How to watch Wimbledon 2023 online from anywhere
Wimbledon is a world-famous event with millions of fans globally that started the grand slam tradition in 1877. The tournament started on the 27th of June. After two weeks of the competition, it’ll end on Sunday, the 10th of July.
|Dates:||Mon, 27 Jun 2022 – Sun, 10 Jul 2022|
|Finals begin:||Sat, 9 Jul 2022|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 60% OFF|
|Stream in the US:||FuboTV, ESPN+|
|Stream for FREE in the UK:||BBC iPlayer|
The event will take place at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Church Road, South-west London.
The tournament’s popularity causes a tremendous viewership demand, with only select companies getting broadcasting rights. The result is that it’s only available on a couple of channels around the globe.
Luckily though, with the growing popularity of streaming services, you can now stream those channels anywhere. All you have to do is subscribe to one of the streaming platforms and use a reputable VPN provider. It’ll allow you to get a new IP address and provide you with complete access.
While it sounds complicated, it’s pretty simple. In this guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about using a VPN to watch a 2022 Wimbledon.
Watch Wimbledon 2022 stream with a VPN
- Download and install a VPN on your device. We recommend NordVPN, now 63%OFF!
- Choose the US server.
- Connect to the streaming platform that offers Wimbledon streaming. (Hulu, fuboTV, YouTube TV)
- Sit back and enjoy the match.
Why do you need a VPN to stream Wimbledon online?
Wimbledon sells exclusive broadcasting rights to specific cable channels in every country. For example, ESPN+ in the US and BBC in the UK, leaving you without many streaming services with such an event on offer.
However, there are streaming companies that include channels such as ESPN in their Live TV collection.
But, accessing those streaming services from anywhere is impossible without a reliable VPN service. When you’re deciding which one to get, these are the things to keep in mind:
- Reliability and speed – VPN performance is crucial. Its reliability ensures that you can enjoy high-quality content without any buffering.
- Selection of servers – with a broad range of servers in different locations, you can use the VPN to unblock content in numerous locations.
- Supported devices – pick a VPN provider that is available on multiple platforms. That way, you can enjoy streaming content on the go.
Since finding a VPN capable of unblocking Wimbledon streams is not that simple, we did all the research for you. After testing a bunch of different VPN providers, we picked the best-performing ones.
Best VPNs to watch Wimbledon from anywhere
- NordVPN – best VPN for streaming Wimbledon overall
- Surfshark – great-value VPN for watching Wimbledon
- IPVanish – reliable provider for unblocking region-restricted content
These top 3 VPNs can easily bypass geo-restrictions and allow you to watch Wimbledon from anywhere. If that's not enough, they also protect your privacy and maintain fast speeds.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for streaming Wimbledon overall
|🖥Servers:||5500+ servers in 60 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|🔎Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 63% OFF|
NordVPN is our top pick since it packs over 5500 servers in its network. On top of that, you get access to 60 territories. It means that you can practically unlock any content you need.
The service is available on numerous operating systems such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and more. You can also use it simultaneously on six separate devices.
You can use the VPN to unblock content on Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Netflix, CBS, and other streaming services.
If you want to try it out, you can, as the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our detailed NordVPN review to find out more.
- High-quality US servers
- Top-tier security
- Consistently unblocks Wimbledon streams
- Super-fast speeds
- SmartPlay for easy streaming
- Email required when signing up
2. Surfshark – great-value VPN for watching Wimbledon
|🖥Servers:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|🔎Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
With over 3200 servers across more than 100 countries, Surfshark is another reputable VPN provider. It offers a reliable speed, which is crucial for streaming content.
Also, there’s no limit on the devices you can use. No matter what operating system you’re using, you can set it up and run it in a matter of minutes. Some of the prominent ones include Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
Surfshark is also equipped with great security features, ensuring that you’re leaving no digital footprints with your online activities.
Use it to unblock all the major streaming services available with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To get more information, read our in-depth Surfshark VPN review.
- Amazing value for money
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Lightning-fast speeds
- Over 3200 high-quality servers
- Not the best option for iOS
3. IPVanish – reliable provider for unblocking region-restricted content
|🖥Servers:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|🔎Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 72% OFF|
IPVanish is a great choice if you're looking for a reliable provider that consistently unblocks Wimbledon streams.
The provider has more than 2000 servers in 50 countries, meaning that you'll be able to watch Wimbledon wherever you are. It also works amazingly well with other streaming sites, including Netflix regions, Disney+, AMC+, and many more.
When using IPVanish, speed and security won't be an issue as well. It comes with strong encryption that will protect your data, and maintains fast connections.
For more information, read our dedicated IPVanish review.
- Great selection of US servers
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Robust security
- Unblocks multiple streaming sites
- Won’t work in China
Best streaming services to watch Wimbledon
ESPN owns broadcasting rights for Wimbledon in the US. The viewers will need to access streaming services that have ESPN in their offering. At the moment, you can pick one of the six streaming companies. Check our guide – how to watch ESPN online.
|Streaming Service||Monthly subscription cost|
|Hulu + Live TV||$64.99|
|Sling TV (Blue or Orange)||$35.00|
If you subscribe to one of these services or a cable that includes ESPN, there’s one more thing you could do. You can download the WatchESPN app to your Android or iOS device and log in to access all ESPN live content.
However, if you’re outside of the US, you’ll need to use a VPN to access streaming content on any of these platforms.
Our recommendations include:
- NordVPN – this service is our top choice due to its outstanding reliability. It’s the perfect pick to enjoy streaming Wimbledon in 4K resolution without any buffering.
- Surfshark – Surfshark comes with plenty of servers to pick from. Sit back wherever you are, and enjoy Wimbledon with it. The best part is, your family members can use it on other devices since it comes with unlimited simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN – the service comes with outstanding speeds. It’ll allow you to enjoy every match in great detail.
Each of these VPN providers comes with reliable performance and plenty of privacy-focused features. You can also try them out before subscribing.
How to watch Wimbledon from your country?
In each of the following countries, different companies hold Wimbledon broadcasting rights. Look at the table where we outline which channels and streaming services offer live Wimbledon broadcast.
|United States||ESPN||Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, fuboTV|
|Canada||TSN (English) and RDS (French)||TSN Live or TSN Direct and RDS app|
|Australia||Channel 9||Stan Sport|
|United Kingdom||BBC||BBC iPlayer|
Watch Wimbledon in the USA
If you’re subscribed to either Hulu Live TV, FuboTV, Vidgo, YouTube TV, AT&T TV, or Sling TV, you can enjoy Wimbledon on the go.
If you’re outside of us and you want to access these services, you’ll have to use a VPN to access them. We recommend NordVPN.
Watch Wimbledon in Canada
When it comes to Canada, you can watch Wimbledon on TSN in English. If you’re looking for a French broadcast, you’ll have to tune in with RDS. Both channels have streaming available through their websites and apps.
If you’re outside of Canada, simply turn on your VPN and login to the TSN or RDS website to watch the Wimbledon live stream.
Watch Wimbledon in Australia
If you’re looking for a way to watch Wimbledon in Australia, you can do it on Channel 9. Otherwise, you can stream the content from the newly launched sports streaming platform, Stan Sport.
If you’re abroad, you’ll need to use a VPN with a server in Australia. That way, you’ll be able to access the streaming service and stream Wimbledon anywhere.
Watch Wimbledon in the UK
BBC covers Wimbledon in the UK. You can enjoy it on a broad range of BBC channels, and you can also use BBC iPlayer to stream it online.
If you’re outside of the UK, you can still access BBC iPlayer online and stream Wimbledon on your device.
How to watch Wimbledon on your device?
The good news is that you can stream Wimbledon on multiple devices. Let’s take a closer look at the steps for each of them:
- How to watch Wimbledon on your PC
- How to watch Wimbledon on your phone
- How to watch Wimbledon on Kodi
- How to watch Wimbledon on Amazon Firestick
- How to watch Wimbledon on Roku
- How to watch Wimbledon on smart TV
Watch Wimbledon on PC
If you’re on your PC, macOS device, or a computer running Linux, you can enjoy Wimbledon with only a couple of clicks:
- Download and install a VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Pick a US server.
- Connect to a streaming service with ESPN (or directly to WatchESPN).
- Play the stream and enjoy the match!
Watch Wimbledon on your Phone (iOS and Android)
Relax and enjoy Wimbledon on the go. Here’s how to do it, no matter if you’re using an iOS or an Android device:
- Download and install VPN from your app store. We recommend NordVPN for mobile.
- Select a US server.
- Get the streaming platform app.
- Sign in and enjoy Wimbledon.
Watch Wimbledon on Kodi
Do you stream your content on Kodi? Follow these steps to enjoy Wimbledon:
- Download and install a VPN on your router. We suggest NordVPN.
- Pick the US server.
- Connect your Kodi to your router.
- Get the addon for the streaming service you want to use – for example, YouTube TV addon.
- Set it up and enjoy live streaming Wimbledon.
Watch Wimbledon on Amazon Firestick
You can enjoy a broad range of streaming services on your Amazon Firestick. All you have to do is set up a VPN first:
- Enable unknown sources on your Firestick, and install a VPN. We recommend NordVPN as it has an app specifically tailored for Amazon Firestick.
- Connect to a US server.
- Log in to one of the above mentioned streaming services and turn on ESPN.
- Enjoy Wimbledon's live coverage.
Watch Wimbledon on Roku
If you’re using Roku for streaming, you’ll be happy to know that you can stream Wimbledon on it as well. Here’s how:
- Download a VPN and set it up on your router. The best VPN for Roku is NordVPN.
- Connect to a US server.
- Connect the Roku device through that router.
- Find the service you’re using (for example, Hulu + Live TV).
- Find ESPN and enjoy the Wimbledon broadcast.
Watch Wimbledon on smart TV
Smart TVs come equipped with various apps that allow you to stream content seamlessly. However, VPNs are natively supported only on Android TVs such as Panasonic and Sony. Other brand owners, such as LG and Samsung, will have to do the following:
- Download a VPN and set it up on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Choose the US server.
- Connect your TV to the router with a VPN.
- Log in to the streaming service app of your preference.
- Tune in on ESPN, and enjoy the show.
Using a VPN and still getting blacked out?
Streaming services are constantly battling VPN providers in trying to keep the content geo-locked. However, the best VPN providers almost always find a workaround.
In case you’re using a VPN and still getting blacked out, there are a couple of things to consider.
- Double-check whether you’re on the correct server – if you connect to the wrong server, you won’t be able to access content on the streaming service.
- Reconnect your VPN – you might be experiencing a faulty connection. Simply try reconnecting through your VPN.
- Clear out your cache – clear out your browser cache and try again.
- Reach out to VPN customer service – get in touch with customer support. They’ll be able to help you out nine times out of ten.
- Use a device without GPS – many streaming services also use GPS to determine your actual location. It’s best to stream content through a device that doesn’t have GPS at all.
- Change the VPN provider – if this keeps repeating often, it’s time to try changing the VPN provider.
How to watch Wimbledon for free?
The best way to watch Wimbledon for free is to sign up for a BBC iPlayer account. You’ll have to use a VPN, though, as the service is available to UK residents only.
If you’re thinking of using a free VPN, we don’t recommend it. The chances are that you’ll have an awful experience using it. The majority of them offer incredibly unreliable connections.
Furthermore, don’t count on privacy, as free VPN providers collect your activity data and sell them to advertisers and other similar companies.
If you are keen to use a free VPN, you might prefer a freemium option. Almost every reputable paid-for VPN provider has a free variant of their tool. However, they often come with data limits. For example, Windscribe is a great choice. It has a 10 GB monthly limit, though.
If you want a free experience that’s premium, we suggest NordVPN, as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. That way, you’ll get an outstanding experience without spending any money.
In 2022, the Wimbledon Grand Slam will start on June 27th and last until the 10th of July. It’s one of the most prestigious annual tennis events that millions look forward to. The defending singles champions are Novak Djokovic and Ash Barty.
|Mon 4 July|
|Tue 5 July|
|Wed 6 July|
|Thu 7 July|
|Fri 8 July|
|Sat 9 July|
|Sun 10 July|
All dates in the table are not final and are subject to change. It depends on the weather, injuries, and other unforeseeable factors.
For more details on the schedule, head over to the official Wimbledon website. The participants will also be available there. Explore the official Wimbledon Twitter page and stay up to date with the latest news.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
- How to watch rugby games in the USA in 2022: enjoy unlimited rugby streaming
- How to watch MLB games online without cable: watch MLB online without any limitations
- How to watch US Open Tennis: the easiest way to access the US Open Tennis
- How to watch Premier League: a few easy steps to watch Premier League with a VPN
- How to watch Champions League: stream Champions League with a help of a top-rated VPN
- How to watch Super Bowl online: bypass geo-blocks effortlessly
- How to watch Australian Open tennis online: don't miss out on tennis games
Where can I watch Wimbledon?
In the US, the tournament is going to be available on ESPN. You can stream it online with any service that has the channel in its offering. Canadians can enjoy Wimbledon on TSN and RDS while the Australian fans will find it on Channel 9 and Stan Sport. UK fans can enjoy the grand slam on BBC and BBC iPlayer. If you're residing outside these countries, you can use NordVPN to bypass locations restrictions.
Is watching Wimbledon with a VPN legal?
Yes, you can use a VPN to watch Wimbledon legally. Simply choose a server, connect, and log in to your streaming service.
Can you watch Wimbledon for free?
Users of the BBC iPlayer can enjoy the event for free if they are located in the UK. Those who want to access the service outside the country will have to use a VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
Can you stream Wimbledon on Amazon Prime?
While it’s possible to watch other ATP tournaments on Amazon Prime combined with Tennis TV, the same does not apply to Wimbledon. While it’s currently unavailable, Amazon is in talks of getting broadcasting rights in the future.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked