The easiest way to find a significant other nowadays is through dating sites. And while it’s exciting to meet someone new, apps like Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, or OkCupid are not perfect. Most of them are only available in certain areas, or you have to pay to change your location. Moreover, dating apps raise a lot of red flags when it comes to security and privacy.
Luckily, the best VPN for dating sites can solve these issues. A reliable service will hide your IP address, spoof your whereabouts, and encrypt your data. Meaning you won’t have to pay for expensive subscriptions to change your location. Plus, you’ll finally unblock any dating apps and stay secure while using them.
So, read through the article and find your one and only VPN for dating sites.
- NordVPN – the best VPN to unblock dating sites
- Surfshark VPN – budget-friendly dating sites VPN
- Atlas VPN – dating apps VPN with free servers
- IPVanish – dating sites VPN with unlimited connections
- PureVPN – reliable VPN for unblocking dating apps
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get NordVPN with 63% OFF
How to unblock Dating Sites with a VPN?
- Choose a trustworthy VPN provider. Get NordVPN with 63% OFF
- Download the app and set it up on your device.
- Launch the application and choose a server where the dating site is available.
- Now that the dating site is available, get ready to fall head over heels!
You’ll need to change your location on Google Play or Apple App Store to unblock dating apps. You can easily do that with the top VPN provider – NordVPN.
The best VPNs for Dating Sites - our detailed list
To keep you safe in the dating world, we picked the best VPNs to ensure your security and privacy. Our Top 5 choices will easily unblock dating apps and let you change your location on a whim. And they all offer impressive speeds, so you won’t have to deal with endless loading screens.
Hence, let’s find you a perfect dating VPN match.
1. NordVPN – the ultimate VPN for Dating Sites
|Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 60 countries|
|Works with:||Tinder, Bumble, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get NordVPN with 63% OFF🔥|
NordVPN is the hotshot of the industry, and it’s also the best paid VPN for dating sites like Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge. The provider offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries, so you’ll have plenty of new areas to explore. Also, slow speeds won’t be an issue, thanks to the fastest NordLynx tunneling protocol.
Furthermore, obfuscated servers will help you avoid VPN and geo-blocks if you live in a highly restricted country. And you can use NordVPN on 6 devices simultaneously.
Safety-wise, you’ll get impregnable AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and IP & DNS leak protection. In addition, Threat Protection will fend off malicious software, while Double VPN twofold your security and privacy by routing your traffic through two VPN servers instead of one. Also, a strict zero-logs policy will ensure that you stay anonymous while browsing.
Not to mention, you can unlock extensive content libraries on platforms like Netflix, Disney+, or HBO Max. So, you and your date can have fun debating and deciding what to watch.
So, if you like it, put a ring on it! The subscription costs $3.49/month with a NordVPN coupon. Plus, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee if something goes awry.
To read more about this VPN provider, check out our NordVPN review.
- Sophisticated security features
- Flawless privacy practices
- Great global presence
- Mind-blowing speeds
- Great for streaming
- Server obfuscation
- 7-day free trial
- No free version
2. Surfshark VPN – VPN for Dating Sites with exceptional coverage
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Works with:||Hinge, Tinder, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥|
Another catch of the day is Surfshark VPN. We’ve tried it with Tinder, OkCupid, and Hinge, and it worked splendidly. Additionally, it covers almost half of the world (100 countries) with 3200+ pieces of hardware.
Moreover, the provider utilizes the trusty WireGuard tunneling protocol and in-house Nexus technology, guaranteeing supersonic speeds and general reliability. And even if you live in a country where most dating sites are blocked, you can avoid those restrictions with Camouflage and NoBorders modes.
What makes this service unique is the GPS spoofing feature (Android-only). It will automatically match your GPS location with your chosen server’s location. In addition, GPS spoofing feature makes the location swaps a lot more reliable, and let's you change your whereabouts on apps like Tinder and Bumble easier.
The zero-logs logs policy guarantees that you stay private surfing the web. Plus, security must-haves, CleanWeb, and MultiHop features will protect you against online dangers. And you can secure as many devices as you need, as there’s no VPN connection limit.
If you’re not ready for an instant commitment, you can try this service with a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. But resisting Surfshark is hard, especially when it only costs $2.30/month with a Surfshark discount coupon.
Learn more about it in our Surfshark VPN review.
- Excellent for security & privacy
- GPS spoofing for Android
- Covers 100 countries
- Impressive speeds
- Unblocks restricted content
- Camouflage mode
- 7-day free trial
- No split tunneling on iOS
3. Atlas VPN – beginner-friendly VPN for Dating Sites
|Servers/countries:||750+ servers in 38 countries|
|Works with:||Hinge, Bumble, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get Atlas VPN, now 81% OFF!🔥|
Atlas VPN lets you explore the dating world securely and privately. You’ll easily circumvent restrictions and unlock Hinge, Bumble, and Meetme outside the US. Moreover, you try your luck in 38 countries, as there are 750+ servers there.
Additionally, Tracker Blocker will help you avoid malware, rootkits, and unsolicited ads. Not to mention, DNS & IP leak protection, AES-256 encryption, and a kill switch will ensure your security. Atlas also has a strict zero-logs policy, so you know you’ll stay anonymous while the VPN is on.
What’s great about this service is that it offers easy-to-use apps for all major OS and no device limit. Plus, unlocking various streaming platforms and other websites will be a piece of cake. Lastly, the WireGuard tunneling protocol will ensure 4K-ready speeds globally.
If you get an Atlas VPN coupon, the subscription will only cost $2.05/month. Moreover, you can take advantage of the freemium version and a month-long money-back guarantee.
You can read the full Atlas VPN for more info.
- Excellent free version
- WireGuard tunneling protocol for great speeds
- No device limit
- Streaming-optimized servers
- Considerably small server fleet
4. IPVanish – security-focused VPN for Dating Sites
|Servers/countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|Works with:||Hinge, OkCupid, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 66% OFF IPVanish!🔥|
IPVanish will be your trusty wingman online. It can easily lift restrictions and give you access to various region-locked dating sites. And thanks to the WireGuard tunneling protocol, the service offers fantastic speeds.
Furthermore, it’s great for streaming, as it unblocks extensive content libraries on Netflix, Disney+, YouTube, and other platforms. IPVanish provides apps for all major devices and gives you unlimited simultaneous connections.
We can’t forget about security and privacy. While IPVanish is based in the US (5 Eyes Alliance country), it has a strict zero-logs policy. Apart from essential safety features, you’ll get critically acclaimed VIPRE antimalware software. However, it’s only available for first-time users. Lastly, you should use obfuscated servers in highly restricted countries.
Don’t hesitate to get a $3.99/month plan with an IPVanish coupon. And if IPVanish is not your type – no hard feelings. You can always get your money back with a month-long cash-return guarantee.
Read IPVanish review to find out more.
- Extra safety features for new users
- Fairly fast
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Server obfuscation available
- Independently-audited zero-logs policy
- Based in the US
5. PureVPN – the cheapest VPN to unblock Dating Sites
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|Works with:||Bumble, Hinge, and more|
|Current deal:||🔥Get PureVPN, now 87% OFF🔥|
Another option for unblocking dating sites is PureVPN. It has 6500+ servers peppered around 78 countries, so you’ll exponentially widen your dating pool. Plus, we tested it, and it worked splendidly with Bumble, Hinge, and other dating apps.
If privacy is your main concern, PureVPN has you covered. It became the very first VPN with an Always-On Audit. Not to mention, a zero-logs policy ensures that your information is in safe hands. PureVPN will protect you with a kill switch, industry-standard AES-256 encryption, and IP & DNS leak protection even if you use a public Wi-Fi network. There are also some safety add-ons like PurePrivacy and PureKeeep. However, you have to pay extra for most of them.
Apart from that, PureVPN uses the speedy WireGuard tunneling protocol, which ensures fast connectivity. Plus, it’s suitable for streaming, as you’ll have access to previously restricted platforms like Hulu and BBC iPlayer. And you can swipe on dating apps and watch shows on 10 devices simultaneously.
Make the most of the PureVPN coupon and get a long-term plan for as little as $1.49/month. And if you get cold feet, you can always get your money back in 31 days.
You can read the full PureVPN review for more info.
- Great safety features
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Good for streaming
- Loads of servers worldwide
- Very affordable
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- Trial version costs
How we selected and tested these VPNs
When selecting the best VPN for dating sites, we tested dozens of providers on the following criteria:
- Servers. We checked if a VPN can bypass geo-blocks and give you access to dating sites. Plus, the VPNs on the list have loads of servers globally, so you can change your location at any time and swipe anywhere trouble-free.
- Security. Guaranteeing your safety is our #1 priority. So we check if the VPNs come with security essentials like AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and IP & DNS leak protection.
- Confidentiality. To avoid information leaks, we chose services that have strict no-logs policies. Plus, VPNs based in privacy-respecting countries ended up higher on the list.
- Device compatibility. In most cases, you’ll use your computer or mobile device to access dating sites. Therefore, you’ll need a VPN that offers multi-app support. Even better if a service offers unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Connectivity. A VPN shouldn’t be a ball on a chain that slows you down. Therefore, we thoroughly analyzed and picked VPNs that offer superb speeds. You can also see how each provider performs on our speed test page.
- Additional features. Server obfuscation and GPS spoofing features will make it easier for you to unblock various dating sites. Hence, VPNs with these add-ons got some extra points from us.
Why do you need a VPN for Dating Sites
If you’re reading this article, your main priority is to unblock restricted dating sites in your region. More so, even if the app is available in your country, you might have problems using it at your workplace, university, or college. Luckily, a VPN easily solves the issue by hiding your IP address and spoofing your location.
Moreover, apps like Tinder, Bumble, or Ashley Madison collect loads of information about you. And it’s no secret that they might be sharing it with third-party services. Moreover, dating sites are often targeted by malicious actors that want to steal some juicy information. But using a secure VPN that can prevent online calamities and increase your peace of mind.
Lastly, a VPN for dating sites can actually save you some money and help you find more connections globally. For example, by changing your Tinder location with a VPN, you won’t have to pay for an expensive subscription to expand your search distance. Meaning you’ll have the opportunity to jump through regions, expand the dating pool, and chat with people outside your country.
Why are dating sites blocked?
If you’re having trouble finding or using a dating app, most likely, you are in a restricted area. Why you may ask? Well, here are the 3 main reasons:
- Geo-blocking. Some dating app companies choose to only work in certain regions. For example, Hinge prefers to operate in areas where English is either native or a very commonly used language. Nevertheless, you can change Hinge location and use it globally.
- Censorship. In some countries like Saudi Arabia, Morocco, or Pakistan majority of dating sites are unavailable as it contradicts the ethics and morals of the country and religion.
- Policies. Workplaces, schools, and universities often block these apps to prevent unnecessary distractions and slacking. Luckily, some VPNs can bypass restrictions imposed by network administrators.
Can't bypass a Dating Site with VPN? Here's a fix!
You’re single and ready to mingle, but suddenly you’re having problems bypassing restrictions or accessing dating sites. Don’t lose hope, they are easily solvable. Here’s what you have to do:
- Suppose you’re having difficulties downloading a dating app. In that case, you need to create a new Google Play Store or Apple App Store account with a different location. A VPN will help you with that, as it can easily spoof your whereabouts.
- If the dating site is blocked, try different VPN protocols or swapping between servers. Additionally, don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache, as it can disclose your location and other information.
If you’re still unable to use a certain blocked dating app, it might be that your VPN is not capable of bypassing restrictions. Therefore, the best solution is to try a different provider. Choosing the best VPN for privacy should do the trick.
Other ways to unblock dating sites
Apart from using a VPN, there are other methods to get dating sites unblocked. However, they might not be as effective as utilizing a virtual private network. So, here are alternative ways of unlocking dating sites:
- Install a VPN browser extension.
- Utilize a proxy service.
- Use an IP address instead of a URL.
- Try Tor Browser to unblock banned sites.
Suppose any of these methods seems appealing to you. In that case, you can read more about them and find easy-to-follow guides in our how to unblock websites anywhere article.
Can I use a free VPN to unblock dating sites?
While the idea of unblocking dating sites with a free VPN sounds appealing, don’t fall for it. Using no-pay services is risky, as they offer poor security and privacy features. Plus, most of them can’t bypass restrictions, so circumventing blocks will be impossible. Not to mention, they might collect your data or riddle your devices with malware.
A better alternative – freemium VPNs. They are reliable free versions of paid virtual private networks. And while they have their limitations (data caps, speeds, locations), freemium services will ensure your safety online. The best ones you can try are Atlas VPN and Proton VPN.
Don’t let geo-blocks or other senseless policies keep you away from finding love. Access restricted apps and websites with the best VPN for dating sites.
With an advanced service, such as NordVPN, you can easily spoof your whereabouts and bypass dating app blocks. Moreover, top-tier encryption and other features will ensure that you stay secure and private while venturing online. The icing on the cake – you won’t have to pay for premium subscriptions to explore and swipe in other areas.
So, get your best pick-up lines ready and explore the boundless and exciting dating world with a VPN.
More VPN guides from Cybernews
How to use a VPN: find out how to make the most out of a VPN
How to change location on Facebook: give yourself a new Facebook location
How to change location on Bumble: explore new areas without paying for premium
Best VPN for Android: secure and change your location
Best VPN for iPhone: keep your iOS device secure and private
Best VPN for public WiFi: fend of online dangers even when using public network
Which VPN is best for dating sites?
The ultimate VPN for dating sites is NordVPN. It can easily bypass geographical restrictions and give you access to blocked dating apps. Additionally, the provider has loads of servers globally, which makes it easier to change your location on Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge.
Which VPN works on Tinder?
is the top VPN that works well with Tinder. It will hide your IP address and give you access to the app in restricted countries. Moreover, Android users get a GPS spoofing feature, which will make it easier to trick Tinder's location. So, you can swipe anywhere without the Tinder Premium plan.
How do I unblock a dating site?
The best way to unblock dating sites is with a VPN. It allows you to change your location and simply download the app from an app store. Alternatively, you could try proxy services, URL shorteners, and connecting to a website using an IP address.