Best VPNs for Coinbase in 2024
Coinbase is a platform where you can make cryptocurrency exchanges – buy, sell, and convert all types of digital currencies. It’s available in over 100 countries, including Canada, the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, and others.
Even though the available regions cover the larger part of the world, there are certain areas where Coinbase is prohibited. So, you won’t be able to use the platform for trading when traveling in restricted countries unless you get a Coinbase VPN.
A VPN can not only help you access the platform but also protect your cryptocurrency wallets, as well as secure online transactions. However, while there are many VPN service providers, not all of them are suitable for crypto exchanges. For this reason, I will provide a list with top products and help you select the best Coinbase VPN.
Best VPNs to trade on Coinbase
- NordVPN – the best VPN for trading on Coinbase
- Surfshark – affordable and secure Coinbase VPN
- IPVanish – excellent VPN with a kill switch for crypto trading
- PrivateVPN – good Coinbase VPN for crypto exchanges
- PureVPN – solid VPN choice for trade on Coinbase
How to access Coinbase from anywhere with a VPN:
- Download and install a VPN for Coinbase, like NordVPN
- Sign in or register an account
- Connect to a server in the US or another country where Coinbase is available
- Create an account with Coinbase and start trading!
Best VPNs that work with Coinbase - our detailed list
Even though there are numerous VPNs available on the market, not all of them can offer relevant features and servers in specific locations for great experience when doing crypto exchanges. For this reason, below you will find the best VPNs for Coinbase.
1. NordVPN – The best VPN choice to trade on Coinbase
|6100 servers in 61 countries
|🔥 Get NordVPN, now up to 67% OFF + gift! 🔥
NordVPN is definitely a top product for trading cryptocurrencies on Coinbase. It has 6100 servers in 61 countries and most of them are located in the regions where Coinbase offers its full capabilities – converting, selling, and buying digital currencies.
With its revolutionary NordLynx protocol, also known as WireGuard, you will get a stable and secure connection to check the crypto exchange market wherever you go.
You can also take advantage of its dedicated servers, like Double VPN or obfuscated servers. They are useful for users located in censorship-heavy regions and for those who want exceptional privacy when trading.
On top of that, NordVPN has an auto-connect option and a kill switch. So, you can be sure that your data and identity are protected even if the VPN connection is interrupted. The information is also encrypted using the advanced AES-256 encryption.
You can install this VPN on almost any device as it supports all major operating systems – Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers. The pricing starts from $3.39/month for 6 simultaneous connections with a 30-day money-back guarantee and there’s a free NordVPN trial.
Read the full NordVPN review to learn more about the provider.
2. Surfshark – Affordable Coinbase VPN with unlimited connections
|3200 servers in 100 countries
|🔥 Get 79% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥
Surfshark VPN is another top-notch Coinbase VPN for trading cryptocurrencies. You can choose from 3200 servers in 100 locations to connect to the best trade regions. Also, this VPN offers unlimited simultaneous connections and you can use it on as many devices as you need to track the crypto exchange market.
Its Camouflage Mode can help you hide the fact that you’re using a VPN. Also, you get split tunneling – it allows you to exclude other apps from using the VPN connection and leave it enabled to only protect activities on Coinbase.
What’s even better is that you can set Surfshark to enable a VPN connection automatically. This way, you don’t need to worry about anything when rushing to trade cryptocurrencies on Coinbase. There’s also a kill switch feature that stops all internet traffic if you’re not connected to a VPN.
On top of that, this service provider doesn’t keep any logs of user data and uses robust AES-256 encryption to protect your credentials. You can get Surfshark from $2.29/month or start a free Surfshark trial. Premium subscribers are eligible for a full refund within 30 days.
3. IPVanish – Excellent VPN for crypto trading on Coinbase
|2200 servers in 52 countries
|🔥 Get 75% OFF IPVanish! 🔥
IPVanish VPN is also an excellent choice to trade on Coinbase. You get unlimited simultaneous connections and the possibility to choose from 2200 servers in 52 countries. So, you can definitely keep track of the cryptocurrency market on the go and connect to the best regions for trading.
This service provider uses 256-bit AES encryption and the WireGuard tunneling protocol. As a result, it can offer great security and fast connection speeds for Coinbase crypto traders.
IPVanish also has the On Demand feature which allows you to pre-determine which websites use a VPN connection. In simple terms, you can set it to automatically enable the VPN when visiting the Coinbase platform and disable the connection on other sites.
Additionally, the provider offers traffic obfuscation. If you enable the XOR cipher on your traffic, it will be difficult for anyone to determine whether you’re using a VPN. Also, if you disconnect from the VPN, its kill switch feature will block all internet traffic so your trading information wouldn’t be exposed.
You can get IPVanish from $3.25/month on almost any device, as it supports all popular desktop and mobile operating systems. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind.
Learn more about the provider in the complete IPVanish review.
4. PrivateVPN – Good VPN services for buying and selling cryptocurrencies
|200 servers in 63 countries
|🔥 Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF! 🔥
PrivateVPN is a decent provider if you’re looking for VPN services to trade on Coinbase. Even though it has a relatively modest server fleet of 200 servers in 63 locations, many of the servers are located in Europe where Coinbase allows you to buy, sell, and convert digital currencies on their platform.
In terms of security, this VPN doesn’t disappoint either. You can select how your data will be encrypted from 128 and 256-bit versions with CBC and GCM modes of AES encryption. We recommend selecting AES-256-GCM for the strongest security when trading online on Coinbase.
Additionally, PrivateVPN has a kill switch feature that can protect your true location if you accidentally disconnect from a VPN. In such a case, it would kill all internet traffic and prevent the trading platform from identifying your real IP address.
The pricing of this VPN is also affordable, starting from $2.00/month for 10 simultaneous connections. What’s even better is that you can try the service free of charge for 7 days – submit your inquiry via the [email protected] email. Premium subscribers also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find out more about this provider in the detailed PrivateVPN review.
5. PureVPN – Solid Coinbase VPN to unlock crypto trading
|British Virgin Islands
|6500 servers in 65 countries
|🔥 Get PureVPN, now 83% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥
PureVPN supports 10 simultaneous connections that you can use for cryptocurrency transactions on Coinbase wherever you go. It has a quite impressive number of 6500 servers in 65 countries for you to get a positive trading experience since many of the offered servers are located in areas where Coinbase is available.
This VPN also provides a fast and stable connection with its WireGuard protocol, so you can never lose track of changes in the crypto market. The wallets and other related data are protected using AES-256 encryption which is widely employed by banking and military institutions.
Additionally, PureVPN strengthens its security offering with extra features, like auto-connect and a kill switch. These attributes ensure that your internet connection would be secure at all times, including if the VPN connection drops or you forget to manually turn it on.
What’s even better is that these VPN services are really affordable with the pricing starting from $2.08/month. You also get an option to get a so-called free 7-day trial since it actually costs $0.99. However, there’s an extended 31-day money-back guarantee for those who are not satisfied with the services.
Read the full PureVPN review to learn more about the provider.
How we selected and tested these VPNs
With so many VPNs for crypto trading on the market, it might be difficult to pick which one’s the best choice for Coinbase. For this reason, we’ve tested numerous providers for you according to the following criteria:
- Servers and locations. Our VPN choices have large server fleets that cover different continents. Coinbase is available in over 100 countries, so you can easily connect to a server located in the supported area and start trading.
- Security. When it comes to crypto transactions, there’s nothing more important than the safety of your information and assets. Premium VPN providers employ military-grade AES-256 encryption to secure your data at all times.
- Additional features. If you want to access Coinbase with a VPN, it’s useful to look at what extras it offers. For example, top products have a kill switch to protect your data if you disconnect from a VPN, or dedicated IP addresses to avoid detection.
- Customer support. We’ve made sure to pick only those providers that have solid help options in case you have any troubles. All of them offer 24/7 customer support options.
- Price. Those who want top-quality services should be prepared to pay. However, great VPNs don't have to cost a fortune. Our picks offer affordable subscription options, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why do I need a VPN for Coinbase
If you’re wondering why one should use a VPN for Coinbase, the answer is quite simple. Here are the main reasons why Coinbase VPNs are useful:
- Bypass geo-restrictions. If you’re located in a country where cryptocurrency conversion services are not available, you won’t be able to access Coinbase unless you use a VPN. It can change your country on Coinbase and help bypass location-based restrictions.
- Improve security. A reliable VPN uses robust ciphers to encrypt your web traffic and protect sensitive information when using Coinbase. This way, malicious threat actors cannot obtain your passwords, login details, and credentials.
- Protect internet connection. If you’re a highly engaged crypto-trader, then you probably want to keep track of exchange rates at all times. It might mean that you’re constantly using public wifi on the go which isn’t secure. A VPN in this case can protect your internet traffic and reduce the risk of data leaks.
- Remain anonymous. One of the reasons why people use cryptocurrencies is privacy. If you use a Coinbase VPN, it can hide your real IP address and increase privacy even more. So, you can stay completely anonymous when buying or selling coins, and building your cryptocurrency portfolio on Coinbase.
Why is Coinbase restricted in certain countries
Coinbase is unavailable in countries where it doesn’t have a license to operate. In simple terms, if you’re residing in a jurisdiction where financial sanctions of the U.S. Treasury and other government bodies apply, you won’t be able to access neither the Coinbase website nor the mobile app.
Here is a list of prohibited regions:
Additionally, there are certain countries where Coinbase capabilities are limited. For example, if the region only supports credit/debit card (Visa and MasterCard) payments, Coinbase is unable to transfer funds back to a card and you can’t sell cryptocurrency. You can only use the platform for buying digital currencies.
Regions with limited capabilities include: Mexico, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Nepal, Singapore, Turkey, New Zealand, South Africa, and a few others.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Coinbase?
Yes, it’s legal to use a VPN for Coinbase as it doesn’t go against their Terms of Service. If you decide to use one, you will protect your online identity while making online transactions on the platform. This way, you can be sure that none of your sensitive information can be obtained and exploited by malicious threat actors for financial benefits.
However, if you’re residing in a prohibited region and Coinbase detects your VPN connection, your account might get closed or frozen. In other terms, such actions can be considered as a violation of the applicable sanctions to the region and Coinbase is obligated to stop your activity immediately.
Can I use a free VPN for trading on Coinbase?
Yes, you can try to use a free VPN for trading on Coinbase. However, there’s a little chance that it will work as free services are often highly limited. For example, they have daily traffic caps, small server fleets, and poor security features.
Additionally, you should be aware of certain dangers related to VPN services that come free of charge. For one, they are often collecting sensitive user information and sharing it with third parties. So, you risk your privacy if you decide to use a free VPN for crypto exchanges.
However, if you still insist on using one, make sure that it comes from a reliable provider. Here is a short list of free VPNs that are trustworthy and might work with Coinbase:
- Atlas VPN. This provider doesn’t limit connection speeds and gives 10 GB of monthly data that you can use for trading on Coinbase. What’s even better is that it doesn’t collect any logs, even when using the free version.
- Proton VPN. With this VPN you can connect to a server in Japan or the US for free and enjoy full Coinbase capabilities. It even offers unlimited data and a kill switch feature in its free version as well.
- Windscribe VPN. This provider allows users to choose from 11 different countries, and more than half of them have all Coinbase capabilities. You get 10 GB of free monthly data and even customer support options.
The best Coinbase VPNs can help you protect your information related to cryptocurrency wallets, transactions, and exchanges. They also have large server fleets that are located in key Coinbase regions where you can freely buy, sell, and convert cryptocurrencies.
For example, NordVPN employs AES-256 encryption that is also used by banking institutions for protection, as well as the fast and secure WireGuard protocol. So, you can enjoy that high level of security when trading on Coinbase.
Keep in mind that even though there are free Coinbase VPNs that might work, we do not recommend relying on them. If they come from untrustworthy providers, you risk giving up sensitive information about the transactions that might be shared with third parties.
More VPN guides from Cybernews
What is the best VPN for Coinbase?
The best VPN for Coinbase is NordVPN. It has a wide range of servers in different countries and impeccable security. So, you can enjoy complete protection of your data when buying and selling cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.
Can I use VPN for Coinbase?
Yes, you can use a VPN for Coinbase as it doesn’t go against their Terms of Service. A VPN can help you protect your identity and other sensitive information while trading cryptocurrencies.
Does Coinbase detect VPN?
No, if you’re using a reliable VPN for identity protection. However, Coinbase might freeze or block your account if you’re using a VPN to connect from a prohibited region.