How To Change Your Location On TikTok in 2021?
Yes, TikTok has been skyrocketing these past 2 years. Its content never stops expanding and we are pretty sure you want to see all of it. Yet, to see all the goodies that TikTok’s community has to offer, you have to change your location.
A big part of the world sees TikTok as an untrustworthy place to spend your time. Due to security reasons, many countries, like India and Pakistan, have decided to limit access to the app for their citizens. As a result, dozens of people are unable to reach TikTok’s content or simply have to deal with the limited amount of it.
But we are here to tell you that there are ways to change your location on TikTok and enjoy it freely and safely. It is not only the GPS spoofing application that might help you out. To be honest, we have other options to recommend to you. The more safer and effective ones.
This article will guide you through the process of changing your location on TikTok with the help of a VPN. It will also enlighten you with the benefits of VPN for TikTok and your daily life. So take a seat and get ready to take over TikTok.
Change your location on TikTok - short guide
Changing the TikTok location doesn't require putting as much effort as you imagine. Let us show you how to do that quickly with the help of a VPN:
- Choose a reliable VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the software and complete the sign-up process
- Connect to a server in the location you want
- Enjoy browsing securely and accessing TikTok content worldwide.
Why do you need a VPN for TikTok?
TikTok has decided to cut its feature to change the location on the application. In this case, VPN is the best option to access your wanted content.
VPN changes your IP address and hides your location. So, let’s say, you connect to a server that is located in the US. Your initial IP address is no longer recognized and, according to the given IP, you are enjoying TikTok from the US. Meaning, you are free to see the content dedicated to the US residents.
To continue with, lots of countries decide to block TikTok as it is owned by a Chinese company. It is known that the Chinese government is also interested in looking after the applications that Chinese residents create. For example, TikTok. Therefore, changing the location or region with the help of a VPN lets you get around the restrictions.
Take a glance at a few more perks that a VPN can offer:
Data encryption. It prevents hackers and government bodies from getting into your personal data.
Ad blocker. This feature is protecting you from ads, unsafe connections, and phishing scams, so your time on TikTok can be not only fun but safe too.
Best VPNs for TikTok
The list of existing VPN providers is long and confusing. Yet, not all of the products are suitable as VPNs for TikTok: most of them are too slow to use TikTok comfortably. Other options don’t have enough servers, or simply don’t work with the platform.
Fortunately, you will not have to worry about testing all VPN services because we have already done this for you. Running specific tests – like changing the location for TikTok, challenging the speed of servers have brought us to the top 3 VPN providers. Take a look at our top 3 VPN providers for changing TikTok location.
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
|Current deal:||Get NordVPN, now 72% OFF + 3 Months FREE!|
We have come to the conclusion that NordVPN is our favorite VPN provider for TikTok. It offers super-strong encryption and lets you choose from a number of available global servers. Plus, it’s very fast – offering you a smooth, high-quality TikTok experience with no load times.
NordVPN is a great match for you because it is based in Panama. Thus, it has a no-logs policy. None of the information transmitted through the network stays on any servers. Sounds crucial to us.
Speaking of encryption, NordVPN implements AES-256 encryption which is currently the strongest encryption in the market. Moving further, you can choose from 5,550 servers in 59 countries, so this guarantees you a wide range of content and fast, uncrowded servers.
Prices start at $3.30 a month.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Multi-login (6 devices)
- Sophisticated security features
- Torrenting not supported on all servers
- Higher pricing plans
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||Get Surfshark, now 81% OFF!|
If you’re looking for a high-quality VPN for TikTok and more, but have a limited budget – Surfshark is an excellent option. But it’s not just the attractive price that makes this VPN good. It’s packed with features: built-in GPS spoofing being the most exciting option.
But of course, that’s not all. AES-256 cipher encryption, leak protection, ad blocker and kill switch – here you have a holy foursome which ensures you getting armed and unseen. Oh, let us mention that they are based in the British Virgin Islands, so the no-logs policy applies.
The list of servers and countries is one more strong asset of Surfshark. 3,200 servers in over 60 countries are going to take you to every corner of the world and let you enjoy the speedy network over there.
Prices start at only $2.49 a month.
- Competitive prices
- Advanced security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 7-day free trial
- No split tunneling available on iOS
|Servers/countries:||1,400 servers in 52 countries|
|Unblocks Netflix:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||Save 70% OFF the IPVanish 1-year plan!|
Last but not least, IPVanish is a trustworthy VPN. No security or infrastructure breaches in IPVanish’s history already says a lot. It also offers a big amount of IP addresses, as well as a decent range of servers and locations.
This provider uses AES-256 encryption, thus we can truly rely on it as a VPN for TikTok. With the latest update, IPVanish is fast as well. Both local and global connection speeds were great for exploring everything TikTok has to offer. You will be able to use it on over 77 locations with 1,400 servers and access to 40,000+ IP addresses.
What guarantees your privacy even more – zero logs policy. So that is a cherry on top for changing your location on TikTok and feeling secure while doing so.
Prices start from $4.00 a month.
- No connection limits
- Excellent customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Browser extensions unavailable
How does TikTok detect your location?
TikTok’s location tracking is based on your SIM card, IP address, and GPS. Right after you sign up for TikTok you get asked to authenticate yourself with a phone number. In this way, TikTok seeks to avoid fake accounts and scammers. Additionally, on some versions of TikTok, your location gets tracked automatically by giving a post a location tag.
However, does TikTok’s safety ensure your safety as well? Sadly, no. Allowing TikTok to know your location increases the risk of getting hacked. Your personal information becomes easily accessible and this brings danger in the long term.
TikTok itself in its privacy statement informs you that they will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or other organizations if legally required to do so. Meaning, TikTok is allowed to pass your sensitive information to commercial parties and the governments. So knowing how to turn off location tracking on TikTok is pretty convenient.
Why would you change your TikTok region?
Let’s have a look at the perks of changing your TikTok location or region:
- Accessing content independently from your actual location. Many countries have blocked TikTok or limited the content their residents can access. Yet, we all don’t want to miss out on the content that is hidden behind those restrictions. By changing your location with the help of a VPN all those limits fall off and you are free to enjoy the full-fledged application.
- Secure your privacy. While TikTok has access to your device with no VPN, you are naked in front of them. The company behind TikTok can track what applications are on your device, messages that were sent from you, where you go or what you do. A VPN makes sure that your videos are not traced back to you.
- Increase the number of your followers. Perhaps your local territory is not interested in your feed or you just wish to attract a worldwide audience? Well, changing your TikTok region will put your feed to the chosen region’s attention. A VPN for TikTok allows you to constantly change countries, thus you would show up to a variety of nationalities.
We are glad to tell you that many great VPNs have built-in GPS spoofing features to ease this for you. You can find our preferred VPNs in the list above.
How to change your location in TikTok on different devices?
Changing the location or region for TikTok is a relevant topic globally.
Check out our articles of most popular VPNs for dedicated devices below:
VPN for PC
VPN for Mobile devices
Change TikTok location on Mobile phone
Here are some of the methods how you can change your TikTok location and expand the range of the content on Android and iOS devices
Getting a VPN service:
We find VPN as the most optional solution for changing your location on TikTok. It is able to change your location, allow you to access global content, and reassure your security.
1. Choose the best VPN from our suggested list. We recommend NordVPN.
2. Download the app from Google Play or Apple App Stores and install the software.
3. Sign up and choose a suitable subscription
4. Connect to your desired country and its server
5. Find yourself enjoying the worldwide content on TikTok
Changing language on TikTok to access other region content:
This solution is for users who only wish to access the content from a foreign country. Yet, it isn’t suitable for users who live in countries that have banned TikTok.
- Head to the TikTok app and navigate to Profile/Me
- On the right top corner, tap on three lines/dots
- In the section Content & Activity find Content preferences and click on it
- Tap on Video languages
- Click on Add language, choose your preferred language and click Done
Changing your SIM card:
TikTok uses your SIM region code to decide what you see, thus, changing your SIM card to a foreign one will change your location and allow you to access content dedicated to the specific region. It is important to disable the GPS feature on your mobile device as well to assure you are not tracked.
- Order an international SIM card
- Put the card into the SIM card slot
- Delete the cache and TikTok app data. For iOS devices only reinstall the TikTok app
- Open TikTok and there you go – the colorful content is yours
Change TikTok location on PC or Laptop
This is how to change your TikTok location on desktop:
- Choose the most suitable VPN for you. We suggest NordVPN.
- Download and install the software
- Connect to the server and country of your choice
- Head to TikTok and have fun
Is it legal to change your location on TikTok?
If you feel like taking the extra mile for the sake of your security, GPS-spoofing application options or VPN are also legal. On the other hand, the GPS spoofing app does not change your IP address and that’s why you still can be recognized and even get banned trying to make sketchy location change tricks - otherwise, VPN comes really in handy with its GPS spoofing and IP changing features.
Problems while changing location on TikTok with a VPN?
The TikTok region change with a VPN might not be working because of several aspects. Here are the reasons why it may not work:
- You have connected to a server in the wrong region
- Your VPN provider doesn’t have a server for a particular country
- Your true IP address could be leaking
- Cookies on your device might be showing your true location
- Your VPN can’t bypass the region restrictions for the TikTok
- The GPS location on your device doesn’t match the IP address on your VPN
But don’t worry, we have you some solutions for the situation:
- Check for another or additional trustworthy VPN provider which has a server for your preferred country
- Make sure you have enabled IP leak protection settings on your VPN
- Use a different browser
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Connect to a different server
- Contact your VPN’s customer support team
If none of the suggestions work, we think it’s time to consider upgrading your VPN provider. In this case, you could check our list of the best VPNs in 2021.
Change TikTok location with free VPN
Yes, a free VPN is better than no VPN at all. There are free VPNs that can help you with TikTok. Yet, we rarely recommend choosing a free VPN instead of a paid one. They tend to be less secure, slower, and offer a tiny amount of features compared to a paid VPN.
Frankly, free VPNs are known for selling customers’ data to third parties. In addition, they often come with data caps, which will limit how much VPN you can use. Sadly, this brings a lack of trust here.
Is changing your location for TikTok worth it?
We have to admit that the TikTok location change can be confusing and requires you to take some responsible actions. But, truth to be told, it is not a challenging task to do. Moreover, now you know how to do that without getting hacked or scammed while relying on a GPS spoofing app.
Overall, choosing to use a VPN for changing your TikTok location seems like the most beneficial way to go. Hiding your true IP address will give you access to the greatest worldwide feed.
And we couldn’t go without mentioning other handy features that come along with a VPN. Encrypted data, ad blocking, many different IP addresses will ensure your security is fully equipped. In addition, all our top VPNs allow you to use their services on multiple devices, so the protection goes with you wherever you go.
Do you feel like this article has left any relevant questions for you? Let us know if you need any further guidance in the comments section below.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
Does VPN change TikTok region?
Yes, a VPN does change your location and region for TikTok. A VPN will allow you to connect to the country and its server of your choice and will also provide you with a new IP address. It doesn’t only help you to access more feed, it’s also a great tool for users from countries that block TikTok.
Does Location Affect TikTok?
One word – yes. Many countries are aware of TikTok belonging to the Chinese company, which is being watched by the Chinese government. So for the sake of security, the world has started to block or put limitations on TikTok. Also, the TikTok location algorithm makes sure that the user receives the most related content according to the user’s location.
Is TikTok safe with a VPN?
We are happy to tell you that TikTok is indeed safe with a VPN. Actually, TikTok doesn’t know whether you are using a VPN or not. Trusting the location change on TikTok for VPN is the safest way to get around the ban. It ensures that your IP address is hidden and no one is monitoring you.
Should I use a VPN for TikTok?