How to watch Fox Sports without cable in 2024
Fox Sports and Bally Sports, famous US networks, broadcast exciting games from Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, and more. But there's a catch: to access this content, you need to be physically located within the United States and have a subscription through a local TV provider.
That doesn’t mean, though, that anyone outside the US will have to miss out on the NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA World Cup, and MLB action. You can bypass geo-restrictions and watch Fox Sports anywhere with a VPN. This tool routes your internet traffic through a server in the US, essentially changing your location for the Fox Sports app (and Bally Sports).
Continue reading to find out more about how to watch Fox Sports with a VPN in 2024, no matter where you are located.
Best Fox Sports VPNs in 2024
- NordVPN – overall the best VPN for Fox Sports
- Surfshark – the Fox Sports VPN to share with your family
- IPVanish – affordable VPN for Fox Sports
How to watch Fox Sports from anywhere in 2024
- Get a VPN with a broad selection of servers. NordVPN is the best choice, now with 67% OFF
- Install the VPN and create your account
- Connect to a new server in the US
- That’s it! You’re ready to watch Fox Sports
Why do you need a VPN to watch Fox Sports online?
Fox Sports (and Bally Sports) primarily focus on American sports like MLB baseball, NBA basketball, and NHL hockey, occasionally featuring select international events.
But Fox Sports is tied to strict licensing agreements that dictate where and when the games can be shown. Geo-blocks scan the IP address of every user, and if the address isn’t in a US location, access will be denied.
But there is a way to get past geo-blocks – a VPN. It can change your IP address via a network of global servers, so you can unblock all sorts of location-restricted content by choosing the right connection. In the case of Fox Sports, all you need to bypass geo-blocks is a reliable VPN with plenty of US servers.
Finding the right VPN might be a bit tricky to find. Luckily, our team tested the best options to establish a list of top VPNs perfect for unblocking Fox Sports.
3 best VPNs for Fox Sports – detailed list
Fox Sports can’t be unblocked using a random VPN. You need a provider with solid US servers, secure connections, and lightning-fast speeds. The following VPNs offer all the necessary features.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN to watch Fox Sports
|Servers in the US:
|Unblocks Fox Sports:
|Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
|Get NordVPN, now up to 67% OFF + gift!
NordVPN is the best VPN for Fox Sports, as it not only has 1970+ servers in multiple US states but also is powerful at unblocking and streaming capabilities.
Having thousands of servers in the US, NordVPN is ideal for unblocking Fox Sports and the Bally Sports app. Overall, NordVPN counts over 6100 servers worldwide, so you can use it on all sorts of sports and content streaming sites.
Furthermore, sports content calls for speedy connections – you don’t want to miss out on a last-minute goal due to a laggy stream! With NordVPN’s consistently smooth connections, you’ll never have to worry about buffering issues again.
As noted in our NordVPN review, it boosts your digital security with a kill switch and banking-grade encryption. Your sensitive data will be well protected when you use this VPN.
Get a subscription for $3.39 per month or save money and use our exclusive NordVPN coupons!
2. Surfshark – the VPN to share with multiple users
|Servers in the US:
|Unblocks Fox Sports:
|Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
|Get 79% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE
Surfshark is also one of the best VPNs for Fox Sports, as it provides blazing fast speeds – as well as the option of connecting unlimited devices.
Surfshark’s server selection includes 3200+ connections in 100 countries (and more than 600 servers in the US) – so it’s more than capable of unblocking Fox Sports. Its connections are rarely beaten in speed tests, so you can rely on it to keep your sports streams buffer-free.
Surfshark analysis we've done also notes that this provider allows unlimited simultaneous connections, meaning you can connect as many devices to the VPN as you want. You don’t have to worry about your security being compromised – Surfshark’s encryption and kill switch features ensure total protection.
Sign up for Surfshark from only $2.29 per month, or get money off with these Surfshark discount codes!
3. IPVanish – great VPN to change location on Fox Sports
|Servers in the US:
|Unblocks Fox Sports:
|Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
|Get 75% OFF IPVanish!
IPVanish is a solid all-rounder that gets you connected to Fox Sports.
This VPN boasts an impressive connection list of over 2200 servers around the world and over 1100 servers in the US alone. Use IPVanish to change your IP address, and you’ll be watching Fox Sports in no time.
We’ve tested IPVanish on a range of streaming sites, so after watching Fox Sports, you can also use it to unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other similar platforms.
Hackers and ISPs might want to access your data, but with IPVanish’s encryption in place, they won’t be able to get a peek.
You can subscribe to IPVanish for $3.25 per month, but right now, we have special IPVanish coupon codes that can get you a significant discount off IPVanish!
Where to watch Fox Sports live without cable
You can watch Fox Sports live without cable on Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, DirecTV Stream, ESPN+, or Peacock. Here’s how much they cost per month:
|Price per month
|Hulu+ Live TV
However, if you’re not in the US, you’ll need a capable VPN to unblock every streaming service mentioned above.
What’s the difference between Fox Sports and Bally Sports?
While the names might sound similar, Fox Sports and Bally Sports are actually two distinct entities:
- Fox Sports. It’s a group of national network cable channels broadcasting national sports coverage, like NFL, MLB, NBA, and NASCAR. Some of these channels are FOX, FS1, FS2.
- Bally Sports. Formerly known as Fox Sports Networks, these channels were rebranded to Bally Sports in March 2021. It broadcasts games of local professional teams, primarily in Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, and the National Hockey League. Some of the examples include Bally Sports West (Los Angeles Dodgers), Bally Sports South (Atlanta Braves).
Essentially, Fox Sports delivers a broader range of national sports, while Bally Sports zooms in on specific regional teams and leagues. So, if you're a die-hard fan of your local baseball team, you'll find them on Bally Sports, while national NFL games will air on Fox Sports.
How to watch Fox Sports with a VPN on your device
Whether you’re trying to access Fox Sports online or the Fox Sports Go app (now renamed Bally Sports), simply use a VPN. These guides will show you how to do that on your smartphone, laptop, streaming sticks, and other devices:
- Watch Fox Sports on your computer
- Watch Fox Sports on your smartphone
- Watch Fox Sports on Kodi
- Watch Fox Sports on Apple TV
- Watch Fox Sports on Roku
Watch Fox Sports on your computer
Watch Fox Sports on your computer from anywhere with a VPN. This is the method to use for Windows and Mac PCs.
- Install a VPN with US servers. NordVPN is perfect for Fox Sports
- Load up the VPN on your PC
- Connect to a server located in America
- Go to one of the streaming sites that has Fox Sports and sign up
- You’re in! You now have a new IP address and can watch Fox Sports
Watch Fox Sports on your smartphone
Your iPhone or Android is perfect for streaming sports – especially on the Bally Sports app. Use a VPN to unblock Fox Sports on your smartphone today:
- In the settings section of your smartphone, change your device and App Store location to the US
- Now download and install a VPN onto your smartphone. NordVPN is ideal for iOS and Android
- Set up a new Google or Apple ID account and set your country as the US
- Head to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the Fox Sports App
- Set up your Fox Sports account (or sign in if you already have one)
- You’re ready to watch your favorite Fox Sports shows on your smartphone!
Watch Fox Sports on Kodi with a VPN
You can’t install a VPN directly onto Kodi, but you can connect to your router to give every device on your home network access:
- Download a VPN recommended for routers. NordVPN is the ideal option
- Install the VPN to your computer, then connect it to your router network
- Now find a US server to spoof your IP address
- Launch Kodi and click on the Add-ons menu
- Click the open box icon, then Install from repository, followed by Kodi Add-on repository, and finally Video Add-ons
- Now find Fox Sports in the add-ons list
- Hit install, wait for it to download, and then you should see Fox Sports on your Kodi video add-ons home screen
- Launch the Fox Sports add-on and follow the activation instructions
- With your IP address already set to a US location you should now be able to get access to the full Fox Sports content range!
Watch Fox Sports on Apple TV with a VPN
Apple TV doesn’t support VPN installation, so connect the VPN to your router instead to get access:
- Find a VPN that supports router connections. NordVPN is the strongest option
- Set up the VPN, connect it to your home router, and find a US server
- Ensure your Apple TV is on the same Wi-Fi network as your VPN-connected router
- Log in to Apple TV, head to the Fox Sports (or Bally Sports) app, and you can now watch all the sports you want!
Watch Fox Sports on Roku with a VPN
If you’d like to stream Fox Sports on Roku, follow this router method to get connected to a VPN:
- Choose a VPN that has many US servers. NordVPN is the best option
- Download the VPN, install its app, and connect it to your home Wi-Fi router
- Once it’s set up, connect to a US server to get a new IP address
- Switch on your smart TV and put your Roku stick into the HDMI port
- Launch Roku and find Fox Sports on the home screen
- Relax and start watching the best sports action!
How to watch Fox Sports from any country
Whether you’re in the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, or anywhere else, watching Fox Sports is easy as long as you follow this VPN installation method:
- Choose a VPN with a wide selection of US servers. NordVPN is the top option here
- Set the VPN up on your chosen device
- Scroll through the server list and find a US connection
- Head over to the streaming site that has Fox Sports and get a subscription
- Now you can watch Fox Sports from anywhere!
If you’re a frequent flyer, these are the best VPNs for traveling.
How to watch Bally Sports without cable
There are several ways to watch Bally Sports without cable, ditching the traditional TV package and streaming the action you crave. Let's explore your options:
|Hulu + Live TV
|Bally Sports South
|Bally Sports North
|Bally Sports Southwest
|Bally Sports Midwest
|Bally Sports SouthEast
Here's your quick guide to watching Bally Sports without cable:
- Subscribe and download a reliable VPN like NordVPN
- Connect to a US server
- Choose your streaming service. We recommend fuboTV to watch all Bally Sports channels and additional regional sports networks
- Sign up for your chosen streaming service and log in
- Enjoy Bally Sports live streaming!
Fox Sports not working even with a VPN? Some possible fixes
If you’re still having trouble unblocking Fox Sports, don’t fret – a simple issue could be the cause. These are the most common problems we’ve encountered:
- Fox Sports has blocked your server
- Your browser settings have leaked your true IP address
- The VPN you’re using isn’t suitable for bypassing geo-blocks
- Your apps/OS is outdated
These fixes could help:
- Update your browser, OS, and apps
- Switch to a new server located in the US
- Use a different web browser
- Get a better VPN
Can you watch Fox Sports with a free VPN
Free VPNs are readily available, but they deliver a severely scaled-down service. For this reason, it’s difficult to recommend a free VPN for Fox Sports.
Free VPNs usually offer just one or two servers, so getting past geo-blocks won’t be possible. You’ll also have to deal with restricting data caps, so even if you did manage to get access, you’d barely be able to stream a minute or two of HD sports before hitting your limit.
You’re also opening yourself up to privacy problems, as free VPNs have been known to sell user data to third parties. A better way of using a VPN for free is simply by signing up for a paid plan and getting a refund after 30 days. That gives you a month’s free use! Take a look at how much the best paid VPNs cost:
- NordVPN – the best option, NordVPN delivers the security, servers, and features you need to unblock Fox Sports. Pay just $3.39 a month once the 30-day refund period is up, or just request your money back.
- Surfshark – perfect for a household, Surfshark allows you to connect unlimited devices simultaneously. You can pay as little as $2.29 per month if you use the service beyond the 30-day money-back window.
- IPVanish – IPVanish is a reliable VPN that does everything you need. Fast and secure, you can use it for 30 days with the money-back guarantee option and then claim a refund or pay $3.25 per month for a subscription.
What can you watch on Fox Sports?
Fox Sports is one of the United State’s premier sports broadcasters. As well as NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, Fox Sports also shows the English Premier League, NASCAR, and Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Fox Sports will also show UEFA Euro 2024: Qualifying matches and the final tournament.
|October 10, 2023 - April 18, 2024
|February 4 – November 10, 2024
|March 20, 2024 – September 29, 2024
|NBA 2023-2024 season
|October 2023 - April 2024
The final score
As you can see, unblocking Fox Sports is a piece of cake as long as you have a VPN on your team.
A top-quality VPN, like NordVPN, will equip you with a new IP address in a location that allows Fox Sports, giving you full access to a range of sports content.
The VPN will also shield your data from prying eyes, ISP snoops, and online threats. So sign up for a VPN, protect your data, and get access to Fox Sports in a flash.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How do I change my location on FOX Sports?
You can't directly change location on FOX Sports, but a powerful VPN like NordVPN lets you choose a virtual US server, tricking FOX Sports into thinking you're there. This way, you can stream all your favorite games, no matter where you actually are.
Can I watch Fox Sports without cable?
Yes, you can watch Fox Sports on several streaming platforms, including SlingTV, Fubo TV, YouTube TV, and Hulu Live+ TV. If you’re outside the US, you will also need a VPN – the vital tool to evade Fox Sports geo-blocks.
Is it legal to watch Fox Sports with a VPN?
Yes, watching Fox Sports with a VPN is legal in most locations – including the UK, Canada, and Australia. Some countries may restrict VPN use (China and Russia are two examples). Check our VPN legality guide for full details.
Can I watch Fox Sports in Australia?
Yes, as long as you have a VPN, you can watch Fox Sports in Australia. Just download a recommended VPN, such as NordVPN, connect to a US server, choose one of the streaming sites that have Fox Sports, such as FuboTV or Sling TV, and enjoy.
How can I watch Fox Sports online for free?
You can use a top VPN to unblock Fox Sports for free for up to 30 days as well as enjoy Sling TV’s 30-day trial of the service's Premium Pass. As long as you cancel your VPN subscription within 30 days, you’ll receive a full refund, no questions asked.