Hulu is a popular streaming service that’s huge in the United States - and for good reason. It has an excellent content library of smash-hit shows, big-name movies and original content from some of the biggest names in entertainment.
However, unlike Netflix and other big streaming sites, Hulu is only available in America and Japan.
So what happens if you try to access Hulu from anywhere else in the world, like the UK or Europe? You’ll be faced with the dreaded BYA-403-011 Hulu error code. This error code comes up if you try to access Hulu from overseas, or if you use an anonymous proxy tool.
So do you have to accept defeat and move on to another streaming service? Luckily, there is a simple solution to get around the BYA-403-011 Hulu error code.
All you need to do is find yourself a good VPN that will hide your IP address and make Hulu believe you’re in the USA. In this CyberNews guide, we’ll give you all the information you need to know about getting past the Hulu green screen error page.
How to fix Hulu is available in US only error with VPN
- Find a reliable VPN. We suggest NordVPN - save 72% NOW!
- Sign up and download the VPN onto your device.
- Follow the easy installation process, and find a US server.
- Head over to Hulu and set up an account.
- Get full access to all of Hulu’s content with no error message in sight!
Why do Hulu error messages come up?
Hulu content is only available to view in the US and Japan, due to licensing agreements with studios and content creators. As such, its content is geo-restricted, which means that if you attempt to log in from an overseas location, you will get an error code.
People may also try to access Hulu using a proxy site, software or even a third-party app to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictions. Proxy services essentially act as a middle man that will attempt to hide your true IP address before connecting to Hulu.
Since Hulu knows that people use proxy services to access its content, it puts measures in place to block them. This is why you get the “You appear to be using an anonymous proxy tool” error screen and find you are blocked from Hulu.
However, there is still a way to mask your IP and get into Hulu - use a VPN.
How does a VPN solve Hulu error message problems?
The easiest way of getting around Hulu’s geo-restriction, proxy blocks and error messages is by using a VPN that unblocks Hulu.
Hulu can see where you are attempting to access its content from by checking your IP and DNS. A VPN bypasses this as it always shows the IP and the DNS of its servers. So all you need to do is select a server in the US, and you will be able to access Hulu.
A good selection of servers is also a really important feature for a VPN. Hulu will look for VPN servers that people are using to access its content. So, the more servers your VPN operates, the better. We recommend choosing a VPN that has servers all over the US in a number of cities, as the odds of Hulu finding them all are pretty low.
You will also want your VPN to have robust encryption, which will give you another layer of protection against Hulu seeing your true location.
Here are some more features you’ll want a VPN to have:
- Speedy connections for smooth streaming
- A reputation for successfully accessing streaming services
- A lot of servers to choose from
- No restrictions on the number of devices you can connect with
- Support for multiple platforms, such as desktop, tablet, and mobile
Get yourself a VPN that does all those things, and the chances are, you’ll never see a Hulu error message ever again.
How to solve Hulu error code bya-403-011 on various devices
We all love to watch films and shows on a variety of devices. Whether you're relaxing at home or streaming a show on the go, mobiles, tablets, desktops and laptops are all ideal for catching up on favorite shows and movies.
But if you try to access Hulu from outside of the US without a VPN, you will find you get the same bya-403-011 error code, even if you use an anonymous proxy.
But don’t worry, with a good VPN you can access all sorts of geo-restricted content, including Hulu, from all your devices. Just follow our simple step-by-step guides and you will be watching a whole new selection of entertainment in no time.
How to solve Hulu error on a Windows device
If you are on a Windows desktop or laptop and you’re trying to access Hulu from outside of the US, or you keep getting proxy error codes, then there’s a simple way to solve this problem. Just follow these simple steps to enjoy big movies and award-winning shows on Hulu.
- Find a VPN for your computer. We recommend NordVPN for watching Hulu.
- Follow the simple set-up instructions and install the VPN on your computer.
- Once you’re set up, look for a US server and connect.
- Log in to Hulu, and you should find there’s no more error code.
- Find that show you’ve been waiting to watch and relax.
How to solve Hulu error on a Mac
A Hulu error message is annoying whatever device you’re watching on, so a VPN that works on multiple platforms is vital. Apple has a range of devices you might use for watching content, from its desktop computers to iPhones and iPads. NordVPN is really useful, as it has apps for iOS devices and Apple desktop OS. Here’s how to use it:
- Download NordVPN on your Mac or find it in the Apple App Store for your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign up to and install the VPN on your Apple device.
- Find a server somewhere in America and connect to it.
- Head to Hulu, log in with no problems - goodbye error code.
- Sit back and start streaming.
How to solve Hulu error on an Android device
From tablets to smartphones and even smart TVs, plenty of devices operate on Android. So choosing a VPN with an Android app is a really good way of watching Hulu on a number of different devices. Get connected in a few simple steps.
- Head to the Android app store on your chosen device.
- Find, and download, a compatible VPN.
- Sign up, log in, and select a US server.
- Open up Hulu without an error code in sight.
- Binge your new favorite series.
Using a VPN but still can’t access Hulu?
Using a VPN with the steps we have detailed should be able to get you past Hulu’s geo-restrictions and error codes for the majority of the time. However, there might be occasions when you run into problems. Here are some troubleshooting tips to solve any unexpected problems you might have.
- Clear your cache - sometimes Hulu can detect your location from cookies and browser data
- Switch to a new VPN server - Hulu may have blocked your current server, but a good VPN should have plenty to choose from
- Get a better VPN - if your VPN doesn’t have many servers, get one that does, like NordVPN, Surfshark or ExpressVPN
Why is Hulu so popular?
Hulu is one of the biggest streaming services in the US. It is actually a joint collaboration from three of America’s biggest TV channels - ABC, NBC and Fox.
Hulu offers a huge range of TV shows and movies, like The Handmaid’s Tale, which is a Hulu original and last year’s Best Picture Oscar award winner, Parasite. Hulu also streams live sports and news, and it gives you access to more than 50 channels, such as HBO Max, STARZ, and FX.
You can even access Hulu on a variety of different devices, from your TV to your smartphone to your desktop computer. So it’s no surprise that Hulu has millions of subscribers, and even more people who want to access its
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
Quick guide on how to fix Fortnite lag: say goodbye to annoying slowdowns during gaming sessions
Netflix Error Code m7111-1331-5059: fix one of the most annoying issues
How to Get Unbanned from Omegle: best tips to get back to chatting with strangers
How do I fix my Hulu proxy error?
If you’re trying to access Hulu but keep getting an error message, you will need to download a VPN, find a US server and connect, then you should be able to watch Hulu without any problems.
How do I bypass Hulu VPN block?
If your VPN isn't working, try connecting to a new server, as your current server could have been blocked. Can't find a new server that works on your VPN? Get a better VPN. We recommend NordVPN and Surfshark.
Why does Hulu say i'm using a proxy tool?
This could be because you’re using a proxy, you’re on a shared IP address that's been blocked, or you’re attempting to access Hulu with a third-party-app. The quick solution? Get a good VPN and you should be able to get into Hulu with no problems.