Best VPNs for Los Angeles in 2024
Visiting Los Angeles is something millions of people do every year. While finding yourself where the magic of the entertainment industry happens can be exciting, threats to your online security aren’t. Public Wi-Fi networks may be widely available, but proceeding with caution is a must. By connecting to a Los Angeles VPN, you'll be able to enhance your online security.
On the other hand, if you’re leaving LA, you might have difficulties staying connected to certain databases or platforms, due to restrictions. Be it accessing corporate information, sending or receiving work emails, or simply trying to watch LA-restricted content – all of this might need an LA IP address.
Whether you want to stay protected in LA or access LA-restricted content when away, a Los Angeles VPN can be your best friend. It can protect your data and bypass error messages due to geo-restrictions. Continue reading to discover the five best VPNs for Los Angeles.
Top 5 best Los Angeles VPNs in 2024
- NordVPN – best overall Los Angeles VPN
- Surfshark – speedy Los Angeles VPN for multiple devices
- Norton Secure VPN – LA VPN for all-around protection
- ExpressVPN – Easy-to-use VPN for Los Angeles
- CyberGhost – a top LA VPN provider
What makes the best Los Angeles VPN?
To say the market is flooded with VPN services would be an understatement. The amount can complicate your quest to find the best VPN for Los Angeles. But your decision gets much easier if you know what features to look for.
|Physical or virtual in Los Angeles
|Security and privacy:
|AES-256 encryption, obfuscation, no-logs policy
|WireGuard tunneling protocol
|Supported on multiple devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
- Servers in Los Angeles. Having a Los Angeles IP address is the key to unlocking geo-restricted content.
- Advanced encryption. One of the main reasons for using LA VPN is to keep prying eyes away from your data. Advanced and industry-standard encryption protocols are a must.
- No-log policy. VPN services that care about the security of your data will have a no-logs policy. A no-logs policy means your connections and sessions aren’t recorded anywhere.
- Multi-device support. Hardly anyone sticks to one device nowadays. You want your Los Angeles VPN to work on a number of devices simultaneously, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more.
- Solid tunneling protocols. Sophisticated tunneling protocols, like WireGuard or equivalent, deliver safe and fast connections.
- IP-masking. With IP-masking features, your connection can remain 100% anonymous.
5 best VPNs for Los Angeles – our detailed list
Now that you know which features to look for in a Los Angeles VPN, you’re ready to take a closer look at your choices. We’ve made it even easier for you by testing 42 VPNs, with only the best of the best making our shortlist.
Here’s our list based on servers, overall security, speed, multi-device support, and price, which can help you choose the best LA VPN option in 2024.
1. NordVPN – best Los Angeles VPN overall in 2024
|6100+ servers in 61 countries
|Servers in LA:
|Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
|🔥Get NordVPN, now up to 67% OFF + gift!🔥
NordVPN is by far the best VPN for secure connectivity in Los Angeles. The service has over 6100 servers across the globe, with plenty based in LA. You’ll get a secure, fast connection with access to 24/7 live customer support.
Security and privacy. NordVPN has a wide range of security and privacy features to keep your data safe. IP masking, encryption, and split tunneling are some of them. Plus, NordVPN doesn’t keep session logs. This means the service won’t store your data, so it won’t be accessible to others.
Performance. NordVPN offers several different tunneling protocols, including its proprietary NordLynx. Our in-house tests showed an impressive baseline speed retention of 90%.
Features. With NordVPN, you’ll have the luxury of additional security with a kill switch and DNS leak protection. And if you need to share files with others, you can activate Meshnet. It lets you create a personal encrypted network within seconds.
Streaming. Need to stream? No problem! NordVPN lets you watch your favorite content on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and many other platforms without any issues.
Compatibility. NordVPN works with such a wide variety of devices that you’ll never be without it. We’re talking Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and others. You can find a complete list of devices NordVPN is compatible with, as well as other features it offers here.
Price. The subscription costs start at $3.39/month. NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out before committing long-term.
2. Surfshark – speedy LA VPN on unlimited devices
|3200+ servers in 100 countries
|Servers in LA:
|Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
|🔥Get 79% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥
Shurfshark is a good choice for your Los Angeles VPN. With Surfshark, you gain access to over 3200 servers in 100 countries. The servers in Los Angeles are 100% RAM-only, with private DNS and camouflage mode.
Security and privacy. SurfShark has RAM-only servers, a strict no-logs policy, and top-notch encryption, meaning it takes your security and privacy very seriously. Surfshark also wipes the servers intermittently, once you turn it off, as an extra precaution.
Performance. Surfshark uses OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard protocols for high-performance speeds in Los Angeles. The bonus is you’ll enjoy super-fast performance from any device. We tested and it showed 86% baseline speed retention.
Features. Surfsharks Bypasser feature gives you an option for specific apps or websites to bypass the VPN, which works great with online banking. It also has a CleanWeb feature which keeps your connection secure from malware, trackers, and other cyber threats.
Streaming. Surfshark’s got the capacity and support you need for streaming on any device. Watch your Amazon Prime Video content library, Hulu favorites, and more.
Compatibility. No worries with device support here. Surfshark is compatible with Linux, macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Price. Sign up for a Surfshark subscription, starting at $2.29/month. The starter plan includes 3 months free and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Norton Secure VPN – reliable VPN for LA
|1000+ servers in 29 countries
|Servers in LA:
|Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
|🔥 Get up to 58% OFF Norton VPN! 🔥
Norton is a great choice if you’re looking for comprehensive online protection. While you might not have as many servers to choose from, there are enough throughout the US. Norton has servers in 29 different countries, including multiple states in the US.
Security and privacy. Norton Secure VPN supports a kill switch and split tunneling, also offering a no-logs policy. Your connection will be protected by AES-256 encryption.
Performance. You’ll get respectable download speeds with Norton Secure VPN. Our speed tests showed a decent speed retention of 74%. The service uses a protocol known as OpenVPN on Android and Windows devices. If you have a Mac or are using an iOS device, you’ll connect via L2TP/IPSec.
Features. Norton Secure VPN’s strengths lie in its combination of anonymous browsing, parental controls, and dark web monitoring.
Streaming. Even though Norton Secure VPN has a smaller number of servers, you can still connect to popular streaming platforms like Max or BBC iPlayer. With it, you won’t run into blocked content messages.
Compatibility. Norton Secure VPN supports Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. However, you might find some of its features aren’t available on all devices. An example is Norton’s Wi-Fi security feature. You won’t find it on Mac and Windows devices.
Price. Here’s the kicker you’ve been waiting for. Annual prices are from $9.99 a year, making it only $2.49/month. It also gives a generous 60-day money-back guarantee for annual plans.
4. ExpressVPN – user-friendly Los Angeles VPN
|3000+ servers in 105 countries
|Servers in LA:
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
|🔥Get ExpressVPN, now 49% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥
ExpressVPN has servers in 105 countries worldwide, including multiple servers in the US. Los Angeles is one of the top cities where this VPN has US servers.
Security and privacy. With ExpressVPN, you’ll get the standard security features you want in a VPN, such as robust encryption and a malware blocker. On top of this, you’ll get a secure password manager to help you manage all your logins.
Performance. ExpressVPN uses OpenVPN and Lightway protocols to deliver secure performance. You’ll get higher performance on the Lightway protocol, retaining speeds up to 77%, according to our research.
Features. ExpressVPN has a Threat Manager, which includes a malware blocker, a web tracker, and an ad blocker. You can turn these features on and off as you need them. There’s also a MediaStreamer smart DNS system to unblock websites and content. A lot of the features are automated, so you don’t have to be tech-savvy to use them.
Streaming. Express VPN’s ability to unblock multiple streaming services is one of its strongest points. These include Netflix, Hulu, Max, Disney+, Apple TV, and more.
Compatibility. Whether you’ve got Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, or Firestick, ExpressVPN will work on it.
Price. ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive providers, with subscriptions starting at $6.67/month, but you can try it with no risk with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
5. CyberGhost – LA VPN with the biggest server network
|11500+ servers in 100 countries
|Servers n LA:
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
|🔥Get CyberGhost VPN, now 83% + 2 months FREE!🔥
CyberGhost boasts over 11500 servers in 100 countries. And yes, Los Angeles is one of the cities where CyberGhost has connections. Its price points are also some of the lowest around, making it a cost-effective option.
Security and privacy. CyberGhost offers AES-256 industry-standard encryption. You’ll also have access to a kill switch. Besides, all CyberGhost’s servers are RAM only and NoSpy, meaning more privacy.
Performance. As a VPN provider, CyberGhost offers respectable performance. It may not be as solid as some of the competitors’, but you can expect decent speeds. We did in-house tests that revealed CyberGhost retains 86% of the baseline speeds.
Features. You can connect up to 7 devices at the same time with CyberGhost. Additional features include malware and ad blockers.
Streaming. CyberGhost is a reliable streaming VPN, allowing you to watch unrestricted content on Hulu, Netflix, Max, and other streaming platforms.
Compatibility: CyberGhost is compatible with most devices, including Android, iOS, Fire Stick, Windows, macOS, and more.
Cost: You can enjoy a 45-day money-back guarantee when you sign up for CyberGhost. After that, pay as little as $2.19/month.
How we selected and tested these LA VPNs
Want to know how we came up with our list of the top Los Angeles VPNs? Here’s a look at the main factors we considered.
- Servers. We looked for VPN solutions with plenty of US servers, including in Los Angeles. We also chose providers with 100% RAM-only servers or company-owned infrastructure.
- Technology and security protocols. Knowing what policies and protocols each VPN service uses helps reveal how secure the connections are. We looked for advanced encryption, no-log policies, and features like kill switches.
- Reputation and track record. The proof is often in the pudding, right? When it comes to VPNs, that proof consists of customer reviews and track records of living up to promises. We closely examined each provider’s history of protecting data, technical stability, and data security practices.
- Streaming. Viewing online video content is one of the main reasons people get online. But one of the issues streaming subscribers run into is geo-restrictions. We selected VPN providers with proven Los Angeles servers and protocols to get around error messages. The most popular platforms, including Netflix, were thoroughly tested with the providers on our list.
Why do you need a VPN for Los Angeles?
Los Angeles is the second largest city in the US. So, you won’t have any problems finding an internet connection or gaining access to the latest technology. But it doesn’t mean there aren’t reasons to use a VPN there. Let’s look at the top reasons.
- Data security. A Los Angeles VPN address keeps your online activity away from prying eyes. Cybercriminals can target big cities because there’s so much data to gain access to. When you connect to the internet through a VPN, you can gain peace of mind. There are fewer chances you’ll experience the grave consequences of clicking on the wrong link or using an unsafe app.
- Access location-restricted content. No one wants to be blocked from their favorite online content. If you want to watch programming specific to Los Angeles and the United States, the best VPNs for Los Angeles will help you out. Your actual IP address and location aren’t revealed.
- Safe use of public Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi networks are convenient, but they’re not the most secure. For example, anyone connected to the same network can access your device’s files if you have file sharing accidentally turned on. It’s also easier for cybercriminals to capture your sensitive data, including account passwords. A VPN makes it safe to use public Wi-Fi, keeping your activity, device, and data hidden.
- Ultimate privacy. With features like IP masking, you remain completely anonymous. No one can create a profile of who you are and sell it to companies looking to market to target audiences. Everything you do online remains only known to you.
How to get a Los Angeles IP address
The process of getting an LA IP address by connecting to a Los Angeles server is simpler than it sounds. Here’s how to do it.
- Choose a VPN service with servers in Los Angeles. Our top recommendation is NordVPN, now 67% OFF
- Download the VPN software on your device, install the application, and set up your VPN account
- Choose a Los Angeles server
- After you connect, you’re all set. You’re ready to start streaming, browsing, or using your online apps with a Los Angeles IP
Do we recommend a free VPN for Los Angeles?
A free Los Angeles VPN might seem like a great deal, but we don’t recommend it for various reasons. You might think you get to use something without adding another monthly cost to your budget. Unfortunately, the risks and consequences that come with free VPN services can end up costing you more in the long run.
Free VPNs aren’t as secure because they’re known to sell your data. These services are more susceptible to data leaks, shoddy protocols, and data breaches. Your efforts to keep your information secure may end up doing the opposite.
Other problems with free Los Angeles VPNs include malware-infused ads and slower speeds. Some don’t help you bypass geo-restrictions either. You’ll get content-blocked or content-restricted error messages no matter what you try.
Instead, we recommend signing up for a premium VPN solution and using its free trial or money refund policy.
- NordVPN offers to try its Los Angeles servers risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Besides, it’s got a 7-day free trial for Android users
- Surfshark also gives you 30 days to try before you commit to a long-term plan. In addition, you can use its 7-day free trial on Android, iOS, or macOS
Connecting to a VPN in Los Angeles is a smart way to keep your data safe. Using public Wi-Fi networks without a VPN should simply be out of the question. Even if you have a secure home network in Los Angeles, using a VPN adds an extra layer of protection. On the other hand, if you’re traveling, and need to access content restricted to LA, like corporate databases, a VPN is your best solution.
With a reliable VPN for Los Angeles, like NordVPN, you get the best in performance and security. With it, you don’t have to compromise on quality for price or worry about your data ending up on some marketer’s list. It makes a perfect VPN for Los Angeles with almost 2,000 servers spanning the USA, including multiple in LA. NordVPN has an impeccable reputation and offers the highest-quality VPN services with its top-notch security features and unblocking capabilities.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
What is the best VPN for Los Angeles?
The best VPN for Los Angeles is NordVPN. It has an unbeatable history of delivering security, performance, and connectivity. You won’t find a better balance between cost and functionality.
Are VPNs legal in Los Angeles?
Yes, it is completely legal to use a VPN service in Los Angeles. There are no laws or restrictions against using a VPN to maintain online anonymity and privacy, and for this, we strongly recommend NordVPN.