BlueStacks is an Android emulator designed for Windows and Mac. This means you can use it to run pretty much any Android app on your desktop. It’s especially popular with gamers who want to play mobile games on their computer.
And if you’re using BlueStacks to access apps, you’ll want to make sure your data is safe. Using a secure VPN will protect your online information with sophisticated encryption. Better still, a VPN will also help you avoid ISP throttling.
We’ve pulled together a list of the best VPNs for BlueStack, along with plenty of other helpful information to get you up and running. Let’s get started.
Best VPNs for BlueStacks:
- NordVPN – best VPN for BlueStacks
- Surfshark – great value with lightning-quick speeds
- IPVanish – secure solution with an intuitive Android app
- PrivateVPN – low-cost option with strong security features
- PureVPN – no-frills provider that will protect your data
Best VPNs that work with BlueStacks – our detailed list
To find the best VPNs for BlueStacks, we tested a wide range of providers, concentrating particularly on security and speed. We also made sure that each one came with a strong Android app that worked well on BlueStacks. And without further ado, here are our top 5 VPNs for BlueStacks in 2023.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for BlueStacks
|Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 60 countries|
|Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 63% OFF 🔥|
For anyone searching for a VPN to use with BlueStacks, NordVPN is the best solution you could find. It has more than 5500 secure servers in 60 countries worldwide, making it ideal for unblocking region-restricted content and improving your online security.
And speaking of security, NordVPN is the safest VPN we’ve ever used. To achieve this, it offers AES-256 encryption and has regular independent audits, giving users peace of mind that the provider really is as safe as it seems. It also comes with a highly customizable kill switch to protect your data, even if your VPN stops working.
Better still, it has its own tunneling protocol, NordLynx, allowing it to deliver consistently quick speeds. So, whatever you’re using BlueStacks for, you shouldn’t have to deal with any buffering.
If you want to give it a go, NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it out before committing. Once that’s expired, subscriptions start from a very reasonable $3.49 per month. And as if this wasn’t good enough, you can enjoy exclusive discounts with our NordVPN coupon codes!
To find out more, check out our thorough NordVPN review.
- Unbeatable security
- Huge fleet of high-quality servers
- NordLynx delivers fast, smooth speeds
- Great at unblocking region-restricted content
- Independently audited
- No graphic interface for Linux clients
2. Surfshark – great value with lightning-quick speeds
|Severs/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Surfshark is another fantastic option for BlueStacks that doesn’t skimp on features. Although it costs less, it still boasts a fleet of more than 3200 servers in 100 countries worldwide, so you can use it to unblock all sorts of location-restricted content. This is ideal for use with BlueStacks, as it’ll give you much more freedom.
And when it comes to streaming or gaming, Surfshark is a winner because it offers the fastest speeds we’ve ever tested on a VPN, so you’ll be guaranteed a smooth, buffer-free experience.
If you’re concerned about security, Surfshark has you covered here too. It comes with a range of strong security features, including military-grade AES-256 encryption, two-factor authentication, and DNS leak protection. And to sweeten the deal even further, you’ll get unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can use it on all your devices at once.
Surfshark has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it out. After that, subscriptions start from just $2.30 per month. And as if this wasn’t cheap enough, we’ve got some exclusive discounts for Surfshark!
To help you make up your mind, read our detailed Surshark VPN review.
- Fastest speeds around
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Military-grade security
- Strong selection of high-quality servers
- No split tunneling available on iOS
3. IPVanish – secure solution with an intuitive Android app
|Severs/countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 66% OFF IPVanish! 🔥|
One of the biggest names in the industry, IPVanish more than lives up to its stellar reputation. It boasts a robust offering of 2000 servers in 50 countries internationally, so it’s ideal for bypassing geo-blocks to give you access to different games and streaming services on BlueStacks.
It has an easy-to-use app for Android too, which makes it a great choice for anyone wanting to use BlueStacks.
Elsewhere, this provider is stuffed full of security features to keep your data completely safe from cybercriminals and other third parties. It has a SOCKS5 proxy, as well as DNS leak protection and a customizable kill switch to prevent accidental leaks.
It also offers fast and reliable speeds that won’t let you down, even if you use BlueStacks for gaming. And you’ll even get unlimited simultaneous connections, so you and your whole family can make use of it at the same time.
This provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, after which subscriptions start at just $3.99 per month. And be sure to check out our IPVanish deals to see if you can get a better price.
If you’d like to learn more, make sure you read through our in-depth IPVanish review.
- Excellent security features
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Fast speeds for streaming
- Decent Android app
- Based in the US, which isn’t particularly privacy-friendly
4. PrivateVPN – low-cost option with strong security features
|Severs/countries:||200+ servers in 63 countries|
|Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF! 🔥|
Don’t be fooled by PrivateVPN’s low-cost plans, as it still offers one of the best security packages on the market. Although it only has a fleet of just over 200 international servers in 63 countries, which is a lot smaller than the other providers on our list, these servers are still strong enough to bypass region restrictions and keep your online identity hidden.
And to make sure you can retain your online anonymity, PrivateVPN more than lives up to its name by providing users with plenty of security features to keep them safe online. For example, it offers customizable encryption, which means you can configure the encryption based on what you need.
In addition, it has HTTP and SOCKS5 proxies, as well as support for port forwarding. You even get 10 simultaneous connections, so you can use it on several devices at once.
One of the most appealing aspects of PrivateVPN is the price, which starts at just $2.00 per month. And to tempt you even more, it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial.
If all this isn’t enough to persuade you, find out everything you need to know about this provider by reading our complete PrivateVPN review.
- Impressive security
- Low monthly costs
- Customizable encryption
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Smallest fleet of servers on our list
- No support for split tunneling
5. PureVPN – no-frills provider that will protect your data
|Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|Simultaneous connections:||10 devices|
|Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PureVPN, now 87% OFF 🔥|
If you’re looking for a simple, easy solution that will keep you safe while using BlueStacks, PureVPN could be just what you’re looking for. It has a large fleet of more than 6500 servers in 78 countries worldwide, giving you no end of options for unblocking region-restricted gaming platforms and streaming services.
To protect your data while you’re online, PureVPN uses a range of tools, including AES-256 encryption and a reliable kill switch to keep your identity hidden at all times. For further peace of mind, it provides constant independent auditing, so you know your data is every bit as safe as the provider claims.
In testing, we found it provided consistently fast speeds that won’t slow you down when you’re gaming. And it comes with 10 simultaneous connections, so it’s perfect for using on several devices at once. It also has an excellent Android app that’s intuitive and easy to navigate.
If you want to try it out, PureVPN comes with a 31-day money-back guarantee. And once the trial has expired, plans start at just $1.49 per month.
If you want to learn more, be sure to read through our PureVPN review.
- Impressively large fleet of servers
- Constant independent audits
- Strong security
- Supports torrenting
- Great value for money
- Occasional connection issues
- No Linux app
How we selected and tested these VPNs
In our quest to find the best VPNs for BlueStacks, we paid particularly close attention to the following criteria:
- Strong suite of security features. If you’re looking for a VPN to protect your data while using BlueStacks, you’ll need one with plenty of robust security measures to ensure you retain your privacy. Therefore, we made sure to only recommend providers that come with military-grade encryption, as well as leak protection and a kill switch. NordVPN is the safest VPN we’ve tested, so it’s the ideal choice for BlueStacks.
- Fast speeds for smooth gaming and streaming. If you’re playing a game online, even a second’s lag could lead to your defeat. And just because you want to use a VPN to improve your online security, it doesn’t mean that you should have to put up with buffering. Each of the providers mentioned in this guide offers reliable speeds.
- Quality and quantity of servers. One of the most important features of any VPN is a strong offering of secure servers in different locations worldwide.
- The ability to unblock region-restricted content. Being able to access geo-blocked streaming services and gaming sites from around the world will give you the freedom to enjoy content from anywhere.
- Price. Last, but certainly not least, the cost is a hugely important factor when signing up for any subscription. So we made sure to include a variety of options at different price points to help you find one in your budget.
Why do I need a VPN for BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that allows you to replicate the experience of using Android apps on your Windows or Mac. And a VPN is a vital tool to use alongside BlueStacks because it will protect your privacy and data while you’re online.
A VPN works by encrypting your data to stop hackers, cybercriminals, and other third parties from harvesting your data and disseminating it across the internet so that you can be profiled and targeted with ads. This will also prevent your internet service provider (ISP) from being able to throttle your speeds, which is particularly important if you’re using BlueStacks for online gaming.
Furthermore, a VPN masks your true IP address, which prevents websites and apps from knowing your location, so they can’t track your usage. This has the added benefit of allowing you to access region-restricted content from other parts of the world.
All you need to do is connect to a server based in the location you want to access and you’ll be able to bypass the site’s geo-blocks and enjoy the content from wherever you are. This will give you the freedom to play games and watch movies from anywhere in the world.
How to install a VPN on BlueStacks
It couldn’t be simpler to get a VPN up and running on BlueStacks. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a VPN that’s recommended for BlueStacks. We’d suggest using NordVPN.
- Download the Android app directly onto BlueStacks by using the Google Play Store. Alternatively, you can download the desktop version onto your Mac or Windows PC.
- Log in or sign up for a subscription to the VPN provider.
- Connect to a server in the country of your choice.
- Enjoy using BlueStacks with complete privacy and freedom!
How to use BlueStacks with a VPN on Windows or Mac
As BlueStacks is designed to help desktop users experience Android apps, it’s vital to be able to use a VPN alongside the app player on your Windows or Mac. And it’s pretty easy to accomplish. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open up BlueStacks on your PC.
- Download a VPN from the Google Play Store. We’d recommend NordVPN for this.
- Install the software and either sign in or create an account.
- Connect to a server in a location that will give you access to the sites and services you want.
- Start gaming and streaming on your desktop with complete anonymity!
BlueStacks not working with a VPN? Here's how to fix:
If you’re trying to use a VPN but keep getting a BlueStacks error message, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- You could be connected to a server in the wrong location
- The app you’re using on Bluestacks could have recognized and blocked your VPN
- Your true IP address may be leaking
- Your cookies might be giving away your actual location
- Your VPN may have stopped working
To fix these issues, here are some troubleshooting ideas to explore:
- Double check that you’ve definitely connected to a server in the right location
- Make sure you have leak protection enabled
- Try a different server
- Opt for a different browser
- Clear your cookies and cache
- Get in touch with your VPN’s customer support team
Can I use a free VPN with BlueStacks?
Using a free VPN for BlueStacks is not recommended because completely free providers are notorious for making money by selling user data to third parties. So, if you want a VPN to protect your privacy, a free VPN is likely to do more harm than good.
Furthermore, the majority of free VPNs come with poor-quality servers that would struggle to unblock region-restricted content.
But if you really want to use a VPN without paying anything, you’d be much safer going for a freemium, which is a free version of a paid provider. We’d recommend ProtonVPN or AtlasVPN because they offer decent security and unlimited data.
Conversely, if you want to use a VPN for a short length of time, such as if you’re traveling, you could get away with using a free trial of a paid VPN. Each of the VPNs recommended in this guide offers a money-back guarantee of at least 30 days.
After the free trial is up, this is how much a subscription will cost:
- NordVPN – with a great Android app and the best security around, you won’t find a better VPN for BlueStacks than NordVPN. Plans start from just $3.49 a month.
- Surfshark – if you’re a gamer, you’ll love Surfshark’s fast speeds and robust security features. It’s fantastic value for money, too! Prices start from just $2.30 per month.
- IPVanish – anyone looking for a reputable VPN with a good Android app and strong security won’t go wrong with IPVanish. Subscriptions start from $3.99 a month.
BlueStacks is an incredibly popular app player that brings the experience of Android to desktop computers. But if you want to use it, it’s important to use a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, to protect your data while you’re online.
A VPN works by encrypting your data so that it can’t be collected by third parties. It also issues your device with a different IP address so that your online activities can’t be tracked. This also means that you can access region-restricted sites and services.
To do this successfully, it’s vital to choose a VPN for BlueStacks that has a good app for Android and a range of strong security features to ensure your online identity is hidden and your data is safe from hackers.
If you need any additional help choosing the best VPN for BlueStacks, let us know in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Can I use a VPN on BlueStacks?
Yes, we recommend using a VPN on BlueStacks because it will encrypt your data and give you the freedom to access sites and services from around the world. All you need to do is download a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, from the Google Play Store via BlueStacks.
How can I use a VPN to change my location on BlueStacks?
If you want to unblock region-restricted content on BlueStacks, all you need to do is download a secure VPN with an excellent Android app. Then use it to connect to a server in the country you want to access content from, and you’ll be able to bypass the geo-blocks.
Am I able to use a free VPN for BlueStacks?
Even though it’s possible, it’s not a good idea to use a free VPN for BlueStacks. Free VPNs don’t usually offer good security and may even sell your data to third parties. You’d be better opting for a freemium or using a free trial of a paid VPN.
What is the best VPN for BlueStacks?
Overall, we’d say the best VPN for BlueStacks is NordVPN because it’s the most secure VPN on the market. It also has a fantastic app for Android that’s intuitive and easy to use. On top of this, it uses NordLynx to deliver fast speeds that won’t slow down your gaming.