Often referred to as the King of Streaming, Netflix is home to over 17,000 titles, such as Squid Game, Stranger Things, and The Watcher. However, the streaming service’s pricing is a real drawback for many. What’s more, its fees vary wildly by country – a monthly subscription in Switzerland costs about $12.09, while you can get the same plan for only about $2.68 in Argentina.
So, how to get the cheapest Netflix plans from anywhere? Well, by using a VPN, you can get a fresh IP address and switch your digital location to a country with cheaper Netflix plans. Additionally, a VPN also has other functions like unblocking restricted content, encrypting data, and blocking ads.
Not quite sure where to start? Read on to find out how to get cheap Netflix plans with a VPN. We’ll also cover the best VPNs that will get the job done perfectly.
How to get Netflix cheaper with a VPN
- Sign up for a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in Argentina or Turkey – some of the cheapest Netflix plans out there.
- Head to Netflix and register for an account.
- Save big while you enjoy Netflix’s huge selection of titles.
How can a VPN help you to get a cheaper Netflix subscription?
Netflix is available in more than 190 countries, so most people will have access to the streaming platform. However, its pricing differs quite a lot depending on your country. For instance, Netflix’s entry plan costs about $12.09/month in Switzerland and $9.99/month in the US. However, viewers in Argentina pay only about $2.68/month for the same plan.
Don’t despair, though, because this is where a VPN comes in. By using a first-class VPN, you can change your IP address to a location with the cheapest Netflix plan. This way, when you create an account, you get access to the cheaper Netflix rates.
However, if you try this with a lower-quality VPN, you’ll be swiftly thwarted by Netflix’s geo-blocks and greeted by this message:
That’s why we’ve put together a list of first-rate VPNs that will seamlessly bypass Netflix’s region restrictions. Efficacy, security, functionality, and speed, these VPNs offer them all.
Best VPNs for cheap Netflix subscription
- NordVPN – best VPN for cheap Netflix subscriptions
- Surfshark – very affordable VPN to save on Netflix
- PureVPN – robust VPN with ample servers for cheaper Netflix subscriptions
To get Netflix for cheap, you’ll need a top-tier VPN for Netflix. Among other things, the VPN should have a fleet of global servers to unblock geo-restrictions, fast speeds for lag-free Netflix marathons, and plenty of security features to keep you safe online. The following VPNs all fit the bill.
1. NordVPN – top VPN for cheap Netflix subscription
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox|
|🔥Coupons:||Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE|
NordVPN is your best option to snag the cheapest Netflix plan as it has 5500+ servers in 59 countries – including Argentina and Turkey, which have some of the cheapest Netflix rates.
Buffer-free Netflix marathon is also a sure thing courtesy of NordVPN’s proprietary tunneling protocol, NordLynx. Additionally, abundant security features like 256-bit AES encryption, dark web monitor, and dedicated IP keep you safe when streaming.
Prices start from $2.99/month, and you can get more money-saving deals with our NordVPN coupon coupons.
Visit our NordVPN review to learn more.
- Unblocks various Netflix libraries
- Servers in Argentina and Turkey
- Fast speeds
- Robust security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No router app
2. Surfshark – cheap and fast VPN for Netflix
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox|
|🔥Current deal:||Get 84% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE|
Surfshark is another surefire option to get a cheap Netflix subscription with its 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including Argentina, India, and Turkey.
Additionally, Surfshark is one of the fastest VPNs in the market, so you can expect buffer-free Netflix action. It also takes security very seriously with well-rounded measures like AES-256-GCM, private DNS and leak protection, and Camouflage Mode.
Plans start from a very cheap $2.05/month. Snap up our Surfshark VPN coupon codes, and your wallet will thank you!
For more information, visit our Surfshark review.
- Big server fleet
- Unblock major streaming sites
- Amazing value for money
- Great security
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No split-tunneling on iOS
3. PureVPN – plenty of servers to get the cheapest Netflix plan
|🖥️Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||Get PureVPN, now 87% OFF|
PureVPN bats for the win with its list of 6500+ servers in 78 countries. Thankfully, countries with cheap Netflix subscriptions, like Argentina and Turkey, are on the list.
Highly praised for its speed, its WireGuard tunneling protocol is another perk that ensures buffer-free movie nights. PureVPN’s security gets a stamp of approval, too, with protective measures like 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, and no-log audits.
PureVPN is yours for just $1.49/month, but you might find an even better deal with our PureVPN coupon codes.
Read our full PureVPN review.
- Unblocks multiple Netflix libraries
- Massive server network
- Always-on no-log audit
- Extremely cheap
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- No free version
How we tested VPNs to get cheaper Netflix
When we were selecting the best VPNs to get a cheap Netflix subscription, we considered a few things. Among them are:
- A huge fleet of servers is vital to ensure that there are plenty of server options available in countries with cheap Netflix rates. Additionally, more servers also mean better speeds as you can connect to a server closer to your physical location.
- Only the best VPNs can get past Netflix’s geo-blocks as top streaming services have sophisticated technology to prevent the use of VPNs.
- Fast connections are a must-have for buffer-free Netflix streaming.
- A good VPN comes with plenty of security features for safety and anonymity purposes. Some vital ones include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a no-log policy.
- High-quality VPNs support multiple operating systems to ensure users can stream on various devices.
- The best VPNs should be priced reasonably and offer good value for money. A money-back guarantee is also great in case of a change of mind.
How to get a Netflix subscription cheaper in Argentina
Argentina has one of the cheapest Netflix subscription rates in the world at just about $2.68/month. That’s good news for those in Argentina. Unfortunately, those outside the country will not be able to access the cheap Netflix rates because of geo-restrictions. Unless you use a VPN, that is.
With a VPN, you can connect to a server within Argentina and make it seem as if you’re in the country to score cheaper Netflix rates. Here’s how to get a cheaper Netflix subscription with a VPN:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN with servers in Argentina. NordVPN is up for the task.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in Argentina.
- Head over to Netflix.
- Create a Netflix account. Note that you’ll need a credit or debit issued in Argentina. If you don’t have this, a popular alternative is to get a regional Netflix gift card.
- Sit back and enjoy your Netflix binge session.
Cheapest Netflix subscription by country
Netflix’s pricing varies wildly depending on your country. Viewers in India, Turkey, and Argentina enjoy some of the cheapest Netflix rates in the world. Meanwhile, those in the United States, Singapore, and Switzerland get the short end of the stick and have to pay significantly more for Netflix.
If you're looking for the cheapest Netflix subscription, you should connect to a server in Turkey. While the Basic plan is slightly more expensive than in India and currently costs around $2.47, other plans are significantly more affordable in Turkey. Here's how much you will pay for different plans:
- Basic – 45.99 TL (~2.47 USD)
- Standard – 69.99 TL (~3.76 USD)
- Advanced – 93.99 TL (~5.05 USD)
In comparison, here are the prices for Netflix subscription in Switzerland:
- Basic – 11.90 CHF (~12.09 USD)
- Standard – 18.90 CHF (~19.21 USD)
- Advanced – 24.90 CHF (~25.30 USD)
Fortunately, for those of you in a country with expensive Netflix rates, you can easily switch your online location with a VPN to snag cheaper rates.
Here’s a closer look at how much Netflix costs in different countries:
|Country||Monthly price in local currency||Monthly price in USD|
|India||199 INR||~2.45 USD|
|Turkey||45.99 TL||~2.47 USD|
|Argentina||429 ARS||~2.68 USD|
|Colombia||16 900 COP||~3.39 USD|
|Brazil||25.90 BRL||~5.01 USD|
|Japan||990 JPY||~6.76 USD|
|Mexico||139 MXN||~7.09 USD|
|UK||6.99 GBP||~7.98 USD|
|Italy||7.99 EUR||~8.02 USD|
|Singapore||12.98 SGD||~9.27 USD|
|US||9.99 USD||9.99 USD|
|Switzerland||11.90 CHF||~12.09 USD|
*Prices of Netflix subscriptions are being updated regularly. Last update: November 11, 2022.
Other ways to get cheaper Netflix subscriptions
Times are tough, and we get it! So, aside from using a VPN to get more affordable rates, here are some other ways that you can save on Netflix:
- Share your account – if you’re on Netflix Standard or Premium, share your account with friends, family members, or relatives to split the cost. The burden is far lighter when you have more people contributing to the bill.
- Scale down – for those of you who prefer not to share an account, you can always downgrade to the cheaper Netflix Basic plan.
- Compromise with ads – Netflix will launch its ads-supported tier, Basic with Ads, this November. You can expect lower prices but do note that the plan comes with some limitations. For instance, it’ll not offer the full Netflix catalog, and video quality is only up to 720p.
- Get gift cards – discounted Netflix gift cards are available online, and they’re usually slightly cheaper than their actual worth. While the savings aren’t going to bowl you over, they do add up over time.
- Switch streaming service – while this isn’t exactly a money-saving tip for Netflix, it’s an alternative worth considering. You can save a fair amount by switching to cheaper streaming services like Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
How to get Netflix cheaper subscription with a free VPN
While it’s possible to get a cheaper Netflix subscription with a free VPN, we’d advise against it. Free VPNs typically can’t bypass geo-restrictions, especially sophisticated ones like Netflix’s. And, on the rare occasion that they work, their weak security, slow speeds, and poor features will just hold you back.
A much better option is to use freemiums like ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN. Even better would be to take advantage of free trials and money-back guarantees. NordVPN, Surfshark, and PureVPN all have a 30 or 31-day window for a change of mind.
This is what they cost after the trial:
- NordVPN – unblock cheaper Netflix subscriptions easily and safely for just $2.99/month.
- Surfshark – stream Netflix cheaply on numerous devices for just $2.05/month.
- PureVPN – enjoy a cheap Netflix subscription all year long for only $1.49/month.
Netflix is the biggest streaming platform in the world, serving over 190 countries. However, there’s a huge disparity in its prices between different countries. And, for those in countries with expensive Netflix subscriptions like the US, its high pricing can be off-putting.
Fortunately, a VPN will easily solve this problem. With a reliable VPN, you can bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions and get access to cheaper subscription rates wherever you’re in the world. Besides cheaper Netflix rates, the VPN also keeps you safe online.
Do you have more questions on how to get Netflix for cheap? Drop us a line in the comments section, and we’ll answer them!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Can you get Netflix cheaper with a VPN?
Yes, you can get Netflix cheaper with a VPN. First, download a VPN with servers in countries that offer cheap Netflix rates, like Argentina or Turkey, and connect to a server within your chosen country. Next, create a new account on Netflix and pay with a regional Netflix gift card. Once done, you can enjoy Netflix for cheap!
Is Netflix better with a VPN?
Yes, Netflix is better with a VPN. By using a VPN like NordVPN, you can spoof your current location to get cheaper Netflix plans. Apart from that, you can also use the VPN to change your Netflix region to access other countries’ Netflix libraries.
Which VPN is best to get a cheaper Netflix subscription?
NordVPN is the best VPN to get a cheaper Netflix subscription. It effortlessly bypasses Netflix’s region restrictions so that you can access cheaper rates. Additionally, it also has great speeds for buffer-free streaming. Plus, it keeps you safe online with robust security features like military-grade encryption, automatic kill switch, and Threat Protection.
Why is there a price difference in Netflix subscriptions for different countries?
There’s a price difference in Netflix subscriptions for different countries because of several reasons. This includes content availability and demand, broadcasting and distribution rights, economic power, and taxes.
Can Netflix detect VPNs?
Yes, Netflix can detect VPNs if you’re using a subpar one. This is why we recommend high-quality VPNs, which have proved that they can successfully bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions.
Does Netflix offer free trials?
No, Netflix doesn’t offer free trials anymore. The company stopped offering free trials back in December 2019. There are other ways to save on Netflix subscription and one is by using a VPN. You can find the step-by-step guide here.