UEFA’s 2022/23 premier soccer competition is back, with 32 club teams battling to be crowned the champions of Europe. Since the UEFA Champions League schedule is already released, there are no excuses to miss a single game.
|Dates:||June 21, 2022 – June 10, 2023|
|Final:||June 10, 2023|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
|FREE live stream:||9Now (AU), YouTube(UK)|
|Stream in the US:||FuboTV, Paramount+|
Unfortunately, geo-restrictions might prevent you from streaming the games live. This is a problem if you’re trying to watch games from a country that doesn’t provide Champions League coverage.
Luckily, there is a way around this problem. By using a VPN, you can bypass geo-restrictions and watch 90 minutes of soccer – regardless of your location.
We’ll explain exactly how to watch the UEFA Champions League online in this article.
Watch the Champions League final from anywhere with a VPN
- Choose a VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download and install your VPN.
- Connect to a server in a country that has broadcasting rights to the Champions League.
- Connect to a streaming service that you are subscribed to.
- Pick the Champions League final stream and enjoy!
Why do you need a VPN to watch the Champions League?
Broadcasters are required to block viewers from streaming content outside of their home region. For this reason, most Champions League games are geo-blocked and can only be viewed in the broadcaster’s location. This means you will not be able to watch the Champions League if you’re not located in the same country.
With a high quality VPN, you can hide your location. This means you’ll be able to watch the games wherever you are. A VPN works by masking your IP address and routing your traffic through a secure server in a country of your choice. The VPN then assigns a new IP address from that country to you – so that it looks like you’re watching from there.
It’s important that you choose a high-quality VPN. This is because many streaming services use anti-VPN technology, which can detect and block low-quality VPNS. Premium VPNs avoid detection by updating its servers’ IPs regularly.
When streaming sports, you’ll want a VPN that has consistent and fast connection speeds. You don’t want to miss a winning goal because your connection lagged! We tested NordVPN while streaming and found it to be most effective!
Best VPNs to watch the UEFA Champions League online
- NordVPN – the best VPN for watching the UEFA Champions League overall
- Surfshark – budget-friendly high-quality VPN
- IPVanish – a great VPN for watching the UEFA Champions League
We've compiled a list of the best VPNs for watching the UEFA Champions League so that you don't miss out on anything. All of them are capable of unblocking various streaming services and providing you with safe connections.
Streaming services showing the Champions League online
|Streaming service||Price per month|
|CBS All Access||$9.99|
How to watch UEFA Champions League from your country
In the next section, we’ll take you through the process of watching the UEFA Champions League from a variety of locations.
Watch the Champions League online in Canada
If you’re based in Canada, the Live Champions League matches are being broadcast by the sports subscription service DAZN. The channel is streaming every game of the competition, including the final at the end of May.
DAZN packages cost $20 per month, and there is the option of a 1-month free trial if you’ve never used it before. Time it right and you could watch a selection of soccer games online.
Watch the Champions League online in the USA
The Champions League is being shown on CBS in the USA. This is available through basic cable packages and the network’s Paramount Plus streaming service (which has a 1-week free trial).
Another option in the USA is FuboTV, which also provides a 1-week free trial and carries CBS. Prices for a subscription start at $64.99 a month. To sign up, you simply need a credit card, email address, and US zip code.
If you’re outside of America, you can use a decent VPN to connect to a US VPN server, and stream online. We used NordVPN to connect to a US server and stream a game through FuboTV – it worked great!
Watch the Champions League online in Australia
Watching the game in Australia? Optus Sport is showing all of the Champions League matches this season. Optus coverage can be streamed via your mobile or tablet with the channel app, or accessed on Fetch TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast.
If you’re outside Australia and want to watch Optus sport, you can use a VPN to connect to an Australian server and stream the games online.
Watch the Champions League online in the UK
The UK subscription channel BT Sport has exclusive rights to the Champions League this year. It will be showing every match of the competition either on TV or online.
BT Sport is available to BT customers and can be added on by Sky, TalkTalk, and Virgin Media subscribers too. If you don’t want to be locked into a contract, you can take advantage of the new Monthly Pass option provided by BT Sport.
How to watch the Champions League without a cable
Fortunately, it’s totally possible to watch the Champions League without cable. All you need is a reliable VPN for streaming, a suitable device, and a good internet connection.
Then choose one a streaming platform that shows the Champions league, for example FuboTV which provides a 1-week free-trial, and enjoy the action.
In the next section, we’ll show you how to watch the games on a variety of devices.
How to stream the Champions League on your device
This section will take you step by step through the process of streaming the Champions League on your device. These guides will show you the way:
- Stream Champions League on your phone
- Stream Champions League on your Roku
- Stream Champions League on your Kodi
- Stream Champions League on your Firestick
Stream the Champions League on phone (Android, Apple)
If you want to watch the Champions League on your Android device, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Download a VPN and install on your router. Alternatively, you can install it on a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot. We recommend NordVPN.
- Change your IP address to suit the streaming service you have chosen.
- Connect your Android device to your wifi network or the mobile hotspot.
- Go to your Google Play app.
- Install the app for the streaming service of your choice.
- Open the app, search for the Champions League and enjoy!
Watching the Champions League online on an iPhone is pretty similar to watching on an Android. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Download and install a VPN, such as NordVPN, on your router or laptop.
- Choose an IP address that fits your streaming service.
- Connect your iPhone to your router or mobile hotspot.
- Head over the App Store.
- Download and install the app for your streaming service.
- Sign in and start watching!
Stream the Champions League on Roku
If you live outside of the USA, you’ll need a VPN to watch the Champions League on Roku. Simply follow these steps:
- Download and install a VPN, such as NordVPN, on your router or laptop. Make sure the VPN you choose supports the Roku media player.
- Connect your VPN to a US server.
- Start your Roku device and select the Champions League.
- Watch a game and enjoy!
Stream the Champions League on Kodi
To watch the Champions League on Kodi, you need to follow these steps:
- Register for a reliable VPN with US servers (we recommend NordVPN)
- Download and install the software
- Connect to a server of your choice
- Sign up to Sling TV or PlayStation Vue
- Download and install the latest version of Kodi
- Load Kodi and go to Addons > Install from repository > Video addons
- Find and install the Kodi addons for Sling TV and/or Playstation Vue
- Load the addon of your choice and enter your login details
- Load your streaming service of choice, find the Champions League and enjoy!
Stream the Champions League on Firestick
To watch the Champions League online with your Firestick, you need to follow this process:
- Download a VPN to your Firestick. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to the server of your choice.
- Look for a streaming platform that is live streaming the Champions League and start watching!
Where to watch the Champions League for free
If you reside in Canada, you can watch the Champions League for free. The popular streaming service DAZN is live streaming every game this season – from the group stages, to the knockouts, and the final. You can get a free 1-month trial for DAZN.
For anyone based in the US, Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access) has the rights to live stream every Champions League game. This streaming service also offers a 7-day free trial. If you’re living outside of the USA, you can still enjoy this service by using a VPN and connecting to a US server.
While we don’t believe that free VPNs are the best choice for streaming (due to bandwidth limitations), you should know that all of our recommended VPNs, including NordVPN, Surfshark and IPVanish, offer 30-day money-back guarantees that will allow you to enjoy unlimited streaming completely free for up to a month.
UEFA Champions League schedule
Do not miss the most important UEFA Champions League 2022/23 dates:
|Group stage draw|
|Round of 16|
Champions League overview
The 2022/23 UEFA Champions League this year is the 68th season of Europe’s premier football tournament. The finals will take place at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey on June 10, 2023.
Last year, Real Madrid became champions with their record-extending 14th title. But with the tournament being so unpredictable, there's no telling who is going all the way to the top this season – we can't wait to find out!
The crowd limitations due to the COVID-19 pandemic robbed us from rocking full stadiums in the last couple of seasons, but this year, the restrictions are lifted and the fans are back in full force. See the best footballers, and the most electric atmospheres – use a reliable VPN to watch football wherever you are in the world!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How can I watch the Champions League online?
You can watch the Champions League online by finding a streaming service that is showing the matches, and using a VPN if necessary.
How can I watch the Champions League on mobile?
Download and install VPN, connect to a relevant server, and then find a streaming service that is showing the games. You may need to download an app through your device app store.
How do I stream football games online?
Find a streaming service that is showing the football game you wish to watch. If necessary, download and install a VPN so that you can change your server location and overcome geo-blocks.
Will the Champions League final be on YouTube TV?
Yes. BT Sport will broadcast the Champions League on YouTube TV.