How to watch Love Island from anywhere in 2021
Love Island is one of the most popular reality TV shows on the planet, and it now has versions in 18 countries around the world. But due to licensing restrictions, most of these versions are geo-blocked, meaning that they aren’t available to watch everywhere.
Luckily, there’s a simple solution that will allow you to watch all the versions of Love Island, including the US, the UK, and Australia. All you need to do is download a VPN and use it to connect to a server in a location that has access to the version of Love Island that you want to watch. On top of this, a VPN will improve your online security by encrypting data, as well as allowing you to unblock sites and services while you’re traveling.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to watch Love Island USA and Love Island UK on the most popular devices and tell you which VPNs to use. So read on for everything you need to know.
Watch Love Island in the USA or UK with a VPN - a short guide
- Choose a VPN with servers in the US or UK. We recommend NordVPN - get 72% instantly!
- Download and install the software, and create an account.
- Connect to a server in the location you want to access.
- Go to the TV channel or app that has the rights to show Love Island. This will be ITV Hub for the UK version, CBS or Hulu for the US version, or 9Now for the Australian show.
- Gather your friends together and enjoy watching Love Island!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Love Island?
There are now versions of Love Island in 18 countries around the world, including the UK, US, and Australia. However, thanks to licensing agreements, copyright laws, and distribution rights, these versions aren’t always available outside the country in which they’re based. So if you try to access US Love Island in a country that doesn’t have the rights to show it, you’ll be met with an error code.
Never fear, though, because there is an effortless way to bypass region restrictions and watch every episode of Love Island there is. Simply use a reliable VPN to connect to a server in the country you want to access. This will make it look as though your device has an IP address from that location, which will unblock the content for you.
If you want recommendations for the VPN that unblocks different versions of Love Island, you’re in luck because we’ve pulled together a list of our favorites in the next section of this guide.
Best VPNs to watch Love Island
The market is full of VPNs that claim to unblock all the major streaming services, but the truth is, not all of them can give you access to all the different versions of Love Island. Even if a VPN provider has servers in the location you want to access, they might be blocked by the streaming service you want to watch. And, of course, not all VPNs offer fast speeds, extra features, or even strong security.
Luckily, we’ve done our research and pulled together a list of VPNs that can consistently unblock Love Island in the UK, the US, and Australia. They also offer fast speeds and plenty of security features to protect your data while you’re online.
If you want more advice, check out our guide on the best VPNs for traveling. Or read on for our roundup of the best VPNs for watching Love Island.
1. NordVPN - Best VPN for unblocking Love Island
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|Current deal:||Get NordVPN, now 72% OFF!|
No matter which version of Love Island you want to watch, NordVPN will unblock it for you. It can consistently bypass geo-restrictions without any difficulties on all the streaming services that show Love Island, including Hulu, Netflix, and ITV Hub.
It boasts more than 5,550 servers in 59 countries, giving you no end of options for accessing Love Island in every country in which it’s shown. Better still, it offers fast and reliable speeds that are ideal for binge-watching episodes.
Perhaps more importantly, NordVPN is the most private VPN we’ve ever tested, with solid encryption, unbeatable leak protection, and a strict zero-logs policy.
Prices start at $3.29 per month.
For more information, read our in-depth NordVPN review.
- Can unblock every version of Love Island
- Fantastic security features
- Plenty of servers to choose from
- Fast speeds for buffer-free streaming
- Helpful customer support
- No router app
2. Surfshark - Best value Love Island VPN
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|Current deal:||Get Surfshark, now 83% OFF + 3 Months FREE!|
If you’re looking for excellent value for money, you won’t find a better option than Surfshark. It delivers a whole host of strong security features and lightning-fast speeds at a very affordable price. And better still, it can bypass region restrictions on every streaming service we’ve tested it on, meaning that it can unblock any version of Love Island you may want to watch.
It has more than 3,200 servers in over 60 countries, so you’ll have no end of choices. And it’s the fastest VPN we’ve tested, so you can enjoy reliable speeds while you’re catching up on episodes of your favorite show.
For all this, Surfshark is remarkably cheap, with plans starting at just $2.21 per month.
To find out more, read our full Surshark VPN review.
- Incredible value for money
- Can unblock every version of Love Island
- Comes with unlimited simultaneous connections
- Fastest VPN on our list
- It’s not independently audited
3. IPVanish - Strong security at a great price
|Servers/countries:||1,600+ servers in 75 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||Save 73% OFF the IPVanish 2-year plan!|
If you want a reliable VPN to unblock region-restricted content, IPVanish could be exactly what you’re looking for. It can get around location restrictions on all the streaming services that show Love Island, including CBS, ITV Hub, and Hulu, along with all the other major platforms.
You’ll have access to more than 1,600 servers in 75 countries, and it comes with unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can use it on as many devices as you like.
This provider will also keep your data safe with military-grade encryption and sophisticated leak protection. It also delivers fast speeds, so it’s ideal for binge-watching.
Plans start from $2.92 per month.
If you want to learn more, be sure to check out our detailed IPVanish review.
- Ideal for streaming
- Can unblock Love Island from any country
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Strong security
- Fast and reliable
- Based in the US, which isn’t privacy-friendly
- Doesn’t work in China
Top streaming services to watch Love Island online
Love Island UK, USA, and Australia are all aired on ITV in the UK. Meanwhile, the US version is on CBS. However, if you want to watch them on catch up, you’ll need these streaming services:
|Streaming service||Versions available||Recommended VPN|
|ITV Hub||UK, USA, Australia||NordVPN|
|Netflix (US version)||USA||Surfshark|
|Now9||UK, USA. Australia||NordVPN|
Of course, these services aren’t available in every country. Therefore, you’ll need to use a VPN to bypass the geo-restrictions on these platforms. Here, we’ll talk you through the streaming services in more detail and explain which VPNs can unblock them:
- ITV Hub - This streaming service is free to watch in the UK. To access it, download a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, and connect to a server in the UK. Then, go to the ITV Hub website or download the app, and either sign in or create an account. You’ll then be able to watch all Love Island episodes from the UK, the USA, and Australia.
- Hulu - With prices starting at just $6.99 a month, Hulu offers great value for money, and currently has episodes from the UK and Australian shows. But this streaming service is only available in the US. So if you want to access it from outside the country, you’ll need to use a VPN, like IPVanish, to connect to a US server. You’ll then be able to sign up for a free trial of Hulu and enjoy binge-watching.
- Netflix (US version) - If you’re outside the country and want to watch Love Island USA, use a strong VPN, such as Surfshark, to connect to a US server. Then log in to your Netflix account and you should see the full US content library, including Love Island.
- Now9 - This fantastic streaming service is free to Australian users, and it has access to the UK, USA, and Australian Love Island. To watch Now9 from outside Australia, simply use a VPN with Australian servers, like NordVPN, and connect to a server in that region. Then go to the Now9 website, create an account, and enjoy watching all three versions for free.
How to watch Love Island on your device
Although it’s not difficult to watch Love Island from anywhere, it’s important to remember that the steps may differ slightly depending on which device you’re using. On top of this, you might well need to use a VPN to access all the versions of the show you want to watch.
Here, we’ll walk you through how to do this on the most popular devices. Or if you need more help, have a look at our dedicated guides on using VPNs on different devices and operating systems:
In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to use a VPN to watch ZEE5 in the USA on a range of popular devices, and we’ll recommend the best VPNs to use. So read on to find out everything you need to know.
Watch Love Island on a PC
Whether you use Windows 10 or a Mac, you’ll be able to use it to watch any version of Love Island you like. You won’t even need to download any streaming apps! All you need to do is follow these simple instructions:
- Download and install a strong VPN with a choice of UK servers onto your computer. We recommend NordVPN for this.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Go to the ITV Hub website and either log in or create an account.
- If this doesn’t work straight away, try clearing your cookies and cache and log back in.
- Search for Love Island UK, USA, or Australia, and enjoy streaming!
Watch Love Island on your phone
It doesn’t matter if you have an iPhone, an Android smartphone, or even an iPad or Android tablet, you’ll be able to watch Love Island on it while you’re traveling. Here’s how:
- Change your app store and phone locations to the UK.
- Download and install a VPN app. NordVPN works flawlessly on iOS and Android.
- Create a new Google account or Apple ID and choose the UK as your country.
- Open or install the ITV Hub app on your device from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and either log in or create an account.
- Start binge-watching all your favorite episodes!
How to watch Love Island on streaming devices
Most streaming sticks, such as Roku, Apple TV, and Kodi, don’t support VPN apps. However, all is not lost because you can still use it to watch any version of Love Island you like. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a VPN with a selection of UK servers. NordVPN is our favorite for this.
- Download and install the software and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Insert your streaming stick into your smart TV via the HDMI port.
- Switch on your TV and select ITV Hub on your streaming stick’s home screen.
- Get all your friends and family together to watch Love Island on your biggest screen.
If you have an Amazon Firestick, you can download a VPN app straight onto your streaming stick.
For more information on using a VPN with your streaming device, take a look at our guides:
How to watch Love Island season 7 from anywhere with a VPN
The latest season of Love Island UK is currently available on ITV Hub - a free streaming service based in the UK. However, the platform is geo-blocked, meaning that users with an IP address from outside the country won’t be able to access it.
But don’t despair because there’s an easy way to get a UK IP address, no matter whether you’re in the US, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else in the world. All you have to do is download a VPN and use it to connect to a server in the UK. You’ll then be able to log in to ITV Hub and watch all the content it has to offer.
Sounds simple? It is! Just follow these steps, and you’ll be up and running in no time:
- Pick a VPN with UK servers. We recommend NordVPN for this.
- Download and install the software onto your device and complete the setup process.
- Connect to a server in the UK.
- Head to the ITV Hub website or download the ITV Hub app and either log in or create an account.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy watching season 7 of Love Island!
For more information, be sure to take a look at our in-depth guide on changing your location with a VPN.
Can’t access Love Island with a VPN?
If you’ve followed our instructions and still can’t access the version of Love Island you want, it could be that you’ve connected to a server in the wrong location, or that your VPN has stopped working. Alternatively, you could check our guide on how to use a VPN.
If you’re sure neither of these things applies, it could be one of the following issues:
- Your real IP address might have been leaked
- Your cookies could be giving away your actual location
- Your VPN can’t unblock the region restrictions on the streaming service you want to access
- The streaming service you’re using may have updated its geo-restrictions so that your VPN is no longer able to get around it
If any of these problems apply to you, try:
- Using a different browser
- Clearing your cookies and cache
- Checking you’ve enabled IP leak protection on your VPN
- Connecting to a different server on your VPN
- Getting in touch with your VPN’s customer service team
If you’ve tried fixing the issue and it’s still not working, you might want to think about upgrading to a better VPN. For recommendations for the best VPNs for Love Island, take a look at our list earlier in this article, or check out our guide on how to change your location with a VPN.
How to watch Love Island for free
Even though it may be possible to use a free VPN to watch different versions of Love Island, it’s definitely not something we’d advise doing. For one thing, free VPNs usually have far fewer servers, meaning that they’re a lot more likely to be recognized as VPN traffic and blocked by streaming services. And if you did manage to access the show, free VPNs usually deliver much slower speeds, so this wouldn’t be ideal for binge-watching.
What’s worse, free VPNs rarely offer strong security. In fact, a large percentage of them profit by selling customer data to advertisers and other third parties.
If you are determined to try a free VPN, it’s a much better idea to go for a freemium - free version of a paid-for provider. We’d recommend ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN, both of which come with unlimited data.
Everything you should know about Love Island
If you’re just starting to watch Love Island, strap yourself in because there are loads to catch up on! There are 18 different editions of Love Island, and you’ll be able to access every single one of them with a VPN. Here are the most popular series you can watch:
Warning: spoiler alerts ahead!
|Love Island version||Seasons and winners|
On top of this, there are also two series of UK Celebrity Love Island. And there are plans to create versions of the show in New Zealand, Nigeria, and Romania.
For all the latest gossip, be sure to check out the Love Island Twitter page.
Whether you want to watch Love Island UK, USA, Australia, or any other version, you’ll need a VPN to bypass its geo-restrictions. Once you’ve got that up and running, just connect to a server in the country of your choice and open up the streaming service that has the rights to that version of Love Island. We’d suggest connecting to a server in the UK and setting up a free account on ITV Hub. This will enable you to watch the UK, US, and Australian editions.
But a VPN is much more than just a way of unblocking region-restricted content. It’s also a vital cybersecurity tool that will encrypt your data to keep it safe from hackers and other third parties. It will also help you avoid throttling from your ISP.
For more advice, read our guide on the best VPNs for streaming.
Hopefully, this guide has answered all your burning questions on watching Love Island with a VPN. If not, let us know in the comments section, and our expert team will be in touch!
Is it illegal to watch Love Island with a VPN?
No, it’s perfectly legal to use a VPN to unblock region restrictions on any version of Love Island. However, it may be against the Terms of Service outlined by the streaming service you’re accessing. And there are some countries, such as China, where it’s illegal to use a VPN for any reason.
Is Love Island available on Netflix or Hulu?
Love Island USA is available on Netflix, while all UK and Australian episodes are available on Hulu. If you want to watch all three versions on one streaming service, you can do so on ITV Hub. If you want to access ITV Hub from outside the UK, check out our quick steps earlier in this guide.
How can I watch Love Island USA in the UK?
Love Island USA is available to watch for free on ITV Hub in the UK. If you want to access this streaming service from outside the UK, just use a VPN to connect to a UK server and visit the ITV Hub website to create an account. For more information, read our guide on how to do this.
What is the best VPN for watching Love Island from anywhere?
We’ve tested out loads of VPNs and found that NordVPN is the best provider for unblocking any version of Love Island. This is due to both the quality and quantity of its servers. On top of this, it also delivers excellent security features and fast speeds. For more recommendations, take a look at our list of the best VPNs for Love Island.
Is Love Island season 7 on Netflix?
No, unfortunately, season 7 of Love Island isn’t on Netflix. Instead, only the US version of Love Island is available on Netflix at the moment, which has aired three seasons so far. So to watch Love Island season 7, you’ll need to access Love Island UK, which is on Hulu, ITV Hub, and Now9.