Top 12-month contract broadband deals
Most broadband contracts last 18 or 24 months, but a 12-month contract can provide more flexibility than a 2-year agreement. On the other hand, weighing the potential benefits against higher monthly costs is essential. Read further to discover everything you need to know about the best 12-month broadband deals in the UK.
Grab a special Vodafone Essentials 12-month broadband deal!
Explore Plusnet Fibre and Full Fibre Broadband 12-month contract options starting at only £30 per month!
Save up with a flexible rolling contract plan for a 12-month period tailored to your needs!
Sign up for the exclusive BT 12-month Broadband Unlimited deal at £31.99/month!
Explore the NOW Broadband offers with a 12-month contract!
Check out Shell Energy's 12-month Essentials Fast Broadband offer!
Discover a flexible Fibrus 12-month contract offer!
Why would you get 12-month broadband deals?
Choosing a shorter broadband contract has its perks, like flexibility and potential cost savings. Here are some key points why you should consider getting 12-month broadband deals:
- You can change providers more often. With a 12-month agreement, you can switch providers after just a year, avoiding long-term commitments. This is especially useful for students or renters with one-year leases and those uncertain about their broadband quality or unhappy with their current provider.
- You have the flexibility to switch deals more often. With shorter contract durations, you can reassess and choose new deals that better suit your evolving needs. This helps you stay updated with the latest offerings and adapt to changes in your internet requirements.
- Less expensive early termination fee. Ending a broadband contract ahead of schedule can also be costly, resulting in an early termination fee. But it’s cheaper than ending a 2-year broadband contract. Some providers have a flexible cancellation policy, so you might be able to cancel before the contract ends.
The broadband deals often span 18 or 24 months, so weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding on the contract length that suits you best.
12-month broadband contract pros and cons
If you’re thinking about a 12-month broadband contract, ensuring it suits you and your household is essential. Let’s go over the key pros and cons of this contract length:
What to look for in a 12-month broadband contract?
If you’re looking for the best 12-month broadband deal, consider the following factors to make sure you pick one that fits your budget and meets your specific requirements:
- Download and upload speed. Broadband speeds vary by type and provider. The ideal choice depends on household size and online activities. While download speed is crucial, if you're into online gaming, also consider the average upload speed in your package.
- Monthly data limits. Most broadband packages are unlimited, but it’s good to look up any restrictions. A few deals may limit your monthly data download or slow down usage during busy times.
- Pricing. A low monthly fee is a good beginning, but ensure that the speed you need comes with this price. Also, check for additional costs like installation fees and early termination penalties to ensure that a seemingly cheap deal is genuinely cost-effective.
- Coverage. Location significantly affects broadband quality. The speed and reliability of both fibre and ADSL (Asymmetric digital subscriber line) connections rely on the line’s condition to the nearest cabinet and the distance to the local exchange. And you must ensure that full fibre broadband is accessible in your location, as its availability is quite limited in the UK.
- Provider reputation. Before committing to a contract, do some research. Take a look at customer reviews to gain valuable insights about experience.
Which providers offer 12-month broadband contracts?
Not every provider offers 12-month contracts, giving flexibility and shorter commitment periods. Specific offerings can vary based on your location and the availability of services in your area.
Vodafone provides Essentials Broadband with a 12-month or 24-month contract. There are no fees for connection and installation and no early termination charges if you need to cancel before the term ends. You also have the option to choose between Superfast, Fibre, and Full Fibre broadband plans.
In 2024, Virgin Media will provide 12-month broadband deals and 30-day Wi-Fi deals exclusively for students through its website. If you’re a full-time student with accommodation for one year, opting for a 12-month Virgin Media plan is a good choice.
Non-students can contact Virgin Media's sales team for a possible 12-month deal, but success isn't guaranteed since Virgin Media usually provides standard broadband contracts lasting 18 or 24 months. The good thing is that 30-day broadband deals are open to everyone, not just students. These flexible offers allow you to cancel anytime with a 30-day notice, and there are no early disconnection fees.
Plusnet offers Fibre and Full Fibre deals with contract lengths of 12, 18, and 24 months. Additionally, they provide a 30-day rolling contract, allowing you to cancel services anytime with a 14-day notice without incurring an early termination fee. You can find out more in our Plusnet review.
BT and NOW provide the flexibility of a 12-month contract for most of their broadband packages, giving you the option for a shorter commitment than the standard 24-month plan.
What other duration broadband deals are available?
If you’re staying in one place temporarily, like renting on a yearly basis, opting for a broadband with 12-month contract can simplify things. However, it’s important to note that this option can be more expensive. So, what other duration broadband deals are available there?
30 days or No contract
The shortest contract you can get is typically for 30 days, and it’s often referred to as a no contract option. It takes about 30 days to cancel or change your contract. So, this is the way to go if you’re after a short-term broadband deal.
However, keep in mind that the monthly cost for a 30-day contract is higher compared to longer-term commitments, like the 12-month contracts. So, if you want flexibility, that’s great, just be aware that it might cost you a bit more each month.
Even though it’s a bit longer than other choices, the good news is that the monthly costs for an 18-month contract are typically slightly lower. So, you get a discount for making a longer commitment.
The longest broadband contracts you’ll usually find are for 24 months, and many providers, such as Vodafone, offer this option as a standard choice. These contracts are ideal for people who are happy to stick with the same provider for a long time, and they come with less administrative hassle since you’re committing to the service for two years.
Because this commitment is even longer, you might notice that some 24-month contracts have lower monthly prices than 18-month contracts. However, it’s worth noting that this isn’t always the case. Sometimes, providers offer premium services with 24-month contracts, so the prices are often higher than average.
Opting for a 12-month contract gives you fewer options and deals. On the other hand, a 12-month commitment is ideal for those wanting a shorter term or facing uncertain plans. For a short-term contract, consider Vodafone broadband's flexible packages and incredible speeds for a smooth browsing experience.
More broadband deals you may be interested in:
Can you get out of a 12-month broadband contract?
Yes. If you choose to cancel your broadband before the agreed time, there’s usually an exit fee involved. However, most providers, such as , let you cancel the contract at any time without incurring an early termination fee with a 30-day notice.
How much is NOW broadband after 12 months?
The pricing for broadband after 12 months can vary based on your selected package or plan. Broadband providers often have promotional rates for the first 12 months. After this period, the monthly cost may increase.
How do I cancel my broadband without a fee?
You can cancel broadband without a fee by giving 14 or 30 days’ notice, depending on your contract terms. Another option is to contact customer service about your specific situation. It’s important to note that if your contract has ended, you may cancel without facing any fees.
Can I pay for broadband annually?
Certain broadband providers offer customers the option to pay for their entire yearly contract upfront. This upfront payment typically includes line rental costs and is often referred to as Line Rental Saver.