How to watch US Open Tennis online in 2023
The 143rd edition of the US Open kicked off on August 28 and will last until September 10, 2023. The tournament is one of the four Grand Slam tournaments in tennis, and it is sure to be a major event this year.
ESPN has the broadcast rights for the 2023 US Open, which means that subscribers can stream the matches through the ESPN site. It will also be available to watch on platforms like YouTube TV and Hulu. However, all of these streaming services have geo-blocking in place, so if you’re outside of the US, you will not be able to watch the matches online.
Luckily, there is a workaround for this issue. By using a VPN, you can watch matches online from anywhere in the world. In this article, we will show you how to do it.
Watch US Open Tennis online with a VPN
- Find and download a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Install the VPN and connect to a US server
- Visit a streaming service showing the US Open
- Tune in to a match and enjoy!
Why do you need a VPN to watch the US Open online?
Channels and broadcasters tend to use exclusive licensing agreements to secure the rights to large events like the US Open. These agreements often result in content that is only available in specific countries. As such, you may struggle to watch the matches anywhere outside of the US.
If you try to watch the US Open online without a reliable VPN, you’ll likely be faced with an error message. This is evidence that the channel or content is restricted and, therefore, won’t be available in your country.
|Dates:||August 28 – September 10, 2023|
|Qualifying:||22-25 August, 2023|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 68% OFF|
|Stream in the US:||ESPN, Hulu|
With a VPN, you can change your device location and make it seem like you’re located elsewhere. A VPN will let you connect to a server in the US and then sign up to a US-based streaming platform (like ESPN or Youtube TV) that is showing the US Open. Even US residents may struggle to access their ESPN subscription if they are outside of the country and might need to use a VPN.
Fortunately, there are lots of VPN options on the market to choose from. They come in many forms and range in capabilities. To help you find the best service for your needs, we’ll provide an overview of our top VPN providers for streaming the US Open below.
Best VPNs to watch US Open Tennis online
We’ve put countless VPNs to the test here at Cybernews. When it comes to streaming the US Open online, these are our top VPN providers:
1. NordVPN – best VPN to watch US Open Tennis online
|🖥Servers:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
NordVPN is the best pick to stream US Open Tennis in 2023. It has a wide server fleet with over 5,800 servers in 60 countries. Many of these servers are located in the US, so you won’t have any buffering problems or overcrowded servers.
NordVPN also has impeccable security and privacy. It implements AES-256 encryption, operates under RAM-only servers, and follows an independently audited no-logs policy.
The provider is also one of the fastest on the market (thanks to its WireGuard-based NordLynx protocol, and users can log in to 6 devices simultaneously. NordVPN is also able to bypass geo-restrictions and access multiple streaming platforms, including those needed to watch US Open Tennis.
NordVPN subscription starts at $3.19/month and has a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial, so you can test out the service without committing.
For more NordVPN features, see our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – budget-friendly VPN for US Open Tennis
|🌎Based in:||The Netherlands|
|🖥Servers:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
A really affordable VPN alternative to streaming US Open Tennis is Surfshark. It has fantastic security features, such as protection against DNS leaks, 256-bit AES encryption, and a kill switch. It also has no connection limits and consistently fast speeds in testing.
Surfshark performed really well during our speed testing – it managed to retain around 86% of its original connections speeds. This is an exceptional result for streaming. Also, Surfshark can unblock streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more. This makes it a failsafe option for bypassing geo-blocks put in place by networks that are airing the US Open Tennis tournament.
Alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee, Surfshark also offers a 7-day free trial. The prices for premium plans start at $2.30/month.
For more information, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. IPVanish – reliable VPN for streaming US Open Tennis
|🌎Based in:||United States|
|🖥Servers:||2,200+ servers in 52 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 75% OFF|
If you're looking for a provider that easily and consistently unblocks US Open Tennis live streams, IPVanish is just the right option. It offers 2,200+ servers in 52 countries, which will allow you to access all the tennis tournaments from wherever you are.
The provider is also recommended when it comes to security. It uses the 256-bit AES encryption, comes with a standard kill switch, and claims to not log or sell your personal information. Apart from unblocking US Open Tennis streams, it can also bypass restrictions put in place by such streaming platforms as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube.
IPVanish premium plans start at $2.99/month, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more information, visit our in-depth IPVanish review.
Top streaming services to watch US Open Tennis online
The US Open is broadcast on ESPN. This means you need to choose a streaming service that includes ESPN access in its offering. Below we’ve listed some streaming services that will let you watch the US Open Tennis online.
|Streaming service||Price per month|
|Sling TV (US)||$40|
|Hulu + Live TV (US)||$69.99|
|YouTube TV (US)||$72.99|
|Amazon Prime (US, UK, Canada)||$14.99|
|Sky Sports (UK)||£34.99|
If the above services are unavailable in your country, you’ll need to use a VPN to bypass geo-blocks and change your IP address.
How to watch US Open Tennis on your device
The process of watching the US Open Tennis online with a VPN will depend on the device you’re using. To help you out, we’ve put together some short tutorials on how to stream matches on your PC, phone, and smart TV:
- Watch US Open Tennis on your PC
- Watch US Open Tennis on your phone
- Watch US Open Tennis on your smart TV
Watch US Open Tennis on your PC
If a PC is your device of choice for watching the US Open, check out the simple process below:
- Download a reliable VPN onto your PC with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Once installed, connect to a US server
- Open your browser and head to the website of your chosen streaming service
- Login or create an account with a US zip code
- Find a match and enjoy!
Top tip: if you have any problems with loading the US Open Tennis on your computer, try clearing your browser history, cache, and cookies.
Watch US Open Tennis on your phone
Looking to watch the US Open on your iPhone or Android? Check out our step-by-step guide:
- Download a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Install the VPN on your router or on a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot
- Connect to a US server
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network or mobile hotspot
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the App Store and download the mobile app for the streaming service of choice
- Sign in to the app to tune in to a match!
Top tip: for this to work, the location of your App Store and Google Play Store needs to match the country where your VPN is connected. Check this out within your phone settings!
Watch US Open Tennis on your smart TV
If you fancy catching a game on the big screen, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide for watching the US Open Tennis on your smart TV:
- Download a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Install the VPN and then connect to a server in the US
- Download the app for your chosen streaming service directly on your Smart TV
- Login if you have an existing subscription, or sign up with a US zip code
- Pick a match and enjoy
Top tip: it’s possible to download a VPN app directly onto some Smart TVs. Give this a go before trying out the process above. NordVPN will work on any Smart TV that supports Android apps.
How to stream US Open Tennis on streaming devices
You can enjoy tennis on a variety of streaming devices, but the process differs a little depending on the one you choose. In this section, we’ll show you how to stream the matches on Roku, Kodi, Apple TV, and Fire Stick:
- Watch US Open Tennis on Roku
- Watch US Open Tennis on Kodi
- Watch US Open Tennis on Apple TV
- Watch US Open Tennis on Fire Stick
Stream US Open Tennis on Roku
Streaming the US Open on Roku is easy. Follow the steps below:
- Download a VPN with lots of US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Subscribe to a streaming service that shows ESPN
- On your Roku menu, head over to Search and hit OK
- Search for your streaming service of choice
- Click OK, then select Add Channel and press OK on your remote
- The app is now installed on Roku. Open the app and tune in to the tennis!
Stream US Open Tennis on Kodi
If you’d like to stream the US Open on Kodi, check out this step-by-step guide:
- Download a reliable VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Connect to a US server
- Install your chosen streaming service app on your device
- Create an account or sign in
- Browse the tournament schedule and enjoy the action!
Stream US Open Tennis on Apple TV
If an Apple TV is your chosen streaming device, simply follow the instructions we’ve compiled here:
- Download and install a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Connect to a US server and then head to the App Store and search for the app of your chosen streaming service
- Download the app on your device
- Create an account or sign in to your existing account
- Find a match and settle in for the action!
Stream US Open Tennis on Fire Stick
The process for streaming the US Open on your Fire Stick is super similar to that on an Apple TV. Check it out below:
- Turn on unknown sources on your Fire Stick
- Install a reliable VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Connect to a US server, then find the app for your chosen streaming service
- Install the app on your Fire Stick
- Log in and search for the US Open Tennis action!
How to watch US Open Tennis from anywhere
Geo-blocking and restrictions will be a thing of the past once you’ve installed a reliable VPN. Wherever you reside in the world, you can enjoy US Open Tennis from the comfort of your home. We’ll show you how now in the following section.
- Download a VPN with US servers on your computer or router. We recommend NordVPN
- Load the app for your VPN on your device
- Connect to a US server, then head to the website for your chosen streaming service or download the relevant app for your device
- Search for the US Open content and enjoy!
(For device-specific instructions, simply check out the detailed processes mentioned earlier in the article!)
How to watch US Open free online
There are a few ways that you can stream the US Open for free online. For example, some streaming services offer free trial options. To access these services, you will often need to use a VPN to bypass any geo-restrictions that have been put in place. Fortunately, some VPN providers offer a free trial, whilst others offer freemiums (free versions of the product).
More often than not, free VPN options come with data caps and are funded by tracked ads and even the sale of your data. They also often lack the sophistication to unblock all major streaming platforms.
You should also keep in mind that the providers we recommended in this guide, all come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test them out first:
- NordVPN. A market-leading VPN that offers next-level encryption and a massive server fleet. Only $3.19/month after the free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark. Very affordable provider that can easily bypass geo-restrictions and allow you to watch US Open Tennis from anywhere. After the free 7-day trial or a 30-day money-back, it will cost only $2.30/month.
Information about US Open Tennis 2023
The US Open is a hard-court tennis competition that began back in 1881 and was first played in Rhode Island. It now takes place on outdoor hard courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York, USA.
This year, the US Open starts on the 28th of August and ends with the men’s final on the 10h of September. The tournament will see international stars take to the courts in an exciting and much-anticipated two-week event.
Famous faces you follow closely this year:
- Aryna Sabalenka
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Alexander Zverev
- Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Coco Gauff
With a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, and a stable internet connection, there’s absolutely no reason why you should miss out on any of the US Open Tennis action. No matter where you are in the world, a VPN will enable you to change your IP address and bypass any geo-restrictions put in place by streaming services.
We hope the information in this article has proven useful and made it possible for you to enjoy the US Open Tennis from the comfort of your own home.
Best VPN deals this week:
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Is the US Open on Amazon Prime?
Yes, the US Open is on Amazon Prime in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Prime members in those countries can watch every live televised court made available to the service, with full replays available up to 15 minutes after the match has ended. However, if you’re outside of the UK or Ireland, you will need to use a VPN to access the stream.
Is the US Open on TV in the UK?
The US Open is not on TV in the UK, but you can catch it on Amazon Prime. You can also watch it on other streaming services, such as ESPN and Eurosport, by using a VPN. We recommend NordVPN for this.
How can I watch the US Open live online?
ESPN has the rights to the US Open broadcast this year. Find a streaming service that shows ESPN and use a reliable VPN like NordVPN to connect to the correct server if needed. Such streaming platforms include Sling Orange, DirecTV Stream, Hulu, and Fubo.
Can I watch the US Open tennis on Eurosport?
Yes, you can watch the US Open tennis on Eurosport. Eurosport has the rights to broadcast the US Open in many countries around the world. You can watch the tournament live on Eurosport's website or on their TV channels.