FuboTV is a popular US streaming service that offers a huge range of content, including sports, TV shows, and movies. But it’s only available in the US, Canada, and Spain. This is because FuboTV imposes location restrictions on its content to comply with licensing agreements.
But the good news is, there’s a really simple way to bypass FuboTV’s geo-blocks so you can watch it from anywhere in the world. All you need to do is use a strong VPN with plenty of servers in the US, and you’ll be able to watch FuboTV. And not only this, but a good VPN can unblock any streaming service. And it will protect your online identity by encrypting your data.
In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to watch Fubo TV with a VPN on your device from abroad.
Top 5 best VPNs for FuboTV
- NordVPN - best VPN for FuboTV overall
- Surfshark - streaming VPN that works with FuboTV
- Atlas VPN – user-friendly FuboTV VPN
- ExpressVPN – FuboTV VPN with fast speeds
- CyberGhost – geographically diverse VPN
How to watch FuboTV from anywhere with VPN ?
- Choose a VPN with plenty of US servers. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download and install the software, and complete the sign-up process.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Go to the FuboTV app or FuboTV’s website and sign up for a free trial.
- Visit FuboTV and start streaming.
Why do you need a VPN to watch FuboTV?
FuboTV is only available in the US, Spain, and Canada. This is because FuboTV places location restrictions on its content to comply with copyright laws and distribution rights. If you try to watch FuboTV from outside these countries, you won’t even be able to set up a Fubo account. And if you already have an existing account, you’ll be met with this error code as soon as you try to watch something: “We’re sorry. FuboTV content is currently not available in your location”.
Luckily, all you need to do is use a good VPN to connect to a server in the US. This will then make it appear as though your device has a US IP address, which will then allow you to bypass Fubo’s geo-blocks. In our next section, we’ll help you choose a VPN that can unblock FuboTV, as well as other international streaming services.
Best VPNs for FuboTV
Not all VPNs are able to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming services. We’ve found and tested best VPNs for streaming that can unblock Fubo TV and come with lots of great security features. Here are our favorites:
1. NordVPN - best VPN for FuboTV
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
NordVPN is our number one choice for watching FuboTV from outside the US. In fact, it can unblock geo-restrictions on all the streaming services we’ve tested it on. And it offers super-fast speeds for buffer-free streaming.
It has more than 5,800 servers in 60 countries, which gives you plenty of choices. And it comes with lots of impressive security features, including military-grade encryption, a customizable kill switch, and leak protection. It also operates a strict no-logs policy, so you can rest assured your data will remain hidden from prying eyes.
NordVPN’s plans start at just $3.19 a month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Surfshark - good streaming VPN that works with FuboTV
|🌎Based in:||The Netherlands|
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Surfshark is the cheapest and fastest option on our list. It can bypass location restrictions on FuboTV with ease, along with every other streaming service we’ve tested. And it uses WireGuard to deliver some of the fastest speeds we’ve experienced while using a VPN.
It has more than 3,200 servers in over 100 countries across the globe. And it offers sophisticated security features, including military-grade encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch.
It comes with unlimited simultaneous connections, so the whole family can use Surfshark at the same time. And it’s really good value, with prices starting at just $2.30 a month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Atlas VPN – beginner-friendly FuboTV VPN
|🌎Based in:||United States|
|🖥️Servers/countries:||1,000+ servers in 42 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||Atlas VPN coupon 85% discount OFF|
If you’re new to VPNs, but FuboTV is what you want to enjoy, Atlas VPN is a perfect choice. With servers in the US and intuitive applications, it helps you bypass geo-restrictions without a flaw.
Atlas VPN has 1,000 servers in 42 countries – not the most outstanding number but definitely enough to enjoy not overcrowded servers. And it offers everything you need to stay as secure as possible online while streaming Fubo TV. It has an IP rotator, data breach monitoring, and an ad blocker to remove ads from your virtual daily life.
Another excellent thing is that Atlas VPN allows unlimited simultaneous connections and fantastic pricing on the side. You can have it from $1.82/month.
4. ExpressVPN – FuboTV VPN for a lag-free experience
|🌎Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3,000+ servers in 94 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||ExpressVPN coupon 49% discount OFF|
ExpressVPN is a lightning-fast VPN for enjoying FuboTV anywhere in the world. It’s capable of bypassing geo-restrictions, providing you with robust security, and more.
With over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, you won’t have any issues unblocking FuboTV outside the US. And that’s not the only streaming site it helps you access – Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and more will be served for you. Apart from that, this VPN uses AES-256 encryption, has a functional kill switch, Smart DNS for a better streaming experience, and more.
ExpressVPN’s prices start at $6.67/month, but with our ExpressVPN coupons, you can get a better deal!
5. CyberGhost – VPN abundant with servers
|🖥️Servers/countries:||9,600+ servers in 91 countries|
|🔥Coupons:||CyberGhost coupon 83% discount OFF|
Over 9,600 servers in 91 countries ensure that CyberGhost is going to help you with bypassing FuboTV’s geo-blocks anywhere you go. And it also has specialized servers for streaming to optimize your experience even better.
Just like streaming is CyberGhost’s strength, security is also. That being said, your data is encrypted using industry-leading encryption, the IP address is always protected with the kill switch feature, and your online activity is never logged. To improve your safety even more, you can use an ad blocker, which removes adware, malware, and other malicious activity.
The starting price is what we like nearly the most – from $2.19/month! And there’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to test the service risk-free.
How to watch FuboTV on your device
Whether you’re using Apple, Android, a PC, or even a smart TV, you can use a VPN to change your location so you can watch FuboTV from wherever you are.
In this next section, we’ll talk you through how to use a VPN to connect to a server in the US, so you can access FuboTV on some of the most popular devices and operating systems. And if you want more information, we’ve included links to our guides that will help you choose a VPN that works perfectly with your device.
Watch FuboTV on a PC
It’s really easy to watch FuboTV on Windows 10 or a Mac from anywhere. You don’t even need to download the FuboTV app! Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be up and running in no time:
- Download and install a reliable VPN on your computer. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Go to the FuboTV website and either log in or sign up for an account.
- If you find you’re still blocked from watching FuboTV, try clearing your cookies and cache and logging back in.
- Search for your favorite content and enjoy streaming!
Watch FuboTV on your phone
Whether you have an iPhone or an Android smartphone, you’ll be able to use it to watch FuboTV. Here’s how to do it:
- Change your app store and phone locations to the US.
- Download and install a VPN app. We recommend NordVPN.
- Create a new Google account or Apple ID and select the US as your country.
- Open or install the FuboTV app on your device from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Start searching for the content you want to watch.
Watch FuboTV on a smart TV
Some smart TV brands, such as Apple, Samsung, and LG, don't support VPN apps. However, you can get around this easily by connecting your VPN to your Wi-Fi router instead. Here’s how:
- Download a VPN with plenty of US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin and connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the FuboTV app on your smart TV, and create an account.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy watching your favorite FuboTV content.
It’s worth noting that some smart TVs actually support VPNs. And several of our favorite VPNs even come with dedicated Android TV apps. So, depending on what TV you have, you might even be able to watch FuboTV without connecting your VPN to your router.
How to watch FuboTV on streaming devices
If you want to sit down with all the family to watch FuboTV, you’ll be pleased to know that you can access it on your streaming stick. For more information, check out our guides to the best VPNs for your device:
In this next section, we’ll break down exactly how to watch FuboTV from outside the US on the most popular streaming sticks.
Stream FuboTV on Roku
Roku doesn’t support VPN apps. But, all is not lost because you can still bypass FuboTV’s geo-blocks on your Roku stick by connecting your Wi-Fi router to your VPN. Here’s what you need to do to activate FuboTV VPN service on Roku:
- Sign up for a VPN with lots of US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the software and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Insert your Roku stick into your smart TV via the HDMI port.
- Switch on your TV and choose FuboTV on the Roku home screen.
- Grab a drink and enjoy watching your favorite shows or sports fixtures.
Stream FuboTV on Kodi
Like Roku, Kodi doesn’t support VPN apps. But don’t worry, because there’s a very simple solution to this. Just follow these steps to unblock all the content you want:
- Make sure you have OpenVPN installed.
- Download and install a VPN that works with FuboTV. We recommend NordVPN.
- Add your VPN to your Kodi device. The easiest way to do this is to download the VPN onto your computer, save the software onto a USB stick, and then insert it into your Kodi device.
- Go to Settings, then System Settings, and choose Add-ons on your Kodi device. Toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Download the VPN software onto your Kodi.
- Once this is done, connect to a server in the US.
- Turn on your TV and go to Kodi's home screen.
- Install the FuboTV add-on to your Kodi.
- Enjoy exploring everything FuboTV has to offer.
Alternatively, you can connect your VPN to your Wi-Fi router. This will then allow you to bypass geo-restrictions on your Kodi device.
Stream FuboTV on Firestick
If you have an Amazon Firestick, you can use it to stream all the content you want on FuboTV. Here’s what you need to do to get FuboTV on your Fire Stick outside the US, Canada, or Spain:
- Switch on Unknown sources on your Amazon Firestick.
- Download and install a VPN that can unblock FuboTV. We recommend NordVPN.
- Once this is up and running, connect to a server in the US.
- Install the FuboTV app on your Firestick.
- Log in or create an account and start searching for your favorite content.
Stream FuboTV on Chromecast
If Chromecast is your chosen streaming stick, you’ll be able to use it to watch FuboTV in just a few quick steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a VPN that’s compatible with your Wi-Fi router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN software, and connect it to your router.
- Connect to a US server.
- Download the FuboTV app on your phone or tablet.
- Hit the Cast icon on the top of the app.
- Select the name of your Chromecast, and enjoy watching Fubo TV on your biggest screen.
Stream FuboTV on Apple TV
Like a lot of streaming devices, Apple TV doesn’t support VPN apps. But you can still use one to bypass geo-restrictions and watch FuboTV. Here’s how:
- Select a VPN provider that supports Smart DNS. We recommend NordVPN.
- Find out your Smart DNS addresses, and then open up the Settings menu on your Apple TV, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Wi-Fi button, and choose your network. Then hit Configure DNS, and select Manual Configuration.
- Type in your DNS address and restart your Apple TV.
- Connect to a US server.
- Download and install the FuboTV app on your Apple TV.
- Grab a snack and start binge-watching.
And if this doesn’t work, you can connect your Apple TV to your VPN via your Wi-Fi router.
How to watch FuboTV from any country
If you use a VPN, you can access FuboTV, no matter where you are in the world. Just follow these four simple steps:
- Download and install a VPN on your device. We recommend NordVPN.
- Open the VPN app and complete the registration process.
- Connect to a server in the US from the list provided.
- Open or install the FuboTV app, or go to fubo.tv to watch all your favorite content.
It’s worth noting that this process may differ slightly depending on which device you have. Please refer to the section above for more specific advice.
Still can’t access FuboTV with a VPN?
If you’re using a VPN, but you still can’t bypass FuboTV’s geo-restrictions, it’s probably due to one of the following reasons:
- Your VPN isn’t able to unblock FuboTV.
- FuboTV has blacklisted your provider’s servers.
- FuboTV has improved its geo-blocks, so your VPN isn’t able to bypass them anymore.
- Your true IP address is leaking.
Luckily, we have some quick, simple fixes you can try:
- Check your server is definitely based in the US.
- Connect to a different server in the US.
- Contact your VPN’s customer support team for advice.
If these don’t work, we recommend upgrading to a better VPN, such as NordVPN.
How to watch FuboTV for free
FuboTV currently comes with a seven-day free trial. So you can watch a week’s worth of content without paying a penny. After that, subscriptions start at $64.99 a month.
And if you’re outside the US, you’ll also need a VPN to access the content. And while free VPNs do exist, we definitely wouldn’t recommend using one. Free VPNs aren’t good at bypassing geo-restrictions on streaming services, like FuboTV.
And even if you did manage to use one to access FuboTV, free VPNs are usually a lot slower, so it wouldn’t be a good choice for binge-watching content. But even more importantly, free VPNs aren’t very secure. In fact, they usually track user data and sell it to third parties.
To find out more, check out our list of the cheapest VPNs.
Top streaming services to watch FuboTV online
FuboTV’s complete collection of channels isn’t included on any other streaming service. However, you can find some FuboTV content on other platforms. So, depending on the content you want to watch, it might work out cheaper for you to subscribe to a different streaming service that has the FuboTV channels you want to watch.
For example, you could sign up for Sling TV from $35 a month. This would give you access to a wide range of content that’s also on FuboTV, including:
- BBC America
- Comedy Central
- Fox Sports 1
- NFL Network
Alternatively, Hulu + Live TV costs $64.99 a month, which is the same price as FuboTV. It comes with access to a range of FuboTV content, including:
- ESPN 2
It’s worth noting that Hulu+ Live TV also comes with extra ESPN channels, as well as CNN, ABC, and the Cartoon Network.
What’s on FuboTV
Fubo TV has a vast range of content, including live sporting events, movies, and TV shows. Here’s a list of some of its most popular content:
|AMC||The Walking Dead|
|BBC America||Killing Eve|
|beIn Sports||La Liga|
|BET||The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air|
|Big Ten Network||Big Ten Conference|
|Bravo||The Real Housewives|
|Comedy Central||The Daily Show|
|Eleven Sports||Major League Soccer|
|ESPN||Premier League Soccer|
|FYI||Tiny House Nation|
|MTV||Jersey Shore Family Vacation|
|NBCSN+||Superbike World Championship|
|NFL Network||NFL Total Access|
|Nick Jr.||Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends|
|Nickelodeon||Lego City Adventures|
|Paramount Network||Star Trek: Discovery & Star Trek: Picard|
|TV Land||She’s Got the Look|
How to get FuboTV subscription outside the US
Since FuboTV is only available in the US, Canada, and Spain, you might have issues buying Fubo subscription if you’re staying outside these regions and using your local payment address. Not to mention the IP address that also gives away your actual location.
And yet, there’s rather nothing that doesn’t have a workaround in this digital world – you can easily get a FuboTV subscription outside the US. Here’s how:
- Select a robust VPN with servers in the US. NordVPN has nearly 2000 of them.
- Download and install the application.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Navigate to the FuboTV website or application.
- Pay for the subscription using a virtual credit card, PayPal (with the US address), or a gift card from the app store.
- Enjoy FuboTV wherever you are!
FuboTV pricing and payment
When it comes to getting FuboTV subscription, you can choose from three different subscription plans. Here's their pricing and highlights:
|FuboTV Pro||150+ live channels, up to 10 simultaneous streams, 1,000 hrs cloud DVR storage||$74.99/month|
|FuboTV Elite||210+ live channels, up to 10 simultaneous streams, 1,000 hrs cloud DVR storage||$84.99/month|
|FuboTV Premium||220+ live channels, up to 10 simultaneous streams, 1,000 hrs cloud DVR storage||$94.99/month|
If you want to watch FuboTV from outside the US, all you need to do is sign up for a VPN. You can then use it to connect to a server in the United States, so that you can bypass Fubo’s region restrictions. This will also work on pretty much any other streaming platform, so you’ll never run out of things to watch.
But aside from this, getting a VPN is really important for protecting your online privacy. It works by encrypting your data so that it’s completely safe from online hackers, government agencies, and other third parties. A VPN can even stop your ISP from throttling your download speeds.
Has this guide answered everything you wanted to know about using a VPN to watch FuboTV? Let us know in the comments section below!
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews
Does FuboTV work with a VPN?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock FuboTV’s geo-restrictions, which means you can access its content from wherever you are in the world. Just pick a trusted provider that has lots of servers in the US, and you’ll be able to watch FuboTV from anywhere. NordVPN is our top pick for FuboTV, it offers robust security and blazing-fast connection speeds for lag-free streaming experience.
Can FuboTV block VPNs?
Yes, FuboTV actively blocks any IP addresses that are linked to VPNs. It can also block proxy servers and even some ad blockers. If you’re having problems bypassing FuboTV’s geo-restrictions with your VPN, try connecting to a different server in the US.
Does FuboTV work internationally?
FuboTV is only available in the US, Canada, and Spain. However, if you’re abroad, you can still access FuboTV by using a VPN to connect to a US server. To find out more, check out our handy step-by-step guide earlier in the article.
How much does FuboTV cost?
Prices for FuboTV start at $64.99 a month for the starter package, which gives you access to 111 channels. Or you can pay $79.99 a month for the Elite plan, which has 158 channels. You can add even more channels at an additional cost.
Why is NordVPN not working with Fubo?
There might be several reasons why NordVPN has stopped working with Fubo. The streaming service might have detected a VPN-given IP and blocked it, the used tunneling protocol might be outdated, and you need to change it to NordLynx the VPN provider is going through technical issues. Anyhow, contacting NordVPN’s customer support or simply reconnecting to the VPN will help.