How to change your location on Bumble
Like most dating apps, Bumble shows you profiles based on your location. If you live in a small town or an area where people don’t use Bumble that much, your potential connections’ range becomes very narrow. Of course, Bumble allows you to access other places by using its Travel Mode. The problem is that this requires purchasing a premium Bumble subscription.
But what if you don’t want to spend your money on a premium version of a dating app?
There are other ways to change your whereabouts on Bumble. One such way to get past geo-restrictions is to use a combination of a GPS spoofing app and a VPN to change your IP address.
In this article, we will guide you through every step on how to change your location on Bumble with a VPN, present the best VPN options and what to do if you can’t get it to work.
Change your location on Bumble
Follow these steps to change where you are on Bumble:
- Choose a VPN provider - we suggest NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in a desired spot.
- Reload Bumble and enjoy connecting with new people!
Why do you need a VPN for Bumble?
Dating apps use GPS tracking, IP address and other methods like wifi triangulation and cellular data to track where you areThen, they suggest you profiles based on where you are. Some apps offer to buy the option of seeing profiles from other parts of the world, regardless of your whereabouts. Bumble is no exception.
There is no other in-app way to change your location on Bumble unless you pay for a premium subscription. And even then, the Bumble Travel Mode allows you to manually change your place of residence only for a week.
You need a VPN to change your location on Bumble. A VPN provides you with a different IP address that comes from a server in another place and hides your real IP address.
It may seem that GPS spoofing apps do the same, but that is not exactly the case. GPS spoofing apps change your whereabouts but, unlike VPNs, they don’t hide your IP address. If there is a mismatch between your supposed position in the world and your IP address, Bumble might see that something is up.
The best solution here is to use a VPN with a built-in GPS spoofing feature, such as Surfshark, to change your area on Bumble.
Also, a VPN can do so much more than just help change your spot on the map. It’s very useful in ensuring your overall online security. A VPN encrypts your data, blocks ads and offers high level anonymity online. It even lets you access other geo-restricted content, for example streaming services that would otherwise be inaccessible.
Best VPNs for Bumble
There are so many VPN options available these days, but not all of them have the features needed for changing your location on Bumble. To help you choose the one that best suits your needs, we’ve created a list of the best VPNs for Bumble.
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
|Current deal:||Now 72% OFF + 3 Months FREE!|
NordVPN is our top choice for changing your location on Bumble. Its clean and simple user interface makes it easy to use. On top of that, over 5,550 servers in 59 countries give you plenty of options to change up your environment and meet people from all over the world.
NordVPN has exceptionally fast speed, new generation encryption protocols and excellent 24/7 support. A wide variety of other features will help you keep your connection secure and online activities anonymous.
For more information, read our NordVPN review.
- Exceptionally fast speed
- New generation encryption protocols
- Sophisticated security features
- Doesn’t have GPS spoofing feature
- Higher pricing plans
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
|Current deal:||Get Surfshark, now 81% OFF!|
The best VPN for changing your Bumble location if you’re on a budget. Surfshark has over 3,200 servers in over 60 countries. It includes a selection of top-tier security features and unblocks any type of geo-restricted content.
Most importantly, Surfshark has a built-in GPS spoofing feature. That means that you won’t need to download any additional apps to your device in order to appear to be from somewhere else on Bumble.
For a more detailed overview, read our Surfshark review.
- GPS spoofing feature
- Advanced security features
- No connection limits
- No split tunneling available on iOS
|Servers/countries:||1,600+ servers in 52 countries|
|Current deal:||Save 65% off the IPVanish 1-year plan!|
IPVanish is another great VPN service to use. It has around 1,600 servers in over 50 countries, so you definitely won’t be short on areas to visit virtually.
IPVanish also has excellent customer support and good streaming speed. Much like previously mentioned options, IPVanish offers a wide range of safety features and unblocks most geo-restricted content.
For more information, read our IPVanish review.
- Excellent customer support
- No connection limits
- Fast streaming speeds
- No browser extensions available
Why would you change your Bumble location?
Here are some reasons to change your whereabouts on Bumble:
- Expand your connections’ network. Geographic restrictions can seriously hurt your chances at finding the right people, whether you’re on Bumble for dating, finding friends or connecting with potential business partners. Changing up your virtual environment can help with that.
- Privacy. If for whatever reason you don’t want other Bumble users to know your real place of residence, changing it with a VPN is the way to go.
- You will get additional safety features by changing your IP address with a VPN. For example, while travelling and resorting to using public wifi, it is very important to secure your internet connection to avoid potential hacks and information leaks.
- Some VPNs, such as Surfshark, even have built-in GPS spoofing features, so you won’t need to download any additional apps and/or to jailbreak or root your device.
Spoof Bumble location on your device
Read on how to change your Bumble area settings on Android and iOS devices.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to change your Bumble location on an Android device.
Download a VPN app. We recommend NordVPN.
2. Download a GPS spoofing app.
3. Turn on Developer options: go to Settings >> About phone >> Software Info.
4. Tap Build Number quickly seven times until a message that you’re now a developer appears.
5. Go to Developer options and tap on Select mock location app. Choose the GPS spoofing app.
6. Choose a place on the GPS spoofing app.
7. Go to your VPN app and choose a server in the same spot.
8. Clear Bumble cache
9. You're ready to swipe!
Note for turning on Developer options on an Android device: On some phones, like Xiaomi, you’ll need to tap quickly on MIUI Version instead of build number. On others, like Samsung, you might need to enter your PIN code to enable Developer options.
Follow this guide to change Bumble location on iOS:
- Choose a VPN, download and install it on your device. NordVPN is a great choice.
- Jailbreak your device.
- Go to Cydia, an app store for jailbroken devices.
- Download tsProtector. It will help you to hide your phone’s jailbroken status.
- Download a GPS spoofing app, such as iOS Roaming Guide.
- Choose a spot on iOS Roaming Guide.
- Open your VPN app and choose a server in a location that matches the one on iOS Roaming Guide.
- Clear Bumble Cache, re-open, and get swiping!
Disclaimer: granting jailbreaking software access to your iOS device voids your warranty and may make your device vulnerable to data theft, accidentally installing malware and other risks. Jailbreaking may also affect functionality of the device (shorten battery life, make your device crash, disrupt other services, etc.).
Is it legal to change your location on Bumble?
It is totally legal to change your location by using a VPN. Changing your IP address is legal in most countries, so it is legal to use it to bypass geo-restrictions, too.
There are also other ways to change your whereabouts on Bumble. For example, GPS spoofing apps. However, these methods are not the best here, as GPS spoofing can be detected and blocked.
Apart from making you appear to be from a different place, GPS spoofing apps don’t protect your data.
Using a VPN not only changes your supposed area of residence but it also encrypts all your browsing information. That includes the fact that you might be using a GPS spoofing app. Using a VPN also can prevent various hacking attempts to steal your personal data. And, as mentioned above, the use of VPN is perfectly legal in the US and most other countries in the world.
Can’t change your location on Bumble with a VPN?
If your area on Bumble doesn’t change with a VPN, don’t worry. There can be a couple of reasons to this that are easy to fix:
- The GPS spot on your device doesn’t match the one on your VPN server.
- Cookies are giving away your true place.
- Your VPN isn’t able to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Your IP address is leaking.
To solve these problems, try the following solutions:
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser and device.
- Connect to a different server.
- Enable leak protection on your VPN.
- Change your VPN provider.
- Make sure your chosen point on the GPS spoofing app matches the location of a VPN server.
Change your location with a free VPN
It is possible to spoof your position with a free VPN as well. It should do the job of hiding your IP address, but by being free, it comes with certain limitations and risks.
Free VPNs are generally slower, less functional, and have fewer features than a paid VPN service. They also are a lot less secure, because free VPN providers tend to make money by selling your data to third parties. Some free VPNs also set limitations on how much you can use the service.
Changing your location on Bumble can be useful for a number of reasons, including reaching profiles from other areas, protecting your privacy by hiding your true placement and others.
It is best to use a VPN with a built-in GPS spoofing feature to change your area on Bumble. Using a VPN not only helps you get past geo-restrictions. It also hides your IP address and encrypts your connection, offering an all-encompassing protection while online.
Can I use a VPN to change my location on Bumble?
You can use a VPN to change your location on Bumble. It works best if you use a VPN in combination with a GPS spoofing app. Here’s a guide on how to change your location using a VPN.
Does Bumble change your location automatically?
Bumble uses a combined method of tracking your GPS data and IP address to detect where you are. It requires access to your GPS tracker on your device and updates your whereabouts based on where you are according to that information.
Can you change your location on Bumble?
You can change your location on Bumble by using a VPN and a GPS spoofing app. Read our list of the best VPNs for Bumble.
Why is my location on Bumble inaccurate?
If Bumble is showing you are someplace else than you actually are, make sure to allow the app access to your location. Bumble uses GPS tracking, among other methods, to know your placement.