How to change your location on Bumble in 2022
Like most dating apps, Bumble shows you profiles based on your location. If you live in a small town or an area where people don’t use Bumble that much, your potential connections’ range becomes very narrow. Of course, Bumble allows you to access other places by using its Travel Mode. The problem is that this requires purchasing a premium Bumble subscription.
But what if you don’t want to spend your money on a premium version of a dating app?
There are other ways to change your whereabouts on Bumble. One such way to get past geo-restrictions is to use a combination of a GPS spoofing app and a VPN to change your IP address.
In this article, we will guide you through every step on how to change your location on Bumble with a VPN, present the best VPN options and what to do if you can’t get it to work.
How to change location on Bumble with a VPN?
- Choose a VPN provider. We suggest NordVPN with 60% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in a desired spot and change Bumble location.
- Reload Bumble and enjoy connecting with new people!
Why do you need a VPN for Bumble?
If you've always been wondering how to fake your location on Bumble and see dating profiles from all over the world, then this is your main reason to get a Bumble VPN.
There is no other in-app way to change your location on Bumble unless you pay for a premium subscription. And even then, the Bumble Travel Mode allows you to manually change your place of residence only for a week.
You need a VPN to change your location on Bumble. A VPN provides you with a different IP address that comes from a server in another place and hides your real IP address.
Here are some more reasons to consider getting a VPN for Bumble:
- Protect your online privacy. Bumble and some other services can see your actual location and track your online activities. Based on that, dating apps like Bumble suggests potential matches, and other websites show personalized ads. With a Bumble VPN, your traffic will be encrypted and your real location invisible, which will help ensure your utmost online privacy.
- Unblock streaming and other entertainment. The best VPNs can unblock Netflix and other geo-restricted streaming services worldwide. If you get tired of swiping through Bumble profiles, you’ll have countless TV shows and movies just at your fingertips.
Best VPNs for Bumble
There are so many VPN options available these days, but not all of them have the features needed for changing your location on Bumble. To help you choose the one that best suits your needs, we’ve created a list of the best VPNs for Bumble.
- NordVPN – the overall best VPN for Bumble with 5400 servers in 60 locations. It has a proven track record of unblocking various sites, offers strong security features, and has a free trial as well as a money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – a VPN to spoof Bumble location no matter where you are. Surfshark has 3200 servers in 65 countries, a GPS spoofing feature and unblocks diverse geo-restricted entertainment sites.
- IPVanish – a reliable and secure Bumble VPN. With 2000 servers in 50 countries, you'll be able to see Bumble dating profiles from anywhere, as well as enjoy top-tier online anonymity and privacy.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for Bumble overall
|Servers/countries:||5400+ servers in 60 countries|
|Current deal:||Get NordVPN with 60% OFF!|
NordVPN is our top choice for changing your location on Bumble. Its clean and simple user interface makes it easy to use. On top of that, over 5400 servers in 60 countries give you plenty of options to change up your environment and meet people from all over the world.
NordVPN has exceptionally fast speed, new generation encryption protocols and excellent 24/7 support. A wide variety of other features will help you keep your connection secure and online activities anonymous.
For more information, read our NordVPN review.
- Exceptionally fast speed
- New generation encryption protocols
- Sophisticated security features
- Doesn’t have GPS spoofing feature
- Higher pricing plans
2. Surfshark – good VPN to spoof Bumble location
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE!|
The best VPN for changing your Bumble location if you’re on a budget. Surfshark has over 3200 servers in over 65 countries. It includes a selection of top-tier security features and unblocks any type of geo-restricted content.
Most importantly, Surfshark has a built-in GPS spoofing feature. That means that you won’t need to download any additional apps to your device in order to appear to be from somewhere else on Bumble.
For a more detailed overview, read our Surfshark review.
- GPS spoofing feature
- Advanced security features
- No connection limits
- No split tunneling available on iOS
3. IPVanish – reliable VPN to change Bumble GPS location
|Servers/countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|Current deal:||Get up to 63% OFF IPVanish + an Antivirus!|
IPVanish is another great VPN service to use. It has around 2000servers in over 50 countries, so you definitely won’t be short on areas to visit virtually.
IPVanish also has excellent customer support and good streaming speed. Much like previously mentioned options, IPVanish offers a wide range of safety features and unblocks most geo-restricted content.
For more information, read our IPVanish review.
- Excellent customer support
- No connection limits
- Fast streaming speeds
- No browser extensions available
How we selected and tested these VPNs
Like there are many fish in the dating sea, so there are a lot of VPNs on the VPN market, and it may not be easy to choose. Here’s what we looked at when searching for the best VPNs for Bumble:
- Server count and diversity. A VPN for Bumble should have an abundance of location options to choose from. If you want to try wooing someone on the other side of the world, a VPN should have such locations served hot and ready for you to use without any trouble.
- Unblocking abilities. Bumble might be restricted in some areas, so a VPN that can unblock any and all geo-restricted content is a must. Besides, if you get tired of Bumble, you’ll have the opportunity to relax by watching your favorite TV shows on Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming platforms, no matter where you are.
- Extra features. Anything that makes your Bumble and general browsing experience better. The features may range from simple ad-blockers to complicated GPS spoofers, and maybe even a whole antivirus suite.
- Security. The VPN should not leak your IP address nor do anything else that could compromise your privacy, anonymity, and online security.
- Price. You want to get the best product for the most affordable price and not compromise on any of the cool features.
Spoof Bumble location on your device
Depending on whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android mobile device, the process of changing Bumble location might be different. No need to worry, because we have detailed guides on how to change your Bumble region on any device:
- Change Bumble location on Android
- Change Bumble location on iPhone
- Change Bumble location on the web
- Change Bumble location with Travel Mode
Change Bumble location on Android
Here’s a step by step guide on how to change your Bumble location on an Android device.
Download a VPN app. We recommend NordVPN.
2. Download a GPS spoofing app.
3. Turn on Developer options: go to Settings >> About phone >> Software Info.
4. Tap Build Number quickly seven times until a message that you’re now a developer appears.
5. Go to Developer options and tap on Select mock location app. Choose the GPS spoofing app.
6. Choose a place on the GPS spoofing app.
7. Go to your VPN app and choose a server in the same spot.
8. Clear Bumble cache
9. You're ready to swipe!
Note for turning on Developer options on an Android device: On some phones, like Xiaomi, you’ll need to tap quickly on MIUI Version instead of build number. On others, like Samsung, you might need to enter your PIN code to enable Developer options.
Change Bumble location on iPhone
Follow this guide to change Bumble location on iOS:
- Choose a VPN, download and install it on your device. NordVPN is a great choice.
- Jailbreak your device.
- Go to Cydia, an app store for jailbroken devices.
- Download tsProtector. It will help you to hide your phone’s jailbroken status.
- Download a GPS spoofing app, such as iOS Roaming Guide.
- Choose a spot on iOS Roaming Guide.
- Open your VPN app and choose a server in a location that matches the one on iOS Roaming Guide.
- Clear Bumble Cache, re-open, and get swiping!
Disclaimer: granting jailbreaking software access to your iOS device voids your warranty and may make your device vulnerable to data theft, accidentally installing malware and other risks. Jailbreaking may also affect functionality of the device (shorten battery life, make your device crash, disrupt other services, etc.).
Change Bumble location on the browser
Here’s how to change your Bumble location on a browser:
- Get a reliable VPN. NordVPN works the best with Bumble.
- Connect to a VPN server in your chosen location.
- Launch your browser and clear cache and cookies.
- Sign in to Bumble. You’ll need to verify your account, so have your phone nearby.
- Click on your profile name on the left-hand side and go to settings.
- Scroll down and find “Location.” Click on the little spinning arrow to reload your location.
- Allow the website to access your location in the pop-up window.
- Your location should change. Happy swiping!
Disclaimer: sometimes the location shown on Bumble won’t be the same as the VPN server’s location, but it will be relatively nearby. For example, when we chose a server in Vancouver, Bumble’s location was Chenney, Washington, which is around 440 miles (or 700km) from Vancouver.
Change Bumble location with travel mode
This is how you change location on Bumble by using the Travel Mode:
- Activate your premium Bumble account.
- Go to settings in the upper left corner of the app.
- Scroll down to the location and click on “Travel to.”
- Find and select the city you want to swipe in.
- Happy swiping!
Can’t change your location on Bumble with a VPN?
If your area on Bumble doesn’t change with a VPN, don’t worry. There can be a couple of reasons for this that are easy to fix:
- The GPS spot on your device doesn’t match the one on your VPN server.
- Cookies are giving away your actual area.
- The VPN app is outdated.
- Your VPN isn’t able to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Your IP address is leaking.
To solve these problems, try the following solutions:
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser and device.
- Connect to a different server.
- Enable leak protection on your VPN.
- Update the VPN app.
- Make sure your chosen point on the GPS spoofing app matches the location of a VPN server.
- Contact support.
If none of the solutions worked, it may be the sign to change your VPN provider to a better one.
Change your Bumble location with a free VPN
It is possible to spoof your position with a free VPN as well. It should do the job of hiding your IP address, but being free, it comes with certain limitations and risks.
Free VPNs are generally slower, less functional, and have fewer features than a paid VPN service. They also are a lot less secure, because free VPN providers tend to make money by selling your data to third parties. Some free VPNs also set limitations on how much you can use the service.
However, if you don’t plan on using Bumble for a long time and only want to try searching for your life partner for a week or a month, we suggest taking advantage of the free trials of some premium VPNs. And if you end up liking the service, you can keep on using it for a very affordable price:
- NordVPN has a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, and the pricing starts at $3.29/month. It offers servers in 60 locations all over the world and is one of the best VPNs for streaming.
- Surfshark has servers in 65 locations, making it near-perfect for Bumble location change. It has a 30-day money-back guarantee, a week-long free trial, and the lowest price of $2.30/month.
- IPVanish offers its first-time users a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will also get numerous features and excellent speeds just for $3.99/month.
How to stay safe on Bumble
Using dating apps is all fun and games, but like anywhere online, you should take care to protect yourself. Here are some tips and tricks on how to stay safe and protect your profile on Bumble:
- Use a VPN to hide your real location. NordVPN is known for its strong security and privacy features.
- Do not click on links that look suspicious or are sent by people you just matched with.
- Don’t disclose your true identity. Don’t use your full name, use a fake birth date, and don’t disclose your workplace or school.
- Don’t connect other social media such as Instagram to your Bumble profile.
- Do not swipe right on profiles that look suspicious.
- Video chat before meeting up in person.
- Do not answer any questions or requests related to money and finances.
Changing your location on Bumble can be useful for a number of reasons, including reaching profiles from other areas, protecting your privacy by hiding your true placement and others.
It is best to use a VPN with a built-in GPS spoofing feature to change your area on Bumble. Using a VPN not only helps you get past geo-restrictions. It also hides your IP address and encrypts your connection, offering an all-encompassing protection while online.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How to change location on TikTok – watch the best TikToks wherever you are
How to change location on Snapchat – mask and change your location on Snapchat
How to change location on Facebook – use a VPN to access Facebook
How to change location on Tinder – get Tinder dates from all over the world with a VPN
How to bypass Youtube TV location – watch your favorite shows on Youtube TV
How to play Duelbits in the US - unblock Duelbits from any location with a VPN
Can I use a VPN to change my location on Bumble?
You can use a VPN to change your location on Bumble. It works best if you use a VPN in combination with a GPS spoofing app. Here’s a guide on how to change your location using a VPN.
Does Bumble change your location automatically?
Bumble uses a combined method of tracking your GPS data and IP address to detect where you are. It requires access to your GPS tracker on your device and updates your whereabouts based on where you are according to that information.
Can you change your location on Bumble?
You can change your location on Bumble by using a VPN and a GPS spoofing app. Read our list of the best VPNs for Bumble.
Why is my location on Bumble inaccurate?
If Bumble is showing you are someplace else than you actually are, make sure to allow the app access to your location. Bumble uses GPS tracking, among other methods, to know your placement.
Is it legal to change your location on Bumble?
Yes, it is totally legal to change your location on Bumble. In fact, Bumble even offers a premium subscription with the option to change your location. However, if you don’t want to pay big money, you can change your Bumble region with a VPN such as NordVPN for a much lower cost.