar to what you have to do with an Android.
Here are the steps:
- Download and install a VPN from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. NordVPN is great for iOS devices.
- Login to the VPN app and connect to a server in the US.
- Create a new Apple ID with a US zip code and address.
- Go to App Store and search for Sling TV.
- Download the app and install it on your iOS device.
- Register or sign in and start to watch Sling TV on your iPhone or iPad.
Watch Sling TV on Smart TV
The question of how to watch Sling TV on smart TV depends on the model you own. This is because different ones come with different operating systems.
However, in general, you’ll most probably be able to watch Sling TV if you’re using smart TVs from brands like LG, Samsung, and Sony. Even better, the setup process is the same. Here it is:
- Download and install a VPN on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect the VPN to a US server.
- Ensure that the smart TV you want to use to watch Sling TV is connected to the router with a VPN.
- Search for the Sling TV app and install it for your TV.
- Sign in, put your legs up, and enjoy the many channels at your disposal.
How to watch Sling TV on streaming devices?
Sling TV is also available on numerous streaming devices. The provider even has dedicated apps for Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Firestick and Amazon Fire TV, Kodi, and Roku.
To enjoy Sling TV’s wealth of content, you’ll need a good VPN for streaming and also the know-how for each device.
So, below are step-by-step guides on how to stream Sling TV on the most popular streaming devices.
Stream Sling TV on Roku
Sling TV is compatible with Roku, however, Roku doesn’t support VPNs. This makes it hard to watch Sling TV outside the US, and you might wonder how to watch Sling TV on your Roku players such as the Roku streaming stick.
Well, it’s a good thing that you can get around this problem with just a few straightforward steps. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download a VPN and set it up directly on your home WiFi router. We recommend using NordVPN.
- Select a US server and make sure that your Roku device is connected to the said server.
- Create a Roku account. Fill in your billing details with a US zip code.
- Search for the Sling TV app on your Roku homepage.
- Select the app and click Add Channel.
- Sit back and enjoy Sling TV’s content.
Stream Sling TV on Kodi
If you’d like to use Kodi to stream Sling TV, you can set everything up swiftly and easily. Just follow these steps:
- Download and install NordVPN on your router.
- Select a server in the US.
- Launch Kodi and go to Settings.
- Click on Add-ons > Install from Repository > Video Add-ons > Sling TV.
- Select Install > OK > Open to run Sling TV.
- Sign in to your Sling TV account or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Once done, you’ll see Sling TV on your Kodi home screen, and you can start streaming.
Stream Sling TV on Amazon Fire Stick
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick, you’re in luck as pairing Sling TV with the device is an easy breezy process. You should be able to get everything running in mere minutes. This is how you go about it:
- Download and install a VPN. We recommend going with NordVPN.
- Choose a server in the US.
- Install the Sling TV app on your Amazon Fire Stick by finding it in the search function.
- Click Open once the installation is done.
- Have fun streaming Sling TV on Amazon Fire Stick.
Stream Sling TV on Chromecast
Sure, streaming Sling TV on your computer, tablet, or mobile devices is excellent. However, streaming Sling TV on Chromecast is undeniably the better option as the bigger TV screen will maximize the Sling TV experience.
If you’re fretting about how to go about it, there’s no reason to. It’s just a matter of a few clicks:
- Find out the type of router that you have and choose a VPN that’s compatible with it. NordVPN is compatible with many routers.
- Set up the VPN on your router and connect to a US server.
- Open your Sling TV app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the Cast icon on the top of the app.
- Tap the name of your Chromecast to send Sling TV to it. Once done, you’ll be able to cast content to a bigger screen.
- Enjoy the Sling TV stream on the big screen.
Stream Sling TV on Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV at home, you can easily sit back and stream Sling TV on it — wherever you are in the world.
- Download and connect a VPN to your WiFi router. We suggest opting for NordVPN.
- Choose a US server.
- Turn on your Apple TV and open the App Store application.
- Search for Sling TV and click on it.
- Click on the Install button or Get button to install the Sling TV app on your Apple TV.
- Click Open to launch the app.
- Sign in to your account, kick back, and you’re ready to watch Sling TV on Apple TV.
How to watch Sling TV from anywhere?
With the help of a VPN, you can stream Sling TV outside the US. In fact, you can now access Sling TV from anywhere — whether you’re streaming from Canada, Australia, UK, or more.
Wherever you’re in the world, all you have to do to access the service is to follow these simple steps:
- Download and install a VPN on your router, computer, or device. We recommend NordVPN.
- Open the VPN on your device.
- Select a server located in the US from the given options.
- Go to Sling TV and have fun streaming your favorite programs.
Of course, the process might vary depending on the device you’re using to watch Sling TV. For more detailed and specific guides, do refer to the previous sections.
Cannot access Sling TV with a VPN?
If you’re already using a VPN and still can’t access Sling TV, there are a few likely causes:
- Your VPN can’t unblock Sling TV’s geo-restrictions.
- Sling TV has blacklisted your provider’s servers.
- Sling TV has improved its geo-blocks, and your VPN isn’t working anymore.
- Your actual IP address is leaking.
Here are some solutions to try:
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure that you’ve chosen a server in the US.
- Contact customer service.
If you’re still having issues or just want to get rid of the headache, it might be time to upgrade to a better VPN, such as NordVPN.
How to watch Sling TV for free?
While you can watch Sling TV at no cost with a free VPN, it isn’t a good option. Free VPNs usually fund their services by selling tracked data. Plus, their slowness causes constant buffering and interruptions — making the streaming experience a pain. Worse, many free VPNs can’t unblock geo-restrictions.
Alternatively, you can get quite a bit of mileage out of a paid VPN’s free trial period. For instance, NordVPN has a 30-day money-back trial period.
What can you watch on Sling TV?
Sling TV has plenty to offer in terms of channels and content. Let’s take a closer look.
Sling TV channels line-up
With Sling TV, you have access to multiple popular channels. This includes AMC, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, EPIX, ESPN, Food Network, FOX News, FX, HGTV, History, NBC Sports Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, Paramount Network, TNT, USA, and other premium channels.
You can find more channels here.
Popular shows and movies on Sling TV
Sling TV lets you watch TV shows, news, sports, movies, and more. Here are some of the more popular ones:
For a list of Sling TV programs, click here.
In any case, Sling TV is rich in content with over 200+ popular channels for your picking. Unfortunately, if you’re outside the US, you’ll be geo-blocked by the service.
The good news is that you can circumvent these restrictions with the help of a worthy VPN. With a VPN, you can change your location and it’ll be as if you’re streaming Sling TV from within the US.
Have you tried streaming Sling TV with the help of a VPN? Let us know in the comment if your VPN worked with Sling TV.
Is It legal to watch Sling TV with VPN?
Yes, it’s completely legal to watch Sling TV with a VPN. This is a legitimate workaround for geo-restrictions and blackouts. However, to make sure that everything is on the up and up, always go with a trusted and reputable VPN provider like NordVPN.
Does Sling TV work with VPN?
Yes, Sling TV works with a VPN if you choose a legitimate VPN provider that’s compatible with the streaming service. We recommend NordVPN.
How do I change my location on Sling TV?
Its system automatically updates your location on Sling TV. To change your location on Sling TV, you’ll need to follow these simple steps.
Is Hulu Better or Sling TV Better?
Whether Hulu is better or Sling TV is better depends on your needs and preferences. While both offer hours of DVR storage, Hulu has more shows and live TV shows in its library. Meanwhile, Sling TV is cheaper and has more flexible streaming plans.