How to watch IPL cricket in the USA live in 2024
Big cricket fan? You won’t want to miss out on the new Indian Premier League (IPL) season, which starts on March 31st and finishes on May 28th, 2023.
|March 31 – May 28, 2023
|Get NordVPN – 67% OFF
|Stream in the US:
|ESPN Plus, Willow TV
|Stream in India
It’s one of the world's most exciting Twenty20 cricket leagues, with teams like the Rajasthan Royals and Gujarat Titans competing on the field.
But what if you’re an IPL fan in the USA? Can you still watch all the games live? Unfortunately, strict broadcasting rights limit where games are screened.
So, if you’re not in India, you might be geo-blocked. But you’re not out yet – we have a solution that will hit content blocks – a VPN! VPNs can change your digital location, give you a new IP address, keep you safe online, and more!
Want to know more? Read on and find out how a VPN can help you watch every game of IPL 2023 live.
How to watch IPL in the USA with VPN
- Pick a VPN with solid servers in the US. NordVPN is best for this – now 67% OFF!
- Download and launch the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Visit ESPN Plus or Willow TV to find an IPL live stream.
- Relax and enjoy the cricket!
Why should you get a VPN before watching live IPL cricket in the USA?
Watching IPL cricket outside of India can be tricky. While there are some options for watching matches, such as ESPN+, these can come with costly subscriptions and might not offer online streaming. However, many Indian broadcasters and services stream IPL games – often for free.
The catch? You'll be blocked if you’re not in India due to international rights and licensing.
That is why we recommend signing up for a reliable VPN and using it to access Indian streams of IPL games. When you use the VPN to connect to an Indian server, you’ll automatically switch to an Indian IP address, so any streaming site you visit will assume you’re an Indian resident and instantly give you full access! So which VPN should you pick? It’s a crowded market with many to choose from, but either of the following 3 options is your best bet.
Best VPNs to watch IPL
- NordVPN: all-around best VPN to watch IPL online in the US
- Surfshark: reliable VPN for unblocking IPL streams
- IPVanish: affordable VPN for watching IPL online in America
To get the best IPL streams, you need a VPN that has Indian servers, fast connections, and reliable security as a minimum. We’ve tested many VPNs and whittled a list down to three standout options that offer the necessities and extra features to enhance your experience even more. Without further ado, here they are.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for streaming IPL in the US
|6100+ servers in 61 countries
|Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more
|NordVPN Coupon 67% OFF
NordVPN is the best overall VPN for streaming IPL in the USA.
It has 1970+ servers in 15 American cities, so it’s ideal for unblocking live IPL streams. In total, it offers over 6100 servers around the world, so when you’re done watching cricket, you can use it to unblock all sorts of other streaming content, like BBC iPlayer, Sky Sports, Netflix Japan, and more.
NordVPN’s fast and reliable connections deliver buffer-free streaming, so you don’t miss a second of the action. When it comes to keeping you safe online, NordVPN excels again. Its instant kill switch and 256-bit AES encryption keep all your data safe.
NordVPN offers the best value for your money. Subscriptions start from just $3.39 a month, or even less if you use our special discounts for NordVPN.
Our NordVPN review has more details.
2. Surfshark – best-value VPN for streaming IPL
|3200+ servers in 100 countries
|Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more
|Get 79% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE
Surfshark is the next best VPN for streaming IPL games.
Along with 3 servers in India, Surfshark has a fleet of over 3200 servers located in 100 countries. Not only will it get you connected to IPL games, but you can also use it to unblock pretty much any streaming site, like ESPN, Netflix, and Disney+.
And with unlimited simultaneous connections, you can use Surfshark on multiple devices simultaneously. Useful if two IPL games are happening at the same time, or if your housemates want to unblock Netflix while you’re streaming cricket.
Fast, affordable, secure – Surfshark is a premium product with features like end-to-end encryption and some of the fastest VPN connection speeds we’ve seen.
Best of all, Surfshark subscriptions are cheap – they start from just $2.29 a month, and that’s before you’ve saved even more with our exclusive Surfshark deals.
This detailed Surfshark review has more info.
3. IPVanish – solid all-round VPN for streaming IPL
|2200+ servers in 52+ countries
|Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Disney+, and more
|IPVanish coupon 75% OFF
IPVanish is another VPN we recommend for unblocking IPL streams.
IPVanish’s fleet of servers includes 8 in India and 2200 around the world. It’s a trusted option for unblocking IPL cricket and major streaming sites.
IPVanish delivers fast connections that are secure and private. It’s reliable, consistent, and keeps you safe with end-to-end encryption and a kill switch.
IPVanish is easy on the wallet, with subscription costs starting from only $3.25 a month. For even cheaper deals, use these IPVanish discount codes.
Check out our IPVanish review.
Where can you watch the IPL online in the USA?
You can stream the 2023 Indian Premier League cricket season on various streaming services, such as ESPN+ and Willow TV. But to ensure you have access to all the games and all the channels, you’ll need a VPN to get around content blocks.
Here are streaming services you can use to watch IPL and how much they cost:
Remember, you won’t be able to watch every single IPL game live unless you have a VPN installed on your device to bypass geo-blocks and content restrictions.
We’ll explain exactly how to set up a VPN on various devices further down in this guide. Spoiler alert: they are very easy to use.
Indian Premier League 2023 Schedule
The 2023 IPL season will see the following teams compete against each other in thrilling Twenty20 cricket:
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
- Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- Punjab Kings (PK)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Lucknow (L)
Don’t miss a single game of the season by getting a VPN so you can stream any match you want from anywhere in the world. Check out this schedule of the season highlights and make a note of the games you to watch:
|Tuesday, May 23
|Gujarat Titans v Chennai Super Kings
|Wednesday, May 24
|Lucknow Super Giants v Mumbai Indians
|Friday, May 26
|Sunday, May 28
If you’re keen to stream all of these IPL games, you’ll need to have installed a VPN on your devices so that you can switch your IP address and get around any annoying content blocks that might be in place.
How to watch IPL on your device
Laptop, iPhone, streaming stick – you can watch IPL games with the help of a VPN that supports multiple devices. Worried it might be too complicated for you? The good news, the process is simple for all devices. Just follow the easy steps provided below, and you’ll be all set.
For detailed info, read our in-depth guides on VPNs for different devices.
- The VPNs to use for Windows – stream IPL freely
- VPNs for streaming IPL on a Mac – choose the most suitable option for your needs
- Recommended VPNs for iPhone – unlimited IPL streaming
- Best VPN apps for Android – easily access & stream IPL
How to watch IPL cricket on your Windows or Mac PC
Whether you’re on a Windows or Mac, watching IPL on your PC is as easy as these quick instructions.
- Download a VPN on your computer so you can change your IP address. NordVPN is perfect for this.
- Install and launch NordVPN.
- Connect to an American server.
- Find an IPL stream and get watching!
How to watch IPL cricket on your smartphone
If you love watching cricket on your mobile phone, we have you covered. Follow these steps to unblock IPL on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Download a VPN that supports mobile devices. NordVPN has fantastic apps for iOS and Android.
- Open the app and set up an account.
- Find a server in the US and connect.
- You’re ready to find an IPL stream and enjoy the cricket!
How to watch IPL on streaming devices
You can watch IPL on streaming sticks like Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, and Kodi, but these devices don’t support direct VPN downloads. But that’s OK, you can connect your VPN to your router and change your IP address that way instead.
- Download a recommended VPN. We suggest NordVPN for routers.
- Connect the VPN to your router.
- Select a server in the US.
- Plug your chosen streaming stick into your TV.
- Switch on the TV, launch an app that streams IPL and settle down for some cricket!
Download a recommended VPN. We suggest NordVPN for routers. Connect the VPN to your router. Select an American server location. Plug your chosen streaming stick into your TV. Switch on the TV, launch an app that streams IPL and settle down for some cricket!
We’ve got more info on VPNs that work with streaming devices here:
- Top 4 VPNs for Kodi – easily bypass geo-blocks
- Best Apple TV VPNs – watch IPL without restrictions
- Premium Roku VPNs – easily stream IPL on Roku
- Finest VPNs for Firestick – watch IPL live with these top-rated VPNs
How to watch Indian Premier League cricket in any country
Whether you’re in the US, UK, France, Canada, Australia, or on travels anywhere else, you can still stream IPL games without a hitch by using a VPN.
- Find a trustworthy VPN that offers solid servers. NordVPN is a great option.
- Sign up for a VPN account.
- Launch your VPN app.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Now you’re all set to stream IPL cricket from anywhere in the world!
Using a VPN but still can't access an IPL stream?
You can rely on the VPNs we’ve recommended to get the job done, but as is the case with even premium products – sometimes things go wrong. If you’re having problems unblocking IPL streams and your VPN is not working, here are some potentials issues that can crop up:
- The VPN server you’ve chosen has been blocked
- You’ve picked the wrong server location
- You’re running on an outdated operating system
- Your real IP address has been revealed
Try these quick fixes to solve the issue:
- Switch VPN servers
- Make sure your server is in the right location
- Update all apps, browsers, and operating systems
- Clear your device’s cookies and cache
- Explain the problem to your VPN's customer help service
If those don’t work, you might be using the wrong VPN. We’ve made sure to recommend VPNs that give you peace of mind with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if one doesn’t work, you can easily get a refund and try out another option.
How to watch IPL online for free
If you’re thinking about using a free VPN instead of the options we've recommended, our expert advice is… don’t bother.
Think about it, VPNs that don’t charge subscription fees rarely offer any notable features, they have limited servers, and they recoup their costs by filling their apps with adverts or by selling on your data. And with unreliable providers, there’s even the risk that they could infect your devices with malware.
And as we just mentioned earlier, NordVPN, Surfshark, and IPVanish all offer hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantees, so you essentially can use them to stream IPL games for free.
Take a look at the VPN’s top benefits and how they cost once the 30-day trial period is over:
- NordVPN: best-in-class features, servers in 61 countries, known to unblock streaming services. Subscriptions start at $3.39 a month, which includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: share unlimited simultaneous connections, servers around the world, fast VPN speeds, and consistently unblocks streaming services. Subscriptions start at $2.29 a month, which includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish: consistently fast connections, servers in over 50 global locations, reliable for unblocking streaming content. Subscriptions start at $3.25 a month, which includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The final score
As you can see, streaming IPL cricket games from anywhere in the world is no hassle when you use a VPN.
A VPN can give you a new IP address and bypass geo-blocks, enabling you to watch your favorite Indian Cricket League team play live. Using a VPN will also encrypt your data, keep your activity anonymous, and ultimately keep you more protected online.
So make sure you go with a respected provider, like NordVPN, and you’ll soon be enjoying unblocked streaming content from all over the world without having to worry about snooping ISPs, annoying content blocks, or data-stealing hackers.
Excited for the 2023 IPL season? Tell us the name of your top team in the comments section below.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
- How to watch Champions league – use a VPN to watch every Champions League match
- How to watch Premier League – don’t miss a single EPL game online
- How to watch NHL online – stream NHL with a VPN
- How to watch Rugby games in the USA – watch Rugby in the USA with a VPN
- How to watch TSN online – watch TSN wherever you are
- How to watch F1 TV Pro from anywhere - access F1 streaming app from your location
- How to watch ICC T20 world cup in USA - stream your favorite ICC T20 team games from anywhere
How can I watch IPL for free in the USA?
You’ll need to sign up for a VPN to make sure you can stream every IPL game live. All the top VPNs, like NordVPN, offer hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantees, so you can try them out for free for a whole month.
Is Hotstar showing the IPL in the USA?
Yes, Hotstar streams IPL games, but if you want to watch it in the USA, you’ll need a reliable VPN, like NordVPN, as Hotstar is geo-blocked in America but set up a VPN on your device, and you can easily change your IP address, fool Hotstar into thinking you’re in a new location, and get access to all the cricket streams.
Is it legal to watch IPL with VPN in the USA?
Yes, it is completely legal to watch IPL games in most countries with a VPN. While some countries have banned the use of VPNs, like China and Russia, the majority of other locations – like the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia – have no laws against VPN use.