How to watch Fox Sports from anywhere in 2022 with a VPN
Want to watch Fox Sports outside the US? Unfortunately, Fox Sports is only available to American citizens.
That doesn’t mean, though, that anyone outside the US will have to miss out on the NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA World Cup, and MLB action. It’s time for sports fans to celebrate as we have a secret weapon to get you access to Fox Sports from anywhere – a VPN.
With a VPN, you can change your IP address, and access Fox Sports and the Fox Sports Go app (now known as Bally Sports) in seconds! Continue reading to find out more about how to watch Fox Sports with a VPN in 2022 no matter where you are located.
How to watch Fox Sports from anywhere with a VPN
- Get a VPN with a broad selection of servers. NordVPN is the best choice, now with 68% OFF
- Install the VPN and create your account.
- Connect to a new server in the US.
- That’s it! You’re ready to watch Fox Sports.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Fox Sports online?
Fox Sports and its app Bally Sports (previously called Fox Sports Go), are fantastic sources for the best international sports. Whether you love MLB baseball, NFL American football, NBA basketball, or FIFA soccer, all the games can be found on Fox Sports.
But Fox Sports is tied to strict licensing agreements that dictate where and when the games can be shown. Geo-blocks scan the IP address of every user, and if the address isn’t in a US location, access will be denied.
But there is a way to get past geo-blocks – a VPN. It can change your IP address via a network of global servers, so you can unblock all sorts of location-restricted content by choosing the right connection. In the case of Fox Sports, all you need to bypass geo-blocks is a reliable VPN with plenty of US servers.
However, some other factors come into play, and finding the right VPN will take a bit of research. The sheer amount of choice in the VPN market makes finding the right provider a daunting task. Luckily for you, our team has worked through the best options to establish a list of top VPNs perfect for unblocking Fox Sports.
Best VPNs to watch Fox Sports online
- NordVPN – the number 1 VPN to watch Fox Sports
- Surfshark – the VPN to share with your family and friends
- IPVanish – the hidden gem of the VPN market
- PureVPN – server-rich VPN
- PrivateVPN – versatile VPN provider
Fox Sports can’t be unblocked using a random VPN. You need a provider with solid US servers, secure connections, and lightning-fast speeds. The following VPNs offer all the necessary features.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN to watch Fox Sports
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5400+ servers in 60 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
In terms of the best VPN for unblocking Fox Sports, NordVPN ticks all the required boxes.
NordVPN has thousands of servers in the US, making it ideal for unblocking Fox Sports and the Bally Sports app. Overall, NordVPN counts over 5400 servers worldwide, so you can use it on all sorts of sports and content streaming sites.
Furthermore, sports content calls for speedy connections – you don’t want to miss out on a last-minute goal due to a laggy stream! With NordVPN’s consistently smooth connections, you’ll never have to worry about buffering issues again.
NordVPN boosts your digital security with a kill switch and banking-grade encryption. Your sensitive data will be well protected when you use this VPN.
Get a subscription for $3.29 per month or save money and use our exclusive NordVPN coupons!
- The top VPN for Fox Sports
- Thousands of servers in the United States
- Industry-leading security
- Can unblock streaming content
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t offer a router app
Visit our NordVPN review for more information.
2. Surfshark – the VPN to share with multiple users
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 95 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF + Antivirus & 2 months FREE|
Use Surfshark to stream Fox Sports, and you’ll benefit from one of the fastest VPNs on the market – as well as the option of connecting unlimited devices.
Surfshark’s server selection includes 3200+ connections in 95 countries – so it’s more than capable of unblocking Fox Sports. Its connections are rarely beaten in speed tests, so you can rely on it to keep your sports streams buffer-free.
Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connections, meaning you can connect as many devices to the VPN as you want. You don’t have to worry about your security being compromised – Surfshark’s encryption and kill switch features ensure total protection.
Sign up for Surfshark from only $2.30 per month, or get money off with these Surfshark discount codes!
- Gets past Fox Sports geo-blocks
- Unblocks major streaming sites
- Fast connections
- Use on all devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The iOS app needs improvement
Get more details on the VPN in our full Surfshark review.
3. IPVanish – a top all-round provider
|🖥️Servers/countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, YouTube|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 69% OFF|
IPVanish is a solid all-rounder that gets you connected to Fox Sports.
This VPN boasts an impressive connection list of over 2000 servers around the world. Use IPVanish to change your IP address, and you’ll be watching Fox Sports in no time.
We’ve tested IPVanish on a range of streaming sites, so after watching Fox Sports, you can also use it to unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other similar platforms.
Hackers and ISPs might want to access your data, but with IPVanish’s encryption in place, they won’t be able to get a peek.
You can subscribe to IPVanish for $3.33 per month, but right now, we have special IPVanish coupon codes that can get you a significant discount off IPVanish!
- Unblock Fox Sports from outside the US
- Over 2000 server connections
- Impenetrable encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Subscription costs increase after one year
Find out more about this provider in our on IPVanish review.
4. PureVPN – the VPN with the most servers
|🖥️Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, DAZN|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||PureVPN coupon 82% OFF|
There aren’t many VPN providers with a higher server count than PureVPN. Sign up for this provider and access 6500 servers in 78 countries!
With such a significant number of servers to choose from, you’ll be able to get into Fox Sports in no time. PureVPN also works on other streaming platforms, including ESPN and Netflix US.
You don’t have to worry about your privacy when using PureVPN – it’s been independently audited and includes a kill switch and encryption in its security settings.
PureVPN usually costs just $1.99 per month. But use a PureVPN discount code, and you can get an even cheaper subscription!
- Unlocks Fox Sports
- One of the biggest server lists on the market
- Secure and private
- Speedy connections
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- Users sometimes report connection issues
Our PureVPN 2022 review includes additional information.
5. PrivateVPN – the VPN with customizable security
|🖥️Servers/countries:||200 servers in 63 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||PrivateVPN coupon 85% OFF|
PrivateVPN’s features and security settings will help you to access Fox Sports from anywhere.
While PrivateVPN has a modest server list – 200 servers in 63 countries – you can count on its US connections to unblock Fox Sports.
If you’re interested in adjusting your security settings, you’ll enjoy the option of either AES-128 or AES-256 encryption. This could be of help if you’re on a slower connection. You also have a kill switch in place and other features you don’t find on every VPN – like port forwarding.
PrivateVPN gives you a 7-day free trial on top of the standard 30-day money-back guarantee. And if you want to subscribe, you can sign up for only $2.00 a month.
- Gets into Fox Sports
- Encryption options
- Port forwarding features
- Great value for money
- 7-day free trial
- Very small server fleet
Dive into our PrivateVPN review for a longer read on this VPN.
Where to watch Fox Sports live without cable
You don’t need a US cable TV subscription to watch Fox Sports live, you can stream it on Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, Sling TV, or YouTube TV. Here’s how much they cost per month:
|Streaming service||Price per month|
|Hulu+ Live TV||$64.99|
However, if you’re not in the US, you’ll need a capable VPN to unblock every streaming service mentioned above.
How to watch Fox Sports with a VPN on your device
Whether you’re trying to access Fox Sports online or the Fox Sports Go app (now renamed Bally Sports), simply use a VPN. These guides will show you how to do that on your smartphone, laptop, streaming sticks, and other devices:
- Watch Fox Sports on your computer
- Watch Fox Sports on your smartphone
- Watch Fox Sports on Kodi
- Watch Fox Sports on Apple TV
- Watch Fox Sports on Roku
Watch Fox Sports on your computer
Watch Fox Sports on your computer from anywhere with a VPN. This is the method to use for Windows and Mac PCs.
- Install a VPN with US servers. NordVPN is perfect for Fox Sports.
- Load up the VPN on your PC.
- Connect to a server located in America.
- Go to one of the streaming sites that has Fox Sports and sign up.
- You’re in! You now have a new IP address and can watch Fox Sports.
Watch Fox Sports on your smartphone
Your iPhone or Android is perfect for streaming sports – especially on the Bally Sports app. Use a VPN to unblock Fox Sports on your smartphone today:
- In the settings section of your smartphone, change your device and App Store location to the US
- Now download and install a VPN onto your smartphone. NordVPN is ideal for iOS and Android.
- Set up a new Google or Apple ID account and set your country as the US.
- Head to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the Fox Sports App.
- Set up your Fox Sports account (or sign in if you already have one)
- You’re ready to watch your favorite Fox Sports shows on your smartphone!
Watch Fox Sports on Kodi with a VPN
You can’t install a VPN directly onto Kodi, but you can connect to your router to give every device on your home network access:
- Download a VPN recommended for routers. NordVPN is the ideal option.
- Install the VPN to your computer, then connect it to your router network.
- Now find a US server to spoof your IP address.
- Launch Kodi and click on the Add-ons menu.
- Click the open box icon, then Install from repository, followed by Kodi Add-on repository, and finally Video Add-ons.
- Now find Fox Sports in the add-ons list.
- Hit install, wait for it to download, and then you should see Fox Sports on your Kodi video add-ons home screen.
- Launch the Fox Sports add-on and follow the activation instructions.
- With your IP address already set to a US location you should now be able to get access to the full Fox Sports content range!
Watch Fox Sports on Apple TV with a VPN
Apple TV doesn’t support VPN installation, so connect the VPN to your router instead to get access:
- Find a VPN that supports router connections. NordVPN is the strongest option.
- Set up the VPN, connect it to your home router, and find a US server.
- Ensure your Apple TV is on the same Wi-Fi network as your VPN-connected router.
- Log in to Apple TV, head to the Fox Sports (or Bally Sports) app, and you can now watch all the sports you want!
Watch Fox Sports on Roku with a VPN
If you’d like to stream Fox Sports on Roku, follow this router method to get connected to a VPN:
- Choose a VPN that has many US servers. NordVPN is the best option.
- Download the VPN, install its app, and connect it to your home Wi-Fi router.
- Once it’s set up, connect to a US server to get a new IP address.
- Switch on your smart TV and put your Roku stick into the HDMI port.
- Launch Roku and find Fox Sports on the home screen.
- Relax and start watching the best sports action!
How to watch Fox Sports from any country
Whether you’re in the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, or anywhere else, watching Fox Sports is easy as long as you follow this VPN installation method:
- Choose a VPN with a wide selection of US servers. NordVPN is the top option here.
- Set the VPN up on your chosen device.
- Scroll through the server list and find a US connection.
- Head over to the streaming site that has Fox Sports and get a subscription.
- Now you can watch Fox Sports from anywhere!
If you’re a frequent flyer, these are the best VPNs for traveling.
Fox Sports not working even with a VPN? Some possible fixes
If you’re still having trouble unblocking Fox Sports, don’t fret – a simple issue could be the cause. These are the most common problems we’ve encountered:
- Fox Sports has blocked your server
- Your browser settings have leaked your true IP address
- The VPN you’re using isn’t suitable for bypassing geo-blocks
- Your apps/OS is outdated
These fixes could help:
- Update your browser, OS, and apps
- Switch to a new server located in the US
- Use a different web browser
- Get a better VPN
Can you watch Fox Sports with a free VPN
Free VPNs are readily available, but they deliver a severely scaled-down service. For this reason, it’s difficult to recommend a free VPN for Fox Sports.
Free VPNs usually offer just one or two servers, so getting past geo-blocks won’t be possible. You’ll also have to deal with restricting data caps, so even if you did manage to get access, you’d barely be able to stream a minute or two of HD sports before hitting your limit.
You’re also opening yourself up to privacy problems as free VPNs have been known to sell user data to third parties.
A better way of using a VPN for free is simply by signing up for a paid plan and getting a refund after 30 days. That gives you a month’s free use!
Take a look at how much the best paid VPNs cost:
- NordVPN – the best option, NordVPN delivers the security, servers, and features you need to unblock Fox Sports. Pay just $3.29 a month once the 30-day refund period is up, or just request your money back.
- Surfshark – perfect for a household, Surfshark allows you to connect unlimited devices simultaneously. You can pay as little as $2.30 per month if you use the service beyond the 30-day money-back window.
- IPVanish – IPVanish is a reliable VPN that does everything you need. Fast and secure, you can use it for 30-days with the money-back guarantee option and then claim a refund or pay $3.33 per month for a subscription.
What can you watch on Fox Sports?
Fox Sports is one of the United State’s premier sports broadcasters. As well as NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, Fox Sports also shows the English Premier League, NASCAR, and Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Fox Sports will also show every match of the forthcoming FIFA 2022 World Cup.
|FIFA World Cup 2022||Nov 21, 2022 – Sun, Dec 18, 2022|
|NASCAR||February 6, 2022 – November 6, 2022|
|NFL 2022-2023 season||Sep 8, 2022 – Sun, Jan 8, 2023|
|NBA 2022-2023 season||October 2022 – April 2023|
The final score
As you can see, unblocking Fox Sports is a piece of cake as long as you have a VPN on your team.
A top-quality VPN, like NordVPN, will equip you with a new IP address in a location that allows Fox Sports, giving you full access to a range of sports content.
The VPN will also shield your data from prying eyes, ISP snoops, and online threats. So sign up for a VPN, protect your data, and get access to Fox Sports in a flash.
Feel free to ask any VPN questions in the comments section. And while you’re there, let us know what you're eager to watch on Fox Sports!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Can I watch Fox Sports without cable?
Yes, you can watch Fox Sports on several streaming platforms, including SlingTV, Fubo TV, YouTube TV, and Hulu Live+ TV. If you’re outside the US, you will also need a VPN – the vital tool to evade Fox Sports geo-blocks.
Is it legal to watch Fox Sports with a VPN?
Yes, watching Fox Sports with a VPN is legal in most locations – including the UK, Canada, and Australia. Some countries may restrict VPN use (China and Russia are two examples). Check our VPN legality guide for full details.
Can I watch Fox Sports in Australia?
Yes, as long as you have a VPN, you can watch Fox Sports in Australia. Just download a recommended VPN, such as NordVPN, connect to a US server, choose one of the streaming sites that has Fox Sports, such as FuboTV or Sling TV, and enjoy.
How can I watch Fox Sports online for free?
You can use a top VPN to unblock Fox Sports for free for up to 30 days as well as enjoy Sling TV’s 30-day trial of the service's Premium Pass. As long as you cancel your VPN subscription within 30-days, you’ll receive a full refund, no questions asked.