Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video offers different content libraries depending on where you’re connecting from. So, just because you’ve heard of a movie available on Prime Video that you wish to see, it doesn’t mean that it will be available to you due to the geographical blocks.
With a VPN you can bypass any geo-restrictions and watch your favorite movies or TV shows securely. Prime Video VPN allows you to watch content from other countries' catalogs, and access your local library while traveling.
However, Amazon Prime Video is always on the lookout for VPN traffic, so only the best VPNs can consistently connect. Of all the VPNs we tested, NordVPN is the best for unlocking Amazon Prime. It has streaming features, such as Smart DNS, a huge server fleet, and ensures unmatched speeds.
But that’s not the only VPN that’s up to the job. Read on to find all of the best VPNs for watching Amazon Prime Video.
Top 5 best Amazon Prime Video VPNs
- NordVPN – best VPN for Amazon Prime Video in 2023
- Surfshark – affordable VPN for Amazon Prime
- PureVPN – intuitive VPN for Amazon Prime Video
- Atlas VPN – VPN with a free version included
- IPVanish – feature-rich VPN for Amazon Prime
How to choose the best Amazon Prime VPN
When choosing a VPN for Amazon Prime, you need to make sure it’s first capable of unlocking the streaming service. Aside from that, you should also pay attention to the following criteria:
- Huge server network. Because Amazon Prime has different content catalogs in different countries, you want to make sure there are plenty of servers in a big number of countries to access the full variety of available content.
- Traffic obfuscation feature. Amazon Prime Video is exceptionally good at detecting VPN usage. For this reason, having traffic obfuscation, which is a feature that hides the fact you’re using a VPN, is a huge plus.
- Excellent speeds. While a VPN helps you unlock content libraries, it shouldn’t visibly compromise your speeds. Make sure the VPN offers fast tunneling protocols, such as WireGuard.
- No data caps. Such online activities as streaming use up a lot of data and fast. For this reason, you need to invest in VPNs that have no data caps.
- Free trials or money-back guarantees. Because this streaming service can detect VPNs quite well, to minimize the risk of money loss make sure to select the providers with either free trials or money-back guarantees.
Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video – our detailed list:
To get to this detailed list of VPNs, we tested dozens of services to see which ones unblock Amazon Prime. We also looked at their compatibility, streaming features, such as Smart DNS, and speeds. Without further ado, here are the best VPNs for watching Amazon Prime Video wherever you are:
1. NordVPN – best VPN for Amazon Prime overall
|Servers/countries:||5,800+ servers in 60 countries|
|Services unblocked:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
NordVPN is the best VPN for Amazon Prime not only because of its ability to unblock Amazon Prime Video but also because of its all-rounded features and speeds.
Servers. With 5,800+ servers in 60 countries, you’ll be able to access any content library. We’ve tested NordVPN’s abilities with several different US cities servers and all were really successful in accessing Prime Video.
Speed. With the impressive NordLynx tunneling protocol keeping your connections fast, you can always count on a buffer-free experience while streaming Amazon Prime Video shows and movies.
Features. SmartPlay unblocks content on game consoles, smart TVs, or other devices that don't support VPNs. There’s also an obfuscation feature to hide your VPN traffic, and this VPN unblocks plenty of other streaming platforms, like Netflix, HBO Max, and more.
Compatibility. With apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire TV, you can download NordVPN to practically any of your devices. You can even install NordVPN on a router to connect all your devices at once. It’s very easy to use even for beginners.
Support. NordVPN offers plenty of different support options. The best ones are the 24/7 live chat so you can reach out with any issues you encounter with accessing Amazon Prime Video.
NordVPN prices start from just $3.19/month and let you connect up to 6 devices. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind.
To find out more about this provider, read our NordVPN review
2. Surfshark – affordable VPN for Amazon Prime
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Services unblocked:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 85% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥 |
Surfshark is another top VPN for Amazon Prime because of its great prices, compatibility, and streaming capabilities.
Servers. With around 3,200 servers in 100 different countries, Surfshark is able to unblock plenty of different Amazon Prime Video libraries. During our tests, it took virtually no time for Surfshark to access Amazon Prime – as soon as we connected to a server, we were in.
Speed. This VPN uses WireGuard – one of the most efficient and fastest tunneling protocols around, allowing you to enjoy smooth and uninterrupted streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
Features. The Smart DNS feature will let you unblock Amazon Prime Video on your PlayStation, Xbox, or smart TV without a VPN app. The traffic obfuscation feature makes it harder for the streaming service to detect VPN use. And this VPN also unblocks Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and other streaming platforms.
Compatibility. Surfshark has excellent apps for Windows, iOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire Stick. It’s very easy to install and use even for newbies. You can also install the VPN on a router so all of your devices would be secured.
Support. The quickest way to reach Surfshark support is via 24/7 live chat, however, you can also use email, knowledge base, and FAQs to find all the needed information.
Surfshark costs just $2.30/month, which is a bargain considering you can connect unlimited devices. If for some reason, you decide Surfshark isn’t for you, you have 30 days to claim a no-fuss refund.
3. PureVPN – intuitive VPN for Amazon Prime
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||6,500+ servers in 78 countries|
|Services unblocked:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|Current deal:||🔥Get PureVPN, now 83% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
PureVPN is another good VPN option for unblocking Amazon Prime Video. That is because it offers solid performance and plenty of server regions.
Servers. With over 6,500 servers located in 78 countries, you can unblock streaming sites in plenty of regions. When testing PureVPN with Amazon Prime, it didn’t take long to bypass geo-restrictions to access different libraries.
Speed. PureVPN speeds don’t disappoint either. Thanks to the WireGuard protocol, you’re guaranteed stable connections and solid speeds. This is especially useful for streaming because there’s going to be no more sitting behind a lagging screen.
Features. You can enable the traffic obfuscation feature so that Amazon Prime really doesn’t catch you using a VPN. As well as consistently unblocking Amazon Prime Video, it also works well with many other sites, like HBO Max, Disney Plus, and others.
Compatibility. You can get PureVPN no matter if you’re a Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, or Linux user. The apps are intuitive and very easy to use. Not to mention that you can use the same account on 10 devices simultaneously.
Support. PureVPN has 24/7 live chat available to help you with any issues concerning accessing Amazon Prime Video with a VPN. Otherwise, there’s also an email box, guides, and FAQs available.
PureVPN's cheapest subscription is $2.08/month. You also can try it out with a 31-day money-back guarantee.
To find out more about this provider, read our PureVPN review.
4. Atlas VPN – VPN with a free version included
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers/countries:||1,000+ servers in 42 countries|
|Services unblocked:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|Current deal:||🔥Get Atlas VPN, now 85% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥|
Altas VPN is a great Amazon Prime VPN, especially when you want to test a service out using the free version. While you won’t be able to access Amazon Prime Video using the free plan, the premium will let you do it without issues.
Servers. Atlas VPN offers over 1,000 servers in 42 countries, letting you find the most optimal performance and unlock various libraries. During our testing time, Atlas VPN took barely any time trying to bypass restrictions during our tests.
Speed. In terms of speeds, Atlas VPN has you covered. Its WireGuard protocol guarantees solid speeds and performance. You won’t have to spare your nerves because of buffering screens while watching your favorite movies.
Features. You can pick from streaming-optimized servers for better speeds and quality of viewing experience. More so, this is also a great VPN to unblock other streaming sites, including Netflix, Disney Plus, HBO Max, Hulu, and more.
Compatibility. There are apps for all the major devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The mobile applications are especially well-made and easy to use.
Support. You can pick from a variety of support options, like 24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base, or FAQs. The live chat option is especially optimal for getting quick help if you encounter any Prime Video connection issues.
AtlasVPN is one of the cheapest VPN services. You can pay as little as $1.82/month, and use the money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the service.
To find out more about this provider, read our Atlas VPN review.
5. IPVanish – feature-loaded VPN for Amazon Prime
|Based in:||United States|
|Servers/countries:||2,200+ servers in 52 countries|
|Services unblocked:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 75% OFF IPVanish!🔥|
Being a feature-rich and user-friendly service, IPVanish is a great VPN pick for navigating through Amazon Prime Video libraries.
Servers. With this VPN service, you get over 2,200 servers in 52 countries – so whichever library you want to access, you’ll never run out of content to watch. While on the second try, it wasn’t difficult for IPVanish to bypass geo-restrictions at all.
Speed. IPVanish is known to be one of the fastest VPNs on the market. It retains the majority of initial speeds, guaranteeing that Amazon Prime content won’t get randomly stuck.
Features. IPVanish has a great reputation when it comes to unblocking streaming sites, like Netflix, HBO MAx, and others. Additionally, there’s the traffic obfuscation feature – no one, not even Amazon Prime, can detect that you’re using a VPN.
Compatibility. IPVanish has modern, dark-themed, but super simple-to-use applications for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
Support. In case of any issues, you can contact the IPVanish support team via 24/7 live chat, email, phone line, or if you prefer to deal with issues on your own, there’s a knowledge base and an FAQ page.
In terms of pricing, you can get it for as little as $2.99/month. That’s not so much considering you get unlimited simultaneous connections. Even if you change your mind, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
To find out more about this provider, read our IPVanish review.
How we tested VPNs for Amazon Prime
We tested many VPN services and whether they can actually access Amazon Prime. But that’s not the only factor we took into consideration when ranking these VPNs. Here are the criteria we followed to choose the best Amazon Prime VPNs:
- Streaming Amazon Prime Video (particularly Amazon Prime Video US). The first thing we looked at was whether VPNs can unblock Amazon Prime Video. All of the ones on this list can access at least Amazon Prime US, while some can unlock quite a few other regional libraries as well.
- Streaming capabilities. Amazon Prime Video isn’t the only streaming service that has different content in different regions. The best VPNs can also unblock other platforms, like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Hulu, HBO, and many more.
- Compatibility. You might enjoy watching Amazon Prime Video on your laptop, but maybe you want to be able to watch it on your smartphone or Mac? We’ve only included VPNs that have great apps for all of the most popular operating systems and are easily set up even for beginners.
- Speed. The last thing you want is lagging or buffering when you’re streaming on Amazon Prime Video in Ultra HD. We made sure the VPNs we included use fast tunneling protocols, such as WireGuard, and can ensure a smooth streaming experience.
- Customer support. You never know when you might need some tech help. The VPNs on this list all have excellent support options, including a 24/7 live chat.
- Price. The most expensive VPNs don’t equal the best ones. We made sure the prices give you your money’s worth.
- Security. This may not be of primary concern to those looking for a VPN for entertainment, but some insecure VPNs can end up bringing more trouble than help. Our recommended VPNs ensure excellent security features to keep you safe and anonymous by hiding your real IP address on the web.
How to unblock Amazon Prime Video with a VPN
Using a VPN to unblock Amazon Prime Video is easy. All it takes is a few quick steps, and you’ll be watching a whole new library of shows and movies!
Here’s how to watch Amazon Prime Video with a VPN:
- Sign up to a VPN that can unlock Amazon Prime Video. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN to your device.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server in the country you want to unblock.
- Log into Amazon Prime Video and watch all the shows and movies you want!
It’s worth noting that there are a couple of ways to access content on Amazon Prime, and that could cause some confusion. You can search for shows and movies on the main Amazon website (amazon.com) or go to the Prime Video (primevideo.com) site instead.
According to our tests (and user reports on the web), amazon.com seems like the better site to use if you're spoofing your location. However, if you can't seem to unblock your show this way, it won't hurt to try primevideo.com too.
Why you need a VPN for Amazon Prime
There are several reasons why you should get a reliable VPN for Amazon Prime Video, and it’s more than just for streaming different content. Here are the main ones:
- Bypassing geo-restrictions. Amazon Prime Video content differentiated based on your location. This happens because of copyright laws and different distribution rights. With a VPN you can bypass these restrictions and access unlimited content libraries.
- Accessing Amazon Prime Video. This streaming platform isn’t available everywhere in the world. So, if you live in places like Russia, China, Iran, or Syria, then the only way to access Prime Video is through a VPN tunnel.
- Security. A VPN is the perfect tool to protect your data online and provide DNS leak protection. So, not only will you appear to be logging from another location, but your data won’t be accessible for hackers or third-parties.
- Compatibility. VPNs are compatible with multiple different platforms, like computers, mobiles, smart TVs, and others. So, with a VPN connection, you’ll be able to access Amazon Prime Video on all of these different platforms.
Why can't I see all the movies on Amazon Prime?
You can’t see all of the movies available on Amazon Prime Video because of the geo-restrictions. This means that the particular content you’re looking for may be available in specific regions only.
You see, film studios and other copyright owners have licensing agreements with Amazon Prime Video. This means they choose in which regions their content is shown, and the streaming service has to agree with it.
However, you can bypass the agreements by getting a VPN, such as NordVPN or Surfshark. They can mask your IP address, making it seem like you’re located elsewhere, and unlock previously-unavailable content.
Can I use a free VPN with Amazon Prime Video?
Free VPNs for Amazon Prime Video may seem like a bargain, but we strongly advise against them. This is purely because of security reasons.
You see, unreliable free VPNs may sell your data just because they need to get money somehow. Additionally, some of them may even be malware disguised as a VPN product.
Alternatively, you can try out freemium VPNs. They’re free introductory versions of premium VPNs, so they’re reliable. The only downside is that they’re very limited in terms of features. According to our tests, Atlas VPN offers a decent free app with a 5GB monthly data limit and can unblock some streaming sites.
The best solution, however, is opting for premium VPNs as they can easily access streaming services. You can simply make use of their month-long guarantees or free trials.
- NordVPN – with a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee, you can effortlessly access Amazon Prime Video libraries without compromising speeds.
- Surfshark – unlock any of the Amazon Prime Video libraries with servers in over 100 countries for free thanks to the 7-day trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Amazon Prime Video has a lot of excellent content. From beloved sitcoms to exciting new movies, original shows, and classic favorites. But to truly enjoy everything Amazon Prime has to offer across all its regions, you’re going to want to get a VPN.
All the VPNs we’ve selected for this list are proven to consistently get around Amazon Prime Video’s geo-blocking. And a great service will not only let you access streaming sites, but they'll also improve your online security and privacy.
The best VPN for Amazon Prime is NordVPN. That’s because it’s an all-rounded solution that can not only effortlessly access Amazon Prime at all times but is also loaded with security and streaming features, such as Smart DNS.
More VPN guides from Cybernews
Which VPN works best for Amazon Prime?
The best VPN for Amazon Prime is NordVPN. It can effortlessly access various libraries of the streaming service, including the UK and the USA. Additionally, the VPN offers blazing fast speeds and a huge server network.
What countries is Amazon Prime Video available in?
Amazon Prime Video is available all over the world including Europe, Asia, and the Americas – except for China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria. Different countries have different content libraries, so the best way of watching any region’s Amazon Prime Video from anywhere in the world is with a VPN.
Is It legal to use a VPN to stream Amazon Prime Video from abroad?
Yes. Using a VPN to stream Amazon Prime Video is completely legal. While it may be against Amazon’s terms of service, it’s not against any law, so you can’t be prosecuted, fined, or sent to jail! The worst Amazon can do is ban your account, and that's yet to happen to anyone.
How to unblock the Amazon Prime Video US catalog?
Unblocking Amazon Prime Video US is easy. All you need to do is choose a recommended VPN, install it to your device, connect to an American server, and then log into Amazon Prime Video. You’ll then have full access to the entire US content library!
How can I watch Amazon Prime UK in the USA?
You can watch Amazon Prime UK from anywhere, even the USA, by getting a VPN that can help you change the content library, such as . All you have to do is connect to a server in the UK and that’s it – you can enjoy the UK library of Amazon Prime stress-free.
Which free VPN works with Amazon Prime Video?
We don’t recommend using free VPNs with Amazon Prime Video. Alternatively, you could use a freemium VPN instead, however, you’ll only get a limited amount of data which is not enough for streaming. Your best choice is selecting a premium VPN provider, like , for the best experience streaming Amazon Prime Video.