Best antivirus for multiple devices in 2023
Each day we use numerous electronic devices, be it a phone, a computer, or a tablet. Maybe even several of each. And every single one of them is vulnerable to malware, phishing, hijacking, and other cyber threats.
That’s why getting antivirus for multiple devices is in your best interest. All of your gadgets, whether sharing it with friends or family, will be under 24/7 real-time protection from all kinds of malware, and might even boost the device’s performance in more than one area.
But how do you know which antivirus product is the best? Below, you’ll find answers to this and other questions, as well as a comprehensive overview of the best antivirus software for multiple devices in 2023.
Top 5 best antiviruses for multiple devices
- Surfshark Antivirus – the best antivirus for multiple devices
- Bitdefender – excellent cyberthreat protection for family use
- Norton – a feature rich several device antivirus
- TotalAV – antivirus for your phone, computer, and tablet
- NordVPN TP – VPN with an antivirus package
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Cyber Monday! Get TotalAV, now 84% OFF!
Antivirus for multiple devices – our detailed list:
Here we delve a little deeper into what each antivirus product provider has to offer. Take a closer look and choose an antivirus for several devices that has all the features you need and offers top-tier protection:
1. Surfshark Antivirus – the best antivirus for multiple devices
|Max simultaneous connections:||5|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥 Cyber Monday! Get Surfshark Antivirus - 83% OFF + 4 months FREE! 🔥|
Surfshark Antivirus is definitely the best antivirus for multiple devices, offering excellent antivirus features, and amazing extras for a secure online experience. It’s part of a cybersecurity bundle that also includes Surfshark VPN, a private search engine, and data breach monitoring tools.
Another awesome thing about Surfshark Antivirus is that it allows up to 5 connections, meaning you can conveniently use it on any 5 devices.
Surfshark Antivirus offers three types of device scanning – quick scan, full scan, and scanning of particular folders or files. You can customize the scans by excluding certain items, or schedule the full or quick scanning. Surfshark Antivirus also offers outstanding real-time threat monitoring for Android and Windows device users.
Other features include a lightning-fast Surfshark VPN for protecting your network from online threats and Surfshark Search, which prevents data collection and ensures a strictly private browsing experience. Surfshark Alert scans the web for your leaked personal data such as IDs, email addresses, and credit cards.
Surfshark Antivirus pricing plans are based on monthly subscriptions, and you’ll get to use all of the features no matter what plan you choose. The prices start at $49.08/year
Take a look at our Surfshark Antivirus review for more info.
2. Bitdefender – excellent protection for up to 15 devices
|Max simultaneous connections:||15|
|Current deal:||🔥 Cyber Monday! Get Bitdefender for up to 50% OFF! 🔥|
Bitdefender is one of the most popular, and easily one of the best options for multiple device protection. It has an exceptional track record of efficiently dealing with malware infections, and also offers quite a bunch of protection features.
Bitdefender’s best features include Advanced Threat Defence, which is essentially a real-time threat monitor for all running processes. There is also a ransomware mitigation feature, which detects and effectively stops all malicious attempts to encrypt your files.
Bitdefender also offers a file shredder, a bunch of performance optimization profiles raging from work to gaming modes, and an anti-tracker together with microphone and webcam protection from unauthorized access.
Its other notable features are SafePay, a secure browser designed with online banking and shopping in mind, a VPN for securing your internet connection, and a password manager for keeping your passwords and sensitive data protected.
Bitdefender has a free version, although it supports only one device at a time. Other antivirus packages Bitdefender Internet Security, which offers antivirus protection online, covers up to 10 devices and Bitdefender Total Security includes both online and offline protection for up to 5 devices. There’s also a Family Pack if you want to protect a maximum of 15 devices per subscription.
Discover Bitdefender's key features in our review.
3. Norton Antivirus – feature-rich multiple device antivirus
|Max simultaneous connections:||10|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, iOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥 Cyber Monday! Get up to 78% OFF Norton Antivirus 🔥|
Norton Antivirus is a renowned name in the antivirus market, and it’s also a very good antivirus for multiple devices. It might cost a little more, but it’s packed with solid features, and the Premium plan allows you to use the software on up to 10 devices.
Norton antivirus offers real-time protection, and near-perfect virus detection rates, according to independent testing labs. It also had very little impact on device performance while conducting scans, making in a solid option to silently work in the background
There are so many features of Norton Antivirus that listing them all would take up a little too much space. But some of the more notable ones include a Secure VPN, password manager, firewall, and 50GB Cloud Backup. With only one simple product, you’ll get to secure your network, protect your device from threats, safeguard all of your logins and credit card info, and backup your most important files.
Norton Antivirus has four pricing tiers, with the cheapest Norton 360 Standard starting from $14.99/month. With Norton 360 Deluxe suite, you’ll get the option to protect up to five devices, and Norton 360 Premium covers up to 10. Both of these plans include all of the extra features.
For more details, check out our Norton Antivirus review.
4. TotalAV – antivirus for your phone, computer, and tablet
|Max simultaneous connections:||6|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android|
|Current deal:||🔥 Cyber Monday! Get TotalAV, now 84% OFF! 🔥|
TotalAV is a pretty decent multiple device antivirus suite. Even though one account works on fewer simultaneous devices than some other competitors, plenty of top features and excellent protection rates make up for that.
Like other best antiviruses, TotalAV offers real-time and ransomware protection. Zero-day threat detection and protection rates are also near-perfect, according to independent antivirus testing labs.
Among the copious features, TotalAV offers a Safe Browsing VPN for securing an encrypted internet connection. There is also WebShield secure browser extension for Chrome, which also includes Safe Search for some sensitive searching business, such as connecting to your bank account.
Some other features are a solid password manager for safekeeping your passwords and other sensitive information, as well as system optimization features such as junk cleaner and browser history and cookie manager.
TotalAV offers three paid plans which cover a different number of devices. With the Pro plan, which costs $19.00/month, you can use the antivirus on up to three devices. With Internet Security and Total Security, the device number goes up to five and a maximum of 6 devices, respectively.
For more info, read our TotalAV review.
5. NordVPN Threat Protection – get a VPN with an antivirus on 6 devices
|Max simultaneous connections:||6|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Holiday deal! Get NordVPN Antivirus – 68% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
The NordVPN Threat Protection is a feature that helps you secure your essential home devices. It can protect against malware and potentially dangerous websites on up to 6 devices at the same time.
If you’re trying to access an infected website, it immediately blocks access to it – this features worked successfully 90% of the time during our tests. Also, there’s an automatic download scanner which checks whether you’re not trying to install malware on your devices. The basic scan caught 8/10 malicious files while the deep scan – 9/10.
Threat Protection is always running in the background if you have a NordVPN app installed and enabled the feature before – even if you’re not connected to a VPN server. Secretly protecting your devices, this reliable solution even blocks malicious ads on both mobile and desktop gadgets.
And finally, since NordVPN is a top-class product, you get exceptional VPN services to boost your online security and unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world.
You can get Threat Protection together for free with any NordVPN plan. Subscriptions start from $3.19/month for 6 devices.
Get more details about this product in our NordVPN review.
6. McAfee – antivirus for 10 or more devices
|Max simultaneous connections:||Unlimited|
|Free version:||Yes (Android, iOS)|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥 Cyber Monday! Get McAfee, save up to 67% 🔥|
One of the world’s most popular antivirus brands, McAfee is also a pretty good choice if you’re looking for antivirus protection for several devices. It has a ton of neat features as well as top-tier malware detection and protection rates.
McAfee offers its users complex real-time monitoring with protection from ransomware attacks, which also creates copies of your files and secures them from malicious encryption. The Vulnerability Scanner checks your apps regularly for new security patches, and lets you know when an update is in the queue.
Other McAfee features include QuickClean – for improving your computer security and speed, a file shredder to get rid of all the remains of unwanted files, and a secure browser extension in the name of WebAdvisor. There are also a couple of features for device performance-boosting, as well as a password manager.
McAfee has different pricing plans based on how many devices you want to protect. McAfee Multiple Devices plan will allow you to connect up to 5 devices, McAfee Family coverage will cover 10, and McAfee LifeSave will include support for an unlimited number of gadgets.
Read our McAfee review to learn more.
How we selected and tested these antiviruses
Choosing the best antivirus program is not an easy process and many things need to be considered. Here's what we looked at when curating our best antivirus for multiple devices list:
- The number of supported devices. As this is a list dedicated to the best antivirus suites that support multiple devices at the same time, this was a crucial point to consider.
- Supported operating systems and devices. You should get an antivirus that you’ll be able to use on your iPhone and Windows 11 PC alike, so support for several OS such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS is crucial.
- Threat detection rates. Because an antivirus is designed to protect your device and data, it must have high detection rates of adware, spyware, and other types of malware and cyber threats. We looked at the results both from independent test labs and in-house testing.
- Performance. No matter the device you’re using, antivirus shouldn’t slow it down, and instead, optimize usage of the CPU and keep other applications' activities in check.
- Ease of use. Regardless of how simple or complex an antivirus program is, anyone should be able to use it without any difficulties.
- Additional features. If an antivirus does more than just scan – it’s a strong contender for being the best. Extra features that are nice to have may include spam filters, secure browsers, cleaners, firewalls, webcam protection, and occasionally even a VPN.
- Price. An antivirus might seem like a pricy investment, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Numerous antivirus suites offer quite affordable plans so everyone can protect their countless devices without counting the pennies.
Why do I need an antivirus for multiple devices?
While having an antivirus security suite installed on your computer is pretty much a given these days, it might be not so clear why you’d need it for more than one device. Here are some reasons why it’s worth considering getting antivirus for several devices:
- Protect all of your devices from malware. It’s probably not just your computer that you use on a daily basis, and let me tell you – malware makes no distinction between phones, tablets, and computers. They are all devices that can be infected, exploited, and otherwise compromised for the greater bad. So, don’t hesitate when it comes to having all of your devices secured and protected.
- Avoid phishing and scams. Just like malicious software, phishing and similar scams don’t differentiate between people, and everyone can fall prey to them. Phishing scams are usually distributed by email, and a quality antivirus will scan your inbox and any attached files on every device that you use.
- Keep your children and close family safe. Some antivirus programs have parental control features that let you control access to certain websites or monitor what other users are doing with a device. Installing an antivirus on multiple devices will help you protect your child, niece, nephew, or maybe even the neighbor’s kid.
- Protect your privacy. The best antivirus suites not only allow using the software on several devices at once but also have integrated password managers or Virtual Private Networks, as well as dark web monitoring for your potentially leaked data. These features will help ensure your utmost privacy and anonymity online.
How do I install antivirus on multiple devices?
Installing antivirus software on several devices is an easy feat. Here’s how to do that:
- Purchase an antivirus software subscription that allows multiple connections. Surfshark Antivirus is a good one
- Download and install the antivirus on as many devices as the subscription allows (or as needed)
- Use the antivirus software on all of your devices
Antiviruses for multiple devices compared
Here's how the best antiviruses compare to each other in terms of allowed number of devices and price:
|Surfshark Antivirus||Bitdefender||Norton Antivirus||NordVPN TP||TotalAV||McAfee|
|Min number of devices:||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Max number of devices:||5||15||10||6||6||Unlimited|
|Price:||From $49.08/month||From $29.99/month||From $14.99/month||From $2.99/month||From $19.00/month||From $39.99/month|
|Current deal:||Cyber Monday! Get Surfshark Antivirus - 83% OFF + 4 months FREE!||Cyber Monday! Get Bitdefender for up to 50% OFF!||Cyber Monday! Get up to 78% OFF Norton Antivirus||Holiday deal! Get NordVPN Antivirus – 68% OFF + 3 months FREE!||Cyber Monday! Get TotalAV, now 84% OFF!||Cyber Monday! Get McAfee, save up to 67%|
Can I use a free antivirus on all of my devices?
Unfortunately, most free antiviruses don’t offer multiple connections. Besides this obvious disadvantage of using free antivirus, there are some others as well.
For example, very few free antiviruses offer real-time protection and comprehensive recommendations when faced with a potential threat. On top of that, a free suite will get you basic protection only, with no extra features such as a VPN, password manager, performance boosters, and others.
But if you still want to try free antivirus security software on several devices, you can take a look at our list of the best free antiviruses, and maybe you’ll find something that you’ve always dreamed about.
Protecting all of your and your mother’s devices, such as computers, phones, tablets, and whatnot with antivirus is an essential step in achieving complete cybersecurity. That’s why choosing a quality antivirus suite is a must.
The best antivirus software for multiple devices should include not only the most basic features such as real-time monitoring and malware protection but also some extra ones, such as performance optimization, a VPN, maybe a password manager, and a file shredder. And, most importantly, it should be usable on more than one device at the same time.
Based on our research and testing, the Surfshark Antivirus is the best antivirus for multiple devices. Not only does it allow multiple connections but also has an excellent VPN and additional security features. And to make matters even better, it is probably the most affordable antivirus compared to other providers on the market right now.
More Anti-Virus guides from CyberNews:
Can I use the same antivirus on two computers?
Yes, you can use the same antivirus on several devices at once, including computers, if you buy an antivirus that supports multiple connections. Our top choice antivirus for two or more computers is Surfshark Antivirus, as it allows unlimited devices.
Are virus protectors necessary for all devices?
Yes, having an antivirus for all of your devices is highly recommended. Any device is susceptible to malware, phishing attempts, and other malicious activities. It’s in your best interest to stay protected at all times.
How many computers can I install Norton Antivirus on?
Norton antivirus can be installed on up to 10 devices. You can choose a plan that allows the antivirus installation on 3, 5, or 10 devices.
Can antivirus software be shared?
Yes, you can share an antivirus software with your friends, family, coworkers, and/or employees if you purchase an antivirus for multiple devices. Surfshark Antivirus is our favorite antivirus for multiple devices because it offers unlimited available connections.